Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 2, 2013 12:22 AM

Sep 2012
Confirmed to air 2013 Fall

Studio: Studio DEEN

Director: Mochizuki Tomomi

Official anime website http://pupa-anime.com/ updated
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 2, 2013 12:57 AM

Jun 2008
Sounds pretty mess up but interesting o-o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2013 1:15 AM

Feb 2010
Well, I'll wait and give DEEN another chance with Gifuu Doudou this season before I start getting disappointed that they are animating this.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 2, 2013 5:01 AM

Apr 2011
Hmm...Interesting. But I'll probably pass...
Jul 2, 2013 9:01 AM

Dec 2012
I might watch for the laughs..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 3, 2013 2:23 AM

Oct 2011
There will be gore :D
Jul 3, 2013 7:52 PM
Jul 2012
The synopsis sounds good. Will watch this.
Jul 4, 2013 3:07 PM

Jan 2010
What an interestingly F'ed up idea.

I honestly can't tell if I'm intrigued or disgusted. Whether I want to watch this or will pass. I guess in a way I'm disgustingly intrigued.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2013 5:05 PM

Feb 2012
Horror/Mystery + Studio Deen = Definitely watching.
Jul 15, 2013 8:58 AM

Oct 2009
As soon as I found out that this will be animated I start reading the manga, calming that for sure tv series will be fucked up, and what can I say... I don't know how they make this because it's full of blood,canibalism, and mindfuck. Censorship my friends. I think this will be so...soft and innocent in all (hope it's not). And no, it's not incest haha :/ This kind of plot and..."drawings" imo have a good future only in comics world 'couse you never now what will happen in your fav manga in animated version.
dayoooooonJul 15, 2013 10:01 AM

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Aug 2, 2013 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
Ibuki Kido will be voicing the sister
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2013 2:20 AM

Mar 2013

akikooooo... :3
another brocon role for her, eh..
XD
Aug 2, 2013 4:20 AM

Oct 2007
DEEN is doing nice job with Rozen Maiden, no problem.
Aug 3, 2013 11:00 PM
Jun 2013
It looks pretty disturbing.

Will watch.
Aug 3, 2013 11:06 PM

May 2011
i loved the manga
Aug 4, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not sure how they're going to pull this off with only 7 chapters of source material. I guess they can add some filler and make it 12 episodes.
Aug 4, 2013 11:12 AM
Jun 2013
Raigerzero said:
Here is a better summary. I already made a thread about this, but I will post it here anyway for convenience:

This story follows Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa, a boy and his little sister who find themselves essentially all alone after the death of their mother and the negligence of their father. One day, they meet a woman who warns them of red butterflies, but her warning is not taken seriously. Then, Yume sees a mysterious red butterfly and her body undergoes a strange metamorphosis into a creature that eats humans. Utsutsu is also affected by the butterfly, but instead of turning into a monster, he gains the ability to immediately heal from any wound, making him a convenient target for his sister. Utsutsu struggles to find a way to restore his sister.

Yeah, that sounds pretty disturbing. I'm assuming he must be like a meal that never ends, right?
Aug 4, 2013 11:51 AM

Sep 2011
This sounds so awesome!
Aug 4, 2013 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
Been reading Pupa in the monthly magazine, should be very good!

Earth Star Comics is doing some cool stuff lately. Glad I bought Teekyuu, Mangirl! and Yama no Susume Blurays to support them and the magazine and tankobons.

Earth Star Comics magazine is almost cover to cover keepers now with those three plus Pupa, Tokyo Cycle Girl, Sekai de ichiban tsuyoku naritai! (wrestling) which is getting anime as well this fall.

Really surprised that Tokyo Cycle Girl hasn't been greenlit yet. It is screaming for an anime adaptation.
Aug 4, 2013 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
Vox_Populi said:
Raigerzero said:
Here is a better summary. I already made a thread about this, but I will post it here anyway for convenience:

This story follows Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa, a boy and his little sister who find themselves essentially all alone after the death of their mother and the negligence of their father. One day, they meet a woman who warns them of red butterflies, but her warning is not taken seriously. Then, Yume sees a mysterious red butterfly and her body undergoes a strange metamorphosis into a creature that eats humans. Utsutsu is also affected by the butterfly, but instead of turning into a monster, he gains the ability to immediately heal from any wound, making him a convenient target for his sister. Utsutsu struggles to find a way to restore his sister.

Yeah, that sounds pretty disturbing. I'm assuming he must be like a meal that never ends, right?

Aug 5, 2013 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
Read the manga recently (the chapters that I could find which is about 7) and I did get mild enjoyment out of it. It also just happens to brush across subjects I have a thing for. (Horror/Cannibalism/Gore and possible incest) I'll wait for better more obvious signs of legit incest before I matter-o-factly call it such since from what I read, while having tiny vibes here and there, I've seen similar stuff in another bro/sis relationship (Joey/Jonouchi and Serenity/Shizuka from Yu-Gi-Oh) Therefore it really could just be" harmless" bro/sis love. I'm fine either way no matter which direction they plan to take it. I think some of you are jumping the gun though. Wait till there's legit confirmed incest before condemning it lol. (In all honesty, I'm not sure why the cannibalism is a-ok but the incest is apparently a big no no.....)

Since I wasn't able to read too much yet, I can't fairly judge if this will be good or not. It seems kinda rough and amaturish SORT OF but plenty of manga start off rough and then end up brilliant...

I'm just really happy to get another horror anime~ But judging from some reception...I can tell this series is really meant for a small target audience.

3 cheers for manga Carmen Sandiego btw.
deleted4555778Aug 5, 2013 9:26 AM

[[Website]]

Aug 5, 2013 3:31 PM

Sep 2012
I am glad that DEEN is doing this after seeing them animate Rozen Maiden right now. Horror elements should be right up their alley.

Pupa is up to chapter 27 in monthly Earth Star Comics magazine. Damn cliffhanger!
Aug 5, 2013 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
hpulley said:
I am glad that DEEN is doing this after seeing them animate Rozen Maiden right now. Horror elements should be right up their alley.

Pupa is up to chapter 27 in monthly Earth Star Comics magazine. Damn cliffhanger!

Oh? Thanks for the info. Still, that's still so early to already want to make an anime. Weird

[[Website]]

Aug 5, 2013 8:02 PM

Sep 2012
TraumaticSherry said:
hpulley said:

Oh? Thanks for the info. Still, that's still so early to already want to make an anime. Weird
Three tankobons out so far. The wrestling anime has about the same number 26 and it will be full length episodes. Teekyuu and Yama no Susume had less chapters but they were shorts. We'll see how Earth Star does with full length anime soon I guess!
Aug 5, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2011
I can't wait to see a PV for this honestly...
Aug 25, 2013 6:10 AM
Mar 2011
It's funny because it means butt in my language.
It could be worse, it could be raining... oh wait.
Aug 25, 2013 6:44 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm, this one is easily the toughest choice for my Fall watchlist. To be frank, i find the manga very disturbing at many ways, because of both the intense graphic violences which probably will be creepier on anime (unless it gets toned down/censored), and the blatant incest overtones. And the fact that this series actually dares to step its game up by having the imouto constantly predating her own big bro, while ramping up the edginess, makes it nearly unreadable to me due to how disgusting it is.

But, if there's anything positive i can take, it's that this show definitely won't be boring, due to the way this series put heavy focus on the humiliation and degradation of the siblings and have them help each other in a gritty situations, instead of having them bang each other in cookie-cutter romcom situations like countless ones with "Ore no . . " title out there. While the plot is pretty confusing with crazy twist on some part, it doesn't matter to me too much given the strength that each characters carry here.

And more horror anime is always welcome
Aug 25, 2013 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
It's supposed to be disgusting and disturbing! Job well done! I just hope they do it justice. So far Earth Star has been very good that way but this is one of those shows that might have been better if done as an OAD as far as censorship is concerned, unless this is airing on AT-X...
Aug 25, 2013 7:42 AM

Mar 2009
I still doubt this is going to happen....
Just read the Manga and I can already see it getting censored all the way.
Aug 25, 2013 10:51 AM

Aug 2011
Amelanduil said:
It's funny because it means butt in my language.

I'm not exactly sure why I laughed so hard.

Anyways, Deen is great with horror so this will be one of the anime on the top of my hype list for fall. Wow, fall seems like a great season already. I can't wait~
Aug 25, 2013 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
The manga cover is enough to interest me.
Aug 27, 2013 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
^ I think you pretty much spoiled the whole serie, thanks man

at least you should put this into a spoiler, just saying

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 29, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2010
Raigerzero said:
Vox_Populi said:
Raigerzero said:

This story follows Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa, a boy and........

....Yeah, that sounds pretty disturbing. I'm assuming he must be like a meal that never ends, right?

Pretty much. Also, I would like to clarify something that people who haven't read the manga might have been confused about....SPOILER

Please put this into a spoiler. ^_^''
Aug 29, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2008
Stop animating things that aren't finished yet, please. It always ends up getting a bad ending.
Aug 29, 2013 4:27 PM

Sep 2012
2-D said:
Stop animating things that aren't finished yet, please. It always ends up getting a bad ending.
While I share your sentiment it doesn't happen often as the anime is meant to plug the original work, increase the manga sales. Doesn't work as well if the series is done and the anime adapts the whole thing. Why by the manga if you know the whole story already??? Sucks for us but better for them if you have to buy the manga to find out how it ends.
Aug 29, 2013 10:26 PM

Sep 2012
2-D said:
Your suggestion would only lead to nothing gets animated if you look at the business logic of why manga gets animated. How many anime is adapted from a manga that is finished?? As for whether it will be a bad ending, it is not necessarily the case - the ending can be a nice wrap-up of a major arc in the manga and this would not be that bad. Come to think of it, even the ending of manga can often be "bad" so your logic would just fail if the animation is made following a "bad" manga ending LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 8, 2013 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
First visual:
http://i.imgur.com/CeQwdKk.jpg
[center]
Sep 8, 2013 6:35 PM

Dec 2012
VioLink said:
First visual:

Maybe I've been influenced by reading the synopsis posted above, but the girl really reminds me of Saya (from Saya no Uta).
Sep 9, 2013 12:03 AM

Sep 2012
NxK said:
VioLink said:
First visual:

Maybe I've been influenced by reading the synopsis posted above, but the girl really reminds me of Saya (from Saya no Uta).

it's not just u.. i get the same feeling when i read the manga..
well the idea itself is not really original, but if they make a decent effort on the animation i'm sure this one will catch everyone attention..
Sep 10, 2013 7:56 PM
Sep 10, 2013 11:44 PM

Sep 2012
Official website is updated
http://www.pupa-anime.com/

Sep 13, 2013 3:46 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
A CM is out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nEU3zStgp34

Not much in it though..
It tells you to buy the 4 tankobons which is the most important thing anyway I think for Earth Star Entertainment.
Sep 16, 2013 11:15 PM

Feb 2010
OK seeing as THIS MANGAS GETTING AN ANIME CAN I HAVE MY FRANKEN FRAN ANIME NOW PLEASE?!
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 21, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
The manga is not finished yet and is only 8 chapters, so I don't know how they plan to conclude an anime series. Make things up like a lot of them do? The manga isn't very well written though so I am hoping this is a step up!
Sep 21, 2013 1:33 PM

Sep 2012
cranbarrier said:
The manga is not finished yet and is only 8 chapters, so I don't know how they plan to conclude an anime series.
No, no, no.. Perhaps you only managed to find 8 chapters translated but the manga already has 3 full volumes published. Anime is known to be made even with 2 volumes of manga published without the need to come up with much original content, so 3 volumes should not be too hard to be made into a TV anime series.

Sep 21, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
cranbarrier said:
The manga is not finished yet and is only 8 chapters, so I don't know how they plan to conclude an anime series. Make things up like a lot of them do? The manga isn't very well written though so I am hoping this is a step up!
I wish people would realize that the English chapters they find for free on the net are not in fact published chapters. They are illegal uploads and they get uploaded whenever the unpaid guys get around to doing it for you, for nothing. If you check the actual published count, you'll find it is in fact much higher.

In the October issue of Earth Star Comics, which sits to my right, is chapter 29 of Pupa. So don't worry, there is a lot of material to work with. 4 volumes are out plus more in the monthly.
Sep 21, 2013 1:41 PM

Apr 2012
hpulley said:
cranbarrier said:
I wish people would realize that the English chapters they find for free on the net are not in fact published chapters. They are illegal uploads and they get uploaded whenever the unpaid guys get around to doing it for you, for nothing. If you check the actual published count, you'll find it is in fact much higher.

In the October issue of Earth Star Comics, which sits to my right, is chapter 29 of Pupa. So don't worry, there is a lot of material to work with. 4 volumes are out plus more in the monthly.

Oh you are right, my bad. I guess it only gets uploaded now because it's becoming an anime? Also maybe the story develops better past where I have read, because it's very rushed and there's not a lot of depth so far.
Sep 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
cranbarrier said:
Oh you are right, my bad. I guess it only gets uploaded now because it's becoming an anime? Also maybe the story develops better past where I have read, because it's very rushed and there's not a lot of depth so far.
No... it is not getting uploaded because it is being made into an anime. Where are you reading it??? There is no official English translation so what you are reading is not from the people who make it. I don't think there are any free chapters available in Japanese either.

Edit: I'm wrong, there is a free chapter at least! Found on this page:

http://comic-earthstar.jp/author/detail12.php
hpulleySep 21, 2013 1:47 PM
Sep 21, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2012
hpulley said:
No... it is not getting uploaded because it is being made into an anime. Where are you reading it??? There is no official English translation so what you are reading is not from the people who make it. I don't think there are any free chapters available in Japanese either.

Please don't judge it from free translations either!

Well, yeah, obviously it's being scanlated, not officially released. I am saying it's probably being scanlated now because an anime is being released. I can also recognize when scanlation quality is poor (poor english, poor sentence structure) but that doesn't really change the pace of a story either. It's easy to recognize when a story is very fast paced.

Sep 21, 2013 1:56 PM

Sep 2012
cranbarrier said:
hpulley said:

Please don't judge it from free translations either!

Well, yeah, obviously it's being scanlated, not officially released. I am saying it's probably being scanlated now because an anime is being released. I can also recognize when scanlation quality is poor (poor english, poor sentence structure) but that doesn't really change the pace of a story either. It's easy to recognize when a story is very fast paced.

Of course scanlators want to scanlate things people want to read so it getting an anime obviously helps. They don't want to waste their time on things no one cares about...

As for the story, I am enjoying it is all I will say by chapter 29... looking forward to 30 and only hope they animate this much. They probably won't which is the problem with the catch-22 of ongoing manga getting animated. They never really finish the whole thing.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
38 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
44 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
12 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.