Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RIP Rika

The moments in that infirmary were so awkward tbh. The movie they did was kinda funny. DIVINE Sena. That Aoi girl is really annoying again imo.

Not too shabby.
Mar 21, 2013 2:06 PM

Jul 2010
My god Rika, stop trying to kill me with your cute looks. I swear when she was laying in bed with her hair down and all...
Mar 21, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
Rika cracks me up everytime. Oh wow Kodaka, nice try there. Rika GOGO ATTACK!

I hope for Kodaka x Sena ending, possibly a S3 when the novels are finished. I think Yusa is pretty adorable but kinda annoying.

Maria and Kobato are super cute. That infirmary moment was rofl. Way to go Yozora, Sena =).
Mar 21, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2009

Mar 21, 2013 2:57 PM

Oct 2010
I suppose it's kinda refreshing to have a male harem lead who isn't dense, but I'm not sure that ignoring the feelings of those around him is any better. I kinda felt bad for Sena that Kodaka just completely walked out on her and tried to act as though nothing happened. That's just mean.
Mar 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2010
Poor Sena at the end...
Mar 21, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2012
oh rika >_< cute as usual ~

srsly dat aoi is really annoying ._.

omfg sena just said it! :O
kodaka's reaction lol
Mar 21, 2013 3:03 PM

Sep 2011
Madara31 said:
I suppose it's kinda refreshing to have a male harem lead who isn't dense, but I'm not sure that ignoring the feelings of those around him is any better. I kinda felt bad for Sena that Kodaka just completely walked out on her and tried to act as though nothing happened. That's just mean.

The reason why I reckon he would act like that would be because he doesn't want the club to disband. Say if he does end up with one of the girls as his girlfriend. Surely everyone wouldn't be able to comprehend that as everyone wants to got out with Kodoka. Therefore the whole club wouldn't be able to remain friends if one of them were to be Kodoka's girlfriend. However I do agree that running away from this won't necessarily resolve anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 3:12 PM
Jan 2013
I don't see how this will work as a 12 episode series, it should be like 13/14 story wise and to get more development .
Je pense donc je suis.
Mar 21, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
Rika was like "are you freaking kidding me" when Kodaka was lying about not hearing Sena.

Also, good job Sena for having the guts to confess.
Gar_LoganMar 21, 2013 3:16 PM
Mar 21, 2013 3:19 PM

Aug 2012
I really wished this had more episodes but oh well hopefully the last episode ties up the loose ends

Mar 21, 2013 3:20 PM
Mar 2013
bastek66 said:

Haha. Mr. Freeman's was more or less my reaction during that moment... that Kodaka >_>
Mar 21, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
Tashfinz said:
Madara31 said:

The reason why I reckon he would act like that would be because he doesn't want the club to disband. Say if he does end up with one of the girls as his girlfriend. Surely everyone wouldn't be able to comprehend that as everyone wants to got out with Kodoka. Therefore the whole club wouldn't be able to remain friends if one of them were to be Kodoka's girlfriend. However I do agree that running away from this won't necessarily resolve anything.

Maybe, I can definitely see that he doesn't want the club to disband, but I only really see Rika and Yozora having feelings for him, and with Rika it's more just friendly flirting. I think with the others it's just admiration. I dunno, I just feel that he could've handled that situation a whole lot better than he did.
Mar 21, 2013 3:22 PM
Feb 2012
For fuck's sake, Kodaka, get your freaking act together and man up, coward.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 21, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2010
I think I hate Kodaka for good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 3:30 PM
Jan 2013
Rika could get the D .

But anyway, I wasn't expecting the confession to happen like this . She just did it all non-nonchalantly lol
Mar 21, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2008
The question the author may ask the audience though this story is "what would you do if you were him?".

He could have said "you are all crazy bitches, there's no way I could ever love one of you", or could have left the club for good to be freed from all this nonsensical female competition bullshit.
If I was him, I would have probably left many episodes ago.
Mar 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
GarLogan78 said:
Rika was like "are you freaking kidding me" when Kodaka was lying about not hearing Sena.

Also, good job Sena for having the guts to confess.

I thought she was gona smack him with that look at first.

Gogo Sena!
Mar 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Jan 2011
I liked the infirmary part honestly. It showed that they do have a friendship outside of the group.

Can't believe next week is the end of the season. I wonder how it will conclude or hinting to an additional season...

In any case damn Kodaka wtf man. It's just like Rika said on the roof. Out of everyone in that group, he is the one who won't open up. BUT, that's a tough spot he is in.

More points for Rika. She is really cool.
Mar 21, 2013 3:38 PM

Jan 2010
That Yusa girl I think she want friends also but shes too tsundere to approach them in a normal way :D

Kodaka...OMG...that was awkward and a bit mean...but i get his intetions...

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Mar 21, 2013 3:40 PM

Jan 2010
IZEROII said:
wonder how it will conclude or hinting to an additional season...

If my infos right there arent too many things to adapt right now....

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Mar 21, 2013 3:43 PM

Nov 2011
Poor Yusa, I know she has beef with Sena, but I hope they all at least become somewhat friends with her.

Rika 2cute5me and dat Sena just zoned out and spilled the beans. There's no way Kodaka can really get around this now though considering the whole club heard her, so he can't really feign ignorance. GAHH CLIFFHANGERZ NEED NEXT EPISODE NOW!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 21, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2011
Nice ep!! The Anime catches up 1:1 to the LN translations...
I wonder how it ends (There are 3 untranslated chapters of LN Vol.8...)

Feel sorry for Sena ;_; (But it was better described in the LN)
Mar 21, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
Lmao he's still trying to keep up the act. The line that became so popular last week is being used over and over LOL this show is hardly a romance show anymore it's more of a straight up comedy.
Mar 21, 2013 3:57 PM

Jun 2012
Rika x Kodaka are the only times any "real" conversations happen...

The rapport between the two of them in the first half was witty and well done as usual this season. Even Kodaka was swooned when he saw her in the nurse's office : P The whole engagement childhood friend plot point with Sena I'm not that huge a fan of. Since it's been brought up this season, my opinion on it has always been it's felt contrived. I've said this before but I'll say it again, it kind of sucks Yozora got the short stick this season character development wise compared to Rika and everyone else.

Kodaka your problems aren't going to magically disappear running away... Looking forward to the finale
Mar 21, 2013 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
Kodaka should really have the decency to stop pretending like nothing happened. I'm still proud of Rika for calling him out on his bs last episode and she continues to be the best character of the show.

Rika's giving Kodaka the same look us viewers are, disappointment.
VodkasMar 21, 2013 4:06 PM
Mar 21, 2013 3:58 PM

Dec 2009
After this I wonder if Kodaka will have the balls to appear in the clubroom again.

I understand why he wants to avoid accepting that the girls want to go out with him but wow, completely feigning ignorance after Sena took the courage and asked him to marry her... That was just too mean.
Mar 21, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 2012
well ladies and gentleman, looks like we are entering the final act of "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunia NEXT". With only one episode to go and a confession form Sena things are finally heating up. Who will Kodoka choose?

Possible choices are Yozora. With a personality of a dragon, Yozora isn't afraid to speak her mind. (except when it comes to love) Now that Sena has confessed her love for Kodoka how will Yozora respond? Her advantages are being Kodoka's best childhood friend. Also the very first female protagonist to be introduced in the series and is the very first girl of the bunch he spoke to. She is also one of the co-founders of the neighbors club.

Next up is Sena. Sena advantages are stacked (just like her bust). Sena comes from a rich family, is the most popular girl in school, and her father is friends with Kodoka's father. Not to mention the fact that Kodoka and her are childhood friends (although they dont remember each other from back then) and also they are engaged. Sena is also the only one of the group to openly admit her feelings for him, not only in front of him but in front of the entire club.

Last and certainly not least is Rika. Rika is the last one in the race. Being introduced in the 4th episode may give her a disadvantage in this but she still has enough note worthy points. Rika is the only one of the 3 to realize Kodoka's real reasons for playing the idiot and she open admitted to him that she considers him her first friend. She's is also the most entertaining one of the group and she doesnt need to bully someone for it. (I'm looking at you Yozora)

Who will Kodoka choose? Will it be Yozora, Sena, or Rika? Will he get the harem ending? (God I hope not) Will he just run away? Will he choose no one and completely ruin this entire show and the club? Find out in the next and final episode of the season.

ok in all seriousness. I still dont understand why any of these girls want to date him. hes not funny, fun, charming, or entertaining. in the first season we see why these girls fell in love with him however in this season we dont see why they still love him. is it cause his the only male of the group? thats a pretty shallow reason. im sure if any of them go out in the world and actually interact with other people theyll see there are plenty better fish in the sea. i just dont see his irresistible charm. it also bugs me that the red head (dont remember her name) meets him, takes on good look at him and is like "Wow youre the coolest person at this school" talk about forced.
Mar 21, 2013 3:59 PM
Nov 2012
Yozora was literally trembling of fear .. poor girl.
Mar 21, 2013 4:06 PM

Nov 2011
bastek66 said:

bastek66, you couldnt summarise the ending any better and Kodaka that was THE WORST copout ever!!Not mention fucking childish, no matter how bad your commitment fear is... Game was so loud i couldnt hear what you said, I just remembered i have something to do.
Mar 21, 2013 4:06 PM
Mar 2012
MAN! Just what was that?? So, so epic I was speechless.

Cold Sena is cold, homicidal Yukimura is homicidal.

DAT CONFESSION, DEM SEIYUS. That was just so good worked. In fact, it's the first time the anime reaches Vexed Scans translations. I'm dieing for the final episode!

BTW: So, we got a MAJOR FUCKING SPOILER IN THE OP. Kodaka running away from the club was he running from the confession? EPIC, EPIC, EPIC.
Mar 21, 2013 4:09 PM

May 2010
Damn just put down like that, Kodaka is running away again.... Poor Sena

Also im very Green right now.
Mar 21, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2012
That was an awesome ep. Loved Rika.

Felt a bit bad for Yusa at the end there lol. Me thinks she wants to join the club :)

As for Sena, omg. She went and did it! Finally we're getting somewhere with the romance.

With one ep left, I can only guess that the other girls may confess as well ( Or maybe just Yozora ). Either way, I'm unfortunately not expecting Kodaka to pick a girl ( though if he does I hope it's Sena :P ). It's just too soon after Sena's confession imo.

We'll see though!
Mar 21, 2013 4:13 PM
Mar 2013
Any chance that there will be a season 3? Or is this going to be the end? I'm interested in how this season is going to end. I believe there is so much more to cover
Mar 21, 2013 4:31 PM

Mar 2011

Getting real tired of your shit, Kodaka...
Mar 21, 2013 4:33 PM
Apr 2010
if you want friends kodaka get the real ones, male version.
Mar 21, 2013 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
No way, Sena confessed and it was so sudden, I was like "oh shit, how is Yozora gonna react" and then I saw the poor thing.
Mar 21, 2013 4:38 PM

Aug 2008
DURR HUH WHAT WAS THAT I DIDNT HURR U DURR HURR DURR

Motherfucker just bounced...I dun beleev dis fuckin shit. Kodoka needs to re-evaluate.
Mar 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Jun 2012
There is no room for a sad or bittersweet ending here.

I want a total happy ending. The club stays together and everyone remains friends, possibly with some kind of kiss at the end.

The lack of visible introspection, particularly from Kodoka, would make a bittersweet ending unacceptable here. I know this is a "show not tell" anime but Kodoka's motives and thoughts are taxing the imagination of the fans.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 21, 2013 4:49 PM
Feb 2012
What a dramatic but exciting ending. =O

That was quite a quirky way to confess. I feel sorry for Sena but I can understand why Kodaka walked out like that, given his personality.^^

So...Maria wasn't an actual registered teacher or sister. I found that rather humorous. XD

Shame it finishes next week but it looks very positive. Can't wait. =)
Mar 21, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2012
Wtf? The confession just came out of nowhere! Not that I have a problem with them trying to speed up the plot since they only have one episode left, but, it seems a little too sporadic in terms of how they implemented the scene. O well, can't wait to see how they end the second season :D
Mar 21, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder what was under Rika's pillow in the infirmary. A recording device?
Mar 21, 2013 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
Science girl overworked. So no more movie. lol @ the guy reading BL for science girl and she's recording it! Wow @ the movie.

Vice-pres. coming to the club to destroy it. Wow, Yozora and Meat are stronger. Wow at Maria's truth, but took care of quickly. The marriage does happen? And her confession just spilled out like that. He ran away.

Airing 2:25 (finale) next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 21, 2013 4:57 PM

Mar 2013
I cannot remember the last time I got this mad at Kodaka. His dense act had worked in the past, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD it just doesn't work there! If episode 12 doesn't bring some kind of closure (or at least Sena x Kodaka ending), then my entire outlook on this anime will turn out much bleaker than I initially thought it would.
"Why can't real life have choices and save points?" -Sena Kashiwazaki
Mar 21, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
Inb4 kodaka bashing.

First of all that confession came out of nowhere, I think many of us in the same position would act super nervous like that.

2ndly we all know why kodaka doesn't want to accept any romance from any of the girls right now. It will ruin all their friendships so before calling him a coward please think about that. The guy never had any true friends in his life and he thinks choosing one girl will potentially ruin all their friendships.

But the confession is a good thing, now he can stop ignoring everything and face it, eventually they will get through it facing all possible consequences.
Mar 21, 2013 5:05 PM

Nov 2007
Kodaka is so obviously acting the oblivious now it is obvious that fans will start to despise him.

I really want to know what makes him do what he does and intentionally avoid the girls who have fallen for him.

Despite of Kodaka being a complete ass, I am bumping the rating for the anime to a 9/10. The redeeming features are way too many for this anime to sit in an 8/10.

First of all, Sena and Yozora finally starting to show they actually care for one another and somehow, even though they wouldn't admit, are already very good friends.

Secondly, Maria and Kobato are just running, jumping, talking angels!

And finally, and most importantly, Rika. She has been a revelation in NEXT. By far, the best female character in the anime and if anything, can be the only reason, good enough to make me give this season a 9/10.

I hope there is a third season. Because this anime is pure gold.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 2011
What i'm seeing here is the same as in real life , the dude can never be seen as the good guy , indeed his act is stupid since all the clubmates heard and he even ran away from a person confessing their feelings for him which i find horrible but still he is just trying to keep the friends he has gained , basically he is kinda cornered , or he accepts one girls feelings and may lose the others friendship , or accepts none and still loses their friendship , well i kinda understand him since i tend to keep my distance too (not that i've been in a situation like that anyway) , and still...this is just my opinion x)
Nov 2012
Guys, what has been adapted to the anime is merely 1/3 of what the author intends Hagani to be in the end. In the Light Novels, all these events are taken as a ''flashback'' experience and it's highly implied that all of them are currently older and with another type of relationship between them.

For the author, this is Haganai's Prologue. The ''main story'' hasn't started yet but Volume 9 (which will be released soon) should be the end of the 1st of 3 parts of the complete story.

So don't worry or get mad, there won't be a final girl pick anytime soon.
Mar 21, 2013 5:09 PM
Jun 2008
This is the first time I know the word "Yaoi hole".I am sure that was not ass hole .I bet that was an ideal hole of men for BL manga xD

Kodaka's deafness skill has increase.This time he run away from problem as well.
Mar 21, 2013 5:11 PM

Jan 2012
Personally I think this anime probably has one of the most realistic confession scenes and reactions ever lol.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.