Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Being a manga and LN fan, I was definitely looking forward to this.

First episode was what I expected. Lol @ the beginning, dat imouto. The art designs were okay I guess. Looks a bit generic. Origami Tobiichi was portrayed in the way I expected her to be in the classroom.

Their teacher is kinda funny. Ya, the action was done this episode and surprise surprise, Tobiichi is a ...

Yup, not too shabby for me so far. I also laughed @ the ED song.
Mar 30, 2013 8:32 AM

Jul 2010
Seems to have a good balance of serious as well as comedy. I think I will enjoy this.
Mar 30, 2013 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
I've been a fan of Date A Live light novel, and I loved it. They did very well animate the first episode. Too bad the manga discontinued. I hope it will follow the light novel correctly.

When the disaster "Spacequake" occurred , Shidou left the school in order to save his sister Kotori while others in safe zone area. After that Shidou met a strange girl in mecha purple suit that known as the species "Spirits." which is a dangerous existence. Origami and her team "AST" came to fight the mysterious girl.

In the airship "Fraxinus", I loved how Kannazuki got owned by Kotori. Shidou was shocked how his sister Kotori got her personality changed all of sudden.

I lol so hard at the ending song.
LunaMar 30, 2013 1:02 PM
Mar 30, 2013 10:36 AM

Nov 2008
Kotori went from cute, hyperactive and desirable little sister to sadistic and sexy and Kyouhei is an M who loves her punishment, good god that was unexpected.

Touka vs Origami fight was pretty good

Tamae is a mess and a half.

Mar 30, 2013 1:05 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.
Removed all posts that were asking/discussing where/how to watch this episode and other off-topic posts. Please read the Anime Series Discussion Rules and only post if you have something to contribute to the actual episode discussion (i.e., not only "Can't wait to watch this" and similar posts). Thanks.
Mar 30, 2013 1:33 PM

Mar 2013
Excellent start. I am a reader of the light novels, one of my favorites. Hopefully they will continue to do a good job with it. Tooka is too cute, I am waiting for her dere lines... ED is awesome!
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Mar 30, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
awsome episode and i laughed so hard when shidou scared the crud out of kotori and also the ending omgg so funny.
Mar 30, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
Stark700 said:
The art designs were okay I guess. Looks a bit generic. Origami Tobiichi was portrayed in the way I expected her to be in the classroom.

As a fan of Tsunako's art, I found the character designs astounding. I'm aware she didn't do the anime characters but the original designs were hers.

Only briefly watched raws of Ep1. Enjoyed what I saw, will wait for subs. /need better quality video for a certain gif.
Mar 30, 2013 5:01 PM

Mar 2012
Hoppy said:
Kotori went from cute, hyperactive and desirable little sister to sadistic and sexy and Kyouhei is an M who loves her punishment, good god that was unexpected.

Touka vs Origami fight was pretty good

Tamae is a mess and a half.

right? the sis change was like holy crap.

the main character is quite cool, I look forward to watching this
Mar 30, 2013 5:58 PM
Sep 2012
Just found a raw to watch because I couldn't wait any longer. That'is one of my favorites LN.

Awesome imouto scene at the beginning, so cute and funny, exactly what I wanted to see.

ED was fun too (is that really an ED ? That's quite unexpected but still enjoyable).

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 30, 2013 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
That lolicon vice comander surprisingly ikemen not like my imagination. Looking forward for more Tobiichi and Kurumi later.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 31, 2013 8:20 AM
Jul 2012
Paul said:
/need better quality video for a certain gif.

so the nico really is subpar quality? (was another show RDG i think) that aired with that first, will it be similar, airing on this nico thing 2-3 weeks ahead of the normal tv airings the subbers use?

hm, answered my own question, tho not as bad as RDG, only a week difference

The anime premiered on March 30, 2013 on Niconico, while on TV, it premiered on April 6, 2013 on Tokyo MX.
Mar 31, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2012
Great start. I'm reading the LN, so I've been looking forward to this. I quite like the art style
Mar 31, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2012
Paul said:

Only briefly watched raws of Ep1. Enjoyed what I saw, will wait for subs. /need better quality video for a certain gif.

Same here. Got tired of waiting, watched the raw. Was amazed. Chars look very good and the action scene was very good too.
I see you have the same idea i do about making some gifs.
This looks to be a very good series.
Mar 31, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
Hito420 said:
Paul said:
/need better quality video for a certain gif.

so the nico really is subpar quality? (was another show RDG i think) that aired with that first, will it be similar, airing on this nico thing 2-3 weeks ahead of the normal tv airings the subbers use?

hm, answered my own question, tho not as bad as RDG, only a week difference

The anime premiered on March 30, 2013 on Niconico, while on TV, it premiered on April 6, 2013 on Tokyo MX.

The Nico one I found kept changing in quality, I think the rip was bad or something, it kept going from good quality then randomly into bad quality/blur/slight mosaic/etc which started bugging me.

For example, keeps jumping from this

to this

Video is also off sync with audio but not a problem if you know how to fix that.
Mar 31, 2013 4:54 PM

Apr 2010
I think this might be the anime I'm most excited for this season. First episode was great and I can't wait for more. It reminds me a lot of Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai.
Mar 31, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
Elita_Again said:
I think this might be the anime I'm most excited for this season. First episode was great and I can't wait for more. It reminds me a lot of Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai.
Thought Kotori skill cannot be compared to Keima.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 31, 2013 5:00 PM

Apr 2010
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah Kotori really did strike me as a plain harem protagonist, complete with his super generic best friend character. Hopefully he will become more likable.
Mar 31, 2013 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
Elita_Again said:
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah Kotori really did strike me as a plain harem protagonist, complete with his super generic best friend character. Hopefully he will become more likable.
You know Kotori is his sister the player here. MC name is Shidou.
Mar 31, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2012
I am still trying to comprehed this episode, but words are failing me.
The best option should be forgetting everything and then reboot. Otherwise I may take some damage.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 31, 2013 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
Kyube said:
The best option should be forgetting everything and then reboot. Otherwise I may take some damage.
You might as well wait for it to get subbed with better quality.
Mar 31, 2013 5:08 PM

May 2010
still watching..the evacuation part instantly reminded me on neon genesis evangelion
Mar 31, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Kyube said:

It is already subbed and the quality isn't bad. I am trying to bring some sense into this introduction episode.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 31, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
Kyube said:
NeoAnkara said:
Kyube said:

It is already subbed and the quality isn't bad. I am trying to bring some sense into this introduction episode.
I just get the impresion that it still raw. Well it's natural to be confused since it was an info dump this episode.
Mar 31, 2013 5:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:

I lol so hard at the ending song.

I definitely wasn't expecting that XD Is that really going to be the ED "song?"

Hmm, interesting first episode. I haven't read the LN so I don't really know what this is about, but I love the animation and the action scenes were entertaining to watch. I also wasn't expecting Kotori to change personalities like that o_O definitely a surprise.
Mar 31, 2013 5:30 PM

May 2010
episode was pretty ok (i had zero expectations)..atleast right until shidou was about to get conscious. so its basicly TWGOK with tons of panty shots and lots of action but with less likeable characters ..atleast for me sofar (tho im loving Reine already <3).

the music felt really off in the second half tho..the animation is alrite..nothing special but good enough.
will keep watching.
3/5
Mar 31, 2013 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
Well Kotori being the commander was unexpected, she gets a total haul of personality when shes commandering,a cool little action scene and now Shido gets the run down of his task in being the next Keima, kind of. I liked the sci-fi aspects of the setting of the story and other than watching the fighting clips and expecting some action i think i will like this one.
Mar 31, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2012
Haven't read any of the light novels or manga but i like the art and the premise of this seems pretty ok but unoriginal, hopefully it turns into something enjoyable.

Mar 31, 2013 5:58 PM
Oct 2010
LOL @ kyouhei being M. loli sister had me hooked right @ the beginning. too much pantsu. so hes gonna have to conquer the spirit? lo wut
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 31, 2013 6:01 PM

Dec 2011
Kotori... maybe it's just me but..................... I already don't like her. And that Tobiichi girl or whatever her name is.

But the Spirit girl......... she's someone I'm interested in. Maybe it's one of those stories where the main guy learns about all that stuff and the Spirit is the bad guy and his friends are trying to save humanity but it's actually the other way around. As in the Spirit ins't actually the bad guy. She/they are trying to save the world and the Anti-Spirit people are preventing her/them from doing so.

I dunno... I just got that feel...
Mar 31, 2013 6:02 PM

Dec 2011
It barely started and i already hate his sister... oh well who cares as long as it looks interesting to draw my attention from her.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Mar 31, 2013 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
BTW Kotori won't change.
Mar 31, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2011
i cant w8 to see more episodes of this!!!
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 31, 2013 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
It's alright.
A great premise though, I can't wait to find out what happens next.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Mar 31, 2013 6:20 PM

Feb 2013
I've been waiting for this anime to air for a couple of months now and I'm very much looking forward to how it unravels. The first episode was good for my preference.
Mar 31, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2012
Felt a little rushed towards the end where they were telling him about what they do, the manga did not seem as rushed. Also I read that the manga was canceled which is too bad because it was good. At least there is a anime though.

5/5
Just what I expected, which is good.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 31, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2011
Kotori annoys me. A lot. A LOT.

But I do like Shido and his best friend. XDDD Touka seems like a nice person, and Origami seems pretty nice as well.

I like Kyouhei or whatever his name was as well. And Reine or whatever.

Basically, all the characters except Kotori.
Mar 31, 2013 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
Setup seems great and to the point as expected. Awesome first episode.
Mar 31, 2013 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
Didn't like the subs and the quality... But it's the pre-air, so alright... But the anime itself is EPIC!
Mar 31, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2012
lol, what did i just watch xD
lookin forward to the rest of this one
Mar 31, 2013 7:05 PM

May 2012
I have only read the few manga chapters they made so I basically knew what to expect at the beggining. I would like to say that if you are confused, give it one more episode and it should make more sense xD
Mar 31, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
FrostMonarch said:
lol, what did i just watch xD
lookin forward to the rest of this one
Another harem LN adaptation.
Mar 31, 2013 7:13 PM

Feb 2012
Imo great opening episode, I'm really looking forward to this one, if they can keep it up like this, it will be great.
Mar 31, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
it came out
I didn't quite understand but I got it while watching it
This seems promising
Mar 31, 2013 7:46 PM

Feb 2012
Well talk about a personality flop from the imouto at home vs at work i you could call it that i'd be like umm i don't know you bye!
Mar 31, 2013 8:19 PM

Mar 2013
5/5 Loved it!, Kotori extreme dere and tsun mode, I hope the anime isn't too rush.
Mar 31, 2013 8:27 PM
Jan 2013
This started out all sorts of sideways...
Mar 31, 2013 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
IceBurnChaos said:
Wait for next episode for more info.
Mar 31, 2013 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
IceBurnChaos said:

As someone whose read the LN and Manga I agree that someone who has no prior knowledge of this show will be a little confused, the LN also started out a bit rushed, but its going to start to smooth out and become clearer
Mar 31, 2013 8:32 PM

Mar 2012
iOwnATfailing said:
IceBurnChaos said:

As someone whose read the LN and Manga I agree that someone who has no prior knowledge of this show will be a little confused, the LN also started out a bit rushed, but its going to start to smooth out and become clearer
Have you read all volume 4?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

283 by Behzadtv »»
Apr 14, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

321 by BreakfastBowl »»
Mar 22, 6:16 AM

» Is this cartoon going to disappoint me ( 1 2 )

weeaboo5008 - Jan 29

56 by athanm »»
Mar 11, 4:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.