Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2013 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
LOL, I like the switch of his sister's character at the later part of the episode. I prefer that one rather than your typical cute little sister.

I won't expect much from this series, I hope the future episode will change my mind.

Apr 1, 2013 3:02 AM

Jan 2012
I like the first episode. It looks al well done, I can't wait for the TV airing.
Apr 1, 2013 3:59 AM

Mar 2013
Just to be sure,Kotori is a sadist right ?
Apr 1, 2013 4:06 AM

Mar 2012
It's interesting actually, not really that awesome but it's the first episode so better I not judge it
Apr 1, 2013 5:04 AM

Jun 2012
zakkun89 said:

Kotori has two personalities depending of the color of the ribbons she wears.
Black = sadistic/tsundere.
White = imouto/cute.
Apr 1, 2013 5:04 AM

Oct 2010
It's meh.. I will probably watch all eps, just hoping it get better.
Apr 1, 2013 5:23 AM

Jul 2011
I like girls' eyes.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 1, 2013 6:06 AM

Mar 2013
Sairyuu69 said:
zakkun89 said:

Kotori has two personalities depending of the color of the ribbons she wears.
Black = sadistic/tsundere.
White = imouto/cute.

Ahhh,I didn't notice the ribbons the first time.
It seem to me like the black side is her real personality and the white side is just a facade though.I wonder if this is plot releated or just play for fun.

And this is just a wild guess but
Apr 1, 2013 6:31 AM

Jun 2012
zakkun89 said:

Apr 1, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2012
Kind of interesting setting but the characters aren't anything to write home about....
HybridMBLApr 1, 2013 7:16 AM
Apr 1, 2013 8:22 AM

Dec 2012
well, that was nothing special imo. i actually didn't really like this episode.
but i won't judge an anime by its first episode, so let's see where this is going.
Apr 1, 2013 8:37 AM

Jul 2008
I originally wasn't expecting much from this anime, but the "T-virus" part made me laugh and the science fiction based spacequakes made me intrigued for more. Definitely a step up from the stereotypical harem anime that I'm used to seeing, so I'll probably keep up with this show!
Apr 1, 2013 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode. The story has potential but I hope it doesn't turn into some type of cliche harem type anime.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 1, 2013 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
really enjoyed the first episode. lots of comedy that complemented the seriousness well. I decided to read the LN awhile ago and my thoughts on the character looks were met. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes
:(
Apr 1, 2013 9:49 AM

May 2010
What a random episode, from the Sister 180 Filp to the Funny Nurse that did the random fallout to the "Commander" being a M. will being watching this.

also that woke up and was like wtf? like he was in The Trueman Show. with his bubble being popped. haha

Also the girl in Purple love the way her eye were done such a sick color scheme.
Apr 1, 2013 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
There's a loli tsundere in the show? Instant gold!

Naw, but in all seriousness, this looks like it'll be funny. I would've liked it more if there was an explanation as to why the spacequakes occurs because of the Spirits, but still, I think it'll be funny and watchable.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Apr 1, 2013 11:10 AM

Jun 2011
I was expecting this to be bad but that was epic.
Didn't see any of that coming at all...
The ost is what did for me though-- the perfect accentuation!
I'm not one to notice the ost often, if ever so this deserves an impression in my book.
Apr 1, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2011
The sleepy teacher was awesome.

Looks pretty good all in all.
Apr 1, 2013 11:11 AM

Dec 2012
Woot it finally got adapted into an anime! C: Can't wait to see the next episode!!
Apr 1, 2013 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
They stayed pretty canon to the novel, only snipped out a few minor parts so I like it ^v^ Also, the seiyuus are doing great, I'm especially liking Shidou and Reine. The only problem I have is the pacing :/
Apr 1, 2013 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
As a LN reader i am a bit disappointed this episode felt rushed and some things where left out the background music was to happy and didn't make sense at all.
And some things felt cheap so to speak, plus some of the jokes where not used.
Also asking as a LN reader here who where those three girls that where talking about the main being a siscon?
Apr 1, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
Aversa said:
As a LN reader i am a bit disappointed this episode felt rushed and some things where left out the background music was to happy and didn't make sense at all.
Also asking as a LN reader here who where those three girls that where talking about the main being a siscon?
I know right? They skipped out on Tonomachi's awesome rankings! And also made him three times more gay.

Rushed anime is rushed. I feel like it'll end up with something similar to Hidan no Aria's adpation if this pace keeps up OTL
Apr 1, 2013 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
Aversa said:

The three girls you are referring to are the trio that appears in Vol. 3. Their names are Ai (blonde one), Mai (brunette one), and Mii (black hair with glasses). In the novel, they are referred to as the Ai•Mai•Mii trio and they befriend with
Apr 1, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
really dissapointed me..
Apr 1, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2013
Ok frist episode I suppose nothing really to get excited about, I give it a 3/5 will keep watching for now but not really expecting much.

Apr 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
it was a good start
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 1, 2013 2:04 PM
Jan 2011
Ok, so it looks like that this anime is following the manga's footsteps.
Apr 1, 2013 2:23 PM

Dec 2011
Girls with superpowers that causes spacequakes with a nice amount of ecchi and the main character saves the world by training with datings sims?

Just my kind of anime!!! Hahaha. Luckily it didnt have absurd long names especially for a light novel. Cant wait to see more!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
Decent start, but I am waiting to see more as they didn't go all out on the first episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 1, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
Muir said:
Aversa said:
I know right? They skipped out on Tonomachi's awesome rankings! And also made him three times more gay.

Rushed anime is rushed. I feel like it'll end up with something similar to Hidan no Aria's adpation if this pace keeps up OTL
I just have the feel that they want to adapt 4 volume to this. Unless they go with cliffhanger or anime original route.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 1, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2011
Interesting...I'll keep watching...so far the only thing I didnt like was the sisters personality change x.x
Apr 1, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
That was pretty awesome , love it so far .
Apr 1, 2013 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
meh this was okay. ill stay to see more red chicks tsundere side
Apr 1, 2013 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
Kotori is so freaking cute. I liked the animation and the fight between Tobiishi and Tohka was pretty intense
Apr 1, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2011
Dafuq did I just watched?!
Apr 1, 2013 5:25 PM

Mar 2012
ainky said:
Dafuq did I just watched?!
Another LN harem adaptation.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 1, 2013 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
Kinda meh... Now, to see if it improves...
Apr 1, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
Muir said:
Aversa said:

Tonomachi sounded really gay...
Apr 1, 2013 8:28 PM

Nov 2012
5596050 said:
Muir said:
Aversa said:

I know! XD He wasn't THIS gay sounding in the Light Novel, but they made him seem seriously gay for Shidou in this lol Also that seiyuu is not helping, he's really acting the part haha
Apr 1, 2013 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
Basically an infodump episode. The imouto was kinda cute, and I thought I might watch just for her, but it turns out she's actually an annoying bitch. -___-
Apr 1, 2013 10:01 PM
Mar 2011
the rabbit of the green hooded girl looks like Sam from Sam & Max
Apr 2, 2013 12:19 AM

Feb 2012
I loved the world only god knows, but this is just dogshit. Expectations shattered, I don't even know if I still wan to give it a chance, I can already see the ending. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2013 12:45 AM
Sep 2012
Pretty good. I LOL'd at Shidou pretending to be infected just to get his brocon sister out of his bed. That appearance of that spirit and the fight that took place was also pretty nice to watch and the girls are cute too. The part where his brocon sister suddenly turned into a tsudere in the ship was funny and I especially liked the ED. This is one show that I'll be following throughout the season.
Apr 2, 2013 1:59 AM
Aug 2011
Pacing wasn't good, and the characters are pretty generic. Overall it seems pretty standard and I doubt it will surprise me much. Though I think i'll stick with it cause the LN seems to be popular.
Apr 2, 2013 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
Muir said:
5596050 said:
Muir said:
Aversa said:

I know! XD He wasn't THIS gay sounding in the Light Novel, but they made him seem seriously gay for Shidou in this lol Also that seiyuu is not helping, he's really acting the part haha

If this keeps up, the DVD/BR sales might actually skyrocket haha, anyway hope it doesn't get butchered like Campione....
Apr 2, 2013 2:08 AM

Mar 2012
5596050 said:
Muir said:
5596050 said:
Muir said:
Aversa said:

If this keeps up, the DVD/BR sales might actually skyrocket haha, anyway hope it doesn't get butchered like Campione....
Campione was a let down with that pacing. Same with Hidan no Aria thought it was slower than Campione.
Apr 2, 2013 2:36 AM

Jan 2010
Was kinda meh for me. The plot and central characters seem pretty cliche for the most part. Hopefully I'll care about them when they get fleshed out some more.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 2, 2013 5:05 AM

Mar 2013
looks like a anime that'll range with a rating of 5 to 7 at most.
Apr 2, 2013 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
Akamitsu said:
Still waiting for a good quality version. The one out right now is pretty shitty.

i agree, i`m waiting for 720p with subs.
Apr 2, 2013 5:22 AM

Jan 2013
kinda bit dissapointed....i was expecting better even though its a typical action harem anime, hopre it gets better....
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

321 by BreakfastBowl »»
Mar 22, 6:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.