Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 26, 2013 3:24 PM

Dec 2011
Well, they sure do change a lot over the course of a single episode.

And there's going to have to be a lot happening in the next episode to resolve things. Otherwise, the group is just going to fall apart.

That does happen, but this series doesn't seem the sort where something like that happens.

It's been a while since I last watched 12 episodes of the same anime in a single day, but now I have to wait for the last episode. I really didn't expect to become that addicted to it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 26, 2013 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

It's been a while since I last watched 12 episodes of the same anime in a single day, but now I have to wait for the last episode. I really didn't expect to become that addicted to it.

Welcome to the club then :D

You should go on youtube to search for Love Live! music. You can get addict to it as well.
Mar 26, 2013 3:54 PM

Sep 2012
I seem to be the only one who thinks we're being MAJORLY trolled by the show. THINK about it!!!

It is what I expected anyways, to take us to the brink of despair... and then, miraculously next week Kotori won't go abroad to study fashion after all or at least not until next year rather than in two weeks; Honoka will un-quit, they will be back in LoveLove!... or in season 2 they will win it.

After all, we already have concert footage of them in LoveLive! And Kotori is there, and Honoka... If Kotori actually leaves then this is an alternate universe... so unless this is actually a VN now and we are in the losing route... I think it will all get fixed very quickly.

They have to win it this school year because three of them are 3rd years, 17 years old which means they will graduate at the end of the year. So they have to do another LoveLive! this year even if they don't win it, they have to perform on the LoveLive! stage as IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED. Watch the PV videos, they are performing on the LoveLive! stage... Is it a spoiler to say I watched the PVs and listened to the FORTY SONGS THEY ALREADY RECORDED!?!

So the only question for me is... will they fix all this up and resolve it next episode or next season? Mark my words, Kotori isn't leaving before they win LoveLive! and neither is Honoka!
Mar 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2011
hpulley said:
I seem to be the only one who thinks we're being MAJORLY trolled by the show. THINK about it!!!

It is what I expected anyways, to take us to the brink of despair... and then, miraculously next week Kotori won't go abroad to study fashion after all or at least not until next year rather than in two weeks; Honoka will un-quit, they will be back in LoveLove!... or in season 2 they will win it.

After all, we already have concert footage of them in LoveLive! And Kotori is there, and Honoka... If Kotori actually leaves then this is an alternate universe... so unless this is actually a VN now and we are in the losing route... I think it will all get fixed very quickly.

They have to win it this school year because three of them are 3rd years, 17 years old which means they will graduate at the end of the year. So they have to do another LoveLive! this year even if they don't win it, they have to perform on the LoveLive! stage as IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED. Watch the PV videos, they are performing on the LoveLive! stage... Is it a spoiler to say I watched the PVs and listened to the FORTY SONGS THEY ALREADY RECORDED!?!

So the only question for me is... will they fix all this up and resolve it next episode or next season? Mark my words, Kotori isn't leaving before they win LoveLive! and neither is Honoka!

Come to think of it maybe we are getting trolled but I feel like Love Live may come in season 2 maybe.
Mar 26, 2013 4:36 PM
Mar 2013
hpulley said:

lol you take the fun out of the unknown (jk), but yes I agree. From the very first episode we saw who the members were, also the stage of Love Live unless that is just something else. They might have given us the ending from the start but its the work up to it that makes it fun.

I do think Kotori and Honoka will stay put. I just dont see Kotori leaving her friends and something shes grown to love same with Honoka leaving the group. More then likely we will get a resolve at the end of the episode and then tease for a second season.
Mar 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, great episode. Too bad next time will probably be the cliched "everything miraculously works out just in time" episode.
Mar 26, 2013 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
kuroikishi said:
Ended up practically writing an essay here on Honoka's feelings ._.'... Feel free to ignore me.

Awesome analysis and I agree 100%. I think in this context that the slap at the end was the absolute WORST think Umi could do. She did not understand at all why Honoka felt as she did and the slap is going to isolate Honoka even more. Honoka is already feeling betrayed and seeing that the group of 3 has gone to a 2 + 1 and this is going to reinforce it more. I was surprised she didn't slug her back!

And really .. Kotori may be shy but her excuse for not talking to Honoka was pretty lame. If she really wanted her advice then she should have asked it, not just informed her after it's a done deal!

Anyway .. genki girls are allowed to have bad days so they should have given her some space!!!
Mar 26, 2013 5:11 PM
Feb 2007
kuroikishi said:

Her depression carries on to the next day, where Eri ends up talking about holding a "last live with the 9 members of µ's". That was twisting a knife in the wound, though it wasn't Eri's intention. Honoka's demotivating/insensitive words toward the group was an accumulation of all her negative thoughts that gathered the night before. It might have been actually not intended to be directed to the group, but actually to her own self. Honoka's attempt to leave the group seemed like an attempt to run away from the "last live" that she thinks she caused herself.

This. Is pretty much what I think Honoka feels that time. Well said.

I'm really hoping for a second season. It might not be as powerful as the first season but I'm sure gonna miss those girls once Love Live ends next week. ;_;
Mar 26, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2012
gab3n said:
hpulley said:

lol you take the fun out of the unknown (jk), but yes I agree. From the very first episode we saw who the members were, also the stage of Love Live unless that is just something else. They might have given us the ending from the start but its the work up to it that makes it fun.

I do think Kotori and Honoka will stay put. I just dont see Kotori leaving her friends and something shes grown to love same with Honoka leaving the group. More then likely we will get a resolve at the end of the episode and then tease for a second season.

Sorry, I am a real buzzkill today, aren't I? LOL

I agree though, forget the PVs, the nine of them are shown on the LoveLive! stage in the OP every episode, duh! How did I forget that? I guess you watch it 12 times or more and you forget. So we all know the nine of them perform at LoveLive! They have to, Have To, HAVE TO!

And I agree, the journey is more important than the destination here. It has been a wonderful journey and I hope it isn't over yet!
Mar 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2011
I'm sadden that Kotori is leaving...

Can she just postpone her plans and wait till she graduates?

Come on!
Mar 27, 2013 12:07 AM

Feb 2013
i hope for a second season
Mar 27, 2013 6:54 PM

Jul 2011
Mr. Director, good work!

5/5
Mar 27, 2013 6:56 PM

Jan 2012
NOOOOOO......
why honoka become like that?!?!?!?!?!

u's at their critical point
Mar 27, 2013 9:23 PM

Mar 2009
What the...
This show is supposed to be happy! Talk about mood whiplash! Good episode nonetheless.

Quite a few people are pissed off at Honoka after this episode, but I can sympathize with her, especially when shit keeps happening to her in quick succession like this.

Well, I hope everything works out for them in the end.
Mar 28, 2013 8:16 PM

Dec 2011
dont care what everyone else thinks

honoka, you truly are a fucking IDIOT
Mar 28, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:

You are the only one? I am sure you are far from the only one. I believe most watchers believe neither Honoka nor Kotori will leave. I mean, this anime is supposed to be a story about Muse's early days and the current situation is that Muse is active and releasing CD singles (a deliberate mixing of the 2D and 3D worlds), so Muse's breaking up is totally unthinkable. The main issue is how they will turn around the drama, much heavier than many had expected, and provide an ending that re-confirm the positive spirit of Muse and the bonding between the girls. I don't think there should be any doubt about whether Muse will stay as a 9-member group. It is more about how they get back to that and start looking forward again.

As for the LoveLive event, there are many ways to deal with it - I personally prefer leaving it open and ends the series by them going back to their original starting point: performing before a full-house hall, instead of rushing everything about how they fare in the LoveLive tournament. But of course other kinds of endings regarding the tournament are also possible.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 29, 2013 3:04 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
hpulley said:

You are the only one? I am sure you are far from the only one. I believe most watchers believe neither Honoka nor Kotori will leave. I mean, this anime is supposed to be a story about Muse's early days and the current situation is that Muse is active and releasing CD singles (a deliberate mixing of the 2D and 3D worlds), so Muse's breaking up is totally unthinkable. The main issue is how they will turn around the drama, much heavier than many had expected, and provide an ending that re-confirm the positive spirit of Muse and the bonding between the girls. I don't think there should be any doubt about whether Muse will stay as a 9-member group. It is more about how they get back to that and start looking forward again.

As for the LoveLive event, there are many ways to deal with it - I personally prefer leaving it open and ends the series by them going back to their original starting point: performing before a full-house hall, instead of rushing everything about how they fare in the LoveLive tournament. But of course other kinds of endings regarding the tournament are also possible.

I meant in this thread, I seem to be the only one saying, "this can't be." I watch legit on Crunchyroll so I am a few days behind everyone else on this series so by the time I read this episode's comments I fully expected to come into this thread and see everyone saying, "sure, sure... they're going to leave, yeah right!! Psych!" but instead I see people who are so engaged in the story that they believe they might break up.

I guess this is a sign of how well they have done the anime. Even though it is "The beginning of u's", people are so caught up in it, it is like it is happening in real time...

I agree, if LoveLive! really is a twenty round tournament or what did they say? Then they could do a Idol/Sports anime second season which is mostly just the LoveLive! tournament rounds with the finale battle between u's and Arise as the final episode. When can I preorder that??? LOL
Mar 29, 2013 9:30 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
symbv said:
hpulley said:

You are the only one? I am sure you are far from the only one. I believe most watchers believe neither Honoka nor Kotori will leave. I mean, this anime is supposed to be a story about Muse's early days and the current situation is that Muse is active and releasing CD singles (a deliberate mixing of the 2D and 3D worlds), so Muse's breaking up is totally unthinkable.

Just thought I should point out, there are a lot of anime viewers such as my self who, for those shows that are based on some other source (light novel, visual novel, manga, or whatever), know nothing of the source material, usually don't care, and are just watching the anime because watching anime is our hobby. When I watch an episode of Love Live! all I know and care about is what happens in the show I'm watching.

Now, having said that, that does NOT automatically mean I expect or don't expect one thing or another to happen in a story. In particular, regarding what you guys are talking about right now I really don't have any expectation at all regarding what will happen to those two girls. I'm just waiting for the next episode to see what happens.

That doesn't mean I don't recognize that a lot of people like some of you here ARE fans of whatever source material a show may be based on and have a lot of knowledge of and expectations regarding what will happen or what they think should happen. However, I DO occasionally get annoyed when people seem to think that EVERYBODY should have the same point of view when they watch a show, and sometimes I get really exasperated (a good example is Little Busters, where fans of the Visual Novel basically hijacked the anime forums to bitch about how the anime was not the Visual Novel - well, DUH - it's not the visual novel and I don't care - stop telling me the Little Busters anime is shit because it is not the exactly like the Visual Novel).

We're all coming at this with very different backgrounds and expectations and I want to remind people of that :)
Mar 29, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
^ Well, my using the Muse's current CDs is just one argument that I use to buttress my expectation that the series will end on a high note and good end. But even without that, I would still keep that expectation, just like I expect Miho will win at the end in Girls und Panzer and prevent her school from closing down. You are free to have your expectation, I have my own expectation - it just happens that I think my expectation would be helped by what I know about the CDs released by Muse, that's it.

hpulley said:
I meant in this thread, I seem to be the only one saying, "this can't be."
Well, I just avoided making comments on that part and focused more on the actions and reactions of the characters. And I don't think I am the only one thinking the same as you do.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 29, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
^ Well, my using the Muse's current CDs is just one argument that I use to buttress my expectation that the series will end on a high note and good end. But even without that, I would still keep that expectation, just like I expect Miho will win at the end in Girls und Panzer and prevent her school from closing down. You are free to have your expectation, I have my own expectation - it just happens that I think my expectation would be helped by what I know about the CDs released by Muse, that's it.

hpulley said:
I meant in this thread, I seem to be the only one saying, "this can't be."
Well, I just avoided making comments on that part and focused more on the actions and reactions of the characters. And I don't think I am the only one thinking the same as you do.

Agreed. my only "source material" here is the CDs and BD concerts (live and the anime PV music video disc) and the show's own OP which shows the 9 girls competing at LoveLive! I have not read the manga. Since the music and BD discs came out to promote this show (all since it was announced) I don't consider any of them to be spoilers.

HOWEVER, if my post spoiled anyone or everyone for the end of the season episode which I haven't even seen yet (so for all I know I'm wrong and the girls have left and they've broken up... but I doubt it) then I'm sorry... that was not my intent.
Mar 29, 2013 1:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
symbv said:
You are free to have your expectation, I have my own expectation
I expect if I have another glass of sake I'll get over myself ;)

(I should avoid posting at work during lunch when I'm rushed and in a bad mood)

hpulley said:
HOWEVER, if my post spoiled anyone or everyone for the end of the season episode which I haven't even seen yet (so for all I know I'm wrong and the girls have left and they've broken up... but I doubt it) then I'm sorry... that was not my intent.
40 lashes with a wet noodle!
Mar 29, 2013 3:24 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:

hpulley said:
40 lashes with a wet noodle!

40 lashes??? Harsh... LOL
Mar 29, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
They cant give up of love live like this... i refuse believe that they went down in ranking, perharps they will be called for a special in love live or something...

I think Honoka asked 1 time to her friend what was going on, but she said "nothing"... So honoka is not totally guilty :/

so sad
sigh..
Mar 29, 2013 6:58 PM

Sep 2009
They way the writers create drama in this show has slightly started to irk me. It's always implied that an adversity has severe consequences and then they later reveal that it wasn't that big of a deal after all. Just like the first live bombing and here Honoka collapsing.

Still, I'll hope they'll pull something similar to that effect in the next episode.
The worst case scenario: The whole Love Live School Idol Project goes out with a bang, though that would just be awful marketing.
IDexMar 29, 2013 7:04 PM
Mar 29, 2013 10:33 PM

Jul 2008
wishkas said:
They cant give up of love live like this... i refuse believe that they went down in ranking, perharps they will be called for a special in love live or something...

Their ranking didn't go down. The girls made a decision not to participate, so they are no longer ranked at all.
Mar 30, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2011
That was a bit harsh, Umi.

The look on everyone's faces when Honoka made that announcement! I guess the ending is going to be super happy since this ep attempts to drag the mood down.
Mar 30, 2013 8:42 PM

Sep 2012
OK, I have more information about the last episode. It is not a synopsis or story details but I consider it a big spoiler so if you do not want to know anything about what will happen in the last episode, DO NOT open the Spoiler tag:

symbvMar 30, 2013 9:16 PM

Mar 30, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
OK, I have more information about the last episode. It is not a synopsis or story details but I consider it a big spoiler so if you do not want to know anything about what will happen in the last episode, DO NOT open the Spoiler tag:

Wow, you have your sources! amazon doesn't show that yet... very cool though! Can't wait!
Apr 1, 2013 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
OMG Umi I love you!! Thank you for slapping that stupid ungrateful little bitch. Seriously Honoka, stop thinking about yourself. It's her fault the performance got ruined, I don't care if everyone says it's not cause it is, by overworking herself even though she knew what could happen. And now she's bitching after Kotori..

I'd rather have the best friend leaving, then be the best friend leaving. At least she has her other best friend Umi and the rest of Muse with her. Poor Kotori has to be by herself and you make her feel like shit. SHAME ON YOU. D:< (And yes I can say this because I lost my best friend like that) And there is such things as PHONES. Not like they're never talking to each other again. I lost all contact with my BF. So really Honoka has it good. I'm just really pissed off at her right now and she better redeem herself.
LuxtressApr 1, 2013 12:04 PM
Apr 2, 2013 7:52 PM
Nov 2011
leave it to honoka ti finally give nico a scene I liked.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 3, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2011
Oh this was fucking lame, this was some 2/10 content. I sighed a lot and I was just thinking about random stuff. This was executed horribly! I'll finish it for the sake of finishing it, but this show has been going downhill for a the previous couple of episodes.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 3, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:
Oh this was fucking lame, this was some 2/10 content. I sighed a lot and I was just thinking about random stuff. This was executed horribly! I'll finish it for the sake of finishing it, but this show has been going downhill for a the previous couple of episodes.
Don't see how it goes downhill for "a the previous couple of episodes" though I agree that this episode the execution is not that god.

Apr 9, 2013 3:17 AM

Jun 2008
Cratex said:
As people were watching a show about Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, a good story broke out. ;)

The story is still the same, they just threw a little drama so they will not get boring. I don't think the story can be characterized as good or bad since it's a simple story. it's just a matter of making a nice execution out of it.
Kind of surprised with the people over analyzing and even making whole issues about how western forums take it and Japanese forums and all that. It's just a simple idol anime for Christ sake to watch and spend some nice time. The little drama thrown is just to spice things up and not be progression and boring. That's all there is to it. It's nothing but classic story-writing techniques.
People in western forums not reacting as the Japanese is because they are more healthy watchers since they ain't full of otakus who make this stuff their whole world and reason of existence and behave like this characters are real people.
Apr 9, 2013 9:43 PM

Jun 2012
Well, that pissed me off.

Honoka feels like she's failed everyone, and then as soon as she starts to feel better, her friend drops a bombshell on her. Yeah, Kotori did try telling her, and they were both to blame, but I feel as though the problem came from Kotori being unable to stick up for herself more so than Honoka's selfishness.

Then when Honoka doesn't cheer up RIGHT AWAY they all get pissed at her? That's bullshit. I know she's usually an upbeat character, but even happy people are allowed to be upset sometimes. None of them seemed to mind when they all wanted to give up or complain, but as soon as Honoka starts to do it that's wrong? Ridiculous.

I don't think Honoka's necessarily doing the right thing, but I don't blame her at all. I've really enjoyed the show up until this point, so hopefully things pull together during the last episode.
Apr 10, 2013 5:07 AM

Oct 2012
Well, that drama excalated so quick >_<
My heart it's almost burst :(

That depressing moment, sometimes it must happen to us...
and depend to your friends, maybe it's the best solution :D

Anyway, final ep, can't wait for it!!
Love them all!!
"Signature removed"
May 8, 2013 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
KingCez said:
honoka quit being a bitch

Being a bitch because she's the last to hear any news about anything? For being a hardworking teenager that suddenly gets hit by successive ill-fated events?

Ok buddy
May 29, 2013 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Stake a bit too superficial in his treatment, well the dramatic atmosphere, but all too linear, I like originality, Honoka at the end when he takes the blow, angry as he was, at the very least would have to reciprocate, however nothing! Honoka believe that the problem is only to be attributed to her, instead of thinking that even a little wrong of guilt was not just her and them there would be no further news, why would he ask for really petty excuse for his behavior. In the end, the most interesting thing is to know how to shut their questione.Parte technique really nice, nice to see the protagonist not only in a happy, pain on the face of Honoka looked very realistic.
Jun 26, 2013 9:11 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Awesome job Umi. Slap Honoka for being so arrogant and negative towards herself and Muse. Honestly Honoka really needed for someone to slap her very hard, but I didn't expect Umi to do it. I expected Eri or Nico to slap her.

Jul 1, 2013 2:37 AM

Jan 2012
It was soooo Honoka's fault and yet everyone try to say to the group's fault so she will not feel as bad. But really it was her fault.

someone leaves to study abroad.... please anime need to drop this idea already, I've seen too many anime using this study abroad thing. Kotori is too stupid for even needed to consider such a thing when she's in an idol group, many friends and she seems to enjoy life here. A normal person would stay. This show is too cliche all the way.
Aug 10, 2013 10:43 PM
Apr 2011
Too much love killed them. :P
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Sep 18, 2013 7:44 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty depressing episode.
Sep 25, 2013 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
Shit just got real. Also, honoka pissed me off this ep
Nov 2, 2013 5:08 AM

Sep 2011
By quitting the group, Honoka's just repeating the mistake of focusing on herself and not noticing others' troubles. I'd say she deserves the slap. Though I can see how they plan to end this...
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Feb 9, 2014 5:59 AM

Aug 2013
I'm actually surprised that Honoka didn't react at all when the rest of the group told her they forfeit their entry to Love Live. Even if their schools' chairperson tells them to stop, tt's still a really important decision that should be discussed with all the members present.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 11, 2014 2:15 PM
Mar 2008
Oh, the drama. Honoka is so fucking useless as group leader. They should just trash her.
Apr 5, 2014 1:59 AM

Dec 2010
Damn, Honoka my girl, I feel ya. Personally I think that I would have taken all the shit that happened even worse than her.
May 15, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
i'm kinda disappointed that the drama is way unnecessary~ I mean come on Honoka!! You use to be my favorite character, but your actions and putting drama on yourself is just plain ridiculous~
May 17, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2012
Muse won't be the same without Kotori. Well, they can always get another member to replace her.
May 19, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2013
Hydnlife said:
Damn.
Jul 19, 2014 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
Ouch.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM

» This is the best anime/franchise of all time

Kayroad - Dec 15, 2023

13 by Ziyado »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.