Forum Settings
Forums

Blu-ray Release Date of Madoka Magica Movies Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2013 12:35 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
Finally! Been waiting a while to see when it would be released. I was predicting sometime in May, lol. I'm curious how the movies will hold up on Amazon...
It just shot to No.1 almost right away, dislodging the very-hard-to-unseat Evangelion 3.0 from its exalted No.1 spot it has taken since it starts to be solicited since year start.

It's much more expensive though compared to the Evangelion 3.0 BD. I recall reading something that jmal said... about more expensive BDs rising much easier in the Amazon rankings. The question is if it could maintain such a ranking for an extended period of time. It should be much easier when Evangelion 3.0 is released in April though, and having 2 movies in one BD should be more enticing that selling them separately I think.

symbv said:
Tr1ckR said:
NeoAnkara said:
Just wondering do you lurking to search for information or someone telling you? You seem to be realy up to date with anime news.
other anime sites announced this like 5 days ago.
You have the link of those posts in other anime sites? Because as far as I know the solicitation of the movies in Amazon started only yesterday. I am interested to see what news source other anime sites used to get the July 24th release date 5 days ago.

News about the Madoka Magica movies were indeed leaked a few days ago, but no release date of the BDs/DVDs were actually released by then. Only the day it would be available for pre-order.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 30, 2013 12:36 AM

Dec 2011
symbv said:
Tr1ckR said:
NeoAnkara said:
Just wondering do you lurking to search for information or someone telling you? You seem to be realy up to date with anime news.
other anime sites announced this like 5 days ago.
You have the link of those posts in other anime sites? Because as far as I know the solicitation of the movies in Amazon started only yesterday. I am interested to see what news source other anime sites used to get the July 24th release date 5 days ago.

It was actually just a leaked solicitation sheet:
http://s244.photobucket.com/user/ultimatemegax/media/Random%20images/www_zps576ae799.jpg.html
(not something that you would call official news)
Soz if my post sounded rude in any way :P

StormSky92 said:
Tr1ckR said:
the video preview for the third movie was recently posted (with eng subs)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2013-03-30/3rd-madoka-magica-film-preview-video-debuts

Look 6 posts above you. :)

And LOL at this being post #666 for me.

ah yes it does pay to read previous posts xD
The_StewardMar 30, 2013 12:40 AM
Mar 30, 2013 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
What possible story could there be in a Madoka movie.
Mar 30, 2013 12:39 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
It's much more expensive though compared to the Evangelion 3.0 BD. I recall reading something that jmal said... about more expensive BDs rising much easier in the Amazon rankings. The question is if it could maintain such a ranking for an extended period of time.
I don't expect its #1 position will last very long though, but even if it is a few days it is quite some achievement, judging from the vastly higher number of audience and much better mainstream recognition of the Evangelion movie compared to the 2 Madoka movies. And in regards to the high price, one complaints I heard from fans is that the extras in the BD are nothing special, no OVA no CD but just some commentaries.

Tr1ckR said:
http://s244.photobucket.com/user/ultimatemegax/media/Random%20images/www_zps576ae799.jpg.html
That one.. I see.. I have seen it earlier, but we prefer to wait for more conclusive proof before we post about it. Besides it carries no actual release date, which is the most important piece of information (and why we started a new thread to cover it). And no you did not sound rude. I was just curious about the news source those other sites used.
symbvMar 30, 2013 12:47 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 30, 2013 12:47 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad to finally watch Madoka movies!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 30, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
It's much more expensive though compared to the Evangelion 3.0 BD. I recall reading something that jmal said... about more expensive BDs rising much easier in the Amazon rankings. The question is if it could maintain such a ranking for an extended period of time.
I don't expect its #1 position will last very long though, but even if it is a few days it is quite some achievement, judging from the vastly higher number of audience of the Evangelion movie compared to the 2 Madoka movies. And in regards to the high price, one complaints I heard from fans is that the extras in the BD are nothing special, no OVA no CD but just some commentaries.

That's true. It is quite an achievement to unseat the great Evangelion 3.0, even if it is just temporary. Really? Only commentaries? Doesn't it have an at least an OST or something?
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 30, 2013 12:48 AM

Jan 2011
Tr1ckR said:
the video preview for the third movie was recently posted (with eng subs)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2013-03-30/3rd-madoka-magica-film-preview-video-debuts

Whoa Homura vs Mami, that's going to be fun to watch.
[center]
Mar 30, 2013 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Really? Only commentaries? Doesn't it have an at least an OST or something?
Just checked. I was wrong in saying there is no CD. Yes, there is a OST CD, but given its price fans are expecting a bit more, like better packaging, grander design and some good extras other than just the OST and commentaries.

BTW, at the moment, the Limited Edition is #1 in BD ranking at Amazon, the Regular Edition is #18.
symbvMar 30, 2013 12:55 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 30, 2013 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
Really? Only commentaries? Doesn't it have an at least an OST or something?
Just checked. I was wrong in saying there is no CD. Yes, there is a OST CD, but given its price fans are expecting a bit more, like better packaging, grander design and some good extras other than just the OST and commentaries.

No worries. I was just wondering how it could be so expensive with just the 2 movies and commentaries. That makes a bit more sense. Yeah I guess so... the 2 movies were pretty much the same as the series with a few extra scenes and better OST.

With a lot of people already owning the whole series on BD/DVD... I can see why they are expecting more for 11.5k price tag.

symbv said:
BTW, at the moment, the Limited Edition is #1 in BD ranking at Amazon, the Regular Edition is #18.

The DVDs are also hanging around the 50s as well. Quite a nice rise indeed :)
Mar 30, 2013 1:54 AM

Aug 2011
Don't tell me now. Tell me when I don't have to wait very long at all.
Mar 30, 2013 1:58 AM

Apr 2011
Finally :)
Mar 30, 2013 3:06 AM
Feb 2012
Great news. Now take my money and give me these movies in exchange.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 30, 2013 3:27 AM

Feb 2012
Good news! Been waiting :D
Now it's the pirates' turn *whistles*
Mar 30, 2013 3:35 AM

Jun 2012
Just want to say "HELL YEAAAAAHZ !!"
That news made my day !
Mar 30, 2013 4:00 AM

Oct 2011
Yesssss, that's a nice start into the day.
Mar 30, 2013 4:48 AM
Jul 2008
4 months... A whole season. I might even be preparing for the finals after my college quarter ends by then. If I'm lucky enough, these could be out by winter break. It'll finally be the time for the countries that had no airings of the movie in theaters.
Mar 30, 2013 4:57 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Tr1ckR said:
That one.. I see.. I have seen it earlier, but we prefer to wait for more conclusive proof before we post about it. Besides it carries no actual release date, which is the most important piece of information (and why we started a new thread to cover it). And no you did not sound rude. I was just curious about the news source those other sites used.
I'll clarify why I released something that could be false since you're linking to my photobucket. It was this solicitation sheet combined with information obtained from an online retailer leaking the solicitations for the Madoka movies, Aoi Exorcist movie, and Garden of Sinners RE BD-Box the week prior which led me to conclude this sheet's information was correct. It was.
Mar 30, 2013 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
ultimatemegax said:
symbv said:
Tr1ckR said:
I'll clarify why I released something that could be false since you're linking to my photobucket. It was this solicitation sheet combined with information obtained from an online retailer leaking the solicitations for the Madoka movies, Aoi Exorcist movie, and Garden of Sinners RE BD-Box the week prior which led me to conclude this sheet's information was correct. It was.
Not sure who is the "you" you are talking about. It is Tr1ckR who quoted your photobucket link, but about the correctness of the photo you seem to be talking about me. Actually I also think the information is very likely to be correct (with the same reasons you mentioned above), but I would usually wait for other conclusive information first. That's it. Besides, as I said, the actual release date information is not there, so even if we know the photo as 100% credible, it still does not present enough reason to start a new thread here.
symbvMar 30, 2013 6:16 AM

Mar 30, 2013 5:53 AM

Sep 2011
Damn, that's way too far away :/
Mar 30, 2013 5:57 AM

May 2009
Mar 30, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2011
YES!!! I['m ready for some magical girl abuse!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 30, 2013 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
8,547 yen... Meh, if they include English subs I'll buy it. (Plus that is the limited edition, so the standard will probably be cheaper)
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Mar 30, 2013 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
I LITERALLY JUMPED OUT OF MY BED AND RAN TO MY BROTHER AND SQUEEZED HIM MY BODY WILL NEVER BE READY

SUMMER CONFIRMED TO BE AWESOME
Mar 30, 2013 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
CM for the BD/DVD

Mar 30, 2013 8:26 AM

Jan 2012
God, why am I so hyped for a recap *.* Absolutely can't wait, going to rewatch the show tomorrow another time anyway.
Mar 30, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
bNq said:
God, why am I so hyped for a recap *.* Absolutely can't wait, going to rewatch the show tomorrow another time anyway.

Because the production quality is 10x better than the show.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 30, 2013 8:31 AM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
CM for the BD/DVD

Symbv you are the best.

I love you.

Please never leave MAL or the news team or anything oh my god oh my god
Mar 30, 2013 9:03 AM
Oct 2010
want to buy.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 30, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
Snap, that commercial made me mad ! I've already heard the OP/ED a thousand times, i need moar BGM (soooo wonderful) xP
Mar 30, 2013 9:49 AM

Nov 2008
Good Lord, again with this anime
Mar 30, 2013 9:53 AM

Jul 2012
Mr_Gutts said:
Good Lord, again with this anime

Because it's really abnormal to have a thread announcing a movie's release date.

I admit that the anime has been everywhere across Japan and beyond, but is this really the place to be complaining?
Mar 30, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
Can't wait : D
Mar 30, 2013 10:36 AM
Jul 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Don't tell me now. Tell me when I don't have to wait very long at all.
^Pretty much this.
mikhailn said:
And this.
Mar 30, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
Awesome news, been meaning to rewatch it and this will work perfectly for me.
Mar 30, 2013 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
finally! it took so long, almost 1 year =/
Mar 30, 2013 4:05 PM

Jul 2008
Knowing Aniplex the price will be just as expensive as in Japan. I guess ~$90 is worth it for the movies though.
Mar 30, 2013 5:59 PM
May 2010
I just want the soundtrack. I want that vocal rendition of Decretum.
Mar 30, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2013
Time to buy a Blu-ray player.
Mar 31, 2013 8:21 AM

May 2012
They are releasing two movies at same time ?!
Mar 31, 2013 2:27 PM

Jun 2012
@thepath :
The CM says "2 Discs (Zenpen + Kôhen)"
Then, i think so
Mar 31, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2010
Nice, but i don't think i will be bying them.
Apr 1, 2013 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
finally... ive waited forever for this
Apr 13, 2013 4:52 AM

Apr 2011
Homestuck said:
Get dat high quality magical lesbians.

I like this..lol
Apr 15, 2013 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
<3 Preordered mine from Aniplex w/ subs ;D.

Madoka<3
May 20, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2012
The cover illustration of the BD has been announced.

It is the same as the huge poster shown below:

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
1 hour ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
7 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
12 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.