Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 26, 2013 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
Well I haven't read the Manga yet, so I can't judge on how badly they're fucking the series over from the manga. I notice lots of rushing, but the show is still enjoyable for an Anime only viewer.
Mar 26, 2013 9:44 PM
Aug 2010
Darklight0303 said:
ninja_dog said:
well i don't know why some people say that the anime as a whole sucks . when i have been reading the manga and almost everything seems the same. except for this part though in the manga im only part way into balbadd arc

There's your answer. catch up and then say the same thing if you still can. (spoiler: you won't)

but everything except for the final part of the anime seems remotely close to the manga. it not like to soul eater anime which just went way off into left feild.
Mar 26, 2013 11:07 PM

Apr 2009
AlexTheRiot said:
Calumz said:

ur not alone its the 20 manga fans who hate it the people who watch just the anime love it

lol speak for yourself..

rated 8.2 out of 17k votes?
Mar 26, 2013 11:11 PM

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
radle said:
Calumz said:
radle said:
Man... this episode felt so off for some reason and from reading the prior comments on here my hunch was correct. They aren't following the original story why am I not surprised? Just what are they doing? And I agree that Alibaba looks silly I just can't it serious.

are u that retardeD? they havnt been following the manga since episode 1 u ugly pathetic manga haters shouldnt have watched all the fking season to just cry every single dam week

What a ugly and disturbing commenter for you saying such things. I'm the ugly one? The irony, look in a mirror. A ugly heart spreads its disease onto others to be infected (tempted). Pathetic.

Ignore Calumz. He is a pathetic anime apologist. That's his reputation around these parts

this is a anime part of the fourm? why wouldnt i defend the anime i love i come here to see stuff about the anime people are down voting cause its not following the manga but did A1 say they would follow the manga not everyone follows the manga , i understand some of ur points but its not a bad anime , yes they changed the story and the animation was bad on some parts , but its not really that bad , ive not read the manga but if u guys didnt read the manga u would have liked this anime , even me the last couple episodes pissed me off i dont want it to end to fast and yes i do wish it stuck to the original story showed more character detail and funny cool moments but i still like the anime and it doesnt deserve all the hate but i understand most of wat the manga guys are saying and agree with it.

im actually pissed to be honest i wish the anime was longer and better could have been so much better, i hope theres a good ending and a s2, or a reboot cause the animation was down and if i like this anime with this plot the original must be epic,

sorry for the wall of next i have mixed emotions i like this anime but from wat i hear it could have been epic instead of good, wish for remake which follows the manga with good animated like wat happend to fma
yes my grammar sucks
AForgottenSoulMar 26, 2013 11:20 PM
Mar 26, 2013 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
Possible final showdown.
Mar 27, 2013 12:52 AM

Apr 2012
i forgot... are we allowed to swear like a sailor here? eh...
well ARRFHJFKXBNAKALLCLLBEJAHJSLF WHYYYYY
Mar 27, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
oh god.. i don't even ever see alibaba amon djinn equip,, and i already see the dark djinn one??
did they try to make a anime only ending just like ao no exorcist?
with this.. it will lessening the chance of season 2.. and i hate this kind of made up ending!!why didn't they just follow the manga --"??
Mar 27, 2013 1:21 AM

Sep 2011
dend08 said:
oh god.. i don't even ever see alibaba amon djinn equip,, and i already see the dark djinn one??
did they try to make a anime only ending just like ao no exorcist?
with this.. it will lessening the chance of season 2.. and i hate this kind of made up ending!!why didn't they just follow the manga --"??

Idk where they fucked up the anime, but many reasons.

-Bad budget
-Low sales
-Author didn't give a shit if they did an Original ending.
Mar 27, 2013 2:08 AM
Oct 2010
haha the last 10 or so minutes looked like something outta berserk.
Mar 27, 2013 2:20 AM

May 2012
This is one of the best episodes. I like the scene when that woman was throwing thousands of swords

I'm just disappointed that this will end next week
Mar 27, 2013 4:36 AM

Jun 2010
GG. I AIN'T EVEN MAD. I WAS LAUGHING HARD. IT'S PRETTY AMAZING HOW CAN A-1 FUCK UP THIS SERIES SO MUCH. PURE TALENT I GUESS.

>Fucked up Animation
>Skipped scenes and chapters everywhere
>Bad sequencing
>Messed up dialouges
>Did I already said horrible animation?

OF COURSE, THE NEW AND THE MOST EPIC

>ORIGINAL FILLER ENDING!!! AND NOT TO MENTION ITS A FUCKING HORRIBLE ONE.

Only A-1, only A-1 can do this. Their soooooo awesome. Awesome enough to just close down their shitty business. I think a restaurant is a better business for them.

Wooohoooo, we just got another Ao no Exorcist.

Thanks A-1 you're the best. Best troll.

If they kill off Dunya next episode then I might as well send them with some awesome threat letters.
bastek66 said:
Fuck you, A-1

x10

---

P.S Those who are saying they didn't follow the Manga from the start are pretty retarded.
-MgZ_Mar 27, 2013 4:40 AM
Mar 27, 2013 5:37 AM
Aug 2009
Alibaba dark :O

This episode was filler??
Mar 27, 2013 8:34 AM

Apr 2008
GAARA_88 said:
Alibaba dark :O

This episode was filler??

Completely filler
Mar 27, 2013 10:12 AM

Aug 2012
Calumz said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Calumz said:

ur not alone its the 20 manga fans who hate it the people who watch just the anime love it

lol speak for yourself..

rated 8.2 out of 17k votes?

Well considering how high it was a while a back, the fact it's fallen even this far is telling. And lots of people don't change their ratings till it's over, and a lot haven't rated yet.
Mar 27, 2013 10:49 AM

Mar 2013
Sheet, I hate filler endings. This could be such an opportunity...
Mar 27, 2013 12:13 PM
Sep 2012
It was raining blood in this episode. I don't really get why Alibaba was all "Don't feel bad for her" and then switched to "Oh no, don't die" when Isnan attacked Dunya.
Mar 27, 2013 12:52 PM

Jan 2011
GuiltyKing said:
See? I knew I'd be laughing my ass off watching this episode. In truth I could write quite a bit about why this week's Magi sucked but I'll just correct the Hakuryuu related stuff.
Actually, I'll have to write somewhat more if I want you to get the whole picture.

Thank you for enumerating the deviations from the manga. That pretty much explains to me the passion with which manga readers are hating this adaptation. I wish that the studio had decided to go with something much closer to canon and instead of an ass-pull anime only ending chose an appropriate arc for a cliffhanger or season arc ending instead. I'd much rather see the real manga animated than what we've got (maybe we should love bomb ufotable since they redeemed Fate with their remake).

On the other hand. those of us who haven't read the manga (or your spoiler) will probably give this a reasonably good rating based on its merits. I think that's why there is a touch of acrimony in the exchanges. Manga readers are comparing it to what it could (and should) have been, anime only folks are comparing it only to competing shows.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 27, 2013 12:58 PM

Jan 2012
Really like this. Don't care about manga, so ep was ok for me. Though it's a bit strange at some parts. Loved when Hakuryuu lost his hand and Dunya's death was quite tense.
So, waiting for the filler ending. Hope, there will be the way to continue the story for s2.
Mar 27, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2012
trampler8324 said:
Really like this. Don't care about manga, so ep was ok for me. Though it's a bit strange at some parts. Loved when Hakuryuu lost his hand and Dunya's death was quite tense.
So, waiting for the filler ending. Hope, there will be the way to continue the story for s2.

theres no way for a s2 since its an original anime ending.. how can they continue when they did a big U turn from the source material..

Mar 27, 2013 2:23 PM
Aug 2012
I am disappointed, it would be fine if this would have like 100+ episodes but the last one will be next week and this is with what they come.
Mar 27, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
Good episode, very enjoyable.

But really, A-1 seems to enjoy fucking us up with these filler ending.
Mar 27, 2013 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
trampler8324 said:

Let me explain this to you.....
They legitimately took the anime and STABBED IT LIKE 4637632 TIMES until it became unrecognizable in that ending, destroying it all hopes for a Season 2, kinda like how they did that to Ao no Exorcist. But hey, they can always throw some filler Magi movie while they're at it.
Mar 27, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2008
what was the point of changing it so much.....this episode just ruined everything. meh ....4/10
Mar 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2008
trampler8324 said:
.__. you Need to watch more anime.

this episode 1/10 (1 because I still think the seiyuu's does a great job, otherwise, seriously there's nothing good in this episode at all, it was f*** painful to watch, I seriously question your mental health if you voted 'loved it' without trolling.)
Mar 27, 2013 7:20 PM
Mar 2013
why hakuryuu why
why ali why
i dont even know
i was excited and then BAM THE LOLS//
Mar 27, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2012
Kuroyu said:

lol on that sig..

Mar 27, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
@ Kuroyo
LOLOLOLOLOL XDDDDD Your sig is soo funny! XDDD
Mar 28, 2013 12:04 AM

Feb 2013
dam filler ending now no way of a second season
Mar 28, 2013 1:42 AM

Aug 2009
Sheesh, some of you people are not friendly at all...

Those who watch Magi anime and like it shouldn't be bashed by people who mean the opposite.
Mar 28, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
Since I plan to read the manga after the final episode next week, based from the comments, they basically only altered Sindria and Zagan arc viciously but the previous ones are fine?

Because I don't want to start at the beginning especially Kassim and his BOREFEST of a story but if they altered too much from the get-go then I guess I'll endure it all :-/
Mar 28, 2013 7:41 AM
Oct 2008
How could they do such a thing? Damn, i was really hoping for a long show... ;/
Till now it has outranked every shounen anime in such short time (24 episodes till now)...
How pitiful they decided to end it like that! ;/
Mar 28, 2013 8:17 AM
Feb 2012
LanceC said:
Since I plan to read the manga after the final episode next week, based from the comments, they basically only altered Sindria and Zagan arc viciously but the previous ones are fine?

Because I don't want to start at the beginning especially Kassim and his BOREFEST of a story but if they altered too much from the get-go then I guess I'll endure it all :-/

Trust me when I say that you should read it from the beginning. It's a completely different experience and more importantly, you get the story told the way it should be. You'll even see Kassim in a new light since his story is anything but a "borefest" as you said so eloquently. Besides, the manga is a surprisingly fast read but once you're invested in the story, it's hard to stop.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 28, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
I actually really enjoyed some parts of this episode, especially the Eight Generals' fights, Dunya's back story, and Hakuryuu's struggles, but I feel like it's heading into a questionable conclusion, mostly with that whole thing with Alibaba falling from grace. I'm only partly through the manga, so I don't know how much the anime ending is deviating from its respective chapters in the manga, but it's kind of unsettling to watch.

Alibaba just looks ridiculous...
Mar 28, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
ergghh gosh the ending was so suspenseful i wanna know what happens to alibaba!! i tried searching it up on the magi manga but i couldn't find that part. it didn't follow the story arc in the manga.... aww
Mar 28, 2013 6:34 PM
Mar 2009
bastek66 said:
Fuck you, A-1
Mar 28, 2013 6:41 PM

Sep 2010
I usually don't read manga, but looks like I will in this case. Is Dunya showed more in the manga? I really liked her.
Mar 28, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2010
One more episode... end already -.-
Mar 28, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 2011
livingdeadkat said:
Is Dunya showed more in the manga? I really liked her.

Yes she does.
Mar 28, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
Well this show is ruined. And Gintama is over. I feel like I just got kicked in the balls.
Mar 28, 2013 9:01 PM

Oct 2011
To think that I actually thought the adaption was doing fine, good even, during Balbadd. Then they go around and spring this random original ending that goes completely against Alibaba's character. Great. I sincerely thought they could have ended right at the end of the Zagan business, albeit rushed. Though really, I was used to the rush due to how they sped through the earlier chapters. I'd much rather have a rushed ending than this original ending. Personally, I thought the end of Balbadd would be the best conclusion.

I love Magi.
I am disappointed in this adaption. Some of my manga-reading friends dropped very early on because they disliked it, but I thought it was decent enough.

Now the only reason to finish watching this is that I'm so close to the end, anyway.

Reboot when?
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Mar 28, 2013 10:02 PM
Apr 2010
Poor Dunya, didn't think she would be dealt with like that... Entertaining episode though, doesn't look like there's any hope left for Alibaba. I hope it ends with a complete bad guy wins ending, would love to see Alibaba lead Al Thamen to world dominance (or Sindria dominance at least) instead of Aladdin and Sinbad conjuring up some bullshit.
Mar 29, 2013 3:29 AM

Oct 2010
Right now it's pretty much all over the place so I hope they at least tie up the loose ends.
Mar 29, 2013 10:15 AM

Jun 2012
Noooooooooooooo... Why the original ending, why?... T_T
Oh, well, bring on the reboot! (And please choose a less shitty voice for Aladdin...)

Mar 29, 2013 10:26 AM
Oct 2011
GuiltyKing said:
LanceC said:

Trust me when I say that you should read it from the beginning. It's a completely different experience and more importantly, you get the story told the way it should be. You'll even see Kassim in a new light since his story is anything but a "borefest" as you said so eloquently. Besides, the manga is a surprisingly fast read but once you're invested in the story, it's hard to stop.
Well, what's ruined can't be fixed easily. It's really sad seeing Kassim hated that much, I was expecting him to get more fans, but seeing how messed up his character became I also removed him from my favorites. Way to ruin such a great character, A-1. Even after rereading Balbadd in the manga once I dropped the anime, the anime's Kassim can't get out of my head. The anime killed that arc for whoever wants to read it once again. Maybe I'll read it again a couple of months or years later after I forget the existence of this crap.

Though if Balbadd to be read by anime-only viewers, they should read it for the missing and skipped panels and changed content, namely Markkio and Aladdin & Ugo's conversation, and some other stuff that was skipped in A-1's 5-chapter per episode pace.
Candor123Mar 29, 2013 10:35 AM
Mar 29, 2013 3:40 PM
Oct 2008
well, this is getting weird
Mar 29, 2013 7:13 PM

Apr 2011
How the hell is this gonna turn out....
Mar 29, 2013 7:30 PM

Apr 2011
echiomega said:
Damn, the ending of this ep didn't follow the manga... Guess now there's a lesser chance of a S2.

Same here I havent read the manga but I guess I will after the anime is done since it seems to go farther. I thought it was going to be 50+ episodes but I guess not.
Mar 30, 2013 12:05 AM

Jun 2010
Ouch, poor Hakyryuu...
But seriously, when blocking an attack, why would you spread out your arms?
Hope they don't ruin the badass Sinbad moment.
Mar 30, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2008
livingdeadkat said:
I usually don't read manga, but looks like I will in this case. Is Dunya showed more in the manga? I really liked her.
Yes, she's portraied alot better also ._.
Racaholic said:
Well this show is ruined. And Gintama is over. I feel like I just got kicked in the balls.
ugh, feels y__y
BiscuittRoot said:
Ouch, poor Hakyryuu...
But seriously, when blocking an attack, why would you spread out your arms?
Hope they don't ruin the badass Sinbad moment.
because A-1 wants everyone to look and act ridiculously.
...badass Sinbad moment? :o

final showdown tomorrow...
Mar 30, 2013 6:43 AM

May 2008
Candor said:
It's really sad seeing Kassim hated that much, I was expecting him to get more fans, but seeing how messed up his character became I also removed him from my favorites. Way to ruin such a great character, A-1. Even after rereading Balbadd in the manga once I dropped the anime, the anime's Kassim can't get out of my head. The anime killed that arc for whoever wants to read it once again. Maybe I'll read it again a couple of months or years later after I forget the existence of this crap.
I know. I also really would like to know who is going to give me back the love I had for Alibaba in the manga now, that I've seen him the adaptation. I just can't seem to like him anymore. T_T
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.