Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 7:06 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I look at the factory ship, the heroine and the sky the glider the sea the more I get that Miyazaki feel.

Anyway, the reliance of Chambers the robot for translation is a smart plot device. It basically restricts the amount of communication between the MC and all the other people, and forces each side to learn about each other only in piecemeal and limited manner. It also allows a bit of humor -- see how it describes a dried fish as a "corpse of a marine creature" lol. I especially enjoy that scene, which I find quite funny, and so is the scene when Amy learns that there is really nobody inside Chambers (though I can understand why all the adults still find it hard to believe).

The folk tale of people leaving for the universe and coming back mentioned by Amy's bed-ridden brother may have some indication for later story?

And the horn-shaped object -- a symbol of Ledo's humanness? He is supposed to be trained very well as a soldier and has only been working as one. But perhaps his doing all this laser sculpturing of it indicates that he is not really that thoroughly a soldier after all?

The idea of the "Galaxy Way" about electricity generation by marine microorganism is interesting. This kind of forces the fleets to keep traveling like some nomad. Though I have a feeling that this may also serve as some plot device for the story later.

And we (and the people on the ships) get to see the reality of what Ledo and Chamber is about. They may think they look unworldly and advanced, but to see how it manages to destroy a whole pirate fleet as well as picking and evaporating individual bodies without harming the people standing beside, it must have been not only awesome but actually terrifying. The robot can be so overwhelmingly deadly and powerful.

And the pirates ripping off the clothes of a female crew... no, we only see her back.. I guess even though the screenplay writer and the character design are both from the adult field (one VN one manga) we may not get to see much of nude scene here...

symbvMar 30, 2013 7:13 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 30, 2013 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
Woah, don't mess with Red and Mecha Sugita. Together, they kicked those pirate asses like it was nothing.
Mar 31, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2009
symbv said:
And the pirates ripping off the clothes of a female crew... no, we only see her back.. I guess even though the screenplay writer and the character design are both from the adult field (one VN one manga) we may not get to see much of nude scene here..

I kinda think that the episodes given away for free are just the T.V. versions put on a disc.
nothing956Mar 31, 2013 4:13 AM
Mar 31, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2009
symbv said:
And the pirates ripping off the clothes of a female crew... no, we only see her back.. I guess even though the screenplay writer and the character design are both from the adult field (one VN one manga) we may not get to see much of nude scene here..

It's Urobutcher's first "healing" anime. Obviously there won't be nudity.
Mar 31, 2013 8:11 AM
Sep 2011
Yeah right like I believe that this is going to be Urobuchi's first light hearted series.

Don't let him fool you!

I know exactly what's about to happen.

The war will come to Earth and that's where the series will get darker like all the other shows by Urobuchi...
Apr 1, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
The base looks like Rivet city and the cool weapon looks like Alien Blaster
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 4, 2013 7:40 AM
Sep 2011
Was it just me or is the ending of this episode was very disturbing (and I'm sure the other characters will be very afraid from Red from now on)...
Apr 6, 2013 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
deave112 said:
Yeah right like I believe that this is going to be Urobuchi's first light hearted series.

Don't let him fool you!

The war will come to Earth and that's where the series will get darker like all the other shows by Urobuchi...

I really, really hope this gets the Urobuchi dark treatment. Otherwise this just kindov seems boring, like it's not really gonna go anywhere deep, and that the MC is gonna be fucking OP untouchable (a cliche I can't take anymore). If the war actually came to earth I think that could bring just the kind of moments we're used to from Urobuchi.
Apr 6, 2013 9:20 PM

Jun 2011
Really like this episode for whatever season. =P

I find the way that the mecha flys very interesting. I think it changes the gravity around it in order to fly. Find this pretty cool after seeing too maybe Gundam like mechas.

symbv said:
It also allows a bit of humor -- see how it describes a dried fish as a "corpse of a marine creature" lol. I especially enjoy that scene, which I find quite funny...

I also found this funny. It looks like he never eat a dead fish. w

deave112 said:

Don't let him fool you!

No no, you mean a girl is going to die, and you know it!
Apr 7, 2013 11:47 AM

Aug 2011
Definitely anime that was worth of waiting.

Episode 2 continues with the stunning storyline and awesome graphics.

Apr 7, 2013 12:21 PM

Feb 2008
Huh? Where did you watch this episode 2?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 7, 2013 12:24 PM
Aug 2012
Blackbird said:

Came out early on blu-ray.

Wait untill next week for the subs.
Apr 7, 2013 12:40 PM

Mar 2013
Is episode 2 on the internet with subs yet? I really love Urobuchi's work, and loved the first episode!
Apr 7, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
Dessiato said:
Blackbird said:

If there's already a BD rip online why won't any group sub it?
Apr 7, 2013 12:52 PM
Mar 2013
where can i watch episode 2
im liking this anime
Apr 7, 2013 2:41 PM

Aug 2011
Some more scenes from the second episode..

Apr 7, 2013 2:54 PM
Apr 2013
Dizzee said:

There's one group I've found whom are doing subs, from what I've seen though they've been unable to get their hands on the other episode. So if someone knows... utw...me...
Apr 7, 2013 4:11 PM
Oct 2012
You can torrent episode 2 on nyaa.eu, it's by Free-Lance, but unforunately it's raw...
Apr 7, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2010
The torrent on Nyaa.eu has disappeared/doesn't exist but you can find it here; -

Removed the link, it doesn't work anymore, sorry
Animefanx3Apr 8, 2013 9:43 AM
Apr 7, 2013 5:25 PM
Jan 2013
now then it will take 2 weeks for episode 3? T_T (ep 2 was cool)
Apr 7, 2013 5:33 PM
May 2012
where did u watch epi 2 from?
Apr 7, 2013 5:46 PM
Jan 2013
moe_bloushi said:
where did u watch epi 2 from?

I downloaded the episode when it still exists in nyaa, plus the guy put the download link on the first page
Apr 8, 2013 1:50 AM

Feb 2008
I was asking where to watch this, not for sub it. Beside I don't need sub to watch this. :)

Dizzee said:
Dessiato said:
Blackbird said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 8, 2013 1:52 AM

Feb 2008
[Freelance-Raws] Suisei no Gargantia - 02 (1280x720 H .264 AAC) .mp4

The torrent you are looking for does not appear to be in the database.

Please reupload it lol

Apr 8, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2009
nothing956 said:
symbv said:

I kinda think that the episodes given away for free are just the T.V. versions put on a disc.

After comparing the run time for both versions I'm now positive this is what happened.
Apr 8, 2013 3:00 AM

May 2011
Animefanx3 said:
The torrent on Nyaa.eu has disappeared/doesn't exist but you can find it here; http://tokyo-tosho.net/details.php?id=641692

If you magnet link the hashtag and let your torrent client search it you'll get the file. I don't understand all the secrecy over this.
Apr 8, 2013 3:19 AM
Feb 2013
ameki said:
You can watch it streaming here: http://www.wat.tv/video/gargantia-02-61tbn_2hd7n_.html

That link didn't work at all. It just gets you to the generic anime site, and when searching there for the 02 episode, it doesn't find anything.

Can anyone else give me a link to a working streaming site where I can watch the 02 episode?
Apr 8, 2013 6:46 AM

Feb 2008
Me neither but thanks.

Cirris said:
Animefanx3 said:
The torrent on Nyaa.eu has disappeared/doesn't exist but you can find it here; http://tokyo-tosho.net/details.php?id=641692

If you magnet link the hashtag and let your torrent client search it you'll get the file. I don't understand all the secrecy over this.

Apr 8, 2013 8:47 AM
May 2012
Animefanx3 said:

Sigh, it's RAW :(

So for the eng subs, have to wait until next week? :(
Apr 8, 2013 9:03 AM
Apr 2013
I'm currently subbing the freelance version myself, does anyone know how I could distribute the subs?

I would upload to nyaa but for some reason I think ep 2 is a no go for them, anyone know why?

Also, if anyone know what the translation for jumboro (this is what Amy etc calls the mecha), tell me :)
Apr 8, 2013 9:40 AM

Jul 2010
Blackbird said:
Me neither but thanks.

Cirris said:
Animefanx3 said:

Secrecy? I don't know what you're talking about but I do know the link doesn't work anymore. I haven't downloaded the file myself/checked it for a while so I'm sorry if I got someone's hope up. And I also don't know what magnet linking/hashtagging is but if it works then it's good :)

Anyway I just found another link, I don't know if it still works but it did for me so please don't get mad if it won't work for you. I'm just trying to help people to get the torrents, they're not mine so I can't guarantee if they're working after I found them myself. The link:
Apr 8, 2013 10:24 AM
May 2012
Animefanx3 said:
Blackbird said:
Me neither but thanks.

Cirris said:
Animefanx3 said:

Secrecy? I don't know what you're talking about but I do know the link doesn't work anymore. I haven't downloaded the file myself/checked it for a while so I'm sorry if I got someone's hope up. And I also don't know what magnet linking/hashtagging is but if it works then it's good :)

Anyway I just found another link, I don't know if it still works but it did for me so please don't get mad if it won't work for you. I'm just trying to help people to get the torrents, they're not mine so I can't guarantee if they're working after I found them myself. The link:

Downloaded it already. It's Chinese subs unfortunately :(
Apr 8, 2013 11:04 AM
Sep 2011
Elite60 said:
Woah, don't mess with Red and Mecha Sugita. Together, they kicked those pirate asses like it was nothing.

Wow, that's just goes to show you.

Yes, at first sight Red does seems like a bad-ass at the end of this episode. The ending doesn't play like a dark and disturbing ending, BUT that's exactly what it was.

Think again what happened there. Amy wanted Red to just make the pirates to go away but he outright, cold bloodedly murdered all of them. And the WAY he did it was also horrifying when you really think about it.

You can also see the reaction of the other characters to what Red did at the end and I'm sure they are going to be very afraid of him from now on...
Apr 8, 2013 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
deave112 said:
Think again what happened there. Amy wanted Red to just make the pirates to go away but he outright, cold bloodedly murdered all of them. And the WAY he did it was also horrifying when you really think about it.
You can also see the reaction of the other characters to what Red did at the end and I'm sure they are going to be very afraid of him from now on...
And I believe this is the whole point. Those people could never ever in their dream imagine the robot could be THIS powerful. I mean, it can attack multiple targets in precise manner, and down to the level of individual humans (so the pirate standing next to you is vaporized but not you), in a matter of seconds. But this is what Ledo understands as "combat". He is asked to fight and that is the way he fights - by killing as thoroughly as possible and as fast as possible. I am interested to see how this gap of understanding gets reconciled in the next episode. Will we see more cases of gaps of understanding and communication?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 11:35 AM
Sep 2011
symbv said:
deave112 said:
And I believe this is the whole point. Those people could never ever in their dream imagine the robot could be THIS powerful. I mean, it can attack multiple targets in precise manner, and down to the level of individual humans (so the pirate standing next to you is vaporized but not you), in a matter of seconds. But this is what Ledo understands as "combat". He is asked to fight and that is the way he fights - by killing as thoroughly as possible and as fast as possible. I am interested to see how this gap of understanding gets reconciled in the next episode. Will we see more cases of gaps of understanding and communication?

Yeah, think about it, he was a soldier for whole his life, killing is like second nature to him. So I don't think he has any problem nor remorses about killing others, and he has that powerful robot with him, which could be very frightening for the peaceful people of Gargantia.

Like what if he'll suddenly decide that they were the enemy?

I'm sure that he won't but they don't know that, so to them it's a very scary situation.

Or in other words... The Urobutcher strikes again! XD
deave112Apr 8, 2013 11:45 AM
Apr 8, 2013 12:20 PM
Apr 2013
I now have subs for this, do you guys know where I could upload to share for everyone?
Took me 6 hours i aegisub but it was fun :)
Apr 8, 2013 12:26 PM
Apr 2013
alduren said:
I now have subs for this, do you guys know where I could upload to share for everyone?

http://ge.tt/ or somthing like this =) plzz
Apr 8, 2013 12:31 PM
Mar 2009
alduren said:

You can use nyaa to distribute the subs and i doubt that's again the rules. I have been looking for the subs for the second episode since yesterday so im really interested watching it in english.
Apr 8, 2013 3:01 PM
Feb 2013
spectlze said:
alduren said:

You can use nyaa to distribute the subs and i doubt that's again the rules. I have been looking for the subs for the second episode since yesterday so im really interested watching it in english.

Soi..umm...is there a subbed version, now, somewhere?

symbv said:
deave112 said:

Ah, symbv, you're here too. Seems we frequently fancy the same sort of anime. ;-)

This one has some tropes, but all in all, it looks rather promising. I hope they focus a bit on the cultural differences and the weirdness of an individual coming in contact with something totally unexpected. They had some eye for detail as of yet (the different language, the details of the ship not being airtight, etc.) that is almost always brushed aside by other anime of that genre, so...). The quality looks good, and the setting looks intriguing.
AnimageNebyApr 8, 2013 3:06 PM
Apr 8, 2013 3:09 PM
Mar 2009
AnimageNeby said:
spectlze said:
alduren said:

There's no version because nyaa are faggots and they don't like the new episode 2 raw because it is upscaled by their standards. Im sure posting the .ass english file would be okay because i have done it before without problems. Im still hoping someone release some english subs. :)
Apr 8, 2013 3:15 PM
Feb 2013
spectlze said:
AnimageNeby said:
spectlze said:
alduren said:

There's no version because nyaa are faggots and they don't like the new episode 2 raw because it is upscaled by their standards. Im sure posting the .ass english file would be okay because i have done it before without problems. Im still hoping someone release some english subs. :)

Ermm...but...did the guy/gall here not make those subs already?:

Dkozyr said:
alduren said:

http://ge.tt/ or somthing like this =) plzz

I was just hoping someone had released a subbed version by now. Or a stream.
Apr 8, 2013 3:18 PM
Apr 2013
No sub yet, that person is the only person I've found so far who is willing or has apparently subbed it. Alduren if you're uploading it right now, could you let us know please. :)
Apr 8, 2013 3:24 PM

Dec 2012
Guess I have to wait for several hours till it's subbed :(
Apr 8, 2013 3:38 PM
Apr 2013
Here is the .ass
But i haven't checked it yet for errors or given some translation 2nd thinking.

Well, i'm fairly proud since it's my first time trying to translate, and i'm not a native english or japanese speaker.

http://ge.tt/8GJn5Xd/v/0
Apr 8, 2013 3:48 PM
Sep 2011
Thanks alduren!

How do I put it with the itself?
Apr 8, 2013 3:56 PM
Apr 2013
Thanks Alduren, still even if it isn't perfect at least it's something. :D

deave112 said:

How do I put it with the itself?

If you already have the Raw file then open the video and then right click in the program (I use VLC) try then to find the location of subtitles selection and then open the file downloaded from Alduren.
TyrokillerApr 8, 2013 4:00 PM
Apr 8, 2013 3:57 PM
Apr 2013
I guess just drag it to the video if you have VLC or MPC cinema with the latest codex, works for me :)

I put the torrent out: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=421775
Try to seed if possible so more see this :)
Apr 8, 2013 4:04 PM

Mar 2013
Much thanks, alduren :D
Apr 8, 2013 4:05 PM
Sep 2011
It fits for another file.

It doesn't fit for the newest release of this episode that came out... "[Freelance-Raws] Suisei no Gargantia - 02 (TV Quality BDrip 1280x720 H.264 AAC)"

Could someone copy these subs to a new file that will match the newest release for the episode? I don't know how...
Apr 8, 2013 4:10 PM

Nov 2012
Your the man alduren, worked like a charm

thanks alot!
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.