Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was the worst of the show. It has lowerd the overall score even, the final ep will have to be really good to solve that issue. I don't mind about the cop however.
Mar 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2012
So the cop had two personalities. It was a rather interesting development.

Mar 21, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Anyone who says it was obvious- well, I said it could be MPD- but it could have easily been the older cop too. I think everyone gave the writers more credit than the way it turned out. Altogether a lazy finale.

'Opps- my phone- it's OK- Manabe can teleport up a few flights of stairs to the roof of a building he doesn't know the location of if I need him- he'll be over our spat by then...'

Also, MPD doesn't work that way- but that's another story.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 21, 2013 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
Well I gave the female cop a 50% chance of being the perp, although I still think they took the easy way out. Manabe coming to block the baton swing in the final seconds was no surprise at all. It was a pity that this arc was so weak considering how strong some of the other arcs and backstories were.

Moritani's confession and rejection was pretty good and Muroto and Mifune were pretty cute in the hospital so I think they salvaged the episode. But take a lesson from the detective Kotoura. If you perpetually hold in the negative feelings and keep forgiving everyone who does you wrong, at some point you'll snap. And we've all seen what happens when someone with psychic powers snaps and it isn't pretty.... Better find some way to relieve that stress fast. I sure Manabe-kun has some creative ideas...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
DAMN... last week i brought up the idea of split personality as a possibility of why it could be the female cop (page 2 if your wondering) but was hoping that this wasn't the case and that it would be concluded in a better outcome. Although the show has disappointed me from an eye catching opening episode i wouldn't say it's necessarily bad, it's a shame there wan't any more interaction or an arc dedicated to Kotoura and her mother as it would be more entertaining than the current arc.Although i suppose that would be something for latter on in the series if there's ever a season 2.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Mar 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
Just thinking about it, shouldn't Manabe's arm be broken from trying to block a hit like that with a baton?

But yeah the episode was okay. Kotoura's constant depression is really beginning to get annoying. In the beginning I felt sorry for her, now it's like its becoming redundant.

The cop being the attacker wasn't surprising, and neither was her having a split personality. However, I do think they could have done a better job with her arrest. I mean, the woman DOES have a psychological disorder that will potentially get others hurt. Her other, more dominant personality might try to take over again, and then where would you be? She obviously has the inclination to hurt or even possibly kill others. They need to arrest her and get her some help! Not take her on a date?! What is wrong with the police in this town?
Mar 21, 2013 7:14 PM

Mar 2011
Irenesharda said:
Just thinking about it, shouldn't Manabe's arm be broken from trying to block a hit like that with a baton?

I think he was in Bankai considering he teleported in front of her, so it makes sense..... right?

I did keep telling everyone that this show is incredibly simple and stupid right? I did? Oh good, because it is.
Mar 21, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2011
Yeah, this series started out great. It's really fizzling bad now.
Mar 21, 2013 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
I think I'm one of the few people that still loves this Anime very much regardless of today's episode compared to some dropping or rating it below 5 it because of an obvious episode. Everyone has a right to hate a series because of a episode but it was coming.
Mar 21, 2013 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
The last few episodes have been pretty badly written... maybe we can forget about them with the finale...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 21, 2013 9:23 PM
Sep 2012
I thought that most of the episode was not bad, but I really didn't like the ending. I thought that it was some major ass-pull.

Moritani was good in this episode. I LOL'd when Moritani covered herself after being thrown on the wall with her legs open like that and Moritani showing up as a demon at Manabe's place was funny too. I liked the confession and the part when she finally sets Manabe straight about not being there for Kotoura.

I suspected the cop, but I couldn't say for sure that it was her because Kotoura didn't read anything from her. The whole split personality thing was good and I liked seeing that evil personality come out.

The thing I really didn't like was how Manabe showed up just in time - even though no one even knew where the apartment was. It got worse in how Kotoura managed to get the cop to give up and surrender by just talking.
Mar 21, 2013 9:43 PM

Feb 2012
Didn't like this episode that much, the resolution to this arc was rushed and badly written. Oh well one episode left.
Mar 21, 2013 9:55 PM
Sep 2012
They messed up this episode. And to think this is the second to the last episode. This is just proving Kotoura is the worst show of this season. I hope the show will save itself for the last one.
Mar 21, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
So that detective has 2 personality that's why kotoura can't read her criminal mind
Boring episode

Mar 21, 2013 11:48 PM

May 2012
And that's the end of 1 cour anime for me. Except for comedies. I'll still watch those. Rest is shit.
Mar 22, 2013 12:31 AM

May 2008
My heart stopped for a moment and then bam teleporting Manabe to the rescue HAHAHAHA.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 22, 2013 12:57 AM

Feb 2013
This Criminal Arc wasn't really needed for this anime or at least for an anime with only 12 episodes to spare. IMO they should have focused on more conflicts between the students and Kotoura or the relationship between Kotoura, Manabe, Moritani and the relationship between Mifune and Muroto. I still really enjoy it! Hopefully they get a season 2 or more episodes to spare.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Mar 22, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2010
God, that was painful to watch.
Ludicrous is the only way to describe it, well at least Moritani got rejected and I laughed for a bit.
Mar 22, 2013 1:31 AM

Jan 2011
Is it weird i'm forgetting the reason why i liked this show..
Mar 22, 2013 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
Sooooo, how did Manabe get to Kotora so damn fast?

Obvious culprit is obvious.

Mar 22, 2013 2:47 AM

Aug 2010
Not my favorite episode either...but the love confession and the interaction between Muroto and Mifune were nice. 3/5. So...is it Last Boss time?
Mar 22, 2013 3:11 AM

Oct 2011
wow I think it was obvious that it was the detective but I wanted to know and I got it. I don't really care about the who on things like this, I care more for the why.

ANyways, I didn't like the whole Moritani confession scene and Manabe saying sorry for her for what he did when she did something a hundred times worse. Did the detective not get arrested? I also don't like that if it's the case. This whole tihng is all about forgiveness..... even blue haired girl and her avenge to her mother

Don't like it. Revenge is sweet.

And with those observation, feels like Kotoura will forgive her mother. Fuck that.

Dropping to a 7/10 from an 8.
Mar 22, 2013 3:37 AM

May 2008
It reminded me of two shows at once, Nekomonogatari ("the stress made me do it") and Persona 4 ("suddenly, Shadow Detective appeared!").
Mar 22, 2013 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
the hell did I just watched? WORST.ANTAGONIST.EVER
Mar 22, 2013 6:55 AM

Nov 2012
Iasuru said:

Dropping to a 7/10 from an 8.

I'll give you a cookie if you reconsider. :P Think of the great, exciting first half as well as the OP, EDs.
But yeah, might be dropping mine from 9 to 8 as well.

Show reminds me so much of Haruhi and how it could have been great.

Mar 22, 2013 6:58 AM
Jun 2008
I know its a different anime but I hate to say this
Manabe>Kodaka
That confession scene was well handle xD

Rito-san(To LOVE-Ru), what happen to you !!!
MorningGloryMar 22, 2013 7:11 AM
Mar 22, 2013 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
Meh. Obvious criminal was obvious just from the hairstyle that was shown lol.

Average show so far from its great start it fell. Criminal goes down as easily as throwing a rock from a cliff.
Mar 22, 2013 9:17 AM

Mar 2011
MorningGlory said:
Manabe>Kodaka

Lies.

People here sound so disappointed with this episode, and complain how downhill Kotoura-san has fallen.

I disagree, Kotoura-san hasn't fallen at all, it was always this shit, you guys just didn't notice.
Mar 22, 2013 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
MorningGlory said:
I know its a different anime but I hate to say this
Manabe>Kodaka
That confession scene was well handle xD

Rito-san(To LOVE-Ru), what happen to you !!!

Exactly! though Kodaka just run off while Manabe answered.

This episode was kinda boring. its obvious that the female detective is the criminal anyway looking forward to the last episode i hope its a good one.
Mar 22, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2012
fuck yall kodaka is badass. fuck all them girls (cept for rika) kodaka is his own man.
Mar 22, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:
MorningGlory said:
Manabe>Kodaka

Lies.

People here sound so disappointed with this episode, and complain how downhill Kotoura-san has fallen.

I disagree, Kotoura-san hasn't fallen at all, it was always this shit, you guys just didn't notice.

One bad episode does not mean a bad series.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 22, 2013 11:30 AM

Nov 2008
And i was expecting some twists and turns :/

The rejection scene was sad.. overall enjoyable ep.
Mar 22, 2013 11:39 AM
Oct 2012
The Detective? Really? Split personality? Sheesh. And here I thought it was going to be her mother's boyfriend (and having to deal with her Mother again about driving someone off because of her mind reading ability), or maybe even her father getting revenge (I imagine there were some consequences to walking out on the wife, considering how rich her family is). But nope, split personality. This does explain why she couldn't mind read the assailant, but still.

Still a good series. I was hoping for something darker, similar to the first couple of episodes, but I hope we don't end with completely anticlimactic sap.
Mar 22, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
Did a bot write this rejection scene?

The rest of ths episode was just retarded. But I had to laugh when I saw the cops being as late as usual, even high school teenagers are faster than them.
Mar 22, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2009
this episode.. it was too fast.. So this means, she have two personalities. It reminds me of another anime series just like this.. the other one is good while the other is bad..
Mar 22, 2013 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
First Amnesia and now Kotoura-san ? What's this, a new trend in anime, bring out a new antagonist with a split personality disorder ? Well, Lucy and Sensui are the champions when it comes to split personalities, so Ukyo ( Amnesia) and the female police officer / detective stand no chance.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Mar 22, 2013 2:31 PM

Feb 2012
Cliché... kinda disappointed. But gotta give credit to Tsukino-san's seiyuu amazing performance.
Mar 22, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
Tsukino's split personality was scary D:

Also I really wish Kotoura would stop blaming herself for everything :(
Mar 22, 2013 3:10 PM
Oct 2009
InfiniteRyvius said:

I saw potential in the beginning, and I enjoyed some of the mindless typical romcom episodes, but this "arc" was just plain stupid, and did not offer humor.

I also lowered the score I'd given it.
Mar 22, 2013 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
Ruzgfpegk said:
It reminded me of two shows at once, Nekomonogatari ("the stress made me do it") and Persona 4 ("suddenly, Shadow Detective appeared!").

Except Neko Black is fucking awesome and the portrayal of how and why Hanekawa was so stressed was done beautifully and vividly.

Orevataf said:

Show reminds me so much of Haruhi and how it could have been great.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HARUHI EATS THIS SHIT FOR BREAKFAST
Mar 22, 2013 3:26 PM

Nov 2009
Obviously the culprit was the Tsukino-san and I kind of guessed that it had something to do with split personality.

The episode was alright but it wasn't surprising and I just thought her giving up was a bit too easily done.

Nevertheless, it seems like next time, we'll see some decent stuff as shown in the preview.

Looking forward to the final episode!!!

Mar 22, 2013 3:38 PM
Mar 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:
MorningGlory said:
Manabe>Kodaka

Lies.

Agreed. This show had a lot of potential with that strong first episode. Then it just went the route of generic moe garbage 101. Damn, this could have been the first moe show I liked. Oh well.
Mar 22, 2013 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was...unfortunate. I really liked where this episode was going...but then that ending. Yukino gets off with nothing? She attacked all those students and all she gets is a "well, you're alright since you know what you did is wrong." Not only is Yukino not fired, but she's not even arrested? That's BS. I don't care if it was a split personality that was doing it. Even people that do things like this that have split personalities are either imprisoned or institutionalized.

It's really a shame. I thought this was a pretty decent series, but I can't get over the fact that Yukino wasn't punished. At least the ESP club end of it was okay...
Mar 22, 2013 3:59 PM

Aug 2012
Toucanbird said:
This episode was...unfortunate. I really liked where this episode was going...but then that ending. Yukino gets off with nothing? She attacked all those students and all she gets is a "well, you're alright since you know what you did is wrong." Not only is Yukino not fired, but she's not even arrested? That's BS. I don't care if it was a split personality that was doing it. Even people that do things like this that have split personalities are either imprisoned or institutionalized.

It's really a shame. I thought this was a pretty decent series, but I can't get over the fact that Yukino wasn't punished. At least the ESP club end of it was okay...

I think she was arrested, it was just hard to tell because it looked more like a casual conversation than an arrest. I can't imagine why they thought making it so unrealistic was a good idea.
Mar 22, 2013 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
Nothing much to discuss here lol, let's hope the final eps will be somewhat good..
Keep moving forward
Mar 22, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Toucanbird said:

I think she was arrested, it was just hard to tell because it looked more like a casual conversation than an arrest. I can't imagine why they thought making it so unrealistic was a good idea.

It was hard to tell but it didn't seem like she was arrested.
Mar 22, 2013 4:09 PM

Oct 2009
My opinion on this episode:

Oh, man.
F
U
B
A
R
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 22, 2013 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
Obvious as hell plot twist and lame as hell split personality disorder.

Also Manabe just coming in and saving the day, getting in front of them without either of 'em noticing, without knowing the address, all of it screamed Deus ex Machina.

This show has fell so low.
Mar 22, 2013 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
Next week they will have to do something pretty extraordinary to redeem this anime. At this point my score has gone down as well.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 22, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
mora404 said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
MorningGlory said:
Manabe>Kodaka

Lies.

One bad episode does not mean a bad series.

But there's been quite a lot of bad episodes.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.