Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Yugiri looks scary now ;o

And ya, finally Kyousuke is here. About damn time. Watching Yugiri suffering is painful though. So lonely for this cute girl.

Anyways, I thought the series was pretty good. Glad she's back with the crew again. Cool Andy and Kyousuke moment at the end there. 8/10 :3. Lol @ Karou flying next to the airplane.
Mar 25, 2013 11:13 AM

Jun 2012
A solid finale finishing this series. This show was put together decently with people that actually tried their best if a little unambitious but was entertaining to carry me through Winter. A 7 out of 10
Mar 25, 2013 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
Though not perfect, it was a pretty decent final episode. Though I would say this show's middle part was probably the strongest point overall this was my fav of the season, an unexpected surprise.
Mar 25, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2009
I liked it. hoepfully this will lead to the parent series getting a new series. although I didn't like how they use the Captain as the villian. I thought they could have used Black Phantom group since he is the main villain in the second have of ZKC manga.
Mar 25, 2013 11:56 AM

Jan 2011
It turned out better than I though it was going to be. Flashback episodes were the best.

7/10
Mar 25, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode to end it.

Anyone, chances of a second season? There is no saying that a spin-off can't get one, Railgun is the best example.
.................................................................................
Mar 25, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2009
Romedbaumann said:
Great episode to end it.

Anyone, chances of a second season? There is no saying that a spin-off can't get one, Railgun is the best example.

that because Railgun is it own manga.
Mar 25, 2013 12:32 PM
Sep 2012
Good finale. Watching Yugiri's painful past was really sad to watch. Guess we'll have to wait a long time for the manga to to put out enough volumes for a second season.
Mar 25, 2013 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
I enjoyed this episode like all the others, hoping there will be another season though. I'm still quite curious about Andy Hinomiya. In the end there, his eye became more dark blue-ish? after he supressed Hyoubu Kyousuke's powers. I might've been just me, but oh well. Awesome episode!
Mar 25, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
It was a great series, probably my favourite and the only series that had me eagerly anticipating the end. I hope there's a season 2 of this spin off, or from what I assume from what some people said maybe another season for the parent story of the unlimited of hyoubou kyousuke. Any guesses at what Andy will do?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2012
I really enjoyed this anime and do hope that a 2nd season is made.
Mar 25, 2013 12:51 PM

Mar 2011
RathOfTheReaper said:

+1
Mar 25, 2013 12:58 PM
Nov 2012
Great series, satisfying finale; definitely one of the best this season.
Mar 25, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
7/10 for me. Would have given it 8 but I seriously hate the 'going on their separate ways' ending, it nullifies the whole friend speech imo. Eh, I guess goodbyes are the default route anime takes most of the time, I just wish that sometimes we could end with the team together, new people and all. Then if they decided to continue the spin off, they could have done a time skip and Andy could have gone on his bloody tour of lone wolf-ness and off the series off screen. *deep breath* Kk, rant over :P

Other than above, I did like the series and was impressed by how standalone it was, never having read/watched the original series. I had hoped for more character interaction so we could have got to know the side characters (read: anyone but hyoubu) a bit better, but all in all this anime was very enjoyable.
Mar 25, 2013 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
I too want to see the future that Hyoubu Kyousuke will create...

With a number of series ending and the change-over in seasons, I guess it's time to watch the original ZKC. It would be nice if we could get a sequel dealing with the characters in another five years when PANDRA's plans are farther along and Kaoru is ready to become Queen...

And any show that gets me this excited for a sequel and moves me to do a catch-up on a long series I've missed (and thought I wouldn't be interested in), deserves a 9.
rodacMar 25, 2013 1:09 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 25, 2013 1:38 PM

Oct 2011
TwT What a great ending. Yugiri sad past. I was so happy Hyoubu stopped Yugiri. Andy helping in time when Hyoubu lost control. Hyobu and Andy parting off. Andy being an honorary member of PANDRA. I hope to see Hyoubu's future. I would love to see a series based around Andy's adventure away from PANDRA and then finally coming back XD.
Mar 25, 2013 1:40 PM
Sep 2012
Great series, didn't even see this coming but I really enjoyed it. I'll give it an 8/10. To be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of the art style for the characters but I got over it.
Mar 25, 2013 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
I would just like an explanation for that scene
I don't know anything about the ZKC universe, maybe someone can enlighten me?
Mar 25, 2013 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
Story : 8
Animation : 9
Art : 8,2
Music/Sound : 9,5
Character : 9
Enjoyment : 9

Overall : 8,8

Most enjoyable anime of the winter season. Loved the music so much.
Mar 25, 2013 2:15 PM

Nov 2008
KuroKaisa said:
I would just like an explanation for that scene
I don't know anything about the ZKC universe, maybe someone can enlighten me?

Andy's second ability was to nulify a person he touch's ability for limited time.
I guess, he spend it to save Hyobu. So Andy is left only with ability to nulify ESP around him. imo
Mar 25, 2013 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
Andy saved Hyobu and lost his Ability
Great ep and a nice end much better then the origninal
loved the andy Hyobu Relationship i think thats one think i miss the most in the original More Bishies and less girlie Power
Mar 25, 2013 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
Icebreaker93 said:
RathOfTheReaper said:

+1

Would be great but i dont think it happends cause that already was a second season / and it ended to soon taht more will come
Mar 25, 2013 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
Nataniel said:

Andy's second ability was to nulify a person he touch's ability for limited time.
I guess, he spend it to save Hyobu. So Andy is left only with ability to nulify ESP around him. imo

Ooooh, that would make sense!! I completely forgot that there are TWO of his powers. I thought he burnt out completely, but the scene when Andy departs didn't make it seem like the other ESPers
could use their powers on him.

Thanks, this certainly clears up things, I think it's definitely like that!
Mar 25, 2013 3:22 PM

Feb 2013
I loved the episode, it was a proper finale to the series and I love how Hyoubu was able to face Saotome and his past. He has shown true growth in that he didn't just kill the old man. I wish Andy didn't just leave. He's found a place where he belongs, why is he now going off on his own again? I thought that's what he wanted? But what happened to Ihachigo? Anyone know?

I really hope they have a second season. I really like PANDRA's side of things a little more than BABEL's. I hope they will be able to make a sequel.
Mar 25, 2013 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
Let me quote someone: " It's alright. It's fine. It fills the space. What do you want from me? I'm a banana!". It was said about a game, but I find it quite fitting for my opinion on the show.
Mar 25, 2013 4:58 PM

Aug 2011
Glad Hyoubu and Yuugiri survived. This show was much more enjoyable that I expected, loved seeing the characters and hearing about their pasts. Learning about Hyoubu's history and the stylised OP was a nice touch that I appreciate. There were a few epic battles and I generally find all the esper powers to be quite interesting.
Mar 25, 2013 5:01 PM

Apr 2007
Waaay better than the previous episode. I like how it ended overall, I just wish there was more comment on what happened with Andy's abilities. At first I assumed he completely lost his power, but after Andy's comment at the end I'm thinking he only lost the one ability, like Nataniel said his post.

And as much as I loved this series and prefer PANDRA over BABEL, I would much prefer another anime for the original Zettai Karen Children. There is so much great stuff to be animated and Kyousuke's role in the series gets bigger as it goes on. I wanna see all that, not more filler.
MonochromeMar 25, 2013 5:09 PM
Mar 25, 2013 5:10 PM
Oct 2012
I wonder how Yuugiri will affect the current storyline in the source material (I don't read the manga, so I have no way of knowing). Also, it seems that Andy's Imagine Breaker is gone, and IMO, it destroyed Accel-, I mean Hyoubu's, Unlimited power. Then Lelouch and Suzaku part ways.

Why do I have this sad feeling whenever an anime ends? Oh well. Gonna miss this show. That was some nice closure.
XLNCMar 25, 2013 5:17 PM
Mar 25, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2011
I really liked Hinomiya. He seemed quite a bit more sympathetic to me when compared with the many OP espers (well, really just Hyoubu-- who is very likable, don't get me wrong) that is P.A.N.D.R.A. It's a shame that he decided to leave, I would have really liked it if he had stuck around a little longer.

7.5/10 from me.
[An incredibly creative signature]
Mar 25, 2013 5:56 PM

Oct 2010
komic said:
Romedbaumann said:
Great episode to end it.

that because Railgun is it own manga.

But that manga is also a spinoff from the manga version of Index.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Mar 25, 2013 6:24 PM

Feb 2013
I love this episode. It was a great ending to this series and I truly hope that we can get a second season. I loved Hyoubu's character and I loved how he grew as a person during this series.

I do have some questions though: Andy seems to have used up his secondary ability to seal Hyoubu's powers. However, he stated that his secondary ability only lasts for a certain amount of time. Will Hyoubu ever be able to go Unlimited again? Will Andy's second power ever return? What happened to Ihachigo?
Mar 25, 2013 6:51 PM
Mar 25, 2013 7:00 PM
Sep 2012
Great show for a spin-off. I really liked it.
Mar 25, 2013 7:07 PM

Mar 2010
First of all , THE OPENING. EPIC!! :D
I know the final episode gonna turn out to be awesome !
Its sad this spin off has come to its end , but nevertheless I really LOVE it .
I'm going to give this series a 10/10 , even though there are some minor mistakes , it does not
affect the quality of this anime and I find it quite UNDERSTANDABLE for every concept,flow and story in each of its episode. This is my very first short anime series @ 12 episodes that I really find it
to be amazing , awesome , and most enjoyable!

But one thing for sure , I was hoping Andy to stay with Hyobu and the gang(pandra) for the ending...
its really sad Andy took different path from them , but but but , he's still one of the member! and an HONOURY member in addition =)

Again , I want to express here that I really love the anime ! 10/10 :)
This really made my day , especially the fact that Hyobu was survived .. haha.
Sebastian333Mar 25, 2013 7:15 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2013 7:16 PM

Dec 2012

He's a real star now. :')
Mar 25, 2013 7:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Not horrible but kinda letdown. I was expecting more.

Oh well, now if we can have a ZKC second season covering their middle school period...

I guess they recovered Ihachigo. Crazy precog dolphin. Well technically there is still Ikyuugo.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 25, 2013 7:34 PM
Oct 2012
davidfresh said:

HOLY! Manglobe animators are fans of MOBA games!?
Mar 25, 2013 8:41 PM

Dec 2007
XLNC said:
davidfresh said:

HOLY! Manglobe animators are fans of MOBA games!?

They've snuck in a number of cameos like that (some easier to spot than others), and have also done several brief nods towards manga characters' . . . let's call them eccentricities - which was doubly fun because the manga was joking about it in the omake.
Mar 25, 2013 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
Just to clarify, what was Saotome's goal again?
Mar 25, 2013 10:26 PM

Jul 2009
couldve been better.
at least it wasnt no code;breaker, ugh.
Mar 25, 2013 10:30 PM

Feb 2013
AngelsArcanum said:

He wanted to use Yugiri to assassinate the pro-esper mayor that would cause an escalation of the already turbulent esper/non-esper relations into riots and outcries against espers the world over. This would cause a chain-reaction, helped by the anti-esper infrastructure that Saotome had built up over the years within the US's many law and government agencies, to make more stringent laws against espers and take away what freedoms they do have. Eventually all espers would have to live in a world where they would have to be registered and controlled by normals like slaves. This would of course derail the esper rebellion that is supposed to occur quite a bit later when Kaoru is grown. This is Saotome's goal.

This is actually a plot borrowed from X-Men where in an alternate time, a famous senator is assassinated by a mutant that causes a chain reaction where mutants will end up losing their rights, and are eventually required to be registered with the government, collared, controlled, and eventually imprisoned. The famous Sentinels have a big part in this future and are used to keep mutants in line, or to hunt, capture and/or kill them.

However, as with Saotome's previous plan of trying to kill Hyoubu when he was a teenager spectacularly backfired, I think this plan would as well. I don't think that the espers would go along nicely with being treated like cattle, and PANDRA's ranks would swell astronomically. Instead of halting the rebellion, I think all Saotome would do, would be to actually speed it up instead.
Mar 25, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
Irenesharda said:
AngelsArcanum said:

He wanted to use Yugiri to assassinate the pro-esper mayor that would cause an escalation of the already turbulent esper/non-esper relations into riots and outcries against espers the world over. This would cause a chain-reaction, helped by the anti-esper infrastructure that Saotome had built up over the years within the US's many law and government agencies, to make more stringent laws against espers and take away what freedoms they do have. Eventually all espers would have to live in a world where they would have to be registered and controlled by normals like slaves. This would of course derail the esper rebellion that is supposed to occur quite a bit later when Kaoru is grown. This is Saotome's goal.

This is actually a plot borrowed from X-Men where in an alternate time, a famous senator is assassinated by a mutant that causes a chain reaction where mutants will end up losing their rights, and are eventually required to be registered with the government, collared, controlled, and eventually imprisoned. The famous Sentinels have a big part in this future and are used to keep mutants in line, or to hunt, capture and/or kill them.

However, as with Saotome's previous plan of trying to kill Hyoubu when he was a teenager spectacularly backfired, I think this plan would as well. I don't think that the espers would go along nicely with being treated like cattle, and PANDRA's ranks would swell astronomically. Instead of halting the rebellion, I think all Saotome would do, would be to actually speed it up instead.

I was suspecting such was the case although as things were wrapping up, Saotome's actual exposition and presence was very minor throughout the episode so I got caught up in the actual events and couldn't entirely remember his machinations, but now that's cleared up again so I'm good.
Mar 26, 2013 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
not a bad ending after all, but ep 11 fucked up way too much.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 26, 2013 1:28 AM

Jul 2012
Happy that Andy saved Hyoubu.

I Enjoyed this anime a lot, especially when Andy was hiding his secret from everyone and when it was revealed.

9/10.
Mar 26, 2013 1:55 AM

Mar 2010
Samii said:
Happy that Andy saved Hyoubu.

I Enjoyed this anime a lot, especially when Andy was hiding his secret from everyone and when it was revealed.

9/10.

Secret? :O
Mar 26, 2013 2:15 AM

Feb 2013
It was a pretty decent way to finish off such a great show. Andy's and Kyousuke's interactions were as always fun to watch. I also thought the flashback sequence was done pretty well. Saotome's end was rather fitting too.

This was in my opinion the best show of the winter season, with the the middle of this series being absolutely amazing. Since there's a manga that's apparently happening/going to happen for The UNLIMITED, I really hope more of the story is going to be adapted as maybe a second season.

Overall: 8.5/10
Mar 26, 2013 3:59 AM
Mar 2013
Indeed was a surprise the second Andy's ability and the way he walked together with little girl to save was so epic. It's the best episode and Andy leaving was how it supposed to be, he continues to search own path and im sure he'll appear on right moment as he did during all these episodes.

Ps cant believe is the last episode >.<
Mar 26, 2013 4:12 AM

Jan 2008
From the epic episode 1 where Hyoubu and Andy first met , to the flashbacks halfway , to the complete fiasco namely episode 11 , now we have finally reached the final spectacle of 'The Unlimited' , and wow as expected from the start , this anime would be one of the best this season which is a great start of 2013 .

This episode was superb because of wrapping things up , the superior visuals , evoking of emotions , and yes , it was a really satisfying ending episode which I havent found in recent animes .

That part with Yugiri was the spotlight of this episode . Introducing what happened to her back then and how Hyoubu found her together with her background character single was really heartwarming omfg .I never thought it would ever get emotional in a dark toned anime like this .

While Hyoubu's fate and that Andy will be the one saving him by using the power he used against Fujiko was quite obvious , but it was still nice to see . The visuals that part was outstanding , showing how he and Yuugiri gets wounded by Hyoubu's uncontrollable ESP .

Andy's choice of leaving PANDRA was given because he wasnt shown in the original manga but I thought Yuugiri was gonna come with him because she wasnt in the original material as well .Still , I hope Andy goes back in the future because Yuugiri and others will be waiting for him .

One of the best anime of the season .IF Manglobe changes the dreadful episode 11 , im honestly gonna be rating this as a masterpiece of Manglobe with a 10 but for now , im gonna give it a 9/10 .

I'm now hoping for a second season of the original ZKC series .And it's gonna be fine with me if Manglobe will still handle it or SynergySP will be continuing it .I really cant wait for that awesome news .
P.S. IT already ends but there is still no Mio ? Blasphemy .
Mar 26, 2013 5:43 AM

Jan 2010
Even if Hyoubu is my favorite character from ZKC, I can't help but feel that this series was average at best. 5/10

Mar 26, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
Icebreaker93 said:
RathOfTheReaper said:

+1

+2

It wasn an enjoyable anime, which I liked. I am hoping for S2 but I kinda doubt we will have one.

8/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

91 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 1, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2013

87 by Pliznotme »»
Mar 9, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

43 by 0Novelion »»
Oct 1, 2022 12:28 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2013

39 by Acctra »»
Jun 5, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2013

53 by Acctra »»
Jun 1, 2022 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.