Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 28, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2009
Surprisingly the end of this season is pretty good. Now we have to wait a year or less for the next one to come out.
Mar 28, 2013 7:30 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Katsura. I mean he seriously needs to be in a serious situation more in the series
How I love a game
Mar 28, 2013 7:40 AM

Jan 2012
Wouldn't it be great if this was all just a sick April fools joke...
Mar 28, 2013 7:43 AM
Nov 2009
We'll be waiting for it to come back.

Always waiting.

I see that the MAL rating for this has shot back up to #1. This is only appropriate.
Mar 28, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode (>...<)
Now we have to wait a year for the next one to come out.

Mar 28, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2010
Damn that was awesome.

Poor Sadaharu T_T I cried.

And Gintoki just keeps getting more BA every single episode!!! The way he always plays the bad guy. His acting skills are top notch hehe.

The shinsegumi part was hilarious with the mayo XD

Oh and lol at the excuse Katsura didn't appear in the previous arcs. He was still hiding from the kick the can game XDXDXD
Mar 28, 2013 8:10 AM

May 2012
Loved this final episode! (Sadaharu<3333) Hopefully Gintama will be back soon for more episodes!!! I cant live properly without Gintama in my life...

I dont see Enchousen as a stand alone season. I see it more as a extension of ' which makes it an instant 10 - RERUNS BE DAMNED! (If MAL counted those as "new episodes", it'd probably be a 9)

NOW BRING ON THE MOVIE
who_dat_ninjaMar 28, 2013 11:12 AM
Mar 28, 2013 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Zack312 said:
Poor Katsura. I mean he seriously needs to be in a serious situation more in the series

Yes he really does. I'm looking forward to see him in a serious arc in the future.

I'm sad that Gintama ended but, I'm excited for that movie coming out this summer.
Mar 28, 2013 8:39 AM

Jul 2011
So.. this is the end for now, huh? Sadaharu is so adorable... And it was good that we had seen Katsura, he was on the stand-by too much lately.

Well... looking forward to seeing the movie. I'm sure we'll see Gintama as the anime series again, but I miss it already...
Mar 28, 2013 8:42 AM

Aug 2010
NO!!!!!!!!

End again? Only 13 episodes? Fake? XD

Gintama = Best Shounen Ever
Mar 28, 2013 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
aw
Mar 28, 2013 9:53 AM
Aug 2011
I'm crying over dogs.

What the fuck i'm crying over dogs.
Mar 28, 2013 10:14 AM

Mar 2013
I knew it! Zura was on stand by XD I was wondering during the "Gin's past arc" where he was. lol ... standby again.

anyhow, I teared up a little for the episode then cried when it ended. My weekly dosage of Gintama is gone.... again! Gintama's episodes are good as always and I can't wait for the movie to come out.

Here's to waiting for who knows how long for the anime to start up again. *raises glass of alcohol* XD

Mar 28, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2007
Best 13 episode series ever.
Mar 28, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2012
Gin-san truly is one of the most fascinating characters in anime. He seems like such a bastard at times, but he always comes around at the end showing what a good guy he really is. :)

parfaited said:
I'm crying over dogs.

What the fuck i'm crying over dogs.
I think if you DIDN'T cry at dogs being miserable, i think there may be something wrong with you xD
Mar 28, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2013
lol katsura should have been in courtesan of nation arc, it would add to the badassery of the arc :D

man, this ep almost made me cry :/
and i hope the movie wont end the anime gintama D:
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Mar 28, 2013 11:47 AM

May 2008
edwd2 said:
I hope the movie won't be the end for Gintama as a TV Series, the recent gender bender arc seriously needs to be animated XD.
Gender bender arc!? Lmao. <3

Meh, I'll miss my weekly Gintama. :( Go go next season!

Also, Gintama won't stop.. The movie is about the war, right? And the sales for Gintama are superb.. No reason to stop!
Mar 28, 2013 11:53 AM

Feb 2008
8/10.

I liked the arcs.
Mar 28, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2011
Gah. This episode was wonderful. I really do hope that they continue to make the animated series sometime soon. I'd rather have the series instead of a film. Always looked forward to Thursdays. :O
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 28, 2013 12:29 PM

May 2011
Too soon. ;_; Once again, I will miss this show. It was a good run though, had some very awesome arcs for the most part.
Mar 28, 2013 1:11 PM

Dec 2011
Oh, they made this episode so touching!!!

It is good to see Zura again!!! I missed that guy. I love how he commented that he wasn't included in the episodes where Shoyo-sensei is involved.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2013 1:40 PM

Feb 2010
Well, now we have to wait a while before another season of Gintama airs. :/ But hey, this episode was sweet. And I'm going to admit, that puppy is cute!
Mar 28, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2011
At first I was like, really? you're going to make the last episode about a dog running away??
I love animals, but I don't like watching anime about them.

Anyways but it got sweet at the end, I was going to get mad if that puppy had died, but I'm glad it didn.t

Shinpachi is as annoying as ever. Why is he eating dog food? Doesn't he have his own home? I mean his sister works, so she provides money for food. As always he is such a hypocrite.

Not enough Gintama and Kagura this ep, for it to be the last, it's a sin!

And that ended abruptly. WTH. :/

lol at Katsura still waiting there.
Mar 28, 2013 1:51 PM
Mar 2012
I was sheding SUCH BIG TEARS by the middle of the episode. Although it was so damn funny. (Madao, Shinsengumi and Zura, holy crap).

Gintama really is the best. I wonder how the chapter for this episode went on Jump charts.
Mar 28, 2013 1:56 PM
Aug 2011
MoonxArtemis said:

I'm just curious as to why you keep calling Gintoki "Gintama" discussion after discussion.

Not trying to start anything but I had to ask and this is my last chance to say something about it. :x
Mar 28, 2013 2:06 PM

Oct 2010
parfaited said:
MoonxArtemis said:

I'm just curious as to why you keep calling Gintoki "Gintama" discussion after discussion.

Not trying to start anything but I had to ask and this is my last chance to say something about it. :x
It must be hard to remember his name after 265 eps.
Mar 28, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2009
omfg AMAZING EPISODE !!!! ^___^ Sadaharuuu <3 wwww it was soooo <3
I just finally realised that.. Gintoki is real freaking SADIST *o*
now I see why Okita loves him x...x but he really showed up important things which need to be treasured even through hard way :)
this was great !! and ZURAAAAA XDDD omfg crazy fella XD he was waiting again XDD I love he finally apeared !!!! ^^ and Saa-chan and Madao :D lol and Hijikata was killer XDDDD feeding with that thing of Mayonnaise .. poor Sadaharu x...x

10/10 ! amazing art and story and animation and music and atmosphere and episode at all !

and just WORST DAY in 2013. I really hoped they were trolling but it's true it's finished .. x....x it's too short !!! seriously too short :(
and they could continue since from manga they stopped at 410 ch now, and from 412 til last chapter they have 3 full arcs.. they could do more filler episodes like they always did I really miss fillers like this :(((
I finally thought Gintama is back .. it was too short just NO .. :((((
I really can't watch anything now beside Gintama .. feeling like watching old episodes of season 1 and 2 now..

now just waiting for movie.. >__<
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Mar 28, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
An end to a series and a touching episode! ='(

I just hope Sadaharu is aight but what will happen to him now? He's not with the Yorozuya anymore =(

ZURA!!! xD

Enchousen was a hell of a good ride, the arcs were the best of Gintama in my opinion, the Shogun Arc turn into one of my favourite arcs of the series.
10/10

Till we meet again....
skwok-ravenMar 28, 2013 2:58 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 28, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
It ended on a positive note. Nice!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 28, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Zura had me giggling all day... Man i missed him...
Mar 28, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2009
Maor said:
Zura had me giggling all day... Man i missed him...

freaking yeah !! XD I must admit I was laighing like idiot and replying that part of episode at least 7 times :P

really glad they put Zura at this final episode :D
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Mar 28, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2007
This episode reminded me how cute Sadaharu is <3 Too bad the series didn't have more episodic comedy goodness like this :<
Mar 28, 2013 4:54 PM

Aug 2010
okaneman said:
Well the anime catches up very quickly to manga's chapter even with that reruns.. Gintama manga now on 438, and the anime stops at chap 410, so we need to wait for a while then.
Yeah but that's because they only animated the serious arcs, they completely skipped over the chapters that were between these serious arcs. Although I do hope that they'll eventually animate those chapters, some of them are just pure comedy gold! Hopefully a 4th season will be announced, a full one at that, no more reruns between arcs!
Mar 28, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2012
Cute episode. So it this is the end T__T. Hope Gintama will return soon.
Mar 28, 2013 6:14 PM

Jun 2011
Beautiful, just beautiful x3
I still managed not to cry, but I admit this episode really hit me <3 It was so sweet and heart-warming, but also sad :3 Sadaharu really resembles his owners :3 Glad Zura also appeared, I missed him xD
Enchousen had many of these, it was as perfect as always <3 I'll really miss it (despite currently rewatching Gintama xD). And after every Gintama season, the temptation to read the manga is stronger and becomes so hard to resist xD I'll surely end up reading it eventually xD
Now waiting for the movie and for another Gintama season in the future :3
Mar 28, 2013 7:57 PM

Dec 2009
Well I love Gintama as much as always, but I am little disappointed that we only got 13 new episodes this season. I know they announced it would be about half reruns, but I don't think this season deserves the #1 spot on MAL. It's gonna be a long (9 month-ish) wait until the movie gets subbed in high quality :(. I'm gonna miss Gintama!
Mar 28, 2013 8:01 PM

Jun 2007
It was great and all - but I have one complaint. They forced in way too many serious arcs in a row. Gintama doesn't flourish in this fashion, it only has such good dramatic serious touching and sad stuff possible BECAUSE of the fact you get breaks inbetween. Even a short episode break (like Sadaharu's episode) being mixed in would have made it feel better, but I just couldn't give a shit during the final arc after having just finished the previous one. It kinda ruined it somewhat for me because I was already having feels from the prior arc and then the next episode kicks right into another serious one.

Also, all the arcs were far from filled with comedy, which is fine on occasion, but again there were too many STRICTLY SERIOUS arcs in a row here. The only time they tried lightening up the mood was for like a third of the first episode of the obi one arc, and that stopped very suddenly.

Otherwise it was great, sad to see it end.

However them RUSHING through the serious arcs to catch up with the manga and skipping some comedy arcs makes me wonder if the film really will be the finale of the franchise. There's no other real reason for them to have tried so hard to squeeze in every serious arc possible into these 13 episodes other than that as far as I can think of anyway. Many people have been guessing the Gintama manga would come to a close this year as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new film will really be the end of the entire franchise as a whole. I know the title is a parody - but this does NOT mean the movie is going to be a joke, nor does it mean that the title isn't applicable. Actually, the fact it's an obvious parody title makes it seem more like it may be legit and that the 'troll' in this situation is tricking people into assuming it's going to be another 'troll', while really being what it says it is. Gintama does have to end some day, and with where it's at currently I wouldn't be surprised if that some day was very soon.
TallonKarrde23Mar 28, 2013 8:23 PM
Mar 28, 2013 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
Finally they showed Katsura's whereabout, he's still on standby.XD

It was good episode even though ts a story about dog. Just to show that Soraich can make story with any character good.

Gin-san once again act like a bastard but the truth is he is the one who understand people,animals and alien the most.

Its sad that the anime has to end again but it can't be helped, the manga is quite close to the anime.

I'm sure the movie being the ending is just another trolling no matter what they say to convince us otherwise.

Mar 28, 2013 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
I TEARED UP A LITTLE BC OF DOGS. DOGOOOGOOGOSO. Sorachi, i bow down to you.

The anime ended....again T_T Hope it comes back...It's Gintama we're talking about anyways lolool. Now i have to live off of re-runs to fulfill my Gintama desires until it's back. >w> and the manga too. Can I just stay in a corner until the movie comes out? I already miss Gintama. ;A; bebe come baaaacckckckck.

Katsura I missed you and turns out you were on standby again lawls. As always, Gintama is just perfect in all it's glorious ways. c':
Mar 28, 2013 8:50 PM

Nov 2007
TallonKarrde23 said:

However them RUSHING through the serious arcs to catch up with the manga and skipping some comedy arcs makes me wonder if the film really will be the finale of the franchise. There's no other real reason for them to have tried so hard to squeeze in every serious arc possible into these 13 episodes other than that as far as I can think of anyway. Many people have been guessing the Gintama manga would come to a close this year as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new film will really be the end of the entire franchise as a whole. I know the title is a parody - but this does NOT mean the movie is going to be a joke, nor does it mean that the title isn't applicable. Actually, the fact it's an obvious parody title makes it seem more like it may be legit and that the 'troll' in this situation is tricking people into assuming it's going to be another 'troll', while really being what it says it is. Gintama does have to end some day, and with where it's at currently I wouldn't be surprised if that some day was very soon.

Wait people are saying that they think the manga will end this year? Where, who, and why? Sure the Ikkoku Keisei arc did set up the finale for the future but otherwise it seems like it's business as usual in Gintama. Did Sorachi or someone hint at such a thing? Other than the movie I mean.

I do worry about the movie really might be the end of the series, but...even IF the manga ended this year, that's still a year's worth of material that Sunrise would be throwing away, especially when I heard they've already animated some of the future episodes already (I can't confirm this though). Gintama is too popular to throw away like that.
Anyway, I feel pretty confident this is in line with their usual trolling and actually mean saying good bye, for -now-. Or has some people suggested, the "final chapter" is, on top of being a parody, eluding to saying good bye to Gintoki's past and how he wants to be part of Yorozuya forever.
Mar 29, 2013 1:03 AM

Feb 2010
another great season even it was a short one 10/10.
Mar 29, 2013 4:20 AM

Feb 2012
Damn Gintama, almost made me cry again. Sadaharu, you poor little thing. This episode was awesome and so was the season, even though it was a short one, but excellent nevertheless! 10/10 of course.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 29, 2013 7:03 AM

May 2012
That was a great episode.
Mar 29, 2013 7:36 AM

Jun 2011
I'm a bit sad but I'm sure Gintama will return. This Enchousen series was great as expected. However, it would've been nice if there were more random episodes. Still...
Mar 29, 2013 4:40 PM

May 2008
awesome episode glad to see ZURA again...i hope it returns but i doubt it be anytime soon and i hope the manga isn't ending anytime soon anyway enjoyed all these serious arc can't wait for the movie & obviously 10/10 <3 Gintama
Mar 29, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
CookieBun said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Wait people are saying that they think the manga will end this year? Where, who, and why? Sure the Ikkoku Keisei arc did set up the finale for the future but otherwise it seems like it's business as usual in Gintama. Did Sorachi or someone hint at such a thing? Other than the movie I mean.

I do worry about the movie really might be the end of the series, but...even IF the manga ended this year, that's still a year's worth of material that Sunrise would be throwing away, especially when I heard they've already animated some of the future episodes already (I can't confirm this though). Gintama is too popular to throw away like that.
Anyway, I feel pretty confident this is in line with their usual trolling and actually mean saying good bye, for -now-. Or has some people suggested, the "final chapter" is, on top of being a parody, eluding to saying good bye to Gintoki's past and how he wants to be part of Yorozuya forever.

If its gintama assume you're being trolled until you absolutely 120% proven otherwise and if that happens... Ill start reading sket dance ( ._.)
Mar 29, 2013 6:02 PM
Jan 2009
so someone explain to me why gintama ended??
Mar 29, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2011
g-man01 said:
so someone explain to me why gintama ended??

Because, there are not more episodes.

No more episodes=end.
Mar 29, 2013 8:32 PM

Dec 2009
I'm giving this show a 9/10.

I love the serious arcs, but the blend with the comedic episodes is what makes Gintama a masterpiece anime altogether. Which sadly this season was lacking (I don't include re-runs, since I skipped them).

And if they do plan to make a season four, hopefully it will be in two years time. I reckon thats the best time to continue the anime. Long wait, but it will definitely be worth it.
Mar 29, 2013 10:01 PM
May 2012
Golden Episode xD is their anything else that really needs to be said?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

202 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 31, 2013

148 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.