Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2013 10:23 PM
Oct 2010
shanimebib said:
The highlight of the episode was the trailer of Sunrise's new mecha anime Kakumeiki Valvrave.

I fell asleep numerous times during the episode. Will watch second season for the sake of watching the first season, which was not bad. 7/10 overall for this anime.
shanimebib said:
The highlight of the episode was the trailer of Sunrise's new mecha anime Kakumeiki Valvrave.

I fell asleep numerous times during the episode. Will watch second season for the sake of watching the first season, which was not bad. 7/10 overall for this anime.
shanimebib said:

Lmao really? Valvrave looks awful, reminds me of Gundam 00 and Seed. I'll still check it out because I like mecha, but between the character designs and the school setting I'm not expecting anything at all.
Apr 3, 2013 12:17 AM

Aug 2012
Candor said:

Aladdin forgot he has a first friend that disappeared and moved on as if nothing happened. I mean, since the first chapter in the manga we know how dear a friend for Aladdin is, and now his first friend disappeared and Aladdin was apathetic about it. Seriously? Though now that I mention it, they never animated the first chapter and they never focused on how much a friend is important to Aladdin, so I guess that doesn't make him a hypocrite, since he was one-dimensional from the very beginning.

This is what pisses me off the most still, our main character gets thrown to the wayside so that they can give Alibaba ultimately contradictory and pointless character development.

This whole arc was bad, but they outdid themselves with this spectacularly ridiculous ending. All the 'destiny' talk was just all over the place and had no real meaning other than making a more 'philosophical' dramatic ending, since Al-Thamen's motives had no real build up, and there was just no logical reason for Alibaba to 'curse his fate'

Man, and now a season 2?? WTF..In almost any other case I would watch it since I've watched all 25 episodes of it, but I don't think I can bare to watch A-1 adapt a battle shounen ever again. I'll just pick up the manga instead.
Apr 3, 2013 4:30 AM

Sep 2007
Episode 25 : Just boobies.
I need a doujinshi shotacon with Aladdin who learn "magic" from her.
Apr 3, 2013 5:12 AM
Feb 2012
4/10

Have fun fixing your mess this fall, A-1.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 3, 2013 7:17 AM

May 2012
I can't wait for second season

Hakuryuu's mother looks very hot. She even look younger than her daughter

Apr 3, 2013 7:25 AM

Jul 2010
The big flaw of this anime is that it is overly plot-centric; because of that, the dynamics between characters are sacrificed. I only read a few chapters from the manga, and I enjoyed the dynamics between Aladdin and Alibaba. However, the anime mostly showed them talking about "destiny this, destiny that". Not that it's bad, but it could've be better. Another one is Hakuryuu; I believe he deserves more development than what has been shown.

However, regardless of the manga controversy going on, I still find this series good (because I only read part of the manga). 8/10
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 3, 2013 7:45 AM

Jun 2011
GuiltyKing said:
4/10

same here.
Apr 3, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2012
ShiroiRyu said:
Episode 25 : Just boobies.
I need a doujinshi shotacon with Aladdin who learn "magic" from her.

consider this(and next page) as a shotacon :D

3need said:
GuiltyKing said:
4/10

same here.

thats too harsh :D ..

Apr 3, 2013 9:41 AM
Oct 2011
Bigbuffoon said:
Another one is Hakuryuu; I believe he deserves more development than what has been shown.
Hakuryuu will get his time in the 2nd season, if it isn't rushed.

That's one of the things to think about in this adaptation, if A-1 adapted until the end of Balbadd they could've focused the 2nd season on Hakuryuu and his development as a character, and ended the season before Aladdin reaches Magnostadt, or at the end of Magnostadt and they could've ended it with a cliffhanger, which could've been continued in a 3rd season, which focuses on the war and the future content in the manga, the series is popular afterall and multiple seasons isn't a hard thing to get. On the other hand they could've given time for the characters to develop instead of just adapting the most amount possible while messing up the characters and the plot.

Though Yoshino Hiroyuki is a genius, he doesn't need to use his brain, he can compose scripts with his eyes closed. Newbie director is also genius, so when 2 geniuses get together, you know they'd make some mind-blowing stuff. /sarcasm
Candor123Apr 3, 2013 9:53 AM
Apr 3, 2013 10:37 AM
Sep 2012
I thought the ending was pretty good, though I could have done without all the philosophical talk. I'll probably watch season two when it comes out.
Apr 3, 2013 11:15 AM

Apr 2012
That was a good ending. Sinbad being badass with his op attacks once again, i gotta love that.

7/10 for the season, ill probably get into the manga sometimes soon.
Apr 3, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2008
GuiltyKing said:
Whatever they do to redeem Alibaba, it's not faithful to the source material much less its world's mechanics. Once one falls into depravity, they are bound to die soon after.

This wasn't stated nor implied once in the whole manga last time I checked.
Actually it wasn't stated either that when someone fall into depravity they cannot return to the light rukh but giving how Sinbad can handle both black and light rukh I'd say it's far more plausible for someone to be able to switch to one and another depending on their mood and how they see the world at the current time rather than your take on it.

The anime original change were still faithfull to the universe, it was different of the manga of course otherwise they wouldn't be change but even if they didn't bring anything positive to the serie I believe they didn't bring anything negative either.

Then if you loath change, too bad for you.
Apr 3, 2013 12:08 PM

May 2010
Alot of people forget along of anime have stuff that didnt happen in the manga ex Hitman reborn.

ill will watch the 2nd season for sure im just glad this got one but i'll be reading the man just to see what eveyone bitch about.
Apr 3, 2013 12:09 PM

May 2012
Scheherazade1007 said:
GuiltyKing said:
Whatever they do to redeem Alibaba, it's not faithful to the source material much less its world's mechanics. Once one falls into depravity, they are bound to die soon after.

Actually it wasn't stated either that when someone fall into depravity they cannot return to the light rukh but giving how Sinbad can handle both black and light rukh I'd say it's far more plausible for someone to be able to switch to one and another depending on their mood and how they see the world at the current time rather than your take on it.

The anime original change were still faithfull to the universe, it was different of the manga of course otherwise they wouldn't be change but even if they didn't bring anything positive to the serie I believe they didn't bring anything negative either.

i believe guiltyking meant about being wrap up with dark metal vessel

yeah the anime is faithfull to universe when alibaba saw the alma toran :D aladdin went to magnostad without telling them his main reason, then alibaba saw that scene, you read the manga right? then you know what i mean.. :D
Dark_MessiahApr 3, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 3, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
Dark_Messiah said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
GuiltyKing said:

i believe guiltyking meant about being wrap up with dark metal vessel

yeah the anime is faithfull to universe when alibaba saw the alma toran :D aladdin went to magnostad without telling them his main reason, then alibaba saw that scene, you read the manga right? then you know what i mean.. :D

That's how you want to interpret it. My point is not to state that every way you interpret it everything will always make sense. I can only go as far as saying that with my interpretation things make sense and that alone is enough.

That page does not prove any point, the only thing you can say with it is that it might imply that every dark vessel holder will meet that end but it is too weak of an argument.
To begin with, the dark vessel used by that girl is not to be associated with what Alibaba did this episode. The dark vessel Al thauran (or however it's spelled) uses are manufactured , incomplete vessels (If they're still making test on them, they mustn't be complete wouldn't you say?) while what Alibaba did was a djinn equip with Amon (a genuine djinn with a genuine metal vessel) using dark rukh.
Black rukh do not kill people. Judal, lot of people from Magnostad(or however it's spelled), Sinbad and everyone from Al thauran can use black rukh without consequence.
If anything kill people it's Al thauran's handmade vessel and Alibaba never used one and it was never said that such condition couldn't be treated, simply implied that if left alone, the user would die.

Also even though it doesn't apply here, you should learn not to take a character's thought as fact. Alladin clearly didn't really comprehend the situation so his thought cannot be taken as fact

Alibaba saw a glimpse of Alma toran and to be put frankly, this doesn't change one single important thing. It doesn't show what Alladin carry on his own and it's just information that's probably more confusing than anything to Alibaba. While the reader wasn't introduced as much to Alma toran at that point in the manga, character wise this shouldn't change anything.
Apr 3, 2013 3:29 PM

Mar 2012
I guess this is one of A-1 strategy to got us curious for the real source aka manga.. When ppl find out about the messy plot on anime, they tend to check the manga ASAP and if they like it, there's a high possibility they gonna buy it.. Almost all of us got to know or start reading a good manga because we got to watch the anime version before IMHO.. So now I'll go take a peek at the manga XD
Keep moving forward
Apr 3, 2013 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
alibaba has the worst anime hair in all of anime

^ Why isn't this updating...
Apr 3, 2013 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
Sinbad, you already cracked my top 10 character list like 4 weeks ago....now you're just rubbing it in.

Why are you so badass?!!?!?
Apr 3, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
Well the way they ended this season was kinda meh but hey there is a sequel and that is exactly what this series deserves. All good. Still have to give a 8/10 just because the final episodes felt rushed. Excited for S2!!!
Apr 3, 2013 10:37 PM

May 2012
That was a good wrap up for me. I did not read the manga at all so everything looks pretty nice. And Sinbad is badass as ever. And his new "look" with that falling or Foraz Zora is damn cool.

Looking forward to the 2nd season :)
Apr 3, 2013 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
It was an alright series till episode 18 where they totally screwed everything up by having multiple anime original scenes. Several of the comedy in the manga was also omitted.

So 7/10
Apr 4, 2013 1:39 AM

Apr 2013
The beginning animation were horror, but when it is Sinbad's time to shine, it's on another level. 8/10
Is Sinbad from another alternate world?
Note : This world

Now I get a nice look at Kou-hime's armor, marvelous!
Apr 4, 2013 6:20 AM

Mar 2013
I don't follow manga so for me, the ending is good. Got some actions from Yamraiha and Princess Ren, and of course Sinbad ! As usual i don't expect much from Alibaba and Aladin. Looking foward for next season.
Apr 4, 2013 9:13 AM
Apr 2011
Nice ending...
Cannot wait for second seasion...
There is One Kawai Loli in preview.... pricess with blonde hair... suki....
Apr 4, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
overall it was fun series but i can't help but think it could've been much much better ,it felt like it ruined a great potential ,though it was fun and entertaining enough to enjoy i hope they do better if there is a second season
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Apr 4, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
It was an okay episode but things will pick up again in the fall. A lot of people aren't happy about a second season and I think they should have made it 50+ episode anime and not a second season.
Apr 4, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2011
I checked a Manga while ago, when it was announced, that this series will end ad 25. I kinda liked the anime to that point (it was around the end of Balbadd arc). I really don't get what they did with it in final arc.

Why the hell, they made that speedrun in the last 5 episodes O_O They tried to cover around 4 tomes of manga in those 5 episodes... It's just weird.
I probably won't watch the second season and stay with 'paper' version. ^^'

7/10 anyway, cause first 20 eps were quite enjoyable.
SwiftflashJun 27, 2013 3:57 AM
Apr 4, 2013 6:10 PM

Apr 2010
Alibaba x Aladdin.
Apr 4, 2013 8:25 PM
Oct 2012
I was thinking and then I remember Mor blocked Alibaba sword with her chains this episode, did it get cut?
Alibaba falling into depravity is one of the stupidest original plot ideas I've ever seen done especially when their planning a second season. It contradicts his character and facts from the manga.
Also we won't get that beautiful scene from chapter 178 most likely.
Morgiana suddenly recovered from her Magoi loss. Even though it's pretty much lifespan.
I wonder if they'll give Muu, Muron and Rohroh pink hair.. That will take some time to get used to.
CoraliraApr 4, 2013 8:36 PM
Apr 4, 2013 8:35 PM

Jul 2008
Coralira said:
It contradicts his character and facts from the manga.

I'll give you a chance, tell me how it contradicts his character?
Which facts did it contradicts?
Apr 4, 2013 8:52 PM
Oct 2012
Scheherazade1007 said:
Coralira said:
It contradicts his character and facts from the manga.

I'll give you a chance, tell me how it contradicts his character?
Which facts did it contradicts?

character contradictions? Well, currently in the anime probably not. But if they plan to do a second season.
I guess they aren't that strong but I would say Aladdins opinion of him and how he seems to like him is pretty wrong now. Aladdin constantly says stuff like hes a gentle person, you think this would work with the anime? He's a total emo in the anime!

Apr 5, 2013 1:40 AM

Jun 2010
I am generous enough to give this a 5/10.
Apr 5, 2013 9:23 AM

Dec 2011
7/10
Apr 5, 2013 2:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I didn't read the manga and I have to say that as a standalone series, this was a lot of fun. Some great characters and an engrossing world. The animation was crap at some places and some of the fights were a bit rushed, but that did not detract from my enjoyment. I look forward to season 2.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 5, 2013 11:06 PM

Apr 2010
aww good ending :)
with that much changes from the manga, hopefully more of this happens :) [morgiana and hakuryuu <3 ]
... and alibaba and Aladdin would probably turn yaoi ;p
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Apr 5, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2012
Great ending, although the fights ended rather abruptly, as soon as they used their household vessels.

I really liked this series. So much so, that it may end up as a favorite (after I give it some more thought). The last series finished from Fall 2012, what a great season (imo).

Can't wait for season two, and it's coming really soon ^^

5/5.

8, 9, or 10 out of 10 for this series (I can never decide really quickly).

Apr 6, 2013 12:47 AM

Mar 2013
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Sinbad, you already cracked my top 10 character list like 4 weeks ago....now you're just rubbing it in.

Why are you so badass?!!?!?

I think you would find this interesting. Though you probably knew about it at this point.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-31/magi-sinbad-side-story-manga-becomes-a-full-series
“A trip is the most fun before one sets out on it. With dogs, the bark and not the bite is more frightening and women are almost always prettier when they are shrouded in mystery. I can never be as pretty as you imagine and I would never do something like that to you. Would it not be better to imagine?” -Holo the Wise Wolf
Apr 6, 2013 1:02 AM

Mar 2013
This series started off really well but it seemed like the Balbadd arc just dragged a little bit too long. For someone who has not read the manga completely,(I've only read a chapter or so) I quite enjoyed this anime.

I really hope a new studio can take hold of the animation and put A1 in a corner somewhere because the inconsistency really took away from certain scenes(Morgiana's dance anyone?). All in all, I believe we are in for a much improved season in the coming fall. If not, Alibaba can go use Amon's sword to drill A1 Pictures in their asshole!

Now on to reading the manga.
“A trip is the most fun before one sets out on it. With dogs, the bark and not the bite is more frightening and women are almost always prettier when they are shrouded in mystery. I can never be as pretty as you imagine and I would never do something like that to you. Would it not be better to imagine?” -Holo the Wise Wolf
Apr 6, 2013 9:49 AM
May 2012
Pretty much enjoyed this, some eps were so-so, some were interesting.

7/10.
Apr 6, 2013 12:09 PM

Dec 2011
Pretty decent ending. Something like a 8/10.
Apr 6, 2013 4:13 PM

Aug 2012
Oh wow, Ishida Akira as Yunan, thank you. And Kouen, bless your existence.

They probably changed the arc a lot for it to fit 25 episodes. I mean, they've already set their eyes on a second season, but why couldn't they have just made it a long running series instead. Then again, there's that issue with the budget and how they keep cutting corners with the animation. I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't read the manga, lol. Not too fond of the whole Alibaba turning into a dark djinn, but alright.
Apr 6, 2013 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Never read the manga. Also think sometimes I am watching the anime more on inertia. However, I think this episode is pretty good as it is. Cover a lot of things, wrap things up neatly and still has enough space for some talks between the two sides as well as a bunch of pointers about characters to come. Sakuga is pretty good too.

On another note, this episode must be the one with the most fan service - Morgiana, Pimon, Yamuraiha....

Since you read shinsekai yori. Alibabas transformation was about equal to as if one of the main characters became a Karma Demon in the middle of the plot (except shun), then turned back to normal.

Yeah
Kellhus said:

GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 6, 2013 8:21 PM

Dec 2011
the ending's not bad imo. Alimor service ++
might watch the 2nd season.
-MgZ_ said:
I am generous enough to give this a 5/10.
Apr 6, 2013 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
XartaX said:
symbv said:
Never read the manga. Also think sometimes I am watching the anime more on inertia. However, I think this episode is pretty good as it is. Cover a lot of things, wrap things up neatly and still has enough space for some talks between the two sides as well as a bunch of pointers about characters to come. Sakuga is pretty good too.

On another note, this episode must be the one with the most fan service - Morgiana, Pimon, Yamuraiha....

Since you read shinsekai yori. Alibabas transformation was about equal to as if one of the main characters became a Karma Demon in the middle of the plot (except shun), then turned back to normal.

Yeah

No it wasn't, are we even reading the same thing? Al-Thamen's handmade vessel kill it's user, not them using black rukh. Alibaba never used such vessel as well.
Apr 6, 2013 9:04 PM

Mar 2009
Well, that was a huge disappointment. I've been bored out of my mind since the Balbadd arc, with the exception of the excellent conclusion to the arc. Too bad, because I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes.

Maybe I'll read the manga, maybe I won't. Nonetheless, I'll be back for the 2nd season. Morgiana's worth it. Let's just hope the animation will be better, at the very least.
Apr 6, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2012
Scheherazade1007 said:
XartaX said:
symbv said:

Yeah

No it wasn't, are we even reading the same thing? Al-Thamen's handmade vessel kill it's user, not them using black rukh. Alibaba never used such vessel as well.

Yes it was. What does using the vessel have to do with anything? It's not like the vessels kills the users, either (well if it does it kinda ressurects them in the process of turning them, but w/e). Falling into depravity is kinda... permanent.

Kellhus said:

GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 6, 2013 10:55 PM

Oct 2012
New loli chara?

That new anime, Valvrave looks like badass mecha anime

Well, see you fall 2013
"Signature removed"
Apr 7, 2013 6:00 AM

Oct 2009
I'm disappointed with this episode.. no, I'm not talking about the story at all.
I'm disappointed and relieved at the same time, because it is confirmed now that Morg-chan wears pantsu under her garments (skirts?).

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 7, 2013 9:19 AM

Jul 2008
XartaX said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
XartaX said:
symbv said:

Yeah

Yes it was. What does using the vessel have to do with anything? It's not like the vessels kills the users, either (well if it does it kinda ressurects them in the process of turning them, but w/e). Falling into depravity is kinda... permanent.

Sinbad isn't the only character that use black rukh. Judal is, everyone from Al-Thamen are and even some other are. Falling in depravity doesn't kill you otherwise Al-Thamen wouldn't even exist.
Al-Thamen is researching on black rukh and the result of their experiment were the handmade vessel where you stab your body to transform into a Djinn and then can do a djinn equip with it. Those are the things that kill people, not black rukh.

Black rukh mean only one thing: You currently curse your fate. Nothing more and nothing less and Sinbad proved that it's possible switch from black and white rukh whenever he wants.
Apr 7, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Imo the last arc was terrible compared to the manga (Zagan's arc). I give it a 8/10 because it wasn't that bad of an adaptation until then but A-1 really screwed up towards the end. My expectations are low for the second season since they don't seem to follow the manga and the original story is definitely one of the best I've read in a long time. We'll see how it turns out.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.