Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 31, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2008
So, Bisky's a cross-dressing, burly man?

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 31, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
link9us said:

But they kind of break the traditional fights and action in the previous arcs that had to do with wits skill and brains for a more Dbz like approach where power is everything, its kind of like brains Vs brawns.

Woaaah, disagree completly with this. This arc has the most varied, inteligent and surprising battles i have ever seen (the last -and most important- battle of the arc is everything BUT a battle where power is everything)
edungeonMar 31, 2013 2:17 PM
Mar 31, 2013 2:05 PM

Nov 2012
link9us said:

DBZ fans or a fan of large scale fights will appreciate that the CA arc has it in spades, its definitely the most intense arc in the show seen yet. But other people that are looking for strategical battle's and intelligent fights may be a bit disappointed.

Um did we read the same manga?
Exactly which fight are you referring to?
Mar 31, 2013 3:20 PM
Feb 2012
Mikasa said:
Tsezguerra, BYE BYE!

As much as I preferred the 2011 version I think the Tsezguerra, BYE BYE
from the OVAs was the best. But this version was pretty good too. :)

Also on the topic of the chimera ant arc being less strategic...I disagree.
I won't go into a lot of detail but this idea that Togashi abandoned strategy
in favor of a "DBZ-like my power is greater than yours" is just flat out wrong.

Power has ALWAYS been a huge factor in HxH and you're kidding yourself
if you don't think it is. Heck the whole reason they have to use strategy
is because in a "fair" fight the powerless would lose against the powerful.

Every HxH fight is a mixture of three things

1. Brains
2. Brawn
3. and a little something extra

To quote Pain from Naruto

"Everything is meaningless in the face of overwhelming power."

and this applies just as much to a strategy heavy series like HxH as it does to a more "dbz-like" series like Naruto (not there's anything wrong with it being dbz like).

However I think you'll see the approach to dealing with "overwhelming power"
is quite different between the two series or even with DBZ itself.

In short, don't get discouraged! Chimera Ant Arc will be awesome. :)
Mar 31, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2011
What happen to my darling biscuit? ヾ( °д)ノ゛ヾ(°д°)ノ゛ヾ(д° )ノ゛

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 31, 2013 5:08 PM

Mar 2012
Its good episode though i prefer more the old version about every thing shown here.
Mar 31, 2013 7:44 PM

Dec 2011
Killuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa XD

WOW SHE IS MUSCLY

Gon..........
Mar 31, 2013 11:32 PM

Apr 2010
The battles were short, but really impressive.

Lol'd at Gon. And, Biske is so GAR.
Mar 31, 2013 11:33 PM

Nov 2012
Zee530 said:
What happen to my darling biscuit? ヾ( °д)ノ゛ヾ(°д°)ノ゛ヾ(д° )ノ゛
Nothing, just as sexy as ever.
Apr 1, 2013 2:07 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode, the fights are always really cool, I love them!

Gon's weapon may be one of the coolest I've seen xD

Yeah, Bisky looks pretty bad in that state xD

Bumped the rating from a 7 to an 8, ofc not solely due to this episode, though. =)

5/5.

Apr 1, 2013 9:53 AM

Apr 2007
Stupid cliffhanger :( Loved the episode, such awesome music for Gon & Killua's fights.
Apr 1, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
As usual excellent job by Madhouse, nothing to complain.. 5/5
Keep moving forward
Apr 1, 2013 5:48 PM
Dec 2012
Loli is a beast in the inside. Definitely lifts.
Apr 1, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2007
Hybridbloodszak said:
Madhouse Sakuga animation ftw... God episodes like these and the dodgeball game remind me why they are one of the few animation studios who could do this adaptation justice or a long running show justice for the matter

The Bombers may be a little generic but that doesn't make them less intimidating. They're pretty intelligent and their skill over Nen isn't to be trifled with. Can't wait to see anime only viewers reaction to Bisky. Killua being boss as usual XD

Another thing I like this series emphasizes is even though Gon and Killua are prodigies and have incredible raw strength like so many other Shonen heroes, that does not make up fully for lack of experience. What Genthru said about Gon will be key in later stories in how he has a good Ren but hasn't mastered control of his aura to his fullest.

Hell yeah to The Emperor's Time and Killua's Character song making a return

You say this, but it seems like only Gon is suffering from this. When they were up against the Spiders that was one thing, but in general Killua just seems to excel at battle while Gon's fights are kinda boring to watch because he loses so much. I guess it's fun for people who are used to other shonen (like say...Fairy Tail which had its main character completely shut down two people who should've been on his level in its "last" episode), where the main character is god, but I think this is slowly sliding too far in the other direction. Gon's interesting to see in so far as his actions and thoughts about stuff, but when it comes to battles I'm always kinda bored.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 1, 2013 9:30 PM

Jun 2012
SageShinigami said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
Madhouse Sakuga animation ftw... God episodes like these and the dodgeball game remind me why they are one of the few animation studios who could do this adaptation justice or a long running show justice for the matter

The Bombers may be a little generic but that doesn't make them less intimidating. They're pretty intelligent and their skill over Nen isn't to be trifled with. Can't wait to see anime only viewers reaction to Bisky. Killua being boss as usual XD

Another thing I like this series emphasizes is even though Gon and Killua are prodigies and have incredible raw strength like so many other Shonen heroes, that does not make up fully for lack of experience. What Genthru said about Gon will be key in later stories in how he has a good Ren but hasn't mastered control of his aura to his fullest.

You say this, but it seems like only Gon is suffering from this. When they were up against the Spiders that was one thing, but in general Killua just seems to excel at battle while Gon's fights are kinda boring to watch because he loses so much. I guess it's fun for people who are used to other shonen (like say...Fairy Tail which had its main character completely shut down two people who should've been on his level in its "last" episode), where the main character is god, but I think this is slowly sliding too far in the other direction. Gon's interesting to see in so far as his actions and thoughts about stuff, but when it comes to battles I'm always kinda bored.

You're right in how I should have mentioned just Gon in my post because that was my intent. Not sure if you're an anime only viewer but let me assure you Gon is a badass and doesn't just lose constantly as you're implying. We still haven't seen the result of this fight and the next arc is an epoch with many twists and turns that's longer than Greed Island, Yorknew, and Heavens Arena combined.

About the thing that you kind of touched on with Killua, for the content released Hunters' very much runs on the "Dual Protagonist" trope where Killua gets just as much focus if not more than Gon at times. If you don't like Gon for whatever reason, (which is a crime if you don't :P) Togashi gives you Killua to root for whether that's his fights or just his character. As Biscuit says, Gon and Killua make a good combo to help cover each other's flaws. Gon needs Killua and the reverse likewise
HybridMBLApr 2, 2013 1:33 AM
Apr 1, 2013 9:47 PM
Feb 2012
SageShinigami said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

Killua was trained as an assassin since child hood so he has an edge on Gon.
Gon loses because he's up against overwhelming odds. I mean what can you
really expect when Gon is fighting someone twice his size and has much
more experience with nen and battle? Gon's fights aren't about what
Gon can dish it's about how much he can take. As Genthru said it's not
about the physical but the spiritual. Genthru may have beaten the crap
out of Gon but Gon won this round because he got Genthru to use his ability.
Now whether or not that will be a mistake for Gon we'll have to wait and see.

Killua on the other hand, sure he's skilled but again that's due to his
training and experience. Killua plays it safe and won't go into battle
he can't win...that is until he meets Gon and befriends him. The old
Killua would never fight against Sub knowing nothing of his abilities
but Killua is a hunter now and he's more willing to take risks.

I like Gon's fights because even though he gets kicked around
he has the determination to get back up.
Apr 1, 2013 11:40 PM

Feb 2012
pycenmy said:
Set aside the fact that Gon is the true MC (that's why he get the main battles).

Wouldn't it be more logical for them if Bisky (the strongest out them) fought Genthru (the strongest of his team) instead?

mrsticky005, now is the time for your wall of text about why Gon fighting Genthru is probabilistically the best choice xD

But the explanation is simple:
Biscuit is strong for sure, but fighting Genthru just with her skill would be too risky, because Genthru is also strong.
Instead they made a plan so even Gon can beat him easily. Then, if the plan makes a secure win, it would be a waste if Biscuit uses it. Instead Gon is using the plan, and Biscuit is just having a normal fight with Bara.

The problem is Gon, who is stubborn and isn't sticking to the plan...
Apr 2, 2013 2:11 AM
Mar 2013
Killua's track is nice but what I want is the battle theme from Gon vs. Razor / Gon vs. Genthru. It was about time the background music stepped up to the animation's quality.

And about matchup choices (heavy spoilers):
IrghenApr 2, 2013 2:14 AM
Apr 2, 2013 4:12 AM

Jan 2013
great episode! seriously, madhouse has done a fantastic job with the animation. looking forward to next episode as always. and I always want to pick back up on CA after watching a new episode.

Im surprised no one uploaded that picture of Gon, Bisky and Killua with their respective eye colors glowing. I thought it looked cool and "prnt screened" it, but havent uploaded it.
Apr 2, 2013 8:16 AM

Jul 2011
Kyaa. Killua so coool!

If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Apr 2, 2013 4:03 PM
Feb 2012
dextronaut said:
great episode! seriously, madhouse has done a fantastic job with the animation. looking forward to next episode as always. and I always want to pick back up on CA after watching a new episode.

Im surprised no one uploaded that picture of Gon, Bisky and Killua with their respective eye colors glowing. I thought it looked cool and "prnt screened" it, but havent uploaded it.

You mean when they used Zetsu.

and was very happy about that part because while the ova did show
them hiding you couldn't really tell if they were using Zetsu or not.
While here they make it so you can tell quite easily due to the loss
of light in their eyes and how they look dimmer
Apr 2, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2008
bisky... is epic!!!
Apr 2, 2013 10:45 PM

Jun 2011
this episode remind me why i love this shit.
damn, awesome episode.
DAT ANIMATION
i fuckin love madhouse
Apr 2, 2013 10:52 PM

Sep 2008
Hm, not being a manga reader myself, I only know the story up till this episode. But then I must say that I don't really like the direction in which Gon's powers are being developed. It's a becoming a bit too much like the formulaic shounen "main guy just gets stronger and stronger" case everyone is familiar with(*hint hint* Bleach). It seems established from the start that Gon has the potential to be a great Hunter, but it's getting a bit repetitive when every 2 episodes they have guy X exclaim something about his potential...

I had much preferred how Kurapika developed in the Phantom Troupe arc. He was powerful, yet his abilities and limitations were well-defined. It was elegant without putting too much emphasis on the power-gain-as-fight-progresses theme. As a result, all the fights were relatively short, sweet, intense, and satisfying, i.e. Kurapika vs Uvogin, Zoldyck vs Chrollo. But now I feel like it has just reverted back to typical Shounen and all the associated problems, considering how one dodgeball game can take 2 episodes.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Apr 2, 2013 11:59 PM

Apr 2012
kuity said:
Hm, not being a manga reader myself, I only know the story up till this episode. But then I must say that I don't really like the direction in which Gon's powers are being developed. It's a becoming a bit too much like the formulaic shounen "main guy just gets stronger and stronger" case everyone is familiar with(*hint hint* Bleach). It seems established from the start that Gon has the potential to be a great Hunter, but it's getting a bit repetitive when every 2 episodes they have guy X exclaim something about his potential...

I had much preferred how Kurapika developed in the Phantom Troupe arc. He was powerful, yet his abilities and limitations were well-defined. It was elegant without putting too much emphasis on the power-gain-as-fight-progresses theme. As a result, all the fights were relatively short, sweet, intense, and satisfying, i.e. Kurapika vs Uvogin, Zoldyck vs Chrollo. But now I feel like it has just reverted back to typical Shounen and all the associated problems, considering how one dodgeball game can take 2 episodes.

I'm not really sure what you are complaining about... Like I don't entirely get what you are saying

If you think about it.. Gon has never won a significant battle. He lost while versing Hisoka and technically lost in the 1v1 fight in the hunter exam, he lost to the girl butler in Zoldyck arc, and he lost to Hisoka in Heavens Arena.

I think he's a completely different type of main character. And the fact that people 'state' that he has potential is because they are seeing him for the first time, plus he is a kid-Hunter which already says a lot. Most of the abilities Gon learns have already been perfected by many other people, the only somewhat-unique ability he comes up with is the Jan ken. I've never seen Gon get stronger during a fight, he always uses what he has to do what he can to his opponent.

For Kurapika, he is seen as a really strong character and we rarely see him, so they can display him as a powerhouse. If he were a crucial member of the series (I'm not saying he isn't, he just isn't shown very often) he would probably be more dynamic. They would show people that are able to counter his Nen chains, (Chrollo might of been able to counter the chains had he been given the chance... or Nobunaga since he can use En... ).

As for the dodgeball game.. assuming you are complaining about how long it is (1 + 2 half episodes). I thought it was a decent length. Had it just been two half-episodes it probably would of felt rushed and it wouldn't be able to show off how difficult/strong Razor was as well as build suspense. Obviously Gon was not stronger then Razor and didn't get stronger by the end of the episode..he just altered his tactics in terms of receiving the ball and used his Jan Ken Guu to fight back. Besides the fact that Razor couldn't dodge the attack, he was still able to deflect it and shoot it back at Gon.

In terms of this episode Gon has trained to counter Genthru's attacks. Genthru is more skilled in normal hand-to-hand combat in comparison to Gon. By the end of this episode Gon made Genthru fight on his terms (i.e. makes him use little flower)... and you will see how that turns out in the next episode.
FrostToasterApr 3, 2013 12:05 AM
Apr 3, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
FrostToaster said:
kuity said:

I'm not really sure what you are complaining about... Like I don't entirely get what you are saying

If you think about it.. Gon has never won a significant battle. He lost while versing Hisoka and technically lost in the 1v1 fight in the hunter exam, he lost to the girl butler in Zoldyck arc, and he lost to Hisoka in Heavens Arena.

I think he's a completely different type of main character. And the fact that people 'state' that he has potential is because they are seeing him for the first time, plus he is a kid-Hunter which already says a lot. Most of the abilities Gon learns have already been perfected by many other people, the only somewhat-unique ability he comes up with is the Jan ken. I've never seen Gon get stronger during a fight, he always uses what he has to do what he can to his opponent.

For Kurapika, he is seen as a really strong character and we rarely see him, so they can display him as a powerhouse. If he were a crucial member of the series (I'm not saying he isn't, he just isn't shown very often) he would probably be more dynamic. They would show people that are able to counter his Nen chains, (Chrollo might of been able to counter the chains had he been given the chance... or Nobunaga since he can use En... ).

As for the dodgeball game.. assuming you are complaining about how long it is (1 + 2 half episodes). I thought it was a decent length. Had it just been two half-episodes it probably would of felt rushed and it wouldn't be able to show off how difficult/strong Razor was as well as build suspense. Obviously Gon was not stronger then Razor and didn't get stronger by the end of the episode..he just altered his tactics in terms of receiving the ball and used his Jan Ken Guu to fight back. Besides the fact that Razor couldn't dodge the attack, he was still able to deflect it and shoot it back at Gon.

In terms of this episode Gon has trained to counter Genthru's attacks. Genthru is more skilled in normal hand-to-hand combat in comparison to Gon. By the end of this episode Gon made Genthru fight on his terms (i.e. makes him use little flower)... and you will see how that turns out in the next episode.

I can understand where you are coming from. Let me try to rephrase my complaint in a more concise way.

The reason I am bringing this up now is because of events that transpired in Greed Island, which is to say I am satisfied with how things went prior to this i.e. Heavens arena, Hunter exam, Yorknew arc.

The main event that triggered my reaction is this dodgeball game. You are wrong to say that Gon did not get stronger throughout the fight. In fact, emphasis was placed on him firing 3 consecutive Jan Ken Guu's, each stronger than the next. A lot of time was spent on this. But what it boils down to is that any reason you can come up with to explain why each shot is stronger than the next is classical shounen(i.e. desire to get stronger, desire to win fight, inner resolve etc.), and at the end of the day I can summarize it as a display of brute force, lacking any of the elegance of the previous fights that I have named. That is why I say I don't like the way Gon's powers are being developed.

Anyway, Kurapika is THE protagonist as far as I'm concerned for the Yorknew arc. All events were revolving him and his grudge against the Phantom Troupe.

With regards to Gon's potential thing, you really don't have to try and justify it. It is a technique used in like, half of all shounen anime, because it's an effective way to entertain the target audience. I probably shouldn't have brought it up.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Apr 3, 2013 3:53 PM
Feb 2012
kuity said:

1. Gon isn't Kurapika.

2. Gon is the protagonist of the series not Kurapika

3. Gon is an enhancer. Enhancers are pretty much the shonen archetype

4. Greed Island is a training arc for Gon

5. HxH at the end of the day is a shonen albeit a twisted one.

6. Kurapika didn't develop powers. He took a shortcut and that's the condition

Yorknew is a good arc but if you're looking for more Yorknew you probably
should just quit while you're ahead because it's pretty much Gon the
rest of the way. However if you want to keep watching that's cool
I'm just saying if it bothers you that Gon "levels up" then you're
gonna be disappointed as the series goes on.
Apr 3, 2013 4:14 PM
Sep 2012
kuity said:

2 ways, either trolling or simply don't get it.
Didn't Gon just pass out a couple of episodes ago because of his "limitation"? Didn't everyone watch the same episode? What about the fact that he couldn't learn something in 2 weeks because it's too much? Or him still being weaker than Genthru that the only way is Killua's plan?
Apr 3, 2013 5:36 PM

Apr 2010
nelsonbrabra said:
this episode remind me why i love this shit.
damn, awesome episode.
DAT ANIMATION
i fuckin love madhouse

This comment. And not only the animation was awesome today, the pacing throughout the episode and the fights were outstanding. Also, Killua was SO DAMN COOL in this episode, can't til next episode

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Apr 3, 2013 11:49 PM

Jul 2007
kuity said:
FrostToaster said:
kuity said:

I can understand where you are coming from. Let me try to rephrase my complaint in a more concise way.

The reason I am bringing this up now is because of events that transpired in Greed Island, which is to say I am satisfied with how things went prior to this i.e. Heavens arena, Hunter exam, Yorknew arc.

The main event that triggered my reaction is this dodgeball game. You are wrong to say that Gon did not get stronger throughout the fight. In fact, emphasis was placed on him firing 3 consecutive Jan Ken Guu's, each stronger than the next. A lot of time was spent on this. But what it boils down to is that any reason you can come up with to explain why each shot is stronger than the next is classical shounen(i.e. desire to get stronger, desire to win fight, inner resolve etc.), and at the end of the day I can summarize it as a display of brute force, lacking any of the elegance of the previous fights that I have named. That is why I say I don't like the way Gon's powers are being developed.

Anyway, Kurapika is THE protagonist as far as I'm concerned for the Yorknew arc. All events were revolving him and his grudge against the Phantom Troupe.

With regards to Gon's potential thing, you really don't have to try and justify it. It is a technique used in like, half of all shounen anime, because it's an effective way to entertain the target audience. I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

Essentially she is actually right and its alot more noticeable when you get to the large scale chimera ant arc. I didn't really care for the direction togashi took as far as Brains Vs brawn, but inevitably that is what all shonen become eventually.

How ever their are some really high points in the series moving forward. Togashi really expands the universe of his story and introduces just many new characters so it will be interesting.
ArtimesGamerApr 3, 2013 11:52 PM

Apr 4, 2013 12:00 AM

Sep 2012
We never saw him use it before, we never knew how much it takes out of him, nor how high bis peak is, so whats wrong with him holding back? No evidence that suggest he didnt? Of course.
What about him passing out? A shonen would have him fire a 4th, shot that wins th match. Showing he has an actual limit righ at the climax and have him collapse is something no other shonen did (unless it was temp and he got up to defeat the enemy afterward)

Also the inner resolve is the actual paychological sense, which exists in people in our world, that never actually helped him physically get more aura out of nowhere. It was just him deciding to go stronger than the first time, which was bis first try at all.

I dont blame you if you cant understand the layers but dont try to preach that they dont exist.

The intellect of them using the block trio thing, bungie gum, receives, and all that are there.
Apr 4, 2013 8:25 AM

Apr 2011
FrostToaster said:
I've been waiting so long for this confrontation. Killua's Experiments and Bisky's true form were pretty awesome. I can't believe they left the episode on a cliffhanger. It's going to be hard to wait a week for this.

Gon decides not to fight according to their plan, and instead fights Gethru head on... Typical Gon
He is fighting acording the plan, but in next episode he will make huge mistake.
Apr 4, 2013 10:15 AM

Feb 2012
BioGreen said:
He is fighting acording the plan, but in next episode he will make huge mistake.

He isn't fighting acoding to the plan.

He said it himself in this episode... he will follow the plan later but first he wants to make Genthru use his technique.
Apr 5, 2013 2:15 AM

Dec 2008
This is good but is it me or are they rushing too much
Apr 5, 2013 5:47 AM
Nov 2009
ultimateninjax said:

Its only you.
Apr 5, 2013 6:04 AM

Mar 2012
ultimateninjax said:

forever alone
End Zionazism
Apr 5, 2013 6:50 AM

Mar 2012
ultimateninjax said:

Always but better this way.
Apr 6, 2013 4:24 AM
Mar 2012
You are insane, just not my kind of insane
that line made me laugh a bit
Apr 6, 2013 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
5/5 as always. Only a couple episodes now for C.A.

ultimateninjax said:

As long MH keep doing amazing episodes every week, I don't really mind.
Apr 7, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
kuity said:
FrostToaster said:
kuity said:

Sorry completely forgot about this post, no offense.

Besides that I don't really have much to say. I agree with what you are saying. All I can say, in terms of Gon's abilities, is "Typical Shounen".

While re-reading what I said I realize I was basically describing a typical shounen character.
Apr 11, 2013 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
Wait a minute! At the end of last episode the bomber and friends went to the real world and killed that guard guy and then said they will kill the rest that escaped there. But in this they weere just outside the entrance of the game waiting and then went for Gon's group. Am i missing something here? This makes no sense.
Apr 11, 2013 1:31 PM

Feb 2012
Monad said:
Wait a minute! At the end of last episode the bomber and friends went to the real world and killed that guard guy and then said they will kill the rest that escaped there. But in this they weere just outside the entrance of the game waiting and then went for Gon's group. Am i missing something here? This makes no sense.

In this episode Genthru says something like "Tzesguera took Battera with him and ran away". That pretty much explains what happened after the end of last episode, maybe you missed that line.

Still, it's pretty weird how it was handled off camera. It was the same in the manga.
Apr 11, 2013 1:33 PM
Jul 2012
Monad said:

that's because they took battera and made a run for it, so instead of following them bomber &co decided to expect them at the entrance
Apr 12, 2013 4:50 AM

Sep 2008
Well that guy didn't stand much of a chance against Bisky.

Also it's been such a long time since Killua did any sort of fighting. Nice to see the new techniques he's been working on.

Gon is getting beaten up as always.
Apr 16, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2009
Uber-Biscuit is both awesome and disturbing at the same time.
Apr 20, 2013 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
This was fucking awesome. Biscuit and Killua were epic as shit here. Fuck. I love how Gon is getting his ass kicked while they are owning their opponents.

Also, I'm finding myself disagreeing with some of the comments about Gon. Yeah, he has the make up of your typical Shounen lead but I think the way the series has handled him makes him pretty special. As others have pointed out, he has barely actually "won" anything and I think that that is a big part of his charm. He tries his hardest and even in defeat he looks like a total bad ass.

The difference here is that Genthru would not hesitate to kill him should he fail so he better figure something out.
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 20, 2013 4:32 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 4:30 PM

Feb 2012
insan3soldiern said:
This was fucking awesome. Biscuit and Killua were epic as shit here. Fuck. I love how Gon is getting his ass kicked while they are owning their opponents.

Have you read the manga?

If you didn't, I'm interested in seeing your reaction to the next episode xD
Apr 20, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2009
Salce said:
insan3soldiern said:

Have you read the manga?

If you didn't, I'm interested in seeing your reaction to the next episode xD

No, I haven't and I'm about to watch the next episode. As I mentioned in my edit, though, Gon definitely has to find a way to win here.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 6, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2012
My jaw dropped when I saw Bisky's "macho"form! Haha.. that was too manly for her. And Killua is badass as always. That yoyos was epic! Everything was epic! Geez, I am really loving this series. Kudos again to Madhouse for a very great animation!
Jun 10, 2013 8:00 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, Bisky's a tough loli. Looking forward to the conclusion of the fight between Gon and that bomber guy with the shades.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.