Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2012
Wtf? The confession just came out of nowhere! Not that I have a problem with them trying to speed up the plot since they only have one episode left, but, it seems a little too sporadic in terms of how they implemented the scene. O well, can't wait to see how they end the second season :D
Mar 21, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder what was under Rika's pillow in the infirmary. A recording device?
Mar 21, 2013 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
Science girl overworked. So no more movie. lol @ the guy reading BL for science girl and she's recording it! Wow @ the movie.

Vice-pres. coming to the club to destroy it. Wow, Yozora and Meat are stronger. Wow at Maria's truth, but took care of quickly. The marriage does happen? And her confession just spilled out like that. He ran away.

Airing 2:25 (finale) next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 21, 2013 4:57 PM

Mar 2013
I cannot remember the last time I got this mad at Kodaka. His dense act had worked in the past, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD it just doesn't work there! If episode 12 doesn't bring some kind of closure (or at least Sena x Kodaka ending), then my entire outlook on this anime will turn out much bleaker than I initially thought it would.
"Why can't real life have choices and save points?" -Sena Kashiwazaki
Mar 21, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
Inb4 kodaka bashing.

First of all that confession came out of nowhere, I think many of us in the same position would act super nervous like that.

2ndly we all know why kodaka doesn't want to accept any romance from any of the girls right now. It will ruin all their friendships so before calling him a coward please think about that. The guy never had any true friends in his life and he thinks choosing one girl will potentially ruin all their friendships.

But the confession is a good thing, now he can stop ignoring everything and face it, eventually they will get through it facing all possible consequences.
Mar 21, 2013 5:05 PM

Nov 2007
Kodaka is so obviously acting the oblivious now it is obvious that fans will start to despise him.

I really want to know what makes him do what he does and intentionally avoid the girls who have fallen for him.

Despite of Kodaka being a complete ass, I am bumping the rating for the anime to a 9/10. The redeeming features are way too many for this anime to sit in an 8/10.

First of all, Sena and Yozora finally starting to show they actually care for one another and somehow, even though they wouldn't admit, are already very good friends.

Secondly, Maria and Kobato are just running, jumping, talking angels!

And finally, and most importantly, Rika. She has been a revelation in NEXT. By far, the best female character in the anime and if anything, can be the only reason, good enough to make me give this season a 9/10.

I hope there is a third season. Because this anime is pure gold.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 2011
What i'm seeing here is the same as in real life , the dude can never be seen as the good guy , indeed his act is stupid since all the clubmates heard and he even ran away from a person confessing their feelings for him which i find horrible but still he is just trying to keep the friends he has gained , basically he is kinda cornered , or he accepts one girls feelings and may lose the others friendship , or accepts none and still loses their friendship , well i kinda understand him since i tend to keep my distance too (not that i've been in a situation like that anyway) , and still...this is just my opinion x)
Nov 2012
Guys, what has been adapted to the anime is merely 1/3 of what the author intends Hagani to be in the end. In the Light Novels, all these events are taken as a ''flashback'' experience and it's highly implied that all of them are currently older and with another type of relationship between them.

For the author, this is Haganai's Prologue. The ''main story'' hasn't started yet but Volume 9 (which will be released soon) should be the end of the 1st of 3 parts of the complete story.

So don't worry or get mad, there won't be a final girl pick anytime soon.
Mar 21, 2013 5:09 PM
Jun 2008
This is the first time I know the word "Yaoi hole".I am sure that was not ass hole .I bet that was an ideal hole of men for BL manga xD

Kodaka's deafness skill has increase.This time he run away from problem as well.
Mar 21, 2013 5:11 PM

Jan 2012
Personally I think this anime probably has one of the most realistic confession scenes and reactions ever lol.
Mar 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2012
GateLambda said:
Guys, what has been adapted to the anime is merely 1/3 of what the author intends Hagani to be in the end. In the Light Novels, all these events are taken as a ''flashback'' experience and it's highly implied that all of them are currently older and with another type of relationship between them.

For the author, this is Haganai's Prologue. The ''main story'' hasn't started yet but Volume 9 (which will be released soon) should be the end of the 1st of 3 parts of the complete story.

Idk if I would like that tbh.
Mar 21, 2013 5:15 PM
Oct 2010
damnnnn yusa got torn a few new onaholes. those scenes jsut fucking owned. hilarious shit. especially kobatos line

zomfg sena FTW. rika was like "quit being a faggot faggot" and yozora all shaking, was kinda cute.

kodaka needs to stop being faggotish
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 21, 2013 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to hate Kodaka so much. But I feel the ending will do it's job so I'll just wait.
Mar 21, 2013 5:17 PM

Jan 2012
how the hell doesn't Rika know the male anatomy when she is apparently a brilliant scientist lol.
Mar 21, 2013 5:31 PM
Nov 2012
Raigerzero said:
GateLambda said:

Wait, are you serious? When you look at the light novel chapter (which I only read after the episode so I don't spoil myself, but I can get the full experience), there was the one chapter (not in English yet it seems) called "The End of the Prologue/The Day Kodaka Hasegawa Became a Protagonist", but I assumed that they was like - they realized that their friends and Kodaka got over it, so now, their journey really begins (which may or may not be written --> is the light novel still going? Is there an end in sight [I hope not]) - or something like that.

Also, is 1/3 an estimate (i.e. random number just meaning we have a lot more?) or a solid number?

Nono, I think the author confirmed that it should be taken literally. The series is nowhere near to end and this is just the beginning for the main story arc.

The LN is still going on and Volume 9 is scheduled for April if I'm not mistaken. Also confirmed that Vol. 9 will not be the last one.
Mar 21, 2013 5:32 PM

Oct 2009
Rika's just TOO ADORABLE AHHHHH

She's so much better than Yozora and Sena, it makes me angry to know she definitely won't end with Kodaka. She's the best girl in the series, hands down, especially after her development in this season.

GateLambda said:

Damn, that sounds interesting.
One can only hope they'd adapt more of the story, then.
Mar 21, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
First time I've seen Playstation Move in an anime.

Kodaka's reaction was interesting, but sort of expected.

Looks like a third season will be needed
Mar 21, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2007
Rika once again killed me with her appearances ...

Mar 21, 2013 5:54 PM

Dec 2009
coalas said:
Sena, it makes me angry to know she definitely won't end with Kodaka. She's the best girl in the series, hands down, especially after her development in this season.

We don't know yet. Sooner or later Kodaka will have to become a real man and accept the girls like him or else the club might disappear.The girls will get tired of his obliviousness charade.
Mar 21, 2013 5:59 PM

Feb 2008
I feel for Kodaka. If I have to hate on someone it certainly wouldn't be on Kodaka but rather the Kashiwazaki family household who are so ruthlessly selfish for trying to force Kodaka in a role he clearly doesn't want. It's all good having a dad that wants a fantasy marriage between the children of him and his best friend but when it painfully ignores the feelings of one side than it's not ok. Sena trying to take advantage of that promise is quite cheap in itself too.

It's funny how Yozora gets all kind of slack for being a bitch but Sena just cause she has some dream features (gaming nerd/vuluptous body) can't do anything wrong with most. At least Yozora never tried to force her obvious feelings for Kodaka on him and always had Kodaka's best interest in mind cause I think like Rika, Yozora has been aware Kodaka's been acting.
Mar 21, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
Calling it: All three girls kiss him and decide to share, then everyone goes back to being friends.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 21, 2013 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
GREAT EPISODE!!
Rika also got a lot of screen time this episode. She's really a pervert xD
Yusa was hilarious. I kind of feel sorry for her, Yozora and Sena were merciless n.n
"It's stressful talking to somebody I don't know", Yozora's wise words xD
Also, Yozora showed a little bit of development, when she said that it would be meaningless if the 7 of them did not watch the movie together. She values their friendship indeed.

Sena was pretty cool, playing the bad guy - Yozora's influence was rubbing on her xD
She was really straightforward. Kodaka can't pretend he didn't hear anything this time.
He has to stop running away.

Only one more episode u.u
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Mar 21, 2013 6:04 PM

Feb 2012
I think you are all being too hard on Kodaka. Sena wants more than a boyfriend, she wants to jump straight to marriage. I think that could freak any guy out, no matter how hot she is.

btw am I just seeing things or does Rika have grey hairs?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 6:04 PM

Oct 2009
Linkark07 said:
We don't know yet. Sooner or later Kodaka will have to become a real man and accept the girls like him or else the club might disappear.The girls will get tired of his obliviousness charade.

Yeah, guess we'll have to count on that, especially if the story's far from being finished like GateLambda said. Kodaka can't hide forever, he has to face their feelings sooner or later.
Mar 21, 2013 6:05 PM

Dec 2012
rupok93 said:
how the hell doesn't Rika know the male anatomy when she is apparently a brilliant scientist lol.

Haha yea pretty upset tht they took out the fact tht thts how she cponvinced Yukimura tht shes a girl since she "doesnt hav anything like that on her body."

Really and admired Sena in this ep being for so bold, standing up for her club (even if it was for a galge) n confessing to the boy she loves. Props to Yozora too, having all tht extra time to learn the student handbook by heart. Reallllly hoping for a season 3, wud love to see mor character development, esp with those two.

Kodaka!!!!!!! (>.<) I understand his actions but still, after all the courage it takes to do tht just to pussy out tht way, unbelievable!
Whhhhhhhhy? I can't believe they took out the Friend Making Game!!!! FML (hopefully they make it into an ova)

As great as this ep was really feel like it didnt live up to the LN chapter. Feels like wenever thers a scene wen he gets captivation by one of the girls they just drop it for time. Like how in the confession, Dancing Mad, he was saying how he reeeeaaaaallly wanted to say yes, how if she was a stranger he would hav just said yes and hugged her right ther, how every single one of her atributes draws ppl in n tht they wer all being focused on him, feels like they didnt even hint at it. tht's stuff is wat makes this story wat is it (or at least to me)
but yea. Unbelievable how adorable Rika is, my god its criminal.
Ari-UnnieMar 21, 2013 6:10 PM
Mar 21, 2013 6:08 PM

Apr 2011
Kodaka's reaction was perfectly normal, if you guys were put in that situation you'd feel pretty pressured or overwhelmed. Stop hating on kodaka give the last episode a chance before you make assumptions.

Can't wait to watch the finale.
Mar 21, 2013 6:08 PM

Nov 2012
LMFAO Rika scene!

Rika confession just came out nowhere o.o.
Why Kodoka?! Why?! Why did you have walk out on them!?
Mar 21, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
Amazing episode :)

Kodaka's reaction was the best he could do in a situation like that.

If you're saying he reacted poorly, then what would you do?
Mar 21, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
sfrea said:
Kodaka's reaction was perfectly normal, if you guys were put in that situation you'd feel pretty pressured or overwhelmed. Stop hating on kodaka give the last episode a chance before you make assumptions.

Can't wait to watch the finale.

Thats what I said.
Mar 21, 2013 6:37 PM

Jun 2011
Wow the whole club banded together but it fell apart at the last two minutes. A lot of people are saying "screw you kodaka" but as a character, I cant see him suddenly having confidence. Poor guy doesnt even know how is it like to have a friend yet. Rika used to be the most annoying character in the 1st season but now she's a joy to watch.
SleepingKMar 21, 2013 6:47 PM
Mar 21, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2012
wow kodaka -_-
Mar 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
Rika with her hair down :3

But holy crap that confession caught me off guard,i admit Kodaka needs to man up but even i would run away if that happened to me lol.

Rika or Sena which one?!
Mar 21, 2013 7:00 PM

Dec 2011
Kodaka, seriously, bro, just... bro...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 7:04 PM
Nov 2010
Felt really bad for Sena. If Kodaka had just said 'let me think about it' before he ran off it would have been completely justifiable - but to shrug it off and act like it never happened is beyond poor form.

Hoping for a KodakaxSena ending in the light novels (when it finishes in probably 10 freaking years) but I doubt that will happen.

All I do know is that it looked like Rika was about to flip the table. I wouldn't blame her if she tried.
Mar 21, 2013 7:09 PM

Oct 2012
I laughed more than I should have at Kodaka's response.
"I love you"
"See ya~"
Comedy aside, I doubt the season will end with him accepting any confessions.
Considering the light novels still ongoing and all, I would desire a third season though.

I've seen other animes dilapidate the tension of a major confession easily, I wonder
how they will execute it with this anime.
Mar 21, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, Sena teared Yusa Aoi apart with rich girl power!

And that confession, geez Sena, was that intentional or not? And Kodaka.. well, he reacted like I thought he would. I wonder how the rest of girls' feelings are.

The next episode is the end, huh... feels sad, just like the last day of vacation.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 21, 2013 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
Ruzgfpegk said:
The question the author may ask the audience though this story is "what would you do if you were him?".

He could have said "you are all crazy bitches, there's no way I could ever love one of you", or could have left the club for good to be freed from all this nonsensical female competition bullshit.
If I was him, I would have probably left many episodes ago.

I think most of us wouldn't even have been in the club in the first place.

But from this point on, Kodaka really needs to just sit down and sort his feelings. He has to hurdle the "I might hurt everyone" mindset and grow some testicles. I'm pretty sure the girls love him to the point where they'll respect his decision.
Mar 21, 2013 7:13 PM

Oct 2009
Woah.

Rika was amazingly cute this episode. That outfit at the end. In the sick bed.

Woah.

Sena just ...
Kodaka how could you ...
Mar 21, 2013 7:15 PM

May 2010
omfg the last few minutes!!!

kodaka u coward ^^

this episode 5/5..
Mar 21, 2013 7:16 PM
Oct 2008
when
Mar 21, 2013 7:22 PM
Nov 2012
Truth be told, I wouldn't write the new girl off either as a possible candidate for romance, she's finally making her appearance next episodde.
Mar 21, 2013 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
cephilis said:
I think you are all being too hard on Kodaka. Sena wants more than a boyfriend, she wants to jump straight to marriage. I think that could freak any guy out, no matter how hot she is.

btw am I just seeing things or does Rika have grey hairs?

Yea but come on I mean its Sena, she's delusional. The way that she said it though, seems like she was leaning more towards marrying him one day, n like she just wanted to make sure it was still on the table it.She talked about not wanting to cancle it completely, letting him no that she's ready and willing for wen he is, rather then lets go to the chappel ASAP.
Annoyed me that she didn't get the whole I love u out wen she did in the LN.
Mar 21, 2013 7:25 PM

May 2012
OMG this anime just keeps bringing on bombshells one after another when you least expect it.

No choice but to boost the rating for this show after this episode. This anime is just too awesome.
lightXTCMar 23, 2013 6:46 PM
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 21, 2013 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
And from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the left field, Sena drops the bomb!
Mar 21, 2013 7:38 PM
Nov 2010
If any male proposed in this fashion it will be straight out rejected on emotional grounds :P

So cut Kodaka some slack.
Mar 21, 2013 7:40 PM
Oct 2012
What a great episode. Absolutely perfect in every detail.

Rika on the floor of her lab was absolutely stunning, but the scene in the nurse's room, where Rika mimics Yozora and Kodaka mimics Sena was pitch perfect. And then Kodaka showing that he isn't: naive, selfish, fearful or cowardly, but understanding that each of the girls really truly only wants a friend was marvelous. People, Kodaka doesn't worry about what they want, he gives each of them what they need. That is what raises this show above a harem anime. The girls are not object, but lovely subjects.

The entire sequence with Yusa was a hoot. Yozora gutting her like a trout (the snapping the book closed (the book was about Shogi or Japanese Chess) was a thrill to watch. Yozora on the offensive is how Yozora needs to be. Sena using her rank to obliterate Yusa was perfectly well done (and echoed to the amusement park episode). And, as expected, her explanation that she only likes strong people, and Yozora's chuckle at this) was another perfect scene.

Sena's confession was outstanding. Again she doesn't say it with any great emotion. Yozora's panic was perfect (this is what she has always feared from the first episode), Rika's understanding of Kodaka's defensive mechanisms, the whole thing was exactly how the characters should have responded.

The preview was also spot on. As Yusa was Sena's revelation, the seito kaichou will finally force the true Yozora to surface. I have no idea if the writer wants a third year (and given how great this year has been, I would not mind it). but he is definitely pointing towards a conclusion next episode.
Mar 21, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
Man that was intense
Yozora got the rule book on your ass
Sena with all that high power
Rika's part was awesome as well and funny
Mar 21, 2013 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
3 Words.
SENA, SENA, SENAAA!!!!!
Mar 21, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2012
What the fuck Kodaka man. Fuck friends, you have a hot blonde princess asking for your D. And what the fuck do you do? Run away like a little bitch.
Mar 21, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2010
HUH? WHAT WAS THAT?!
Kodaka made me laugh my ass off. I ain't even mad
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.