Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 11:07 AM

Mar 2012
This was a good way for the series to cut it at season 1. Being that there's so much more material left and that it's been fairly popular, I would bet on a season 2.

Just looking at this last episode though, it's pretty clear that it will come down to Masuzu and Chiwa. Himeka and Ai are the entertaining characters, but the emotional content of Chiwa's confession at the end was much stronger than anything else. Overall, I think they could've done a far better job by cutting down the amount of content they were trying to animate in 13 episodes. Sure, 4 volumes in 13 episodes isn't out of step with the norm, but I think the emotional development of the characters is actually not as fleshed out as it could've been, and it's a shame because sometimes there's the potential for it to be decent and at the end it was just okay. Looking forward to a better season 2.
Mar 30, 2013 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
Masuzu and A-chan was the best part of the anime imo.
7/10

Masuzu> Ai> Hime>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chiwa
Mar 30, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
Harem ending is totally, for the LNs are ongoing. Although they could have ended this with Masuzu, but they didn't meaning perhaps, just perhaps, the Japanese are buying enough frisbees for a second season?

EDIT: This guy beat me to it.
tezann_t said:
This was a good way for the series to cut it at season 1. Being that there's so much more material left and that it's been fairly popular, I would bet on a season 2.

I have not found a comedy anime which had engaged me so much (subjective of course), ever since OreImo at the end of 2010. Very highly entertaining. Plot messed up but hey, it was enjoyable. Surely we do not want to become a miserable, self-proclaimed "elitist" who has forgotten that "free time" is best spent enjoying oneself right?

Personal scale 6/10, MAL-adjusted scale, 8/10.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Mar 30, 2013 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
I knew this was a going to happen lol. although it bending slightly towards masuzu i knew a harem ending was gnna come. either way, DONT GIVE UP FUYUUMI! pink all day errrrrrday :D
Mar 30, 2013 11:22 AM

Oct 2011
Very average rom-com overall, but I can't deny that it is usually enjoyable to watch.

5/10

Mar 30, 2013 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
Well, it's over. Other than Haganai and Chihayafuru, this was the only show that I really looked forward to each week.

It was a strange mix of awkwardness and humour that I enjoyed a lot. Of the lot, Masuzu was my favourite. She's smart and complex and while she didn't start out particularly nice, started becoming so despite her best efforts.

Ai-chan possesses a unique craziness that makes her pretty charming. Although I found her irritating at the beginning, her seamless switching between Tsunko/Dereko won me over.

Poor Hime-chan was mostly filler. And since she seemed to mostly lack a personality, I couldn't help but feel that her bikini figure was a sop to encourage people to give her a second chance. Having said that, her "I'll deal with that confusion later." line makes me laugh out loud. It was brilliant.

Haven't been a huge fan of Chiwa. But she needed to be in the show. While she isn't as smart as Masuzu, nor able to make men weep with desire upon sight, she combined a certain combativeness, decency, and genuineness that continually confounded Masuzu. She also probably contributed a great deal to Masuzu's growth in forcing her to deal with someone unlike anyone she knew. I thought her seiyuu was really good, which was important since Yukarin is a force of nature. Glad to see her get such a good major role after her performance as Nibutani.

I think that Masuzu will continue to torment and tease Eita and the rest of the club, while the other girls will refuse to concede. I could see a second season of this.

p.s. What happened to poor Kaoru? Ever forgotten, even to the last.
Mar 30, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
Yes, Haren ending.
Gonna miss HIme and Ai chan.
Mar 30, 2013 11:28 AM

Nov 2012
Great show! Very entertaining! 8/10

I love the fact that he chose Masuzu but the show leaves things a bit open ended for a second season! Huraah! Ai-chan is made of pure win btw! Although I might be rooting for Masuzu for the sexy "melons" :P
Mar 30, 2013 11:43 AM
Oct 2010
This was one of the shows I enjoyed the most this season.

Though I guess you have to watch it in the proper mood, I can't help but LOL at those here taking it too seriously.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 30, 2013 11:44 AM
Sep 2009
Thought it was going to ultimately end with Masuzu, but then they pulled the harem ending. Despite everything, I still like Masuzu the best. Overall great series with really comedic moments. 8/10
Mar 30, 2013 11:50 AM

May 2011
...dammit, no one lost?

Chiwa: My favorite. Great loli body, seiyuu, and the most fun imo.
Masuzu: Second to least favorite by default. Shitty personality is right. She deserves nothing.
Ai: Went from generic childish tsundere to... a funny parody of tsundere. If Chiwa wasn't there, she probably would be my favorite.
Hime: Sucks. Her excuse for liking Eita still baffles me.f
Eita: For that dickhead move by kissing Masuzu in front of everyone, he's on a lower level than Yuuki Rito from To Love-Ru imo.

It was entertaining, but I can't say I was exactly happy with the turnout. 6/10, a bit above average enjoyment.
Mar 30, 2013 12:03 PM

May 2009
Well at least Ai has her own spin-off manga where she will win.
Mar 30, 2013 12:03 PM

May 2012
This is Shit hahaha.. i need to avoid RomCom Harem next season, its too late for me to realize that this is harem since i got attached to masuzu..

5/10

Mar 30, 2013 12:06 PM
Dec 2010
Great anime! 8/10

Now i want a second season!

My favorite girl of the show is Ai, second Masuzu, third Chiwa and last Hime (i hate her).
Mar 30, 2013 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
Obvious season 2 is obvious.
Mar 30, 2013 12:18 PM

Oct 2012
Can someone explain to me why Chiwa said "come back in 9 years"?

Mar 30, 2013 12:21 PM

Jan 2012
The conversation between Eita had with Hime about his "memories" was priceless.
Mar 30, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2012
Takei_Hisa said:

I was about to ask this as well :)
Except of that aspect, which I did not understand, I really like this anime :)
Mar 30, 2013 12:32 PM
Dec 2010
Flagli said:
Takei_Hisa said:

Maybe a second season explain it.
Mar 30, 2013 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
Flagli said:
Takei_Hisa said:

I guess it has something to do with the fact that Chiwa has been friends with Eita for 9 years or something... Maybe she humorously asked Masuzu if she could come back in another 9 years, maybe giving her enough time to actually make Eita hers at last :P
Mar 30, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
Flagli said:
Takei_Hisa said:

I'm guessing for her body to develop, cuz shse all loli =/

Anyway am I the only one that got the Usagi Drop reference (Rin was the girl that won the contest). I was always rooting for Masazu (aka white haired Senjougahara), I was pretty disappointed with Eita for not being able to break it off with the other girls. It was pretty hilarious to watch him fail though. Although it started off pretty good at start I can't help but feel a little disappointed with this. 5/10

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 30, 2013 12:38 PM
Sep 2012
Cliched all the way. Didn't expect Masuzu to confess right away. I thought that she'd try and pull it off a bit before giving half way through. Himeka's confession was priceless and her reaction to Eita being villager #1 was so funny. I felt so sorry for Chiwa when she talked about what happened to her after she saw Eita's confession.

A hit and miss show for me. I gave this a 5/10.

Those kisses. :3
IconicMar 31, 2013 8:28 PM
Mar 30, 2013 12:38 PM

Feb 2011
Huge opening for second season . Really liked the series . 8/10
Mar 30, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
Well Eita, hope you know what you've gotten yourself into now...

On other note:

Haha, is that Emiya, Shirou and Matou, Sakura hiding in the background?
Mar 30, 2013 12:45 PM

May 2012
it was meh, enjoyed most of the series, but this episode was a slight let down, glad he winded up with masuzu, but the kiss with chiwa was kinda annoying... and then it looked like he was gonna try to kiss her back... -_- it looked like he was gonna grab her side you know?.....but still, 8/10 probably with my very lenient rating system :p but yeah...
Mar 30, 2013 12:48 PM
Jan 2013
nice guys finish last my ass

eita tries to be nice and get the other 3 to move on and they end up loving him more

that means he got so much luck with girls it over flowing or he got the worst luck when it comes to attracting trouble.
Mar 30, 2013 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
8.5/10
This episode was awesome. I liked all the kisses and love confessions, almost too much to handle. No matter how unrealistic it was.
Way better than the ending of Haganai NEXT.

Maybe I'm watching the wrong harems, but I can't remember one where all the girls were so open and direct with their love and the male lead confesses to one, directly and assertively kissing her.
RediceRyanMar 30, 2013 1:06 PM
Mar 30, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2009
All Ai fanboys could just take her for themselves so she won't get close to Eita. All in all 8/10 for me. It has some good points but in total it still was your generic harem and I tired of them.
Mar 30, 2013 12:56 PM

Feb 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
All Ai fanboys could just take her for themselves so she won't get close to Eita. All in all 8/10 for me. It has some good points but in total it still was your generic harem and I tired of them.
You're tired of generic harems yet still gave it an 8/10?

D:
Mar 30, 2013 1:00 PM

Jul 2012
Yvese said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

D:

For him 8/10 is decent iirc
Mar 30, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
WTF? He picked someone and it still turned into a harem ending... I guess Masuzu just became his bottom bitch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2013 1:08 PM

May 2012
Takei_Hisa said:

its a declaration of war.. loli wants to fight her love lols

Mar 30, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
> You're tired of generic harems yet still gave it an 8/10?

For me 8 means "it was totally average show but I finished it and enjoyed it somehow"

Problems. Everyone grade the titles as he wants
Mar 30, 2013 1:15 PM

Feb 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Yvese said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

D:

For him 8/10 is decent iirc
I see. Meh, I wont pry any further.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
> You're tired of generic harems yet still gave it an 8/10?

For me 8 means "it was totally average show but I finished it and enjoyed it somehow"

Problems. Everyone grade the titles as he wants
True, you can rate however you want. Carry on :)
Mar 30, 2013 1:18 PM
Dec 2012
well the show was OK I guess 7/10 for me
but something is bothering me who actually won ORANGE or SILVER?

well thats my romance anime for this season
until next week I guess cant wait for Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai's 2nd Season (And yes this is another anime with a ridiculously long title) and the week after that with Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (I heard the manga and novel are enjoyable) two more romance animes
Mar 30, 2013 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
LOOOL. dat pink hair girl.
well cant be mad with the ending.
strong harem route.

8/10 for being enjoyable. was it 'very good'? not really. but a 7 ('good') doesnt feel right either.
Mar 30, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
Shadowfax14 said:
Flagli said:
Takei_Hisa said:

I guess it has something to do with the fact that Chiwa has been friends with Eita for 9 years or something... Maybe she humorously asked Masuzu if she could come back in another 9 years, maybe giving her enough time to actually make Eita hers at last :P

they're still high school students.
assuming they're like 16, 9 years from now puts them at around 25-26, which is usually when people get serious about relationships and start to find the right one and settle down by 28-30.

so basically she think she can win when she's older/more mature and when it'll actually matter
Mar 30, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2011
After some questions in my last post and some more thinking about this, I conclude:
It's probably my favorite or one of my favorite romantic comedys I've watched yet. I would love to rate it 9 but it's not quite there. I WOULD HAVE if it would have had a proper ending, I was even fine with him choosing Masuzu.
BUT I also have to be thankful because it means there will probably a second season. YES!
So still, 8/10 and in my "offline-rating" a 8.5/10
Now I have to wait AGAIN until MAL decides that this Anime finished airing! XD
Mar 30, 2013 1:39 PM

May 2009
Ai get most fun animation again
Mar 30, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2011
At first, I was kind of satisfied thinking it'd be a Masuzu end - even though I like Ai the most, ending with Masuzu made the most sense. But then they had to just undo everything and get to square one... oh well, Ai got her "stamp", so I'm happy. :D
Mar 30, 2013 1:41 PM

Apr 2010
3/10

I could barely stand this show to completion. Just another harem with annoying girls.
AkamitsuMar 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Mar 30, 2013 1:45 PM
Aug 2011
How can people say its a harem end if Silver clearly won?
Delusional Shipperfags.....

Oh well, 6/10
A somewhat enjoyable harem, with a decent MC and Masuzu being better than common cardboard cutout heroines for anime like these. Very enjoyable, nice art, some moments were funny, some cringeworth, and some just fuck-this-shit bad.
Mar 30, 2013 1:54 PM

Aug 2011
Masuzu was the best. Idk, Ai-chan annoyed me a lot, but I still liked her. Hime was cute, but seemed like an extra. My two favourites were Masuzu and Chiwa though.

As for the best character in the series, it was Kaoru.

6/10 because I liked it, but it was annoying at times.
Mar 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
As soon as he tried the "Villager A" gambit and he failed I knew we would be into the battlefield harem ending. I think the way it worked out with Hime and Ai having the comedy and Chiwa and Masuza having the more romantic final scenes is an accurate reflection of who the real competition is between. I'm hoping that in the 2nd season we'll get a bit more of Masuza's backstory, although her confession on stage was pretty intense (for a fluffy harem show). I looked forward to this, and when I had a backload of shows waiting to be watched, this was usually one of the first ones I clicked on. Cheery OST, nice character designs, some good comedy, a troll aunt, good entertainment value for what it cost (on CR), so I'll be happy to give it an 8 and hope for a second season. (Looks like final rating on MAL will be in the high 7's, so basicaly an average show).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 30, 2013 2:12 PM

Dec 2011
Perfect Harem Ending Unlocked! Nice ending, rly enjoy this series
Pink was the best indeed (but..i-it's not like i am a an A-chan supporter or anything baka! I'm going to run for a bit *runs*)
Too lazy to actually write something. Wait.. I did. Damn
Mar 30, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
Was expecting something from what i saw in the manga but the anime turns out to be a bit of a disappointment.
The story sounded interesting at first but it's just another harem in the end it did have a interesting character tho Fuuyumi was great definitely the best girl in this anime.
Other then that typical harem ending as open as it can be.
Mar 30, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
Something I kinda felt uncomfortable about - and yet liked for the very same reason - was the fact that this show really emphasized that harem endings never work out, and that a lot of hearts are broken if the protagonist in these kinds of situations chooses one girl.

Personally, I liked Chiwa and Masuzu equally, and am really glad they emphasized the two as the main rivals. But it's really tough to be in love with one person and to know them for so long, only to have nothing come out of it; this was a problem present with both Ai and Chiwa. So my ideal ending would have been for Masuzu to give up on Eita voluntarily - having gathered a number of important life lessons from both him and the club - and for Eita to start dating Chiwa. But there's still a way to go for the LN, so not giving up my hopes yet :)

All in all, I really enjoyed this series. It didn't have the best plot, but there was a decent bit of character development and enough tearjerking scenes to last me for a while.
GenomaxMar 30, 2013 2:24 PM
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Mar 30, 2013 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
Wow Mazsuzu won but we get a Harem ending. Weird but I engoyed this series a 9/10 for me.
Mar 30, 2013 2:32 PM

Jun 2009
Can't say this wasn't fun to watch.

Knew it right away that Eita is gonna end up stamping the certificate for Ai somehow after he failed with Hime. But blood stain? D:

Not gonna cry over what has resolved or not. This is a harem anime so it was expected that this sorta ending was coming.

Could have done better with each character's development though.. especially hime.

7.5/10

PS: Personally I liked Chiwa. Loli completely aside, her personality appeared the most mature out of all the girls to begin with, and I liked her dedication towards Eita since the first few episodes
CakeyAliceMar 30, 2013 2:43 PM
Mar 30, 2013 2:37 PM
Jul 2012
this anime was very fun to watch, i want more.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

167 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.