Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
Secretsss of this worlddddd
Mar 30, 2013 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
The announcement at the end of EP 26: Not a second season, but an extension of 20+ episodes for this season!...

Who am I kidding.. T.T
Gonna wait for another... 6 months maybe?
Mar 30, 2013 8:41 PM

Jan 2012
The anime keeps making me wanna replay the VN again goddamn it. I ALREADY REPLAYED REFRAIN

Anyway, the whole Miyuki thing could have been executed better along with some other minor complaints. Despite that, I enjoyed it, mainly because Kengo FINALLY joined the team. I wanna see some jacket Kengo.

Eagerly anticipating the announcement next episode
Mar 30, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
Fun episode. I don't know how to make GIFs, so can someone make one for me of Rin's ass animation? (serious question).

It'd be greatly appreciated.
Mar 30, 2013 8:57 PM

Aug 2011
Yea the "panning" koshiki was fail LOL
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Mar 30, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2011
The episode wasn't that bad. There were some things I disliked, but everyone already pointed them out, which was basically the whole scene on the roof. I actually did like the end, and I liked the bits that foreshadowed what was going on.

Kengo doesn't look half bad with his hair down either. Also, I found the archer girl to be the best looking girl in the entire anime. ><
Mar 30, 2013 9:02 PM

Jun 2012
Random45 said:
I found the archer girl to be the best looking girl in the entire anime. ><

Indeed. I kind of wish they had more development on her since she is pretty and would have an interesting story. Hell, that should've been a route in EX, not Futaki's (since I heard it was an extension of Haruka's).
Mar 30, 2013 9:09 PM
Mar 2013
Holy shit. I just discovered such a likely and earth-shattering realization to this.

ONLY READ IF YOU WATCHED EPISODE 25 FULLY AND ARE OKAY WITH AN EARTH-SHATTERING POSSIBILITY THAT WILL FOREVER CHANGE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS ANIME!!! I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. IT DROVE ME TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT HERE JUST TO POST IT.
Mar 30, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
Finally it seems to be getting more interesting but that's just when there's only one episode left :(
Looking forward to that announcement next week~
Mar 30, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2011
Neph-kun said:
Holy shit. I just discovered such a likely and earth-shattering realization to this.

ONLY READ IF YOU WATCHED EPISODE 25 FULLY AND ARE OKAY WITH AN EARTH-SHATTERING POSSIBILITY THAT WILL FOREVER CHANGE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS ANIME!!! I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. IT DROVE ME TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT HERE JUST TO POST IT.

You're close, but not close enough. Only click spoiler if you actually wanna get spoiled
Mar 30, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2010
Neph-kun said:

Close enough. :D

But excellent theory you got there for a Anime-viewer and no prior knowledge on the VN
Mar 30, 2013 9:20 PM
Mar 2013
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:

You're close, but not close enough. Only click spoiler if you actually wanna get spoiled

Mar 30, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:

Mar 30, 2013 9:28 PM
Mar 2013
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:

Don't tell me anymore besides this answer. I already want to preform self-brain surgery with a knife to forget. My curiosity hates me, I swear.
Mar 30, 2013 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:
Tyrel said:
Neph-kun said:

Don't tell me anymore besides this answer. I already want to preform self-brain surgery with a knife to forget. My curiosity hates me, I swear.

Mar 30, 2013 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
ClannadIsLove said:

Indeed. I kind of wish they had more development on her since she is pretty and would have an interesting story. Hell, that should've been a route in EX, not Futaki's (since I heard it was an extension of Haruka's).

Are you sure? Kanata's route is a more detailed yet alternative version of Haruka's route but not only that so stop spouting shit like Kanata doesn't deserve a route yet you haven't tried her route especially you don't have any slightest idea about it.

Mar 30, 2013 9:42 PM
Mar 2013
So many questions... HNNNNGASDFGSFG
I want to know, but don't want spoilers.....
My poor memory. xP *ties up and binds my curiosity in basement*
Now sit in the corner and think of what you did to me!
Mar 30, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2012
Tennouji_ said:
Kanata doesn't deserve a route yet you haven't tried her route especially you don't have any slightest idea about it.

Koshiki over kanata any day now.
Its obvious
Koshiki > Kanata
Koshiki > Everyone
Mar 30, 2013 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
planetarian said:
Tennouji_ said:
Kanata doesn't deserve a route yet you haven't tried her route especially you don't have any slightest idea about it.

Its obvious
Koshiki > Kanata
Koshiki > Everyone

So, what about it? I didn't talk shit about Koshiki so I could care less about your preference. I'm saying and quoting to him about Kanata's route existence.

Mar 30, 2013 9:51 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. Kengo was awesome this episode. I'm glad he finally joined. I don't recall the scene with Kengo batting at the end from the VN. However it was still a well done scene so I'm glad they did it, even if it was anime original.
Mar 30, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2012
Well, that was good and i think the roof top scene is pretty good imo. Hope Koshiki makes an appearance again.

Kengo looks boss with his hair down(Kinda reminded me of Vergil) and during the scenes he is pitching.
Mar 30, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2012
planetarian said:
Tennouji_ said:

Its obvious
Koshiki > Kanata
Koshiki > Everyone

Lol'd.
That's like saying Suginami was the best girl.
Mar 30, 2013 10:03 PM
Aug 2012
ClannadIsLove said:
If I'm correct, the rooftop scene with the girl is here. Which seems shitty. In the visual novel she appeared once you finished your first route, and she was actually IN the damn story (a little, anyway) up until the rooftop scene.

From what you guys are saying, she pretty much makes her first appearance here and then the rooftop scene happens, which shows JC Staff can't do anything right. They show her just to use her to get him onto the team, then she'll never appear again.

You know, I've seen you bashing JC Staff quite a lot, saying shit like "JC Staff can't do anything right" and then I noticed your pathetic list, and saw that the only other anime you've seen from JC Staff is Hidan no Aria. So I guess after watching 2 whole anime from them, you've come to the conclusion that they can't do anything right. I guess all their anime are shit, right? Please. You casuals are really annoying just joining the JC Staff hate bandwagon just so you try to fit in.

I'm not defending JC Staff, btw.

On topic: This episode was rushed, but with the time they had, it was understandable. I wish koshiki would've been a main character. I would rather her over Kud any day.
Mar 30, 2013 10:06 PM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:
planetarian said:
Tennouji_ said:

Its obvious
Koshiki > Kanata
Koshiki > Everyone

Lol'd.
That's like saying Suginami was the best girl.

+ extra points for being voiced by Hanazawa
Mar 30, 2013 10:14 PM

Sep 2011
emache said:

You know, I've seen you bashing JC Staff quite a lot, saying shit like "JC Staff can't do anything right" and then I noticed your pathetic list, and saw that the only other anime you've seen from JC Staff is Hidan no Aria. So I guess after watching 2 whole anime from them, you've come to the conclusion that they can't do anything right. I guess all their anime are shit, right? Please. You casuals are really annoying just joining the JC Staff hate bandwagon just so you try to fit in.

Most of the people who are trying to fit in that bandwagon are faggots nowadays. Anyway, as a VN player who knew about this source material, the adaptation isn't really good but not horribly bad either so you may say I blame JC Staff about this adaptation but it doesn't mean I'm implying all of the series that it's adapted by JC Staff were became shit overall.

Mar 30, 2013 10:14 PM

Nov 2010
The rooftop scene is rushed, but I actually don't get any other special impression in the VN as well, so it's not a loss for me.

But...that pitching scene is BOSS. BOSS kengo is BOSS, so this episode become a BOSS episode. Another smart decision in LB! adaptation.

And...LOL @ Rin's hand when she pitched.
Mar 30, 2013 10:19 PM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
The rooftop scene is rushed, but I actually don't get any other special impression in the VN as well, so it's not a loss for me.

But...that pitching scene is BOSS. BOSS kengo is BOSS, so this episode become a BOSS episode. Another smart decision in LB! adaptation.

And...LOL @ Rin's hand when she pitched.

Agreed. Kengo's repeated efforts at trying to hit the ball were excellently done. That was one of the best scenes in the common route episodes.
For those who didn't play the VN, Kengo hit the homerun on his first try and Masato merely comments on how well he does, and Miyuki isn't present at the scene (I think).
Definitely some good adaptation decisions being done here.
Again, having any "feels" for Miyuki wasn't the purpose of the episode, but I can see why people are saying it's a bit melodramatic/rushed.

Tennouji_ said:

Most of the people who are trying to fit in that bandwagon are faggots nowadays. Anyway, as a VN player who knew about this source material, the adaptation isn't really good but not horribly bad either so you may say I blame JC Staff about this adaptation but it doesn't mean I'm implying all of the series that it's adapted by JC Staff were became shit overall.

Indeed. People should be more like me. I constantly change my opinion of the Little Busters adaptation. Some days I hate JC Staff for butchering development. Other days I like them for being mostly faithful to source material. Sometimes I hate their changes, and other times I realize how their changes make sense for the anime medium. Sometimes I feel like the comedy execution exceeds the VN and other times I'm like wtf are you doing JC?!

Of course I wish the more experienced KyoAni or a better JC Staff director was in charge. At least it's not turning out like Chaos;Head. That was travesty of an adaptation to watch.

Ugh I always ramble, I can never figure out what to say about Little Busters.
I fucking love the Little Busters so much. I'm just trying to be optimistic because I don't want Refrain to be a huge failure that will anime-only watchers won't like.
Vladz0rMar 30, 2013 10:34 PM
Mar 30, 2013 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Very nice episode imo it was nice to see some Kengo action *-*

Ahh the last episode for this season's out next week I wonder how it's gonna end.
Mar 30, 2013 10:50 PM

Mar 2013
DID SOMEONE ASKING FOR ASS !?
Mar 30, 2013 10:53 PM

Sep 2012
zakkun89 said:

This had more animation than Muyuki falling from the roof.
Mar 30, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:
zakkun89 said:

This had more animation than Muyuki falling from the roof.

Hell yes.
Mar 30, 2013 11:17 PM

Feb 2013
That was a good episode, I enjoyed the hints at the beginning. That was a good adaptation of Kengo's relationship with Koshiki. Koshiki made me so sad when she broke down, I must applaud how well they did that part. That scene with Kengo saving Koshiki was awesome and finally shows the guys totally bonding with one another. So heart touching, that was a really good common route episode and Kengo finally joins the team. The amount of time Kengo tries really makes you appreciate him so much more, especially considering his injury. Also Rin was awesome this episode, her eyes of determination. XD What a picture perfect ending for everyone this episode.With that Little Busters is finally a full team! Good way to put Riki in charge and have us waiting for the last episode. Seems like the ending will be quite open, wonder what will happen. I like the touch given from having all of the Little Busters as sprites during the preview.

Music placement was also surprisingly good this episode. The animation was solid and Kengo's look when he is injured was pretty great. Also dat Rin gif... <3

<3 Kengo x Koshiki
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 30, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2009
If they won't announce Refrain TV on Fall, I would be raging
Mar 30, 2013 11:54 PM

Jun 2012
zakkun89 said:

That was me, thank you.

emache said:
ClannadIsLove said:
If I'm correct, the rooftop scene with the girl is here. Which seems shitty. In the visual novel she appeared once you finished your first route, and she was actually IN the damn story (a little, anyway) up until the rooftop scene.

From what you guys are saying, she pretty much makes her first appearance here and then the rooftop scene happens, which shows JC Staff can't do anything right. They show her just to use her to get him onto the team, then she'll never appear again.

I used to bash them a lot for them being them, this time I bashed them for a REASON. I think that they should've had her in earlier episodes so she didn't just show up and have a moment to get Kengo on to the team. And I've seen Yumekui Merry as well, and heard of other shows that just plain sucked. So in general I dislike them.

I'm not a casual, I have reasons to dislike them. I've praised them a few times, so leave me alone.

As for the sig, I merely put that there because I thought it was funny. I don't live and breathe hate for JC Staff, I just point out their flaws where they exist and if I think I could do better (despite not being an animator or anything else).

Also, holy crap that guy on page 3 was close with his theory.

EDIT: Anyone have any idea
Malus92Mar 30, 2013 11:58 PM
Mar 31, 2013 12:12 AM

Aug 2011
Damnit, they cut the awesome guitar music (when Riki, Kyousuke, and Masato went to stop the teachers) short.

Otherwise, I'd say it was only a fairly decent ep, because it was slightly harder for viewers to sympathize with Koshiki when she had only appeared, and also the rooftop scene was pretty rushed.
Mar 31, 2013 12:20 AM

Sep 2012
I quite like this episode. Not sure about the VN but I think the anime goes through the story about Kengo and Koshiki very well. I even think Koshiki should just follow Kengo and join Little Busters, as a step towards finding things that she can do. And Koshiki is so lovely. Most of the time Kengo does not look like Kengo any more, as his serious fighting mode takes over. It is also good that it hints about the secret of the world both at the beginning and at the end of the episode.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 31, 2013 12:22 AM
Aug 2011
Okay, so I dropped the rating by 1 now because this episode was awful.

The first few minutes were good and then it went to shit from the scene Masato mentions the random girl in the cafeteria.

The suicide attempt was hilarious that I literally facepalmed all the way through.

Those retarded teachers, wut?
That "fall", wut?
That jump + catch, wut?

The only thing interesting and good were Riki's monologues.

Special LOL @ those "Robot Captains"

2/5 - JC Staff, why.

Edit:
zakkun89 said:

Oh dear, what do we have here.
Fuck all my complaints.
Episode: 5/5
Gatchum_Bye-ByeMar 31, 2013 12:32 AM
Mar 31, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
Now that was Kengo... :)
Mar 31, 2013 1:37 AM

Jan 2012
Kengo +1.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 31, 2013 1:45 AM

Jan 2011
As an anime-viewer's opinion, the roof scene felt like it lacked emotional impact. It felt kind of rushed just to progress the story which left a bad taste for me. I found the previous episode to be much more enjoyable and was expecting this episode to live up to last episode's expectation. Also it's about time Kengo has some nice amount of screentime, I always felt the anime sort of left him out. Really liked the last scene of the episode showing Kengo's determination.
Mar 31, 2013 1:50 AM

Aug 2010
onto the last episode
Mar 31, 2013 2:03 AM

Sep 2010
Wish there was more Kengo. He's my favorite male character. D;
Mar 31, 2013 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
The beginning with that piano piece was such a nice scene :)

btw does someone know what the song is called for the piano part?
Mar 31, 2013 3:11 AM

May 2010
They did that rooftop scene pretty well considerin it from refrain's point of view(yup,i read spoilers,hahaha)..
Mar 31, 2013 3:19 AM

Mar 2012
Maximum Respect to Kengo..

It takes guts to just dive off the rooftop like that to save a person..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Mar 31, 2013 3:33 AM

Nov 2009
Great Episode about last member of Little Busters!!!

Good to see Kengo's determination throughout this episode and the falling off roof scene with Miyuki Koshiki was decent.

Looking forward to final episode!!

5/5

Mar 31, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2011
Kengo has been my favorite character in Little Busters, and I glad to see he got a great adaption to his part to join the team. Miyuki Koshiki was done wonderful and though they made it so her action was due to her illness, I do recall that her lost her right eye due to an archery accident. Though either work in this case I guess.

That roar Kengo did as he leaped to catch Miyuki Koshiki got me back. I can't wait to see how it will be animated in the anime, and to be honest it is one of the moment I hope JC Staff won't fuck it up, or I will rage...

Either way, decent episode. Ended with some Kengo trying to overcome is struggle alongside with Rin to always give everything she got.

Mar 31, 2013 6:46 AM

Oct 2011
Contrary to some guys here had thought, I think quality wise this EP has won me in terms of smoothness, but its true the scene where Koshiki fell was truly awkward it feels like the animators missed polishing that sequence. I have no complains in the pacing and the use of BGMs here as for an anime, it was done quite well (VN will always be slowpaced regardless so it's pointless to expect the anime version to be at the same pacing or it'll be too boring to watch)

I'm a guy, and I'm straight, but I think Kengo looked hotter with his hair falling during the trial match :)

Rin's VA (Tomoe Tamiyasu) in the anime did her role way better than she did in the VN. from time to time she annoyed me in the VN(especially when she's shouting "boke") but in this case I found her voice much more appealing and cute
Mar 31, 2013 7:40 AM

Apr 2010
Again another example where the director failed to draw out the emotions of a scene with high potential it's just annoying how this happens time and time again.
Really this director should have stayed with comedy he just isn't fit for drama, what possessed JC Staff by picking him as director for Little Busters.

What i do like about this episode is that it's focused on Kengo's relationship with a girl for ones and not Riki's.
Mar 31, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
Again another example where the director failed to draw out the emotions of a scene with high potential it's just annoying how this happens time and time again.
Really this director should have stayed with comedy he just isn't fit for drama, what possessed JC Staff by picking him as director for Little Busters.

What i do like about this episode is that it's focused on Kengo's relationship with a girl for ones and not Riki's.

I agree. After so many emotional episodes in this show, this one felt like it should have been really emotional but it was not. Too rushed and forced, introducing a new character barely before we see her fall off the roof for Kengo to show us his Shaolin monk like breakfall abilities.

I still enjoyed it but feel it could have been executed better.

But I am an anime only watcher. Seems the VN folks who knew the character liked it better? Or am I off base here?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

759 by WheatIey »»
Oct 12, 2023 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.