Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2013 8:37 PM

Feb 2010
symbv said:
LOL at this scene at ending credit

Poor man can't even enjoy his chicken.
Mar 29, 2013 8:41 PM

Mar 2013
AllTJAck said:
They stuck true to the source material, because that's only how far the novel has gone, it's a bit of a shame since there is so much to expand on, and so many unexplored plots.

Damn hell the HERO is SO OP!!!!

The anime only covers the frist 2 out of 5 light novels, there's also 3 other novels which basically goes in death about how the hero meets the 3 other heroes and there backstories..

Mar 29, 2013 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
Well, leading up to this episode I had wondered how they would manage to wrap everything up. It turns out the answer was pretty simple - they didn't.
JohnGalt89Mar 29, 2013 8:57 PM
Mar 29, 2013 9:28 PM

Oct 2011
The ending wasn't that good and kinda abrupt!!
Still, I want a 2nd season.
Signature
Mar 29, 2013 9:30 PM
Sep 2012
The finale was such a disappointment. It didn't even feel like a finale at all. The entire show felt rushed and too short. If this show hadn't rushed things, and had 24 episodes, I'm sure that I would have liked this much better. 4/10
Mar 29, 2013 9:45 PM
Apr 2011
straight up disagree with half the responses saying that this was mediocre. the show explores deep and philosophical questions in a unique way (economics, class structure, war). fantastic show
Mar 29, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2009
Overall, a pretty average anime. Didn't like the characters much. Don't know if I would watch season 2 if one were made. 6/10
Mar 29, 2013 9:59 PM

Jul 2011
Story: 3/10

Art: 7/10

Sound: 7/10

Characters: 1/10 (Personally, I would call this generous)

I don't really need to say more.
Mar 29, 2013 10:02 PM

Feb 2011
Honestly, I thought it was great, but these last two episodes had the worst pacing I have ever seen. They felt they were rushed at ludicrous speed. In the end I enjoyed it and would welcome a second season.
Mar 29, 2013 11:24 PM

Jan 2011
The only way to answer S2 questions is to figure out how much of the LN was adapted into these 12 episodes. Half of it or all of it. I'm guessing it is more so the latter.

The ending did not leave me with the impression that more of this show could be coming. It was fairly conclusive in that we know what the end goal is and it will take time to achieve it. They will suffer more of same hardships they have already faced. Idk.

It was a really interesting idea that kinda feels a little washed out by the end. A lot was going on all the time. Easy to follow but a lot of different angles were being worked. I felt like "we only have 12 episodes, we need to get all this shit in there!".

Interesting story so that I give it props for but it didn't really deliver across the board. 7/10.
Mar 29, 2013 11:45 PM

Oct 2010
Hope to hear the news of season 2 soon...was an awesome anime .
Mar 29, 2013 11:51 PM

Mar 2012
started good but pacing was to slow so it became boring

5/10
Mar 30, 2013 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
Uncanny said:
Disappointing ending. It seemed to imply that there would be a second season, and I sincerely hope so, because the ending was really weak.

But I really think that the socio-politicial/historical themes made this anime really interesting.

The people who thought this anime was poor must either not be very well versed in the history of Europe, or they just don't find history/political/religious struggles interesting.

There are a lot of underlying themes to this anime that people cannot understand right off the bat, if they do not know or appreciate basis for a lot of the storyline.

The main reason Maoyuu turned out bad is because of the pacing. It was laughably non-existent. Don't get me wrong, I genuinely enjoy the enriching history of medieval Europe and such, but a one cour does absolutely no justice for a show that tried touching a topic like economics amongst the other stuff you mentioned.

Quite frankly the characters I remotely liked was the Young Merchant. From the few episodes he was focused on, I was very interested in what he did and it's a shame he wasn't fleshed out more as the anime progressed. That being said, it was difficult deciding what to rate Maoyuu for a while. At times like these I wish MAL had decimal ratings, but since that isn't possible I've decided to give it a high 5, low 6 in the form of a 6/10.
JazKazMar 30, 2013 12:10 AM
Mar 30, 2013 12:07 AM
Jun 2011
I always thought that this anime would at least run for 24 episodes... The pace of Maoyuu kinda resembled the Aria Animes, so hastily wrapping everything up in the last episode was not that good. The grand scale of the events, involving countries, kingdoms and the whole economy thing should have resolved itself in a more gradual manner.

One thing i didn't understand was that in this episode the knight was fighting the battle against the central armies, the demon queen was going to hold a meeting with some other characters and the maid and her sister was being saved by someone in some unknown location. and then all of a sudden it ends with everyone back in the mansion sipping tea and confessing their love for Yuusha. What happened to all those events?

Anyway a second season would be nice and all but I have feeling their isn't going to be one...
Mar 30, 2013 12:45 AM

Feb 2013
i hope for a season 2
Mar 30, 2013 1:36 AM

Feb 2010
really that was the ending very poor if you ask me 7/10.
Mar 30, 2013 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
I liked this, but some of the anime recently have been giving a lot of cliff hangars..

Either way looks like a season 2 to me, that ending did not suffice one bit. But I still liked the series, 8/10.
Mar 30, 2013 2:30 AM

Jun 2012
The ending was so baaad :(
Mar 30, 2013 2:42 AM

May 2010
-Fuji- said:
Hope there is another season

I hope too
Mar 30, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
what is with that ending
i can't even call that an ending
what the fuck
Mar 30, 2013 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
Given they have barely reached Kuriltai after 1-cour, I can see why fans of the LN said it needs at least four cours to tell the whole story because they have animated just 1 volume out of the whole 5 volumes (not counting the spinoffs) !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 30, 2013 4:50 AM
Dec 2010
Well, we can only hope there will be sequel, since that ending wasn't an ending at all. I had hoped they wrap this up a bit more, instead we got this unpleasant feeling there should be next episode - except there won't be.

Depending on popularity maybe there will be continuation, who knows, however looking at twin series - spice and wolf, which also should be animated further I'm not an optimist on the matter...
Mar 30, 2013 5:32 AM
Jan 2013
I particularly liked this anime. It was something new to the anime genre and it was very comedic throughout the whole anime with some heartwarming moments. Although there are too much political and economic talk within the anime, it was still refreshing to hear some intelligent talk within the forever orthodox anime world.

8/10
Mar 30, 2013 5:50 AM

Jan 2013
joshlul said:
what is with that ending
i can't even call that an ending
what the fuck

Words said of a person who knows what they are talking about...

What the fuck was that. I loved the art of this anime... That's about it. I wish I could say more because I really, really, really wanted to like this show. The fact that they sped through every episode in full fuckin' force ruined it.
This story was all over the place. The characters were all over the place. The romance which I thought was going to be there wasn't. Just wtf. I have to lower my score and I never do this...
/rant
Mar 30, 2013 6:30 AM

Aug 2011
It was really interesting at first and then I just kind of got bored because it was literally the same thing again and again. The only other thing that stuck out was the 'I am Human' speech by the Maid. It was alright, but I was literally checking the time every five minutes.

6/10 because I was letdown by this anime. I really did enjoy it at first though. :/ Plus the horrible ending and the horribly written romance.
Mar 30, 2013 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
The way it ended makes me think it may have a S2 and go past the manga's end. Which is set to have a "aftermath" chapter in a couple of months I think.
Mar 30, 2013 7:01 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty open ending to this. Maybe a second season?

Overall an enjoyable but not overly special series. It had it's moments. 7/10.

Mar 30, 2013 7:13 AM
Oct 2007
I loved this show, but the last episode was kind of a let down. The demon king possession thing got fixed way to easy and everything else kind of fell flat
Mar 30, 2013 7:16 AM

May 2010
after watching this .I am in love with MAGE!..3 personalities are awesome.

It was a nice series..Not the best but still good..8/10
Mar 30, 2013 7:26 AM

Jan 2012
This could have been better and a little less confusing.
Mar 30, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2011
So it ended with them having the solution... but just not implemented yet.
It was quite a decent series. 7/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2013 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
Even though I really liked this show it still feels like I read every second-third page of a book. And stopped at the end of chapter one.
Mar 30, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2010
Thats the ending? i knew it i feel that they add more questions in the last episode so i was thinking how it will end but it wasnt a good ending couldve been better to make it 13 episodes
Mar 30, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2011
The end gave me the feeling that there will be a second season.
Mar 30, 2013 8:51 AM
May 2009
Wordsmith said:
I liked this anime, though I think it was way too short. Would have been better as two-cour anime.

Yeah this show definitely needed more breathing room. They skipped completely over the Hero's time in the Demon Realm, the Mage really should've gotten more attention since her character(or characters ;) had tons of potential but none of it was explored, and we still don't know how the upcoming alliance of Bad Demons & Bad Church will turn out.

So much was skimmed over, it's a real shame. I nearly gave this show a Ten but then I realized that there wasn't enough space for it to do what it needs to do. I'm hoping that they'll come out with a Sequel series or OVA that explores what the Hero did in Demon realm, the Mage, and this final conflict. It would make this series into the Perfection it deserves if they did that.
Mar 30, 2013 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed this anime quite a bit but i feel the adaption team rushed the series which is a real shame because as others have said it had a lot of potential. The series needed more character development overall and especially between the demon king and hero as their relationship is hardly enough to glue the series together.

From what I've heard it would take 60 episodes to adapt the whole series but even with that it would be butchered and really pushing it, so as i said around episode 4 or 5 this definitively needed a 2 cour adaption as a first season but we'll just have to see how they take it from here.

7/10 overall but a thoroughly enjoyable series that i hope sells well.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Mar 30, 2013 9:28 AM

Sep 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:
6/10 because I was letdown by this anime. I really did enjoy it at first though. :/ Plus the horrible ending and the horribly written romance.

Shitty ending and shitty romance. Corrected. For people who are hoping that it sells well and gets second season, sorry, I sure don't see it coming true.
Mar 30, 2013 9:56 AM

Oct 2012
I expected to see over the mountain in the final episode, but instead was given a lead into an unconfirmed second season. The romance was forced and the pacing was just silly. This series got a 6 from me, in that it was just above average but it definitely wasn't anything particularly memorable. Just what you'd expect from a winter anime.
Mar 30, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2010
Lackluster ending... Things just didn't conclude very well... But enjoyed the series..... Need a second season....

Final ep. - 3/5

Series - 7/10
Mar 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Feb 2009
And Yuusha and Mao didn't even kiss yet. *sigh*
Mar 30, 2013 10:17 AM
Sep 2012
Yeah this episode didn't feel like an ending to me.
Mar 30, 2013 10:46 AM

Jan 2011
Overrated. 7/10 from me and thats even too high somewhat. Whatever, next.
Mar 30, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2012
twonline said:
Lackluster ending... Things just didn't conclude very well... But enjoyed the series..... Need a second season....

Final ep. - 3/5

Series - 7/10

Agreed. They should have aimed at 24 episodes instead of this few. They could have expanded on A LOT of things to make the general story better.
Mar 30, 2013 11:09 AM
Feb 2012
It seems people are underestimating this show. Maoyuu has a lot of potential and given the chance, a second season could make use of it. Since the first one concentrated on world building and the overall situations of the two worlds, the sequel could opt to find, or at least work towards, a permanent ceasefire and a world in which demons and humans live together. I, for one, enjoyed this show and am fairly positive that we'll see a season two. 7/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 30, 2013 11:44 AM

Jun 2009
I really do like the series.

The importance of education.
The development of liberalism.
The social structure and control.
The foundation of cities and wealth.
The meaninglessness of war.

Not quite what I expected when I first come in, but in return, I get something much better.

Despite the very limited funding on animation, it manage to tell a good enough story.

7/10
AirStylesMar 30, 2013 11:48 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2013 1:15 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
LOL at this scene at ending credit

Boobs, chicken and wine. What more could you honestly want?
Mar 30, 2013 1:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is clearly just the first part of the series. They cannot leave it there. They've set up the world, the characters and the conditions. They can really do a much better second part if they focus on the story and leave most of the thematic stuff aside. I hope they make it hapen.

LOL'ed at the plasma annihilator moment.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 30, 2013 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
Nothing much happened, but it's probably the first part of the series. Hopefully there will be more as there's much left to be done.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
Really hope there's another season this ending didn't really feel like an ending.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Mar 30, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
Open Ending!!!

There are still many things to conclude and so many things to be solved and discussed so I'm hoping for a second season.

Art: 9/10
Story: 8/10
Characters: 8/10
Music: 8/10
Overall Rating: 8

Overall the series was decent enough to be entertaining but some scenes were very open to the point where it didn't make much sense. We also need more character development with some like the Onna Mahoutsukai and some others. The MOST thing I was constantly thinking of was that I thought I was watching a sequel or something (felt like a second season instead of a first) as the characters seemed as if the audience had some foreknowledge about them. Initially I researched thinking that I accidentally started a second season to something but instead found out that this was the first season which felt a bit strange as I was watching this series.

Nevertheless, the concept of the story especially the economics really interested me and felt like I was watching Spice & Wolf with the similar styles.

Looking forward to the Second Season if it does get produced as so many things are not finished and the story wouldn't make sense if it finishes at this point so hoping for a potential sequel!!

Episode Rating: 4/5
ShiroiKishi-Mar 30, 2013 2:12 PM

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

464 by lorwne »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.