Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Mar 18 - 25

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 26, 2013 9:05 PM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Could someone post temporal sales ranking of this season shows? I mean ranking of total maximal(like dtshyk did) or average by volume numbers with place.
I will post it after the full data of the week is out. Putting Tamako as having sold 6xx discs while in fact it must have sold several times more can look very misguiding, even if I put a disclaimer there (as it can often be ignored or forgotten).

I think it'd be better if you posted the averages of the season anime rather than Vol 1 totals. It can get very misleading as well, since Vol 1 totals can vary wildly from how an anime will do over its BD/DVD run, with Magi as a recent example in the Fall season. Also, maybe have the 10k line and the Manabi line so that it is easier to sort out the best sellers, from the moderate sellers and the bombs for newcomers.

Or possibly averages and Vol 1 totals on one list as a guideline of how the anime are actually doing with it sorted out by average totals by how 2ch sorts out the best sellers every season.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 26, 2013 9:09 PM
Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Could someone post temporal sales ranking of this season shows? I mean ranking of total maximal(like dtshyk did) or average by volume numbers with place.

Here is the current list I got from another forum. This is averages by the way.
18,429 Love Live
*7,562 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
*5,117 Aikatsu
*2,773 GJ-Bu
*1,942 The UNLIMITED
**,860 Hakkenden
**,715 Aimaimai
**,667 Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2
**,617 Tamako Market

Expect Hakkenden, ZKC, Da Capo, Maoyuu and Tamako to go up when the full list is up. Is Aikatsu winter by the way? I thought it was autumn?

bippoMar 26, 2013 9:13 PM
Mar 26, 2013 9:59 PM

Apr 2012
Nice to see Psycho Pass and Kuroko No Basket doing well. Better check out Gundam UC then.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 27, 2013 12:16 AM

Nov 2007
GaruPan update on Amazon:

v2 LE BD status changed from "Usually in stock within 6 to 7 days" to "Available from these sellers" as v1 currently is. It was a question of when this would happen... will the stock at HMV end up being targeted next?

v3 LE BD status changed from "In stock on April 12, 2013" to "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months". This is sort of getting out of hand now, lol.

That encore LE pressing is needed now more than ever!
EjcMar 27, 2013 12:23 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 27, 2013 12:49 AM
Sep 2012
Ejc said:
will the stock at HMV end up being targeted next?

Isn't the vol.2LE copies on amazonjp just a resale? So i don't think vol.2LE isn't in stock anymore.
Mar 27, 2013 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
bippo said:
Ejc said:
will the stock at HMV end up being targeted next?

Isn't the vol.2LE copies on amazonjp just a resale? So i don't think vol.2LE isn't in stock anymore.

We consider it out of stock when amazon.co.jp isn't listed on the sellers list on Amazon. Once more resellers find out that that stock is gone... prices will naturally increase as what happened with v1. That means any other prospective buyers will have only other retailers and HMV to buy v2 at a price lower than what the resellers are selling for.
Mar 27, 2013 3:43 AM

Nov 2007
Oricon Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Daily Ranking for Mar 26 (pre-release day for Mar 27 releases).

It may be a bit too early to draw conclusions from 1 day of charting. But some things that can be observed:

Hanagai NEXT is sitting between Little Busters! and Steins;Gate BD Box. If the Stalker estimate for Steins;Gate is close to the actual sales and using LB! v3 sales as a guideline... Hanagai might have sold 5~8k.

If the Stalker estimate is again accurate for Steins;Gate... then ViviPan, Minami-ke are sitting below 5k. If they have a storefront effect, then they may rank better on Mar 27.

Magi is noticeably absent from both DVD and BD ranks.

DVD Daily
*25 *26 *27 *28 *29 *30 *31  週
*** *11 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gintama' Enchousen 2
*** *16 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | SAO 6
**2 *26 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6
**5 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas 9
**7 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's SLE
*28 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | ONE PIECE Episode of Luffy ~Hand Island no Bouken~
*29 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo

BD Daily
*** **1 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | SAO 6
*** **6 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 4
*** **7 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Little Busters! 4
*** **8 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hanagai NEXT 1
*** **9 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Steins;Gate BD Box
*** *11 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | ViviPan 1
*** *12 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4
*** *15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Urusei Yatsura BD Box 1
*** *16 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Dog Days' 6
*** *17 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Puchimas! -Petit Idolmaster- 1
*** *18 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Minami-ke Tadaima 1
**2 *20 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 LE
**1 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's SLE
**3 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Love Live! 1
**4 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 RE
**5 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Horizon II 7
**6 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas 9
**7 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | GaruPan 3
*10 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Chu2koi! 4
*11 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's LE
*12 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | PSYCHO-PASS 4
*18 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Total Eclipse 7
*20 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hakkenden -Touhou Hakken Ibun- 1
EjcMar 27, 2013 4:19 AM
Mar 27, 2013 3:53 AM
Sep 2012
AKB BD at 2nd place have been predicted 14k.
KARA BD at 5th place have been predicted at 10k. That means TLRD, LB, Haganai is below 10k on the first day.
Mar 27, 2013 6:21 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
bippo said:
Is Aikatsu winter by the way? I thought it was autumn?

Aikatsu is fall, it just was released very late. First volume is also super discounted. Seitokai no Ichizon is Fall '12 as well, the broader airing was outside of niconico in Winter.

There is even a fall v1 release this week I think: Wooser and I know it sold at least one ;)
Mar 27, 2013 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
I think it'd be better if you posted the averages of the season anime rather than Vol 1 totals. It can get very misleading as well, since Vol 1 totals can vary wildly from how an anime will do over its BD/DVD run, with Magi as a recent example in the Fall season.
I know what you mean, but season average takes a long time to complete and it is a lot more work to do as well. I don't think I could oblige with the suggestion, even though I know it is perhaps a better reflection of a series' performance. Still vol.1 performance ranking is quick to establish and it is also what the Sales Thread people in Japan use for quick review of performance by anime in the same season. I think I would stick to the vol.1 chart now.
Ejc said:

Also, maybe have the 10k line and the Manabi line so that it is easier to sort out the best sellers, from the moderate sellers and the bombs for newcomers.
That I can do.

===

For Daily Sales Ranking data from yesterday, the key thing to note is the absence of Magi, which is quite a surprise. We know it will not preform well, but it is still a shock to see it not ranked at all. As for ViviPan, if the shift to storefront is real, I expect it to jump up significantly in position tomorrow. Haganai is doing well as expected. So the three top this season are still the same three: Love Live, ViviPan, Haganai2. The question is still what is the 4th for the usual TOP FOUR slots (in terms of seasonal average): OreShura? Minamike4? Or even MaoYuu? For TOP FOUR short anime is usually not counted, otherwise I would say Yama no Susume would have a strong claim for the slot.
symbvMar 27, 2013 8:02 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 27, 2013 9:13 AM
Jan 2013
Tamako market getting poor sales? No surprise there. Kyoani doing original animation always fails.

Reason for this failure? Simply - boring. That's actually good enough reason at least for me, since I had exact same boredom when I watched Nichijou, too. Lacks good characters, lacks their development, lacks plot, lacks everything.

annnnnnnd gotta watch love live NAW.
Mar 27, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2009
This is the strongest I've seen the markets in months.
Mar 27, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2008
all hail unicorn gundam and when the heel did 2
Dragon Ball Z Movie: Kami to Kami "Hero -Kibou no Uta- came out ?
Mar 27, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2012
Kitchiri said:
Tamako market getting poor sales? No surprise there. Kyoani doing original animation always fails.
No surprise maybe, but your comment needs to be put into perspective as well.

For all the years of KyoAni's existence, it did just one original TV series before Tamako which was SoraAge (if we count OVA as well, we have Munto) so the sample size is small. Besides, Chu2byo is almost like an original because it changes almost everything from the original LN besides the names and a few of the basic settings (and then the original LN is so obscure that there is no LN fan base to speak of).

Also even though Tamako looks like a failure, how much of a "no surprise" there is is still an open question -- if Tamako indeed sold only 6xx copies, then it is still a big surprise given the fame of the studio and the fact that there is no obvious technical quality issue or controversy surrounding the anime. So the size of failure can still spring surprise, and we are interested to see how it will go.
symbvMar 27, 2013 9:58 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 28, 2013 3:14 AM

Nov 2007
Oricon Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Daily Ranking for Mar 27.

Magi finally appears on the DVD ranking. Can't really judge how it might sell with it only having charted once so far and not really having anything else to judge it against with the rankings. Still absent from the BD ranking.

Hanagai next is still below Little Busters!, lower than yesterday... so maybe 8k might be a bit too much for the upper limit. I have no idea what the lower limit could be with Steins;Gate BD-Box dropping like a rock on release day...

ViviPan stays the same with possibly the storefront effect holding it up.

On a side note... GaruPan v2 is also out of stock on HMV (It was at 1st for Anime BD/DVD and 13th for all things on HMV around 7hrs ago). That means it can't rise much higher in number until if the encore LE pressing goes ahead or until May (when the RE BD is released). Of course, they'll still be buyers on Amazon for v2... but if the resellers price goes higher and higher, it'll eventually end up like v1.

v3 is also out of stock on HMV, which was also pretty quick. Status has been revised down on Amazon to, "Usually ships within 5 to 6 days".

DVD Daily
**2 *26 *12 *** *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6
*** *16 *13 *** *** *** *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *11 *14 *** *** *** *** | -- | Gintama' Enchousen 2
*** *** *15 *** *** *** *** | -- | Magi 4
*** *** *21 *** *** *** *** | -- | AMNESIA 1
**5 *** *23 *** *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas 9
*28 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | ONE PIECE Episode of Luffy ~Hand Island no Bouken~

BD Daily
*** **1 **1 *** *** *** *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *** **6 *** *** *** *** | -- | gdgdFairies 1
*** **7 **7 *** *** *** *** | -- | Little Busters! 4
**1 *** **8 *** *** *** *** | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's SLE
**2 *20 **9 *** *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 LE
*** **8 *10 *** *** *** *** | -- | Hanagai NEXT 1
*** *11 *11 *** *** *** *** | -- | ViviPan 1
*** *16 *12 *** *** *** *** | -- | Dog Days' 6
*** **6 *13 *** *** *** *** | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 4
*** *17 *14 *** *** *** *** | -- | Puchimas! -Petit Idolmaster- CE 1
*** *12 *15 *** *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4
*** *** *17 *** *** *** *** | -- | Puchimas! -Petit Idolmaster- LE 1
**4 *** *18 *** *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 RE
**3 *** *19 *** *** *** *** | -- | Love Live! 1
*** **9 *20 *** *** *** *** | -- | Steins;Gate BD Box
EjcMar 28, 2013 4:07 AM
Mar 28, 2013 3:51 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
I think it'd be better if you posted the averages of the season anime rather than Vol 1 totals. It can get very misleading as well, since Vol 1 totals can vary wildly from how an anime will do over its BD/DVD run, with Magi as a recent example in the Fall season.
I know what you mean, but season average takes a long time to complete and it is a lot more work to do as well. I don't think I could oblige with the suggestion, even though I know it is perhaps a better reflection of a series' performance. Still vol.1 performance ranking is quick to establish and it is also what the Sales Thread people in Japan use for quick review of performance by anime in the same season. I think I would stick to the vol.1 chart now.

That is quite understandable. The amount of work reason is quite valid... and also jmal does do this already... when the full list data is out. I was thinking of an average list right after the preliminary list data is out, but then that would still not be such a good representation, since it is possibly missing vital data from the full list.

I was just thinking of the newcomers who just glance at the first post with the data and the second post with the Vol.1 chart and don't read through the whole thread or check back for the full list data. Also those people who don't know about jmal's Mania thread. Well, the Vol. 1 chart is satisfactory I guess.

You already do a lot of work getting the preliminary list out on MAL in a timely manner and also doing all that linking to their DB pages and everything :P

symbv said:
Ejc said:

Also, maybe have the 10k line and the Manabi line so that it is easier to sort out the best sellers, from the moderate sellers and the bombs for newcomers.
That I can do.

Cool, that was one thing that was missing (that I think is very insightful) from previous editions of this thread :)

===

symbv said:
For Daily Sales Ranking data from yesterday, the key thing to note is the absence of Magi, which is quite a surprise. We know it will not preform well, but it is still a shock to see it not ranked at all. As for ViviPan, if the shift to storefront is real, I expect it to jump up significantly in position tomorrow. Haganai is doing well as expected. So the three top this season are still the same three: Love Live, ViviPan, Haganai2. The question is still what is the 4th for the usual TOP FOUR slots (in terms of seasonal average): OreShura? Minamike4? Or even MaoYuu? For TOP FOUR short anime is usually not counted, otherwise I would say Yama no Susume would have a strong claim for the slot.

I think it may be OreShura. Minami-ke isn't doing as well as I would've liked. This however depends if OreShura shows any significant drop from v2 onwards.

jmal said:
symbv said:
Ejc said:
I know what you mean, but season average takes a long time to complete and it is a lot more work to do as well. I don't think I could oblige with the suggestion, as much as I know it is perhaps a better reflection of a series' performance.

Anyone who wants to check out current average sales can see them for 2005-2012 here. It is indeed a lot of work because you have to keep track of the totals for every volume, and watch out for monthly/yearly ranking adjustments and all that. I don't think symbv needs to reproduce all that effort if it's done (besides the list I do, you can also get it from DVDBD Wiki, though that's in Japanese).

I haven't done 2013 yet because there's no point doing a list of averages when there's only one volume of anything out. The average of one volume is identical to the volume one list. =P

It's not updated every single week necessarily but probably ~3 times a month, and 2012 was updated this morning. It's not split out by season because that would be fairly tedious reproduction of work and you can just do a ctrl+f and highlight on "winter", "spring", "summer", or "fall" and it'll pick out the respective seasons. Also includes a volume count and DVD vs BD breakdown for dual format releases.

Yep that's true. I don't know what I was thinking yesterday haha. You already do this on the Mania thread... so it'll be doubling up on work, when symbv could be working on something else.

I would've expect many updates since it would've been that useful to update after the preliminary list. It would be more useful after the full list data is posted. I frequently look at the lists you've made on the Mania thread. I just can't imagine how much work you've put in to compiling all that data in a easy to read format. Really nice work tbh.

I think i'm posting way too much now. I never used to do this before until I started following sales when the SAO anime started airing last July xD
EjcMar 28, 2013 3:55 AM
Mar 28, 2013 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
Ejc said:
On a side note... GaruPan v2 is also out of stock on HMV (It was at 1st for Anime BD/DVD and 13th for all things on HMV around 7hrs ago). That means it can't rise much higher in number until if the encore LE pressing goes ahead or until May (when the RE BD is released). Of course, they'll still be buyers on Amazon for v2... but if the resellers price goes higher and higher, it'll eventually end up like v1.
Encore pressing is going to be from Bandai Visual's online store and made for the specific amount of orders. BV never reported the first true tears BD-Box info to Oricon, so I doubt it'll be added to the totals. RE data will be though.
Mar 28, 2013 6:40 AM

Sep 2012
^ It is true that the twitter of GirlPan said that they are studying the option of selling through Bandai Visual Club with represses based on orders placed within a limited period. However, they also said that they will release the full details of how the repress will run around one week later. I am interested to see what how they would finally decide how to do the encore pressing - perhaps there will be other channels of sales as well.
symbvMar 28, 2013 6:46 AM

Mar 28, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Oricon Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Daily Ranking for Mar 27.
Magi finally appears on the DVD ranking. Can't really judge how it might sell with it only having charted once so far and not really having anything else to judge it against with the rankings. Still absent from the BD ranking.
Hanagai next is still below Little Busters!, lower than yesterday... so maybe 8k might be a bit too much for the upper limit. I have no idea what the lower limit could be with Steins;Gate BD-Box dropping like a rock on release day...
ViviPan stays the same with possibly the storefront effect holding it up.
Some comments:

- Finally Magi made an appearance but looked way too weak. Not sure if its absence in BD ranking is because of the high threshold - the previous vol Magi sold 3.7k of BD so if the threshold is as high as this week it will not going to rank in the Top20 and will need to wait for the full list later in the week.

- gdgd fairies appears much stronger than expected at #6 - but perhaps it is because it is the only title that is released neither on the 27th nor the 29th, the two dates where there are lots of titles released, thus avoiding the competition.Still Stalker projection puts it only at 1.2k and it is still amazing how its sale on the pre-release date (27th) is above so many titles including Little Busters, Haganai2 and ViviPan on their release date. Kind of make you wonder what happens here.

- Now the previous volume of Little Busters sold around 8k for BD and its sales seems to hold rather consistently, so you are probably right in thinking Hagani2 will not sell as high as 8k.

- ViviPan shows almost no storefront effect. Perhaps not all the ranking drop is due to orders moved to storefront; perhaps there have been really some significant drop in orders. Dog Days sold around 4.8k for its previous volume and its sales is also rather consistent so far, so ViviPan may be really selling at Stalker projection's 5.4k, or perhaps a bit more, like 6k but perhaps 7k is its max. Quite disappointing.

- As for GirlPan, the boost from the airing of the last episode is significant. At one point vol.3,4,5 and 6 all made into the TOP 10 of the BD ranking (all genres) in Amazon. Now the question among fans is whether the first week sales for these later volumes will come significantly higher than the first week sales of the early volumes (seems likely) and if so by how much. Can it make even beyond 30k in the first week?

- Last but not Least, OreShura vol.2 nowhere to be seen !!!
symbvMar 28, 2013 11:59 AM

Mar 28, 2013 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
^ Actually I am not worried too much about its DVD sales. I am more concerned whether its BD will rank in the BD top20 list, and from what I see, probably it won't and we will need to wait until the full list comes out.

Mar 28, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
As for BD, Tuesday thresholds above 4k are rare (though possible with UC and Nanoha hogging spots), and if it doesn't even sell that much it's in some serious trouble considering v2+ will probably drop.
This is what I fear may have happened to Magi. Minamike4 may also do just between 3k to 4k and Magi seems to be doing worse than that. It sold 3.7k of BD for its previous volume in the first week. Perhaps this time it may be doing even less.

Mar 28, 2013 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Magi BD was only 2.4k last time, it's DVD that was 3.7k. So it makes sense Minami-ke is ahead of it on BD.
Ah, I flipped the DVD and BD sales data for Magi v3 and I did not realize it. No wonder I got puzzled about Magi's BD sales drop in v4. Of course if it sold 2.4k BD for v3, v4 will probably not rank at all in the Daily BD Ranking for this week.

Mar 28, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
- As for GirlPan, the boost from the airing of the last episode is significant. At one point vol.3,4,5 and 6 all made into the TOP 10 of the BD ranking (all genres) in Amazon. Now the question among fans is whether the first week sales for these later volumes will come significantly higher than the first week sales of the early volumes (seems likely) and if so by how much. Can it make even beyond 30k in the first week?

I think a more appropriate question is if they can keep up with a 30k 1st week if that were to happen? They've had a hard time (maybe a tiny bit more than v2) in keeping up with demand for v3 this time around I think.
Mar 28, 2013 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
Great to see Gundam UC on top as expected.

I guess Tamako Market can be considered a disappointment since it did terrible.
Mar 28, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
symbv said:

I think a more appropriate question is if they can keep up with a 30k 1st week if that were to happen? They've had a hard time (maybe a tiny bit more than v2) in keeping up with demand for v3 this time around I think.

All I know is I am glad I already preordered them so I am high in the queue and I have to remind myself not to cancel and recreate any of those orders or I will lose my spot.
Mar 28, 2013 8:50 AM
Sep 2012
Tamako feels like Denpa Onna all over again...

6k! It crossed 6k!

Now its 4k! It crossed 4k!

You can't just possibly ignore the people who take the sales of their favorite shows seriously. It is too interesting regardless of media.

That aside, there is seriously no show this winter that can at least match with LoveLive from the looks of it. Vividred perhaps?
bippoMar 28, 2013 8:54 AM
Mar 28, 2013 9:14 AM
Jul 2012
Hmm psycho-pass bluray sales seems to do well
Mar 28, 2013 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
Ejc said:
Hikarusuke said:
Great to see Gundam UC on top as expected.

I guess Tamako Market can be considered a disappointment since it did terrible.

TamakoMa actually sold 4137 this week (with the additional data from the Top 100 BD list). So it is above average in sales. Of course it has done a lot worse than its pre-season prediction of 10k+.

4137 isn't bad I guess it will get 10k total by the time all the volumes come out.
Mar 28, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2008
Wait, how the heck is Love Live selling with Idolm@ster numbers (counting the game sales with vols containing G4U)? it's good news but I'm shocked it could sell that well

Mar 28, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
jmal said:
Hoppy said:
Wait, how the heck is Love Live selling with Idolm@ster numbers (counting the game sales with vols containing G4U)? it's good news but I'm shocked it could sell that well

I guess it helps that nobody is buying anything else released this season... it seems to be the only show that caught on in any real way. The whole μ's idol group also seems to have gone over rather well, which set the stage before the anime aired.

As for iDOLM@STER, that averaged 25k. I think Love Live could get close to that with v1, but it's not yet clear how v2+ will do.

This season must have been dismal compared to other seasons, now I wonder how Vividred will fare.

Mar 28, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
New additions: here
Full weekly list: here
Not sure if symbv was planning to do this as well, but the full list is up.
So this week's full list is earlier than usual, coming up even before Japan turned Friday, and I am sure it has nothing to do with Easter (as there is no holiday for Easter there). Interesting. Anyway, I guess I would just put up the Preliminary Vol.1 Sales Ranking List. Anybody who is interested to see the full lists can check the links quote above (thanks to jmal).

bippo said:
That aside, there is seriously no show this winter that can at least match with LoveLive from the looks of it. Vividred perhaps?
I can venture out to assert that there is almost zero chance that any show this season can beat Love Live. It is that far ahead in the sales race. By the current trend, and assuming its last episode is a well-received one (the last episode aired has absolutely stopped the momentum of its rise in sales ranking for all the BD volumes), the final count can even see it outselling its nearest rival by factor of 3 to 1. It is this overwhelming.

Anyway, the Vol.1 ranking for 2013 Winter season:

2013 Winter Preliminary First Volume Sales

Key: Total - # Weeks Charted - Title - Format - Release Date
18,429 *1 Love Live! [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/22
------ 10,000 Line ------
*7,562 *3 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru [DVD+BD]: 2013/02/27
*4,281 *1 Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20
*4,137 *1 Tamako Market [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20
---- Manabi Line (2899) ----
*2,773 *2 GJ-bu [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/06
*2,710 *1 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20
*2,380 *1 Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/22
*2,018 *1 D.C.III ~Da Capo III~ [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20
**,715 *1 Ai Mai Mii [DVD]: 2013/03/22

========
**,*** ** AKB0048 Next Stage [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/27
**,*** ** Amnesia [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** Cuticle Tantei Inaba [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** Minami-ke Tadaima [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** Puchimas! -Petit iDOLM@STER- [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** Sasami-san@Ganbaranai [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** Senran Kagura [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** Vividred Operation [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/27
**,*** ** gdgdFairies (season 2) [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/28
**,*** ** Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? [DVD+BD]: 2012/03/29
**,*** ** Kotoura-san [DVD+BD]: 2012/04/03
**,*** ** Ore no Imouto wa Oosaka Okan [BD]: 2012/04/19
**,*** ** Hetalia The Beautiful World [DVD]: 2012/04/24
**,*** ** Senyuu. [DVD+BD]: 2012/04/24
**,*** ** Mangirl! [BD]: 2012/05/24
**,*** ** Yama no Susume [BD]: 2012/05/24
symbvMar 28, 2013 10:42 AM

Mar 28, 2013 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
The earliest I've ever seen the full lists is about 9:15AM EST, or 10:15AM JST (well depending on daylight savings here in the US). The past few weeks it had been more than a day later, but I guess the person posting it was on top of things today. I think it's all a matter of whether they post it before going to sleep or not.
Yeah, as established and reputable Oricon is, they can get quite sloppy when it comes updating the full week's list on time - amazing particularly since Japan is supposed to be quite serious about punctuality.

jmal said:
*1,942 *1 Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke [DVD+BD]: 2013/03/20

This sold 4,281 with BDs. I wonder how much it'll drop after the event ticket. Doesn't look too good on Stalker for v2+.
Thanks for spotting the error. I have corrected it. I remember thinking how The Unlimited seemed that it would sell around equal number of BDs and DVDs according to the Stalker, but I forgot all this by the time I compiled the vol.1 ranking...
symbvMar 28, 2013 10:45 AM

Mar 28, 2013 4:52 PM
Jan 2011
symbv said:
27, **,657 *,***,657 One Piece: Episode of Luffy - regular edition
29, **,617 *,***,617 Tamako Market vol.1
(cut-off 613)

I love how there's only 28 entries on this list, but Tamako Market gets 29th anyways, just about the cut line.

Let this be you another lesson KyoAni. Don't do originals, because you suck at it, while you do make the best adaptions.
Mar 28, 2013 5:16 PM
Jan 2013
symbv said:
For all the years of KyoAni's existence, it did just one original TV series before Tamako which was SoraAge (if we count OVA as well, we have Munto) so the sample size is small. Besides, Chu2byo is almost like an original because it changes almost everything from the original LN besides the names and a few of the basic settings (and then the original LN is so obscure that there is no LN fan base to speak of).
Chu2byo being 'almost original' doesn't really have any significance. Look at K-ON and see how much its atmosphere changed compared to original manga. The basis, concept and characters are still not their own. What I'm seeing in Tamako market is failing to establish main concept, showing their inability to produce good original series.

Also even though Tamako looks like a failure, how much of a "no surprise" there is is still an open question -- if Tamako indeed sold only 6xx copies, then it is still a big surprise given the fame of the studio and the fact that there is no obvious technical quality issue or controversy surrounding the anime. So the size of failure can still spring surprise, and we are interested to see how it will go.
Nichijou.

and I don't look at amazon stalker any more so yeah. I just thought that it is no selling material.
Mar 28, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
Kitchiri said:
Chu2byo being 'almost original' doesn't really have any significance. Look at K-ON and see how much its atmosphere changed compared to original manga. The basis, concept and characters are still not their own.
Compared to K-On, Chu2byo is much looser in adaptation. The whole drama part was made up in the anime. Two out of 4 main characters were original in anime. The personality and background of Mori Summer and Isshiki are vastly different. Calling it "not having any significance" is a gross underestimation of the original contents put in the anime.

Kitchiri said:
Nichijou.
Selling like Nichijou and selling just 6xx copies are surprises on a completely different level -- that is my point.

Mar 29, 2013 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
Hyouka and JoJo appears in today's list (for sales yesterday). Both look strong, particularly JoJo.
Also:
- Mondaiji also appears. #9 looks not bad.
- Magi disappears already!
- GirlPan v2 (NOT v3) comes out of nowhere

DVD Daily
*25 *26 *27 *28 *29 *30 *31 
*** *** *** *11 *** *** *** | -- | JoJo 3
**2 *26 *12 *19 *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6
*** *** *** *20 *** *** *** | -- | Hanayaka-nari, WagaIchizoku OVA v2 of 2
*** *11 *14 *21 *** *** *** | -- | Gintama' Enchousen 2
*** *16 *13 *23 *** *** *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *** *** *25 *** *** *** | -- | Hyouka 10
**5 *** *23 *27 *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas 9
*** *** *21 *30 *** *** *** | -- | AMNESIA 1
*** *** *15 *** *** *** *** | -- | Magi 4

BD Daily
*** *** *** **1 *** *** *** | -- | JoJo 3
*** *** *** **2 *** *** *** | -- | Hyouka 10
*** **1 **1 **4 *** *** *** | -- | SAO 6
**1 *** **8 **5 *** *** *** | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's SLE
*** *** *** **9 *** *** *** | -- | Mondaiji 1
*** **7 **7 *10 *** *** *** | -- | Little Busters! 4
**2 *20 **9 *11 *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 LE
*** *** *** *12 *** *** *** | -- | Another BD Box
*** **8 *10 *13 *** *** *** | -- | Hanagai NEXT 1
*** *11 *11 *14 *** *** *** | -- | ViviPan 1
*** **6 *13 *15 *** *** *** | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 4
*** *16 *12 *16 *** *** *** | -- | Dog Days' 6
**4 *** *18 *17 *** *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 RE
**3 *** *19 *18 *** *** *** | -- | Love Live! 1
*** *12 *15 *19 *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4
*** *** *** *20 *** *** *** | -- | GirlPan 2

Mar 29, 2013 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:

GirlPan v2 now sold out at Amazon. Was 3 in stock a little while ago, now only used from ¥ 7,350

GirlPan v1 is still sold out, used only from ¥ 13,980

GirlPan v3 usually ships in 5-6 days.

Crazy! I love the show, just love it and have all 3 discs so far but wow...
Mar 30, 2013 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
hpulley said:
symbv said:

GirlPan v2 now sold out at Amazon. Was 3 in stock a little while ago, now only used from ¥ 7,350

GirlPan v1 is still sold out, used only from ¥ 13,980

GirlPan v3 usually ships in 5-6 days.

Crazy! I love the show, just love it and have all 3 discs so far but wow...

GaruPan v2 was out of stock sometime on Mar 27. Those 3 in stock may have been residue stock or just from a reseller. Well we now know it is almost in the state that v1 is in. 14k minimum vs 9,380 minimum for new. It also went out on stock in the afternoon of Mar 28 on HMV... so maybe that may have contributed to allowing GaruPan v2 to rank at #20 on Mar 28.

v3's days are numbered as it is out of stock at HMV too on the same day v2 went out of stock there.
EjcMar 30, 2013 3:10 AM
Mar 30, 2013 3:38 AM

Nov 2007
Oricon Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Daily Ranking for Mar 29.

Magi appears back on DVD, 2 days after release.

OreShura v2 has finally appeared, 2 days after release. I assume OreShura could have sold 2.5k+ (lower limit) since it has ranked at least once, with Magi's zero on BD. That's if Magi hasn't dropped much further in v4 compared to v3.

GaruPan v2 disappears, which makes it all the likely that the HMV sales from Mar 27 ~1PM/Mar 28 ~1PM (orders after 1PM are delivered the next day/before 1PM on the same day) had some influence combined with some of the sales from Amazon.

DVD Daily
**2 *26 *12 *19 *13 *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6
*** *11 *14 *21 *17 *** *** | -- | Gintama' Enchousen 2
*** *** *** *11 *18 *** *** | -- | JoJo 3
*** *16 *13 *23 *20 *** *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *** *15 *** *25 *** *** | -- | Magi 4

BD Daily
*** *** *** **1 **1 *** *** | -- | JoJo 3
*** **1 **1 **4 **3 *** *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *** *** **2 **4 *** *** | -- | Hyouka 10
**2 *20 **9 *11 **6 *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 LE
*** *12 *15 *19 **8 *** *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4
**1 *** **8 **5 **9 *** *** | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's SLE
*** **7 **7 *10 *12 *** *** | -- | Little Busters! 4
*** *16 *12 *16 *13 *** *** | -- | Dog Days' 6
*** **6 *13 *15 *14 *** *** | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 4
*** **8 *10 *13 *15 *** *** | -- | Hanagai NEXT 1
*** *11 *11 *14 *16 *** *** | -- | ViviPan 1
**4 *** *18 *17 *17 *** *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 RE
*** *** *** *** *18 *** *** | -- | OreShura 2
**3 *** *19 *18 *20 *** *** | -- | Love Live! 1
EjcMar 30, 2013 3:50 AM
Mar 30, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2012
^ Additional observations:

- ViviPan is still under Hanganai. On the other hand, Dog Days' finally edges ahead of both ToLoveRu Darkness and Haganai.

- Hidamari rises A LOT yesterday.

- Mondaiji disappears after just one day. I wonder how long OreShura will last...

Mar 30, 2013 3:58 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
^ Additional observations:

- Mondaiji disappears after just one day. I wonder how long OreShura will last...

Mondaiji is a Mar 29 release. It would have been expected to rank on release day, had it sold really strongly... yet OreShura was the one which ranked 2 days after its release. Yes, I question if OreShura could rank again on Mar 30/31... but there aren't any new releases on Mar 30/31, so it could squeeze in another day. That's if OreShura v2 sells close to its v1 4k 1st week sales (hopefully).
Mar 30, 2013 4:10 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
but there aren't any new releases on Mar 30/31, so it could squeeze in another day. That's if OreShura v2 sells close to its v1 4k 1st week sales (hopefully).
If I am to take a guess, I would say v2 will sell 3k at maximum, probably less. But who knows? It may be just another title that is massively off from the Stalker projection.

Mar 30, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
*6, 18,429 18,429 Love Live! School Idol Project vol.1

HOLY SMOKES!!! Love Live is doing better than I thought.

No surprised... Tamako is a complete fail. Why the hell would you make a talking bird the star of a show... fail fail fail. ;(
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 30, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
Meruru_Arls said:
No surprised... Tamako is a complete fail. Why the hell would you make a talking bird the star of a show... fail fail fail. ;(
You are not using the most updated data though. Check: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=576081&show=160#msg20976079

Mar 30, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2010
symbv said:

*8, 10,933 10,933 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.4
10, *9,242 *9,242 Kuroko no Basket vol.9

Go Chuuni. <3 I really hope we will get a SO2. Also, Kuroko forever!
Mar 31, 2013 3:08 AM

Nov 2007
Oricon Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Daily Ranking for Mar 30.

Hanagai NEXT continues to rank under Little Busters! but quite close to To Love-Ru Darkness. Probably 7~8k 1st week on BD.

ViviPan is probably in the range of 6~7k 1st week BD, being also around To Love-Ru Darkness, but ranking much lower on pre-release day than Hanagai did.

SAO already wrestles the Top ranking off JoJo. JoJo will probably be around 11~12k 1st week on BD.

Magi has now ranked again on DVD which improves its likelihood of not dropping significantly from the v3 1st week. It has not ranked at all on BD so it may have dropped or the thresholds may be too high this week.

AKB0048, Senran Kagura, Cuticle Tantei Inaba and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai have yet to appear in the rankings... which doesn't bode well for them.

DVD Daily
**2 *26 *12 *19 *13 *13 *** | -- | Gundam UC 6
*** *16 *13 *23 *20 *20 *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *11 *14 *21 *17 *21 *** | -- | Gintama' Enchousen 2
*** *** *** *11 *18 *25 *** | -- | JoJo 3
*** *** *15 *** *25 *29 *** | -- | Magi 4

BD Daily
*** **1 **1 **4 **3 **1 *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *** *** **1 **1 **2 *** | -- | JoJo 3
**2 *20 **9 *11 **6 **4 *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 LE
*** **7 **7 *10 *12 **5 *** | -- | Little Busters! 4
**1 *** **8 **5 **9 **7 *** | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's SLE
*** *16 *12 *16 *13 **9 *** | -- | Dog Days' 6
*** *** *** **2 **4 *10 *** | -- | Hyouka 10
*** **8 *10 *13 *15 *11 *** | -- | Hanagai NEXT 1
*** **6 *13 *15 *14 *12 *** | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 4
*** *11 *11 *14 *16 *13 *** | -- | ViviPan 1
**4 *** *18 *17 *17 *16 *** | -- | Gundam UC 6 RE
*** *12 *15 *19 **8 *17 *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4
**3 *** *19 *18 *20 *20 *** | -- | Love Live! 1
EjcMar 31, 2013 3:27 AM
Mar 31, 2013 8:39 AM

Apr 2010
Little Busters looking much stronger than To Love Ru this time around. Hopefully it can keep this up and take an overall lead sometime soon.

Apr 1, 2013 3:15 AM

Nov 2007
Oricon Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Daily Ranking for Mar 31. This is the last Daily Update before the release of the Preliminary List tomorrow.

DVD Daily
**2 *26 *12 *19 *13 *13 *17 | -- | Gundam UC 6
*** *** *** *** *** *** *21 | -- | Mikosuri Han-Gekijyou
*** *16 *13 *23 *20 *20 *** | -- | SAO 6
*** *11 *14 *21 *17 *21 *** | -- | Gintama' Enchousen 2
*** *** *** *11 *18 *25 *** | -- | JoJo 3
*** *** *15 *** *25 *29 *** | -- | Magi 4

BD Daily
*** **1 **1 **4 **3 **1 **2 | -- | SAO 6
*** *** *** *** *** *** **3 | -- | Anime Mirai 2013
*** *** *** **1 **1 **2 **5 | -- | JoJo 3
**2 *20 **9 *11 **6 **4 **6 | -- | Gundam UC 6 LE
**1 *** **8 **5 **9 **7 **7 | -- | Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's SLE
**4 *** *18 *17 *17 *16 *10 | -- | Gundam UC 6 RE
*** **7 **7 *10 *12 **5 *11 | -- | Little Busters! 4
*** *16 *12 *16 *13 **9 *14 | -- | Dog Days' 6
*** **8 *10 *13 *15 *11 *15 | -- | Hanagai NEXT 1
*** **6 *13 *15 *14 *12 *16 | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 4
*** *11 *11 *14 *16 *13 *18 | -- | ViviPan 1
*** *** *** **2 **4 *10 *19 | -- | Hyouka 10
*** *** *** *** *** *** *20 | -- | NekoKuro 1
*** *12 *15 *19 **8 *17 *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4
**3 *** *19 *18 *20 *20 *** | -- | Love Live! 1
EjcApr 1, 2013 3:27 AM
Apr 1, 2013 3:41 AM
Sep 2012
Ejc said:
**3 | -- | Anime Mirai 2013

MIRAI PROJECT '13
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

72 by Memore »»
2 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
Today, 9:22 AM

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.