Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I definitely enjoyed watching this one. So much blood and bloody:

Dat struggles and memories and tears. Glad everything is being resolved now. I also enjoyed watching some of monotone music this episode as well and wow, looks like the fiend really does seems to have gone strange now wanting them to kill it? Wow.

8/10 overall. I'm thinking about reading the novels in the future as well :3 definitely enjoyed this series.
Stark700Mar 22, 2013 9:44 AM
Mar 22, 2013 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
This show,just wow
Mar 22, 2013 10:35 AM
Sep 2011
Highlights of this episodes were:

YAY! FINALLY!!!

SakixSatoru FOREVER!
Mar 22, 2013 10:38 AM
Mar 2013
DAT ending :mc-love:
dat soundtrack, ;infinite tears;
I Love it!!!!
Mar 22, 2013 10:59 AM
Sep 2011
deadsea said:
I Love it!!!!

Who would have thought this show will have a happy ending. I'm really happy about that. But I loved this show so much, i'm so sad that it's over :-(
Mar 22, 2013 11:02 AM
Nov 2012
Well that was a very rushed episode. They've skipped over a lot of stuff. Like Satoru confronting Squealer right after the Akki's death.
Mar 22, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2011
deave112 said:
deadsea said:
I Love it!!!!

Who would have thought this show will have a happy ending. I'm really happy about that. But I loved this show so much, i'm so sad that it's over :-(

I'm not sure you can call it a happy ending. Bittersweet maybe. I mean seriously. Their village was destroyed, most of their families, mentors, and friends were killed. Of course Saki and Satoru would end up together in the end. All they had left was each other.

Still a great story overall. It improved immensely as the series went on. Still had plot holes and other minor issues. It was a good well crafted story.
CirrisMar 22, 2013 11:26 AM
Mar 22, 2013 12:05 PM
Oct 2012
My Kiroumaru...
I miss him so much
Anyway, he is the best character in this series
Mar 22, 2013 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
While Saki and Satoru end up together, they will remember all the pain and suffering they went through plus losing their friends and family along the way. Bittersweet ending seems pretty appropriate here.
Mar 22, 2013 12:49 PM
Sep 2011
Elite60 said:
While Saki and Satoru end up together, they will remember all the pain and suffering they went through plus losing their friends and family along the way. Bittersweet ending seems pretty appropriate here.

While they've lost everyone they ever loved, they've still managed to move on with their lives and they're seem happy in the end.

That said that final scene with Saki's parents and all of their dead friends really made me sad. Thay've lost SO MUCH. It's just so sad to think that they are the only two left and that they will never see Maria, Mamoru and Shun ever again :-(
Mar 22, 2013 2:15 PM
Jan 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this anime it was awesome TT^TT
Happy for Satoru x Saki though X3
Mar 22, 2013 2:56 PM

Nov 2012
Very nice, I would rate this 10/10 but -1 because of the controversial episodes (9/10)
Mar 22, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2011
I definitely enjoyed this anime :) gonna miss mariaXsaki, sakiXsatoru :P

I hope the novel will be translated soon.. wanna read the novel so much..xD
Mar 22, 2013 6:00 PM

Jan 2009
10/10 :) I regret NOTHING!
english isn't my native language... ;)
Mar 22, 2013 7:46 PM

Apr 2010
Had quite high hopes for this show. Ended up being a solid 8/10 and very enjoyable though not reaching the heights I was hoping.
Mar 22, 2013 8:45 PM
Mar 2013
10/10 ;_;
I wanna read the novel now.
Mar 22, 2013 9:42 PM
Jul 2011
Damn wtf? I was expecting Saki to question about Maria and Mamoru and make Squealer apologize...
Mar 22, 2013 10:56 PM

Aug 2009
WWII, Im just sayin...

This episode gave me chills through out the whole time,

Kiroumarus death
-Besr scene, I agree Kiroumaru is the best character in the story. With the slow motion and everything you can tell they put time on this scene :P

flashbacks of maria when akki dies
-Aww maria so cute Good times feels like I watched this anime for more than a year

Satoru remembers shin
- I dont know I just thought this part was really cool too

The beautiful sceneries after the akki death scene
-Although rushed they sure had some time to throw that in, still good stuff imo

squealer talking to satoru and saki
-As you listen to squealer you realize how true squealer is.

squealer at the court
- best scene, squealer is a hero!
-They treated squealer like whites did to blacks haha even made him naked, but he still stood up for what was right like MLKJr

squealers punishment...
- fckin brutal as hell, humans are devils!

satoru realizes bakenezumi's have human genes actually human
-Best scene, Another crazy remark satoru made about the fact that humans with juryoku were afraid of regular humans so they mutated them with rats and by the looks of kiroumaru dogs too?

saki and satoru marry
- congrats!

And the ending.. Flashbacks to its finest

Great Anime 10/10 Although I did have to rewatch episodes alot of times to understand wtf was going on, it was worth it!

MyShadow277 said:
Damn wtf? I was expecting Saki to question about Maria and Mamoru and make Squealer apologize...

Lol this episode was so great I forgot about that matter!
She did try to make squealer apologize but he asked her to say sorry for all the deaths of his people in the past.
[right]

Mar 23, 2013 12:07 AM

Jun 2009
Based on the bits I understood in the raws ~ WOW! Animation and acting were great. Saki and Satoru scenes were awesome . Ditto for Squealer and Kiromaru. I want to read the novel now!
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Mar 23, 2013 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
I think people should now understand why I said earlier the novel is so great - and the anime, by following faithfully the novel, is great in providing an enhanced experience of the story in the novel, despite its occasional sakuga and directing issues.

This work asks penetrating and insightful thought-provoking questions about a lot of things, from human identity, to discrimination to trade-off and sacrifices for the survival of a society that is peaceful and safe etc etc. There is really no absolute good and evil, right or wrong, for all sides involved. The emergence of Cantus in certain human 1000 years ago set forth profound changes to humanity and after long periods of chaos, brutality and cruelty, we have this equilibrium between cantus human and the queerat human. An oasis of apparent pastoral peace is revealed little by little, layer by layer to require deep sacrifice, be it of their younger generation or versus other sentient races (which turned out to be really their relatives), filled always with concern and worry about how future leads - when will there another goma? Or another akki? Or those mutation in the wild? Even the queerats can now be a deadly threat, one that can betray if the opportunities arise. Within all these there are noble deeds of honor and faith by Kiromaru's self-sacrifice (and other humans trying to save other humans), and then there is the deeds by Squealer who will always be controversial depending on which side writes the history. Like most revolution or liberation heroes in our history, he will be the hero who tried to bring liberation and democracy to his own race but he will forever be the ultimate deceitful traitor and cunning conspirator that would stop at nothing until genocide of cantus human is accomplished.

As for squealer's punishment, remember what Tomiko said when she heard so many of her beloved neighbors and colleagues have died in the sqeeurat ambushes and sneak attacks? She wanted squealer to die a painful and slow death, by having his life taken only bit by bit everyday, such is her rage and bitterness at the betrayal and bloody mayhem facing her.
-
symbvMar 23, 2013 4:08 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 3:00 AM

Sep 2008
deave112 said:

YAY! FINALLY!!!

SakixSatoru FOREVER!

Damn, I regret opening the spoilers without watching the finale!! >.<
Mar 23, 2013 3:10 AM
Sep 2011
symbv said:

You were right. They've changed the Akki's gender from a boy to a girl.
deave112Mar 23, 2013 3:17 AM
Mar 23, 2013 3:36 AM

Mar 2010
totally called the queerrats being human from pretty much the first time i saw them, fantastic episode, and a flawless series, 10/10
Mar 23, 2013 3:39 AM

Feb 2013
Easily a 10 out of 10! The best show I've watched in a long time now (really hoping for a translation of the novels so I can read them as well). Anyone who knows the name of that song in the ending scenes? I've tried to find it in the OST's but it's just not there.
Mar 23, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2009
Amazing series!! Earlier I'd thought that perhaps the queerats were non-PKs who regressed naturally, so the reveal at the end was a little surprising.

I give it a 10/10 though it falls a little short of perfect. For final arc, I feel like Saki and Satoru had lost some of their character, though I guess that could just be explained by their maturation, which mellowed them. But I still miss the chibi versions. lol. Loved the soundtrack. It was incredibly effective at setting the mood and building tension. One of the best anime soundtracks I've listened to in a while.

I'll be recommending this to anyone who'll listennn. <3

TheSusurrous said:
Easily a 10 out of 10! The best show I've watched in a long time now (really hoping for a translation of the novels so I can read them as well). Anyone who knows the name of that song in the ending scenes? I've tried to find it in the OST's but it's just not there.

Second movement of Dvorak's 'From the New World'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYl4Xb4cDQ8
It takes a while to get to the melody you hear in the show.
hikoghertMar 23, 2013 3:59 AM
Mar 23, 2013 4:01 AM

May 2011
deave112 said:
symbv said:

You were right. They've changed the Akki's gender from a boy to a girl.

I would argue it was a logical choice for the anime to change the Akki to a girl.

The Novel author always seemed to make the males more aggressive. Satoru was aggressive. Most of the combative leaders were the aggressive ones. most of the historical fiends were males. So having the Akki be male was a logical choice for him.

However, it always seemed that the Akki was Maria's child and shared her striking red hair and similar characteristics. So when you animate the story it would be a logical choice to make the Akki a girl so it resembles its mother more.
CirrisMar 23, 2013 4:06 AM
Mar 23, 2013 4:05 AM

Sep 2011
So what now? I should have been cheering for the queerats it seems. I was relieved when "humans" won, but crap, those were descendants of disgusting mutant-killers, that destroyed our civilization, not actual humans, lol.
Overall, that was fantastic finale for another great, non-moe show.
Mar 23, 2013 4:09 AM

Sep 2012
Rednecked_Crake said:
The thing is there is moe in it, starting from the character design, but it just happens you does not recognise it as moe or you find it tolerable.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 4:17 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Rednecked_Crake said:
The thing is there is moe in it, starting from the character design, but it just happens you does not recognise it as moe or you find it tolerable.

Well, it was more plot driven show, and that's what I meant. And by moe, I meant not character designs or whatsover, but crap like pantsu shots, or overused tropes, which of course would be too far-fetched for "moe" definition. So perhaps I should have rephrased it as "not-characteristic". Besides, I'm not against moe, but sometimes you need a breath of fresh air.
Mar 23, 2013 4:20 AM

Sep 2009
10/10 for me. Even with all the small but painful changes from the novel it's still the best one of the last 2 seasons at least.
Mar 23, 2013 4:25 AM

Jun 2012
Bravo. This series was something else.
Mar 23, 2013 4:26 AM

Sep 2012
Rednecked_Crake said:
Well, it was more plot driven show, and that's what I meant. And by moe, I meant not character designs or whatsover, but crap like pantsu shots, or overused tropes, which of course would be too far-fetched for "moe" definition. So perhaps I should have rephrased it as "not-characteristic". Besides, I'm not against moe, but sometimes you need a breath of fresh air.
Then you use "moe" only for its negative connotation. As far as common usage in Japan is concerned, "moe" is not used for panty shots (there is a word "fan service" for it) and it is clear that "moe" does not equal to "overused tropes". And I do need a breath of fresh air, because of the frequent whiff of stale talk of "moe equals to crap and shit" is all too common.

===

On topic, I am glad that the last 2 seasons we have two 2-cour anime (both science fiction) that shows us sacrifice and trade-off in society for its well-being and survival can be greater than we thought but still necessary. Yes, I am talking about Shinsekai Yori and Psycho-Pass.
symbvMar 23, 2013 4:30 AM

Mar 23, 2013 4:28 AM

Aug 2010
BRAVO! Wonderful conclusion! :D

Kiroumaru died like a BOSS! Really loved the guy

RIP T_T

And that child was a girl? Well she was a sad existence :(

I actually felt really bad for squealer with the way he was treated and laughed at. Loved the scene where Saki put him out of his misery :*(

Satoru staying alive and marrying Saki was very nice. Saki is such a great female character :D
Barion-ZaraMar 23, 2013 4:56 AM
Mar 23, 2013 4:29 AM

Feb 2013
the ending is nice but I wonder if they successfully recover all babies that were taken away from nursery before the queerat imprint them.

its good to know that Satoru and Saki really move on after they remember their lost love.
Mar 23, 2013 4:32 AM
Mar 2008
Fantastic ending to a brilliant series. That's how you tell a story.
10/10.
Mar 23, 2013 4:37 AM

Sep 2011
Then you use "moe" only for its negative connotation. As far as common usage in Japan is concerned, "moe" is not used for panty shots (there is a word "fan service" for it) and it is clear that "moe" does not equal to "overused tropes". And I do need a breath of fresh air, because of the frequent whiff of stale talk of "moe equals to crap and shit" is all too common.

Alright, usage was wrong. "Crap and shit" is not equal to "crap like" though. Besides I've already said that what I meant and what I said was wrongly worded, which you seem to take as offense for definition of "moe". Perhaps forums are not the best places for searching for fresh and not stalled air.
Mar 23, 2013 5:20 AM
Aug 2012
This was probably the worst series I've watched to date, I can't say i enjoyed any moment of it at all.
Mar 23, 2013 5:23 AM

Sep 2012
^ Of course it would help if you can elaborate why you consider it the "worst" compared to every single anime you have watched.

Mar 23, 2013 5:30 AM

Oct 2011
^ I second that.

I loved the ending, especially the soundtrack, that was really amazing and powerful. I really feel bad for Squealer and for Kiroumaru.

The series overall was very refreshing!
Mar 23, 2013 5:40 AM
Aug 2012
The pacing was completely and utterly fucked, 2nd only to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. There were no likable characters at all, the story kept changing focus and attempted to be dramatic and the art was rather inconsistent in quality.

I really can only praise it on it's soundtrack and first ED.

Shit tier at best.
Mar 23, 2013 5:42 AM

Oct 2012
Well, the END. This anime went from high to low and ended mediocre.
It was good watch but nothing memorable that remains in my memory either. It raised a lot of ethic questions but their impact was rather shallow.
And I somehow knew quee-rats were human since ep4. Oh well, at least their ending is perfect fit for the rest of the series.

6/10
Mar 23, 2013 5:42 AM

Nov 2011
deave112 said:

YAY! FINALLY!!!

SakixSatoru FOREVER!

Satoru X Saki pairing is so strong that even the anime director who hates them cant deny them in the end!
The Art of Eight
Mar 23, 2013 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
To get this out of the way first: 9/10
Sometimes, I have problems rating Anime here because I can't decide between for example either 7 or 8, but here, it was very clear to me.
The whole story in its own was a masterpiece I have to say, all the problems that have been adressed are really like they are in the real world. That was just brilliantly made. I also really enjoyed the last episode. Sometimes I love an Anime but the last episode is not satisfying, but this one really was!
The reason I can't give it a perfect score is simple: Even though the whole story was great, I just didn't fully enjoy some episodes, some were just a bit boring too me. So overall, a still awesome show and I'll either rewatch it soon or read the novels.

Just one question!
So, what happened to Maria and Mamoru...has there ever been an expenation I missed whether they dies or whatever? That's all, everything else is clear to me! XD
Mar 23, 2013 5:43 AM

Aug 2010
That was... great.
I was almost tearing up at the end when they showed all of the characters saying something to Saki ;_;
Such a fantastic show, I'll give it a well deserved 9/10

Also, I'm happy that Satoru and Saki got together, they look so cute.
Mar 23, 2013 5:44 AM

Jun 2012
I think the series lost a lot of its impact in the latest arc, a bit disappointing, there wasn't anything new, surprising or emotional impacted.
But I still think the series is one of the better ones and deserves positive feedback. There were many things I liked, especially young Saki and the OST were great.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 23, 2013 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
The Kiroumaru here is so much more boss than the Kiroumaru in Naruto. One of the best war arc (if not the best) that I've seen.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 23, 2013 5:52 AM

Sep 2011
Sorayin said:
The pacing was completely and utterly fucked, 2nd only to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. There were no likable characters at all, the story kept changing focus and attempted to be dramatic and the art was rather inconsistent in quality.

Shit tier at best.

LOLOLOL. No.
Mar 23, 2013 5:53 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Sorayin said:
Shit tier at best.

LOLOLOL. No.
Pretty laughable, right LOL

To be honest, the show has its issues but pacing issue is a small one. As for no likable characters, perhaps he just hates the world portrayed in the story who have to live by their own rules. And the story shifts focus for a reason as it drills deeper into the darker mystery of the world and the brewing troubles within. Attempts to be dramatic? It is dramatic in the sense it has solid drama. The only thing I agree is that the art can be inconsistent in quality.
symbvMar 23, 2013 5:56 AM

Mar 23, 2013 5:55 AM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
Tyrel said:
Sorayin said:

Shit tier at best.

LOLOLOL. No.
Pretty laughable, right LOL

What did you expect ?
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 23, 2013 5:56 AM

Mar 2013
10/10

not even a MAL user but made an account just for the sake of commenting this.

RIP 2013.03.23 - 新世界より
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.