Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for March 11th - 17th

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2013 11:59 PM
Mar 2010
So I hope Sakurasou got a good boost for it's novel sales? like Mondaiji?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 26, 2013 12:23 AM

May 2012
edl01 said:
I hate seeing Bacanno on the light novel list...it reminds me that we're never getting a second season.
*cries*

Zee530 said:
I'm tired of seeing OP at the top :P

No king rules forever. Even if at this rate it is looking like Oda is going to die of old age before finishing One Piece.

How a reign ends is important.

I can almost bet anything that One Piece wont be dethroned by anything while it remains active. When its supremacy and reign ends, it will almost surely be because the manga has ended.
9988Mar 26, 2013 12:29 AM
Mar 26, 2013 1:23 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:

Not huge. Volume 8 in October I suppose the anime had already started but in the time since, not a big pickup as 8 sold 36990 in two weeks, not far below 9 this week. Will look for 7...

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=509579&redirect=1
Mar 26, 2013 1:41 AM

Apr 2011
9988 said:
edl01 said:
I hate seeing Bacanno on the light novel list...it reminds me that we're never getting a second season.
*cries*

Zee530 said:

No king rules forever. Even if at this rate it is looking like Oda is going to die of old age before finishing One Piece.

I can almost bet anything that One Piece wont be dethroned by anything while it remains active. When its supremacy and reign ends, it will almost surely be because the manga has ended.

Well, it will be hard for anything to do that. The closest one to doing so at the moment is Naruto and One Piece puts at least double the figures on each volume. Naruto might get a boost when it ends, but I still doubt it can top One Piece. So yeah, I don't see anything that is currently publishing to top One Piece. Though maybe, AssClass might do it once it gets an anime adaption since it has beaten One Piece in the WSJ rankings a couple of times.
Mar 26, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
9988 said:
edl01 said:
*cries*

Zee530 said:

Even then. Once One Piece ends there will most likely be TONS of new readers. Lots of people won't read it now because it's too long and there's no end in sight. Like most manga's, once it ends, there will be a new reader base for a short while. And of course... with how great One Piece is, the new base will probably buy tons more volumes :)

Also, if Oda is able to end One Piece in good health, he will most likely start something new. Yesterday while scanning the threads I saw, I think it was a post of a few years ago, that the manga company that produces OP will be in huge trouble once OP ends because Naruto and Bleach, along with the other manga's, won't be able to cover the amount of income OP brings in. In response to that, Oda will again, most likely start a new series. Though he said it won't be as long as One Piece, the fan base of One Piece will definitely read that first chapter/volume- if not the entire series. It's Oda we're talking about- I doubt he's a one hit wonder.
Mar 26, 2013 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
DarkAngelz said:

Even then. Once One Piece ends there will most likely be TONS of new readers. Lots of people won't read it now because it's too long and there's no end in sight. Like most manga's, once it ends, there will be a new reader base for a short while. And of course... with how great One Piece is, the new base will probably buy tons more volumes :)

Also, if Oda is able to end One Piece in good health, he will most likely start something new. Yesterday while scanning the threads I saw, I think it was a post of a few years ago, that the manga company that produces OP will be in huge trouble once OP ends because Naruto and Bleach, along with the other manga's, won't be able to cover the amount of income OP brings in. In response to that, Oda will again, most likely start a new series. Though he said it won't be as long as One Piece, the fan base of One Piece will definitely read that first chapter/volume- if not the entire series. It's Oda we're talking about- I doubt he's a one hit wonder.

Regarding your first comment, a perfect example is because of the Marineford war and Strong World a lot of people have started getting into OP thus buying older volumes which led to the big number of sales that OP had in 2011 specifically. This thing could happen again if some other big thing happens in the series that gets even more people into it.

Oda mentioned a long time ago that he wants to do a robot/maybe mecha series after he finishes OP. However, now whenever he's asked what will he do after finishing OP, he says he'll take the Toriyama route, with doing one-shots and not another series. That's probably why Oda is doing all the things with General Franky because he wanted to do a robot manga.

Another thing, I think it's obvious that OP will not end before Bleach or Naruto.
Mar 26, 2013 6:56 PM

Sep 2012
Mecasonic said:
hpulley said:
phoenixalia said:

Not huge. Volume 8 in October I suppose the anime had already started but in the time since, not a big pickup as 8 sold 36990 in two weeks, not far below 9 this week. Will look for 7...

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=509579&redirect=1

Volume 7.5 sold 18,330 after three days (.5/Gaiden volumles typicaly sell less than regular volumes) and Volume 7 sold 26,680 in 6 days. So volume 8 and 9 are selling 10-15k more on their first few weeks.

And if we compare the official printing numbers from AMW:

2012/04 - 850k for 8 volumes = 106k per volume
2012/08 - 1.01 million for 9 volumes = 112k per volume
2012/10 - 1.36 million for 10 volumes = 136k per volume
2013/03 - 1.68 million for 11 volumes = 153k per volume

There's clearly a decent increase of sales even if it's not as good as Mondaiji.

Very different numbers from what we get out of Oricon, not sure how that works but I hope they're right...
Mar 26, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
Damn Ahiru no Sora is up there its popular as hell in japan but no one on MAL even mentions it the forums and only few actually read it. From the stats I've been looking at of its past releases its always selling quite well.
I guess people are to busy with the shounen basketball counter part Kuroko no Basket....smh
Mar 27, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2011
Omamori Himari FTW
Mar 28, 2013 11:24 AM

Oct 2007
Snowical said:
The weekly manga and light novels rankings for March 11th - 17th

44, *17,963 *,*17,963 Vassalord. Vol.7

+1 because I bought it on 18th! I reserved the limited edition with OVA on Animate but couldn't buy it earlier!
It's not often that we find BL (soft but still) manga in the ranking! Specially since it was out on March 15!
Vassalord needs even more love ^o^
amayihMar 28, 2013 11:28 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.