Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 3, 2013 4:09 PM

May 2012
While a strange kind of character and story development the series still had something unique to it that I liked, the over the top action and intense scenes sure made up for a good anime in general, the slower episodes also made up by the good backstory! The ending was decent enough for this anime, can't really place my finger on it how I'd like to see this ended as well I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

It was not a bad anime but surely could've been better! 6/10
Jun 6, 2013 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
Strange ending. I would say unclimatic and unsatisfying. It was good half-way through but overall, 5/10
Jun 10, 2013 5:24 AM

Jul 2009
Kagami was the best thing in the whole anime. 6/10
Jun 21, 2013 12:06 PM
Jan 2013
season 2 when!?!?!? -_-
Sep 11, 2013 5:50 AM
May 2013
This episode was weird, I'm so confused right now.
Sep 15, 2013 10:35 PM
Sep 2011
just finished it and omg i LOVE IT i want a season 2
Mar 3, 2014 3:17 AM

Jan 2011
Ending was really anticlimactic.
Random OP guy appears out of nowhere and just one-shotted Kuzuryuu.
Well at least Sasami and Jou became real friends.

I felt that there could've been more room for elaboration on certain characters... especially Sasami's bro (his true face is as mysterious as Kakashi's mouth)

Overall, the anime was nice but I felt that the first few eps were more enjoyable than the later half.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 26, 2014 4:32 AM

Apr 2012
This show could really benefit from a sequel. That last arc was awkward and didn't really wrap things up that well.

Decent. Episodes 5 and 8 were the highlights, I feel.
May 20, 2014 11:24 PM

Jun 2008
I feel as if they put more emphasis on explaining the penis than giving the anime a proper conclusion. Oh well, the show had many of them moments.
Sep 26, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
Sort of confusing ending,not all questions answered,

Feb 21, 2016 4:53 AM

May 2008
Such an underrated hidden gem! I thought it was a crap show at first based on the rating but, heck was I in for a surprise. Great animation, unique art style, enjoyable randomness and a lot of entertainment. Liking it a lot 9/10.
Apr 1, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
WAIT! Futanari with tsundere and twintail.
LMAO. that combination XD

Futanari aside, overall i like the series....it was enjoyable even tho the story/plot was all over the place. yeah....i felt it was really strange and i was searching for an answer 'why is it strage?' and the conclusion is that the story/plot was all over the place. tbh, i don't understand the story. it is so confusing after epiosde 5 or 6, BUT! i like the characterization. just gonna be honest, i really like it a lot but only with 3 Yagami sister and Sasami, other than that is out of question. I like the character development between Kagami and Sasami, i think that is sweet, and i like another character development that went a little bit fast in the last arc or last 3 episode.

The comedy was okay too. i don't see anything wrong other than the story/plot was being all over the place. well it was bothering my enjoyment a little bit but still overall i enjoy this series. probably because of the animation too. y'know what Shaft do. i really the "cinematography" which Shaft always make.

i don't see anything wrong with the soundtrack too. it was okay to me.
so i'm gonna give it 8/10. just gonna be honest AGAIN, i really enjoyed this series despite the story/plot was being all over the place XD.

That Futanari sh*t got me hard and i didn't expect that. i guess GG for that one XD
YizelTroApr 1, 2016 11:10 AM
May 12, 2016 2:17 AM

Mar 2015
I dont like the last episode and seemed filler ending. I guess thats the most problems for the alternate ending when the original source is unfinished.

Finally the ED song without commentary.

ED: Animation - 2.7/5, Song - 3/5

Episode: 3/5

Overall: 7/10
May 14, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
The series ended as started, in a total bizarre way. I guess the red haired guy (Susanoo) was inside Sasami's brother and for that Tsugumi (Amaterasu) called him brother.

It was a fun, random ride. Too bad we didn't saw Sasami's brother face at the end. Kagami is best girl.
Jul 23, 2016 10:23 AM

Feb 2016
Started good. I really really wanted to like this in the end, but it got totally ruined in the last few episodes... :(
Sep 26, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
Tbh I'm not sure whether this show was good or bad . For the first few episodes I was like what the hell is going on ??
But afterwards I started to get hold of the plot and in the end it turned out pretty well.
However, some of the episodes were good but some of them just fell flat. Overall it was a decent show.
Dec 29, 2017 1:57 PM

Oct 2017
From the get go this series was a weird trip, which I kind of like.... ;)
Used to some anime series having an incomprehensible ending, this wasn't the worst I've seen.

The never before seen red-haired dude is called Susanoo, he is the Shinto god of the sea and storms. I think his sudden appearance can be regarded as a wink to the many anime that introduce a new character in a season finale to lure people into watching a sequel... (even though there probably never wás a chance at a second season of Sasami-San....) ;)

But HOLY SH*T, did things escalate quickly halfway through the final episode!

Not quite what you'd expect a show that starts of with cute images/artstyle like this to turn into...

Overall I understand not everybody being into this kind of wacky and weird but I think it's a shame many people gave up on this around the 3rd episode (and proceeded to rate it anyway), I at least give it a 7/10 score

Misuta-KitsuneDec 29, 2017 2:09 PM
Apr 27, 2020 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
did anyone read the novel?
seriously who is Sasami's brother? and why is everyone is calling him brother? (like Sasami's mother and Tsurugi) what the hell.
is this mystery solved yet?
uragiri_nApr 27, 2020 11:05 AM
s l o t h
Apr 27, 2020 3:29 PM

Sep 2012
uragiri_n said:
did anyone read the novel?
seriously who is Sasami's brother? and why is everyone is calling him brother? (like Sasami's mother and Tsurugi) what the hell.
is this mystery solved yet?

yes. now i know everything. mystery is solved. now i can die peacefully.

so after a bit of research on the Japanese Mythology and stuff. i really want to share this with everyone. after finishng the anime this was eating me from the inside. have to mention i did not read LN, but i think i have a bit of understating. so here's my theory of who is Sasami's brother.
according to Japanese Mythology -
Three sibling Gods were born in the process of purification(Harai) after Izanagi failed to save his 'other half-lover-sister-wife' Izanami.
-The Goddess of Sun Amaterasu from his left eye
-The God of Moon Tsukuyomi from his right eye
-The God of Storms and Seas Susanoo from his nose.
Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi got married. grandson Ninigi-no-Mikoto(ancestor of Tsukuyomi-clan) was born, who later became great-grandfather of the first Emperor of Japan. Susanoo gets banished from the heaven by his father, later appointed as the guardian of 'Land of the Dead'(Yomi). Tsukuyomi angers Amaterasu by killing Uke Mochi, the Goddess of food. Uke Mochi held a feast for Amaterasu, but she couldn't go but sent her life-partner Tsukuyomi. Tsukuyomi got disgusted after seeing the way Uke Mochi was creating the foods and kills her. Amaterasu labeled her husband an evil, unworthy of returning to the Heavens. this separation of Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu was the origin of day and night. For all eternity, Tsukuyomi will continue to pursue Amaterasu across the night sky without ever reaching her.

all this happened way before the anime story.
so here's the theory-
Sasami's brother Tsukuyomi Kamiomi is in fact is Tsukuyomi the Moon God.

Yagami Tsurugi aka Amaterasu was lazy and scared, she gave her power to her grandson Ninigi-no-Mikoto ancestor of Tsukuyomi-clan. so the reason Kamiomi was there looking after sasami at the shrine maybe Tsukuyomi-clan was his family too, or maybe was acting as a guardian or maybe was just looking after their grand children or maybe seeking forgiveness from Amaterasu by looking after what she left behind.

the reason Sasami's mother was calling him ''ani’ue'' not oni-chan nor oni-san means she was addressing him as brother in a very respective way too. according to Yagami Kagami when coming back from the underworld Sasami's mother was under protection of the king of the underworld Susanoo. she even equally fought against Tsurugi, could be she was possessed by him to use that power or something like that. this could be the hint.

and on the last two episodes we see Tsurugi calling Kamiomi 'oni-chan' and later gets carried like a princess by him. this proves that she still has a little bit love left for her estranged brother-husband.
and lastly Tsurugi 's real name is Amaterasu-Oomikami. and Sasami's brother's name is Tsukuyomi Kamiomi. Kamiomi is the anagram of Oomikami.

damn, it was fun writing this. :3
uragiri_nNov 8, 2020 10:40 AM
s l o t h
May 2, 2023 1:39 PM
Apr 2015
a bit weird of an anime but i liked it, i misss a lot o jp myth context tho..

finally saw the original ending.
Dec 10, 2023 8:14 PM

Oct 2022
Enjoyable show, story was a bit too random for my taste but the beautiful art and animation made up for it. I really wish that it was a bit more comprehensible, I really like the characters and their designs, just wish I had more reason to love em. I'm sure the whole "filler" stuff made people write it off but glad I stuck with it.

Yagami's my favorite, I'm glad they ended it with her end card. Seriously can't get over how much I love this show's art style, even the still shots of sasami and the other characters are just too damn gorgeous.

Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

381 by Infrasoul »»
Jan 24, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

68 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:31 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 14, 2013

79 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 7, 2013

49 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 28, 2013

50 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.