Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2013 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat action and flight. A good display of lights and pretty butterflies. Seems like the the phenomenon is being lifted? Nice.

Good series overall imo although I felt the second half dragged itself a bit. Mm, I'm going to miss Aika-chan's voice in this series after watching that brief recording of her. Dat legs

The finale episode was okay I guess, didn't expected too much out of it. Overall, 7.5/10.
Mar 28, 2013 12:48 PM
Mar 2008
Overall: Decent episode. Got trolled by Aika one last time, and tied up almost all loose ends. EP could have been better if they went beyond merely insinuating the outcome of Hakaze x Yoshino. The lingering ambiguity of the last scene seemed a bit mean-sprited, even. I can tolerate ambiguous endings if they don't affect major plot themes, but in this case, I think it was a big mistake to leave a major question hanging like that. I think hug vs kiss makes a huge difference in the resolution of Aika x Yoshino x Hakaze, and it was totally left up to the imagination!
Mar 28, 2013 12:50 PM

Feb 2012
All i can say how they cut off at what would be the best kiss scene in the anime Hakaze x Yoshino!!! Aika still plays around with them till death... good ending
Mar 28, 2013 12:51 PM
Oct 2011
I quite liked how the anime handled the ending, things flowed quite smoothly imo.
There was quite a number of symbolical scenes, like when Mahiro and Yoshino were at the grave, there was a butterfly that was suppose to represent Aika's soul listening.

Which reminds me, Aika's recording is bittersweet on its own. Even to the very end she still endlessly want to tease Mahiro and Yoshino. I really adore those three.

Oh, I'm also glad Hanemura and Yuki-chan got their happy ending!

Still, I do have a bit of a gripe on how they left out certain things. Like Mahiro had a new girlfriend, and Yoshino turning down Hakaze and her question to date, the joke on how Samon and Evangeline might be dating. They also didn't show about the supposed aliens congratulating Hanemura and mankind! That last one is actually pretty important to the plot. =.=
Fallen_LullabyMar 28, 2013 12:54 PM
Mar 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Jun 2012
While I might have overhyped myself too much for a spectacle mind blowing ending, I wasn't left unfulfilled unlike some other series (cough... Psycho Pass... cough) They tied a lot of the loose ends; as a result the cast gets their happy endings. The characters had interesting story arcs that began and were concluded in a definite manner.

The gunshot just being on the arm and then him being completely fine felt like a bad red herring for a cheap cliffhanger from last week. Also kind of convenient timing for the Sword of Exodus heh. My last critique pertains to the "alien" lead they brought up that kind of just gets pushed under the rug though it might've been for the best.

This series was an exciting journey that had compelling characters and always kept my interest. I mean for 3 episodes we had basically a battle of deception through dialogue in the same location. I don't know any other show that has done that. The theatrical presentation and themes I really liked and was a refreshing change than what I usually see in anime. I applaud Bones and the writers for having the gall to adapt this story. It's a shame it sold mediocrely but at least the manga got a nice bump.

8 Dere Hakazes out of 10
HybridMBLMar 30, 2013 12:38 AM
Mar 28, 2013 12:55 PM
Aug 2011
Mahiro had a couple of good expressions here.

Talk about anti-climactic how the lot of us were screaming "DON'T DIE YOSHINO fjlk;asjfa!" last episode and here they just pan to him and his already sitting there bleeding but patched up a bit.

Then that sword appearing in order to defeat the tree hmmmmm.

Yu-chan was just an average girl.
Since they mentioned her a little too often for a side character I thought she was going to be a plot twist or something.

Damn it, Yoshino and Hakaze were about to hug/kiss and the scene cuts off. Cockblocked by The End.

Underwhelming at times but I suppose it's not terrible. 7/10 for now.
Mar 28, 2013 1:01 PM

Oct 2009
I LOVE HOW THE SERIES ENDED

Though there were bits where it was draggy, I got to enjoy the whole series because of the comedy they insert in a serious situation.
To be honest, when I watched this episode, it totally felt like I've only seen in for 5 minutes hmm...
anyway the ending for (my otp) Yoshino and Hakaze was a bit unexpected because of the manga difference but STILL OBVIOUSLY ENJOYED IT.
I cannot hate Aika after all. She's quite cool.
Plus, Aika can only pull of tricks that can make Mashiro and Yoshino faces look like that LALA
I HAVE TO SAY I LOVE THE ART!

overall: 9/10

I love you forever, さよなら 君が愛してるよ ♪

Mar 28, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2011
Beautiful! Wouldn't have thought the series to be that good.
Loved it all the way through. Not perfect, but still pretty awesome.
Very interesting story, likeable characters (especially Aika) and a nice ending!
No doubt for me, 9/10!
Mar 28, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2011
I absolutely loved this series. I honestly don't have much to say. It had perfect pacing, and it was interesting enough to grab someone's attention even when entire four episodes of the anime were just the main characters standing in one spot. It was amazing. Not to mention the art and the animation were beautiful as well, and the seiyuus did a great job. I really loved this.

9/10
Mar 28, 2013 1:29 PM
Dec 2012
When I first started watching this anime, I didn't really expect much out of it, but it turned out to be a fantastic anime in my opinion. I really like how they quote things from Shakespeare. The characters were likable and the soundtracks/ops/eds were pretty catchy. Overall 9/10. I'm going to miss this.
Mar 28, 2013 1:31 PM

Jul 2008
One of my absolute favorite animes of all time. Since I base my scores on the enjoyment factor this gets a 10/10 from me, though if I'd rate it more objectively 9/10. All in all a great show that I'd recommend to anyone that values story.
Mar 28, 2013 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
Well, in the end, I guess this turned out to be pretty good. I mean, I can totally accept this as the ending. Dat sword though.
This show has somehow managed to restore my faith in Bones after the abomination that was Towa no Quon.

The only thing that kind of annoyed me, a lot, was the arm. Really, the arm? Civilians just can't aim straight.

Also, best anime from fall 2012.
Now all that's left is to find those last chapters of the manga, read those and come to the conclusion that the manga was better.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 28, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2012
"OMG THEIR GOING TO KISS ~ THIS IS THE PERFECT ENDING OMGGGGG - THE END" Thanks bones, you are all truly trolls....
Mar 28, 2013 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
One of my favorite animes of all time. The only thing I wasn't fond of was the whole cliffhanger of last episode and then this episode Yoshino just ended up patching up his wound himself like nothing happened. I almost would've been satisfied with any ending EXCEPT one in which Yoshino and Hakaze kiss. I'm interpreting the ending as though they were simply going to hug because I still can't stand the thought of Yoshino and Hakaze together.

Otherwise, I'm quite sad that the anime ended. The only thing I'm waiting for now is for an English publishing company to pick up the rights for the manga. I don't even want a dubbed version of the show, I just want the manga!!
pretenceMar 28, 2013 2:25 PM
You do not wish to destroy others,
you simply wish to destroy yourself.
Mar 28, 2013 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't particularly love the ending, although I guess it did wrap things up well. I'm not a Hakaze x Yoshino fan but it would've been good if we at least saw what happened haha. Still one of my favourites from 2012 though!
Mar 28, 2013 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
Ending of the last episode was a complete troll. They made it look like yoshino got shot in the back rather then the arm. They even did the pose as if he was shot in the back.

Bssssssssssssss
Mar 28, 2013 1:43 PM

Feb 2011
Sp-so ending . Was expecting a kiss or at least a hug at the meeting with Hakaze at the end . Too bad .

Very predictable . I'll give it a 8/10 .
Mar 28, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
All i can say is that my Thursdays wont be the same without Zetsuen no Tempest 9.5/10 for MAL 10/10
Mar 28, 2013 1:44 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode
I can't stop laughing seeing Aika trolling them like that. LOL!
Really good series. 8.5/10
Mar 28, 2013 1:54 PM
Nov 2012
Really glad I decided to catch up on this a week ago!
I like how it wasn't too dark and there was a suitable amount of comedy moments.
Mar 28, 2013 2:03 PM

Aug 2011
Great wrap up! I'm very satisfied with this ending. Oh, the last scene made me smile. Solid 7/10 for this series.
Mar 28, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
That was one hell of a ride. Enjoyed this show very much.
7/10... leading to an 8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2013 2:06 PM

Jan 2011
The End....Really?....you couldn't give us two more seconds to actually see the kiss?.....(rage...rage...rage...) Oh well, other than that it was a good ending to a great series and for a character who was dead for the entire series Aika-chan was certainly one of the most memorable of the season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 28, 2013 2:08 PM

Feb 2011
Brilliant and beautiful.
A true masterpiece on the level of Death Note and Code Geass imo.
Just more human and less theatrical.

9/10
Mar 28, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Not exactly one of the better endings I've seen, but I guess it did an okay job of patching things up. I kept feeling like something was missing though, as I was feeling somewhat bored through it all.

But unlike many of the people who've already commented, I actually like how they cut it off at the end, before Yoshino and Hakaze came within touching distance of each other. A series doesn't have to end with a kiss to make the ending complete, but then again, I'm a sucker for open endings that let the viewers interpret it however they want.

pretence said:
One of my favorite animes of all time. The only thing I wasn't fond of was the whole cliffhanger of last episode and then this episode Yoshino just ended up patching up his wound himself like nothing happened.
Seconded. It made last episode's cliffhanger seem over-dramatic and unnecessary, even though I imagine a gun-wound isn't exactly as painless as Yoshino makes it out to be.
cladinpinkMar 28, 2013 2:23 PM
Mar 28, 2013 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
Yoshino X Hakaze ending... i thought Yoshino will die and reunite with Aika on another dimension lol... good anime with a good conclusion for everyone....
Mar 28, 2013 2:32 PM

Sep 2009
xXTensaZenXx said:
"OMG THEIR GOING TO KISS ~ THIS IS THE PERFECT ENDING OMGGGGG - THE END" Thanks bones, you are all truly trolls....

My thoughts as well. At least they showed them moving again towards each other. For a show with love and romance as a key theme and motivator there was really next to nothing shown in it. -_-
Mar 28, 2013 2:35 PM

Nov 2012
Yes, A clear Yoshino x Hakaze ending. Kiss was missing, but still better than the manga ending.
Mar 28, 2013 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
Man that was good
Aika trolling everybody
I was also looking for to it as well with Mahiro and Yoshino
Man after all this, this is a very great anime
Mar 28, 2013 2:38 PM

May 2010
5/10 average. this sums up the whole anime for me. the ending was very underwhelming.
kinda fitting when i think about it.

im honestly glad its over tho..
Mar 28, 2013 2:41 PM
May 2010
Great ending to a great series 9/10
Mar 28, 2013 2:46 PM
Dec 2012
xXTensaZenXx said:

This word for word.

I have been waiting for that scene for weeks now.
Mar 28, 2013 2:50 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was beautiful. It tied everything up perfectly, and the use of flashback, all the while being overlaid against the ending theme was a nice touch. Plus, we got a Yoshino x Hakaze ending which was absolutely wonderful. Pretty much everything about this series was. I was kind of wondering around the halfway point if it would still be awesome, and I am incredibly glad it was. I pretty much have no complaints about this show. The ending was one of the best endings I've seen in awhile. Everything felt so complete. I'm going to miss this show... I must own it somehow, and the manga too.

10/10 (It deserves it, this only my fifth 10/10! A testament to how awesome and emotionally involving the show was.)

To each their own tale indeed.
Mar 28, 2013 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
Aika, a troll till the end. The ending was a bit underwhelming, but oh well.
Mar 28, 2013 2:53 PM

Jun 2007
I was a bit sad to hear how Aika reasoned her death as a necessity to fulfill her "role" in the "script;" I feel that it is too self-deprecating despite the brilliance of her ego. Conversely, Mahiro and Yoshino were in control of their fate but also part of the "script," a script that had them live I might add. In fact, we, the audience, were just as much players in the script as well. This is all a link to the Tempest's epilogue, where we as the audience are asked to:

"release [Prospero] from my bands
With the help of your good hands.
Gentle breath of yours my sails
Must fill, or else my project fails,
Which was to please."

The parallel here is Aika, satisfied in her role of following the script and dying, asks Mahiro and Yoshino to "release" her from their sorrow (i.e. from the stage) so that they may move on and to reach the end/epilogue. That would be on the basis of this passage:

"And my ending is despair,
Unless I be relieved by prayer,
Which pierces so that it assaults
Mercy itself and frees all faults.
As you from crimes would pardoned be,
Let your indulgence set me free."

Unlike Prospero, however, Aika differs in that she's asking for forgiveness for her selfishness in dying and not for the act and 'sin' of dying itself. I feel that she has no need for her sins to be absolved, but it makes for a bittersweet scene. Though Prospero was the one pulling the strings in the Tempest, even he was bound to the script (as in playing the part as it was written for him) and the audience. That's why I was glad to hear Mahiro rejecting Aika's reasoning to the very end: choosing neither the Tempest nor Hamlet; to each, his own path and role to play bound only by the script he writes himself. A fitting end.

At first, I was skeptical of the story's linking to the Tempest and Hamlet, but I have to give credit where it is due. Though, I'll add the caveat that this applies more so to the Tempest as I think the link to Hamlet was a bit weak and forced. Then again, Zetsuen no Tempest never intended to match perfectly the circumstances of Shakespeare's plays, so I like how they were incorporated. I really enjoyed how the story boldly tries to set itself apart from the plays as well (Mahiro's thoughts there at the end). I'm glad that there were more to the Shakespearean tie-ins than simply quoting famous lines just to make the story "cooler," though I'd be lying if some of the Hamlet quotes in the earlier episodes were too cheesy for my taste.

At least Hakaze and Yoshino got to meet at the end, which was a nice touch in my opinion. I usually enjoy optimistically open-ended endings just as I do clear-cut happy endings.
Kjeldoran109Aug 13, 2014 8:50 PM
Mar 28, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
It was okay, Aika even tricked me we her finale joke hahaha. 7/10.
[center]
Mar 28, 2013 2:59 PM

Apr 2011
Now I am kind of intersted, can somebody tell me (and other people) how the Manga ended?
Considering that this is the END of the Anime, I don't think that could be considered "spoilers" anymore!
Mar 28, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2008
Could have easily been 9/10 if there weren't so many plotholes. Was also too pretentious for it's own good.

Still not a bad watch, 6/10.
Mar 28, 2013 3:03 PM

Apr 2011
Lol, Aika you troll xD

Pretty solid ending to the series. I liked that everyone will start again with their lives and keep moving to build their future.

8/10
Mar 28, 2013 3:05 PM

Sep 2011
KevinRammstein said:
Now I am kind of intersted, can somebody tell me (and other people) how the Manga ended?
Considering that this is the END of the Anime, I don't think that could be considered "spoilers" anymore!
almsot identical minus a few cut scenes, yoshino meets the girl mahiro saved whom is now his girlfriend. Hanamura gets together with his girlfriend. Yoshino tries to tell hakaze that she can find better people than him to which she says hes the only one that can handle her, it ends with pretty much every couple walking together one of which includes yoshino and hakaze

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 28, 2013 3:10 PM

Apr 2012
Very enjoyable series, first half was stronger but second was still great. No disappointment what so ever with the whole series, I'm actually pretty happy they followed most, if not all, of the manga.

8/10 as a whole
4/5 episode Aika trolling was great!
Mar 28, 2013 3:10 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I liked the ending ^^ It was most satisfying. They changed some of the stuff from the manga...I didn't like the Y x H ending (or the hinting of it)...although it's still a happy ending. I teared up during Aika's video message ;__; I love how even though it was mostly serious, Aika decided to lighten up the mood by trolling Yoshino and Mahiro XD Such an Aika thing to do. And their reaction!!! They went up really close to the tablet at that part haha. I will really miss this anime...
Mar 28, 2013 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
I like how they cut it off at the end, the ship sails on and that for me is enough. I don't like sappy endings.

I liked Aika & Yoshino better, but considering Aika is dead, the fact that Yoshino needs to move on and Hakaze being great character, it was the best ending possible.

I loved this series and the ending was really enjoyable and satisfying, probably my favorite ending right after Shinsekai Yori's.

EdenBagginsMar 28, 2013 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Enjoyable series as a whole, but I didn't like the beginning part of the episode. The ending portions were nice though. Not bad overall.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 2012
KevinRammstein said:

In the last chapter of the manga (taken from the manga thread because I'm lazy):
- Mahiro and Yoshino passed their university entrance exams.
- Hakaze gets a driving license. After Yoshino and Mahiro know they are accepted in college Hakaze appears to give them a ride.
- Tetsuma, Junichirou and Natsumura think that Yamamoto and Samon are in a relationship
- Aliens send a message congratulating the humans on passing the "test"
- We see a scene of Yu-chan and Hanemura on a train
- Mahiro introduces his girlfriend called Mimori to Yoshino and Hakaze who are really surprised. Mahiro jokes saying that he was afraid to introduce her to Yoshino in case he steals her but Mimori looks at Yoshino and says she's not interested in him.
- Yoshino tells Hakaze to look for other guys who will probably be better than him.
- Hakaze still doesn't give up on Yoshino even if he doesn't show signs on reciprocating her feelings.
- Manga ends with Hanemura arriving and Mahiro introducing his gf to Hanemura and viceversa. The group walks while we read the phrase "The beginning is ending, the ending is beginning"

To be continued in the spin-off?
Nov 2011
This was one of the best endings I've seen. The Sword of Exodus thing was kind of bull shit, but we got to see a part of everyone's life. Aika was so funny lol, I love her. And I am especially happy at the last 10 seconds. Hakaze + Yoshino ftw.
Mar 28, 2013 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
I LOVED THIS ENDING!
I LOVED THIS SERIES!!

i even loved a character that was dead 99% of the time!1!

enough comedy, enough drama, enough aaccion,, saving the world, alliances,rienship, damm amazing anime, i'll remember it for a long time!

aika-chan at the end XD epic troll queen
100/10 for me
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.

Aug 2008
Aika almost brought tears to my eyes! I'm going to miss this series, especially her!
No matter what, I would always consider Aika and Yoshino a pair.

I'm pleased with this last episode!

Aug 2009
Awesome. They gave us some nice closure. Best part was Aika trolling, hahaha!
Mar 28, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2010
Matas said:
Could have easily been 9/10 if there weren't so many plotholes. Was also too pretentious for it's own good.

and i keep wondering about 95% of the ppl posting and rating it 8/10 , 9/10 and even 10/10 and calling it "great anime with great ending". wake the fuck up please..
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.