Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 28, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ya, this entire series to me was strange.

Lol @ the censors this episode. Dat fox:

Ya, strange series is strange. 5/10.
Mar 28, 2013 10:27 AM
Sep 2012
Beach scene was ok. They could've used the watercolor BG for it. Makes you wonder if the producers will want a 2nd season. It ended on a way that you could just read the novels if you liked the adaption. Oh well.
Mar 28, 2013 10:40 AM
Dec 2012
The series kept me puzzled from the start to the end. At first I expected it to be similar to Kamisama Hajimemashita, but then I came to realize it was totally different from any other anime. Unique, yes. Maybe it went ahead of the times.
Mar 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
It may be strange, but I think it is not really random. The theme is always about the personal growth of Sasami-san. And its reinterpretation of the Japanese supernatural has a feel of Bakemonogatari (of course that is boosted by it being animated by Shaft as well). And more than once I was truly touched by what Sasami-san went through, particularly on her evolving relationship with Kagami. A hidden gem of this season, I would say. A real pity that it never gets much love from the watchers.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 28, 2013 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
nt bad.. but wait was sasami's bro the red god's bro too?
Mar 28, 2013 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
The real truth about her having "it"... And that monster from the past, is her?!

What? Fox girl and Hanazawa-san's character knew each other?

Somehow when it was deleted, Sasami-san got there. Somehow a guy also showed up and deleted the dragon.

Proper ED at the end. Yahari Love Come to replace this timeslot.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 29, 2013 1:15 AM

Feb 2010
quite a hard show to judge but you can't really deny the efforts from shaft making this show unique and it worked most of the time at least for me^^ 7/10 for now rewatch it after the BD are out for a final score...
Mar 29, 2013 3:45 AM
Jan 2012
Who IN THE NAME OF VIRGIN GRANDPA is the RED HAIRED GUY?!SUSANO?!
Mar 29, 2013 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
I say no to the action of this episode. I mean, I say no to the series. Shaft tried really hard to make this shitty original light novel look good, but oh well, there's nothing much to do when it's rotten to the core. They should've picked any light novel other than this.
DawnJMar 29, 2013 5:42 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 30, 2013 5:34 AM

Aug 2011
Funyaaa~

6/10
Mar 30, 2013 8:43 AM
Oct 2010
good final ep. loved the series personally. enjoyed watching sasami grow up. reminds me of flcl a bit with the apparent randomness and personal growth. anyone else watch the subbed ep with those trollish subs?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 30, 2013 10:30 AM

May 2012
A shitty ending, fitting for the series.
Good thing there were the trollish subs.

1 Ep. was promising, but afterwards it was a mess of cheesy drama and not-so-funny nonsense.
Stick with a genre.
Chracters were pretty horrible too.

4/10
Mar 30, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
Lol im gonna wait for better subs.
Mar 30, 2013 11:05 AM
Sep 2012
Dragon Ball, Goku and Kotoura-san? I think I just got trolled by the subs.

Well that was interesting. Strange, but interesting. My favorite episode is still the onsen one at episode 10. There were some funny moments and the battle scenes were fun to watch - though they were really strange. While not good, it still entertained me enough for this season.

I give this series a 5.4/10, but since MAL only allows whole numbers, I gave it a 6.
IconicMar 30, 2013 12:29 PM
Mar 30, 2013 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
The subs killed it for me, half of the time i have no idea what was going on because i could not understand what they were saying, other than that i still liked watching the show none the less, different from the usual and just had enough randomness that i liked.
Mar 30, 2013 1:42 PM
Dec 2010
Too many holes in the plot, this episode don't explain NOTHING!

4/10
Mar 30, 2013 2:02 PM
Oct 2009
Glad to see I'm not the only one who hated the show. As DawnJ said, it seems to be mainly because of the source material, but I can't be sure as I haven't and certainly never will read the original LN.

It's kind of like the show was hesitating about whether it wanted to be absurd or not, whether to have a storyline or not, whether to (try to) be funny or not, whether to include gore or not...

I just couldn't care about any of the "plot" (when there was one) because of the previous absurd parts, and I couldn't enjoy fully the absurdity because there was too much of a plot! All of the characters were plain and obnoxious, and nothing even gets explain...

And worst of all, it was so boring!!

4/10 (points for catchy opening music and occasional interesting visuals)
Mar 30, 2013 2:40 PM

Jan 2011
Will wait for non-troll subs before rating this episode and final series rating.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 30, 2013 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
We finally get to hear the real ED~

I was just completely puzzled by this ep. I'd say part of it might be the subbers fault though...still quite a strange one 7/10

Mar 30, 2013 4:14 PM

Aug 2011
im lost...so...6/10. The first episode was really good but after that... idk
Mar 30, 2013 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Oh god the troll subs.
"No wonder gg dropped this"
"History will be changed... anyone still reading this?"
Strangest subs ever (but quite funny still).
Mar 30, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2011
What the heavy fuck have I watched? Why have I enjoyed it that much? 10 given, 10 stays. The trollsubs gave more surrealistic atmopshere. Also, I'm really interested about what it REALLY was supposed to be about. The show at whole and the 12 episode, oh well, does it matter?
filas312Mar 30, 2013 5:31 PM
Mar 30, 2013 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao wtf was wrong with subs for this episode, I died laughing "Let's start this Battle of Gods, SSJ5 Goku vs some OP purple cat"

But anyway, damn this episode turned into gore fest in a minute, hearts were being pulled out and shit, glad this show is over, didn't enjoyed it much at all.
Mar 30, 2013 5:40 PM

Mar 2011
Guess my taste is shitty. Lol, I've got to live with that, gonna be fun.
Mar 30, 2013 5:54 PM

Aug 2009
Lol gotta love those troll subs XD atleast they made me laugh so thx for that BasedKubo. Honestly I was mainly confused with this anime, I want to give it a 7, but I feel like that would be unfair to other anime I've rated fairly low just because I didn't understand. It was a fairly entertaining experience still. So 6/10 for me.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 30, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
Im really happy that I got to hear the real ending
The episode was weird maybe subbers fault
well this was great any ways
Mar 30, 2013 9:46 PM

Aug 2012
Troll subs were funny but annoying as well as this episode jumped around more than ever. 6/10 maybe I'll watch it again when we get real subs lol
Mar 31, 2013 12:04 AM

Apr 2012
An occasionally funny show (and those Monogatari nuances in the last arc) stifled too often by contradicting itself. If only it kept up a solid rhythm in its direction. Why SHAFT, why!?
Mar 31, 2013 12:35 AM

May 2012
Crap, I might have to rewatch this horrible episode. Dumb troll subs.
Mar 31, 2013 1:04 AM

Mar 2011
"I can smell salami for miles!"
Mar 31, 2013 1:46 AM
Apr 2010
to whomever wrote this subs: I hate you, you made it pretty clear that you don't feel like translating that episode at all, but crapping all over it was terrible...

you don't want to do it than don't, but doing it like this is horrible, every each site that I know of posted it as a regular episode and now it will be a real headache to find an episode with proper subs...

I know your job isn't easy but do it right or don't do it at all
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the episode was 6/10. but don't get me wrong, it might as well been 9/10 if only I could understand everything they said.

in the last episode when they reveal the villain's plan you can't just translate it to "who would bother read this anyway"
Mar 31, 2013 2:12 AM

May 2010
The subbers mentioned kesha.....so wth..

anyways this could be better with better subs.I am not rewatching the last episode again..Don't have guts for that..8/10:)
Mar 31, 2013 2:19 AM

May 2010
lol the subbers were so ganbaranai.
Mar 31, 2013 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
I was already lost enough by what was apparently going on on-screen, but then the subs had to be goddamn stupid. Why bother subbing it if you don't want to do a good job of it? Even a PROPER job of it? You TOTALLY ruined it. Seriously. I do like this show, no matter how totally weird it got, so having the final episode be not only crazy on its own, but for the subber to do a purposely lazy and awful job REALLY didn't help. Thanks a lot.

Once the episode is PROPERLY subbed, then I'll have to rewatch the ENTIRE thing just to try to understand and appreciate the ending. *sigh*
Mar 31, 2013 4:28 AM

Apr 2011
Just so that you guys know, FFF is still subbing it (why would they stop right before the final episode anyway?) but they announced that because of some issues they have, the subs will be late. That's quite obvious, since the normal time they release Sasami is usually friday! But it will probably be out later this Sunday.
Also, something I REALLY recommend for people who like downloading Anime:
http://www.shanaproject.com/
This collects every Anime that is releaed, much better than Nyaa AND you can create an account and set which shows you want to download AUTOMATICALLY right when it's released. Just connect it with your torrent-software. You'll NEVER have to manually search for anything, you can just enjoy Anime more! Oh, you can even set the desired quality and subbing group and much more.
Really guys, try it!

I will comment on the actual episode when the subs are actually out and I watched it of course. Can't wait for the real ending theme! XD Want it on my phone!!

EDIT: I hope I am actually allowed to post links like that? Sorry, I am not sure now, but this is really useful. If it's not okay, just delete this part I guess...
MikuLove39Mar 31, 2013 4:32 AM
Mar 31, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
well, apparently i also watched the version with the troll subs, but i definitely won't watch it a second time with better subs.

3/10 for the whole show. i just totally disliked it and i wanted to drop it many times. i'm kind of jealous of people who actually enjoyed it.
and i wish i could write a long detailed review about all the things i didn't like and why i disliked them etc, but i was just plainly... bored while watching it.

KevinRammstein said:
This collects every Anime that is releaed, much better than Nyaa AND you can create an account and set which shows you want to download AUTOMATICALLY right when it's released. Just connect it with your torrent-software. You'll NEVER have to manually search for anything, you can just enjoy Anime more! Oh, you can even set the desired quality and subbing group and much more.
Really guys, try it!

oh. i never heard of this site, but what you say sounds pretty cool :o i'll definitely check it out.
Mar 31, 2013 8:47 AM

Mar 2011
Hiabara, nothing to be jealous to those who enjoyed: I dunno why I enjoyed it, I dunno why I gave it 10, I dunno what exactly happened and I dunno why I didn't rate it low for being all over the place. And in the end - I dunno why I lack the willpower to remove that 10.
Mar 31, 2013 9:52 AM

Feb 2011
Rofl , those subs . ("No matter how unfortunate this girl is , she's still making friends , unlike Kotoura-san")

I had to watch these horrible subs since noooobody is subbing it . I lost all my hopes in GG btw .
Mar 31, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
Well as an update for those waiting for the FFF subs; they are definately coming but not before Tuesday (I asked them). So we'll have to wait some more! :-(
But fortunately, there WILL be some subs eventually.
Mar 31, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
Hopefully these won't be troll ones.
Mar 31, 2013 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
filas312 said:
Hopefully these won't be troll ones.

Why should they be troll subs when they subbed the rest of the anime normally?
Mar 31, 2013 1:21 PM

Mar 2011
Who knows.
Mar 31, 2013 7:45 PM

Nov 2009
dakor said:
to whomever wrote this subs: I hate you, you made it pretty clear that you don't feel like translating that episode at all, but crapping all over it was terrible...

you don't want to do it than don't, but doing it like this is horrible, every each site that I know of posted it as a regular episode and now it will be a real headache to find an episode with proper subs...

I know your job isn't easy but do it right or don't do it at all
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the episode was 6/10. but don't get me wrong, it might as well been 9/10 if only I could understand everything they said.

in the last episode when they reveal the villain's plan you can't just translate it to "who would bother read this anyway"

Pretty much this, it annoyed me no end to be stuck with some juvenile subbers thinking they are hilarious.
Mar 31, 2013 9:28 PM

Oct 2010
Ill wait for better subs. -.-
Apr 1, 2013 2:01 AM
Nov 2009
GG's released, downloading now.
Apr 1, 2013 2:02 AM
Sep 2012
Real subs are out for those who can't understand moon. Check your sources.
Apr 1, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2013
7.5/10
It would've been an 8/10 if this ending wasn't so lackluster.
I don't really know what all that was about.
Apr 1, 2013 2:08 AM

Aug 2012
A rather odd show. 6/10
Apr 1, 2013 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
ahmed_great2005 said:
lol the subbers were so ganbaranai.
This is one of the best posts in this thread. OK, I watched it without any English sub but I would say it is really not a good idea to judge a show by any inaccurate subtitle (troll or not). Anyway, I greatly love this show and I really like how it weaves Japanese mythology with modern internet culture with tropes of wincest or yuri etc and still able to tell a good story about a girl's personal growth.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 1, 2013 2:23 AM

Jan 2011
KevinRammstein said:
Really guys, try it!

oh. i never heard of this site, but what you say sounds pretty cool :o i'll definitely check it out.
that site isn't half bad i use it whenever stuff doesn't show up on animetake

as for this show i truly never really understood it..it was just SHAFT being SHAFT which is okay 7/10 for being pure weird.

and who the hell was that red headed squall look like lol guy came out of no where with godlike powers.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

381 by Infrasoul »»
Jan 24, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

68 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:31 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 14, 2013

79 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 7, 2013

49 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 28, 2013

50 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.