Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 10, 2014 7:36 AM

Apr 2012
least they wrapped everything up, was a nice clean, neat ending with no heroic death(was expecting) n they actually had a mech fight
Jun 12, 2014 11:42 PM
Apr 2014
Average, 7/10.
Aug 1, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
I quite liked the ending, the battle was as good as I expected, mainly because the kids didn't have some super high-tech robot like their enemy, which is good because they're still in school, I would have disliked it if the school kids somehow achieved super great technology to build a gundam.

This series will honestly get a 10/10 for me.
Aug 9, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
Loved it! This serie was so much better than i expected. there are a couple plot holes but i dont see them as big enough to make the whole plot less likeable. 9.4/10 but ill just round down and say 9/10. I would actually go buy this if i found it at a store for a fair price.
Mr_AmbivalenceAug 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Sep 10, 2014 5:11 AM

Sep 2011
KingCez said:
good shit. i think it couldve been better. but im not a producer or anyhting. enjoyed it. think i was expecting something similar or greater than steins;gate

You're asking for too much.
Oct 14, 2014 1:11 PM
May 2013
It was good but it could have been better .
C;H>R;N
Nov 14, 2014 6:37 PM

Oct 2014
Can someone tell me if the story is complete yet?
I was thinking of starting it
Jan 30, 2015 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
From a show with so many interesting characters and concepts, I really expected something better than "The power of love triumphs everything!"

I felt like the show spent too much time on the other characters, then expected us to still care about Aki once they shoehorned her back into Kai's path. I don't understand why the whole Frau arc was dropped and Aki had to be the one Kai was with, it seemed really forced.
Feb 5, 2015 3:59 PM
Sep 2014
What a shame, interesting story get ruined by bad execution. I wish it was kept serious like Steins;Gate (didnt watch Chaos;HEad yet). I wish they didnt go with highschool setting, or even if they did they shouldnt go with all this robot riding stuff, comedy and too much slice of life. Dumb MC and Kona, type of characters which usualy ruin good crew.
If i imagine this show as serious, R rated show i would make her quiet and on the edge person who is focused only to find the truth. They could squeeze so much shocking and interesting events out of the story. They targeted too wide audience and that is why they failed. I would not say that show is bad because its not, i had a lot of fun watching it.
Amazing SOUNDTRACK

It seems i will get disappointed with Chaos;head
NarcoFeb 5, 2015 4:05 PM
Jul 2, 2015 9:11 PM

Jun 2014
what? why did the last missile hit? Why didnt they use more clones??
What? how did Nae, Mitchie and everyone infiltrate the rocket's control room?
gah I dont even have energy to complain about the rest of the episode.

-----

Ummm we never saw Kimijima Report #0. And they just kinda forgot about the part of the story with Frau's mom.

Overall, I was pleased with the series. I wont deduct any points for the cliches in this episode. So, solid 8/10
Jul 9, 2015 1:09 PM
Jul 2015
Guys can somebody please tell me what happened to Frau's mother and what was the deal with Hidaka's father(why he didn t like robots) from the manga?I really liked this anime but i was disappointed after episode 17.I felt like they rushed things up, i needed more than this.I really hope for a remake or at least OVAs
Jul 17, 2015 8:42 AM
Jul 2015
Since no one mentioned her mother I suppose the VN also never explained that.

Some loose ends are acceptable, but I cannot ignore the fact Kai was able to use a psychological disorder to boost up fighting capabilities.

No matter he can think ten times faster during the seizures, real world still works as always. His body doesn't gain reflexes or superhuman speed, even less a 10-year-obsolete mecha.

Unless the VN would have an explanation to this absurdity I'm betting the director is a big fan of F.E.A.R. series and just said "wow point man SlowMo idea rocks I'll just attach this on my work and call a day".
Aug 5, 2015 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
Man, fuck this anime. I'm so fucking salty that Kai x Aki shipped. I was shipping Kai x Furugoori the whole time. Aki is such an annoying loud character. I wish she didn't exist, it would've made the anime much better.
Furugoori > Aki.
Aug 15, 2015 7:53 PM

Feb 2015
i voted "OK". wasn't very....oomph. that small kou robot action scene was so cool though!

and the kaixaki thing....ok, but didn't REALLY see it. it was just sudden. well, not sudden but rushed. i find the ending of last exile better and that anime was freaking awesome, but the ending left a lot of questions.

8/10 or 31/2/5. and that's really because my interest in the show was taken almost instantly.

do i regret it? no, kai was a very good MC that brought the plot along very nicely (completely unlike the chaos head MC). plus the supporter characters were nice. although, they never gave any backdrop on subaru. they did everyone else but him. i also thought he'd re-get his robot dream but that never happened.

my favorite episode is 14 since i love kona and kai together so much.

would i buy it? probably not. not worth it, really.

in the end, i just really like this show.
TomDayAug 15, 2015 7:56 PM
Aug 15, 2015 8:06 PM

Feb 2015

[quote=deplorable]i expected more, as always with the likes of Fairy tail, One Piece, Bleach, naruto...with the episodes hitting triple figures

22 episodes even 24... just seems so short when trying to piece everything together properly. The pace was right, up until episode 18 (for what this series was), then managed to jump all over the place. (and the bits that were drawn out were just meh)[quote]
agreed. it was after 17 for me. the writers were like "Oh yeah, plot! Alright peoples, gotta wrap up here!"

[quote]still enjoyable. but just lacked that "impact"[quote]
i see what you did there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[quote]the characters were better than the plot itself... a little generic on the outside, but they each had their own little than' going on .... we didn't even get to see "that" dance again from Subaru.

again agreed. subaru needs moar wub D:

[quoteAs for Frau.. well... FrauxAkixKai will happen when they get older....

>:)
Sep 5, 2015 5:53 AM
Dec 2011
i love it.. i was worried about kai but he is okay also,.,,,, everyone is safe and kai became an astronaut also we see aki on top of gunvarrel a newly high tech one ! its probably made by aki and misa together :3 i love it this story was awesome so many twists and epic happy ending which i love thank you to the creators :3
Nov 29, 2015 4:42 PM

Aug 2015
I guess it was fine, Kona is what really made this show good for me, with Akiho and Subaru also having some good parts, other than that - did not really cared that much for a story line tho. 7/10
Dec 11, 2015 5:30 AM

Feb 2015
6/10 for this episode. for the series, i guess 8/10 cause i really enjoy the first cour. but the way they ended the plot was really lame. i kinda dislike the way they ended it. and they made Kimijima into a villian, i prefer they didn't do that though. i enjoy the first cour, or more like i enjoy this series from episode 1 until episode 17 or 18. after that was a disappointment. 8/10 or more like 7.9/10 i seriously like the plot like Kimijima report things, but they just ended it like that. the other plot like the group member were trying to aim for EXPO or something, i didn't really care about that much. Overall it was a good show but i disappointed to the ending.

YizelTroDec 11, 2015 5:33 AM
Mar 2, 2016 1:54 AM

Jul 2013
9/10

It is honestly a fantastic anime and it gets stronger as it goes, but it does somewhat peter out in the last to episodes, just a little bit. Not enough to drastically affect my score, but enough to keep it from getting a perfect one.

This is definitely an anime I would recommend to people who are not normally into mecha anime and to people who are more into the mechanical side of science. Almost everything in this anime held merit, and I think a lot of people are missing that.

I'm certainly looking forward to ChäoS;Child and Steins;Gate 0 to continue the Science Adventure series. So far I really haven't been let down in any large way by the series. I wish I could get the visual novels, but that will have to wait until I have more money.

Hmm, one significant connection I just thought of. Kimijima said his plans were originally set for 2015, but since he got killed that pushed his plans back to 2019. It's never actually explained how Misa finds him out. John Titor originally states that World War III starts in 2015, so I think the alignment of these dates is intentional. Obviously World War III didn't happen on this world line, but an event like it very nearly happened, and it's obvious the other players involved in C;H and S;G are very much active and acting with a serious agenda of world domination. More than likely time travel does or already has occurred on this world line. I know Steins;Gate 0 has nothing to do this anime directly; however, the continuity of all these visual novels is coming together and given that events keep happening bringing the world closer to a dystopia, I think eventually our friend Okabe is going to be forced to intervene again. Hence, it's quite possible a Steins;Gate 2 VN is in development right now. Of course, I'm betting they'll make a sequel to Robotics;Notes first or a different semicolon game altogether, but all paths are pointing to yet another grim future. I'm thinking the Steins;Gate world line is a failure, given that the Committee of 300 still has far too much power in it.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jul 22, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2015

I got to say it, that mecha fight was amazing. Well done 2D animation, not as those 3DCGI mechas we have today...

It was good, but the episode felt rushed somehow.
I give this a 8/10. Great animation, good story, nice music, and I ended up enjoying these 22 episodes. Yes, it has some plot holes, some things felt rushed but, as a whole it was a nice anime.

Regarding the ending, it was really sweet seeing that Kai gave his dream another chance and became an astronaut and Aki finally constructed a legit and awesome version of GUNVARREL.

PD: Never said it but GUNVARREL design is pretty badass.
Daktoa said:
I don't understand why the whole Frau arc was dropped and Aki had to be the one Kai was with, it seemed really forced.

I know right? I mean, I didn't ship anyone in this anime, I would have been fine if anyone ended with anyone but I kinda liked all the development given to Aki and Frau till episode 14 when it was suddenly dropped. It was like:

01 < --- Kai x Frau development --- > 14 (Kiss) - 15 <-Kai and Frau development dropped -> 18 <-- Kai x Aki development --> 21 (Ship Sails) 22 (End)
HumbertoZeroAug 25, 2016 6:32 AM
Sep 11, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2016
That ending was so cliched holy shit. I could predict everything even from the first minute.
Overall really messy series, started good, but mood was too random and it gradually got worse. The last episodes were really bad...
Not enough IMPACTO I guess

I feel Chaos;Head was actually better, more focused and less cheesy in a way.

overall 4/10
Still, Frau is best girl <3<3<3
AquamirrorSep 11, 2016 1:02 PM
Oct 29, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2016
Predictable but nice Climax. Did anyone notice the AR Rocket was 'Final Version V2.05' I believe? That must mean Daru coded it! :O

8/10. The plot was badly structured (ooh crap serious shit happening! next episode: jun and her grandpa make up. wtf? I know its supposed to be heartwarming but still badly structured) and many things in the VR were left out for unknown reasons, maybe they would have been added if it was 24/25 episodes like Steins;Gate, but I'm not sure if that would've made it better.
I love dark things, so I'm kinda sad there wasn't much 'dark' stuff, but heh, that's just me, I know the VR is the same.
There were very good stuff, but also meh stuff. Kai kinda has the 'fits into every single situation' MC problem, one minute he couldn't give a single shit. The next he's passionate about robots. Aki was annoying, Jun was too much of a moe character, Male-Tsundere-Glasses-Guy was funny though, and Frau is the best character out of all.

On second thoughts I might just put this is a review. Still entertaining and a good pass on time, I'm glad I watched the rest of this anime, as I was planning to stop by episode 2.
Dec 13, 2016 1:38 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty good ending. I liked the brief glimpse of the future of Gunvarrel at the very very end.

7/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 22, 2017 2:09 PM

Jan 2013
Glad Misa was saved at the end aswell and I guess I was wrong about Kai dying, surprised he managed to hold out with 3 "seizures".

What a fantastic show this has been, so many lovely and fantastic characters, animation topnotch ofc.
There were a few things that bothered me but it didnt distract me from the main storyline.
I also loved how it had some references to Steins;Gate, not just Nae being in this show but other stuff like SERN.

9/10
Jan 25, 2017 2:09 PM

Jan 2012
I don't see why viewers compare this to steins gate. Robotic Note's is a decent anime and I liked it. I was hoping there be more romance moments between Akiho and Kaito 7/10

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Feb 20, 2017 10:11 AM

Dec 2016
It wasn´t bad but it could have been better. I am very disappointed, this series has so many unanswered questions.
Apr 7, 2017 6:51 AM

Aug 2016
I really don't get al the hate.. Imo, this was a great anime! 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jun 10, 2017 6:55 PM

Nov 2015
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
I really don't get al the hate.. Imo, this was a great anime! 8/10!
I'm not comparing it to Steins;Gate or Chaos;Head, but it's definitely lackluster at best. It had some good moments hither and thither but overall it was a mediocre attempt at being a great anime with a solid story. The ending is totally un-cool if you ask me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2015
Really good ending. A bit abrupt. And like the last few episodes a bit rushed. But I still loved it. I liked how it gave everyone remotely important a role in the final confrontation. I liked the fake out of the Wyvern breaking down into a smaller and faster robot. I loved Kai having to go dark for a few minutes to reboot and load the deus ex programina. And I loved Aki risking life and limb to help Kai. Riding out to face Misa on her scooter. On the off chance she could briefly regain control when seeing her little sister's life at risk. Those crazy kids.

I liked the very end too. I sort of wanted to see Aki and Kai together and relationshipy after the fact. But even though I'd kind of forgotten Kai wanted to be an astronaut originally. I got some little warm fuzzies at the very end. Part of me thinks this ended a little too cleanly and nice. Neither Kai nor Misa had to die to save the day. The only one who died was the bad guys uploaded AI personality. But when I think about it Steins;gate had a pretty feel good ending too. It just didn't feel that way because we also saw the dark ending where everything did not turn out OK. What with the time travel and all.

I liked this series. I was compelled by its characters. I especially loved all of the Robotics Club dorks (of course). It had a gripping plot even if it was a little silly and under explained in a few places. It may have benefited from being about 25 episodes. Could have paced it better and explained more. But as is I give it a solid 8/10. I was hooked, I was moved and I was even creeped the fuck out in a few places. The "kogame kogame" stuff was honestly super spooky. Sort of sad it's over. Want to play the VN now if they ever release it state side.
SubscriberSunSep 2, 2017 11:42 AM
Nov 6, 2017 11:01 PM
Mar 2017
Is there any information about Frau's mother? It's been 4 years.

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 19, 2017 9:35 PM
Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
So much hate for such a nice anime. :'(

9/10.

I know right?

10/10
Nov 26, 2017 4:12 AM
Sep 2017
SubscriberSun said:
Really good ending. A bit abrupt. And like the last few episodes a bit rushed. But I still loved it. I liked how it gave everyone remotely important a role in the final confrontation. I liked the fake out of the Wyvern breaking down into a smaller and faster robot. I loved Kai having to go dark for a few minutes to reboot and load the deus ex programina. And I loved Aki risking life and limb to help Kai. Riding out to face Misa on her scooter. On the off chance she could briefly regain control when seeing her little sister's life at risk. Those crazy kids.

I liked the very end too. I sort of wanted to see Aki and Kai together and relationshipy after the fact. But even though I'd kind of forgotten Kai wanted to be an astronaut originally. I got some little warm fuzzies at the very end. Part of me thinks this ended a little too cleanly and nice. Neither Kai nor Misa had to die to save the day. The only one who died was the bad guys uploaded AI personality. But when I think about it Steins;gate had a pretty feel good ending too. It just didn't feel that way because we also saw the dark ending where everything did not turn out OK. What with the time travel and all.

I liked this series. I was compelled by its characters. I especially loved all of the Robotics Club dorks (of course). It had a gripping plot even if it was a little silly and under explained in a few places. It may have benefited from being about 25 episodes. Could have paced it better and explained more. But as is I give it a solid 8/10. I was hooked, I was moved and I was even creeped the fuck out in a few places. The "kogame kogame" stuff was honestly super spooky. Sort of sad it's over. Want to play the VN now if they ever release it state side.

Thanks for your post SubscriberSun, appreciated that review to remind me of the things I loved about this anime. I struggled with the last episode cause while it was good, it covered stuff off, I could tell I was going to be left yearning many things! Turned to the forums for solace LOL ;-)
It didn't finish very stong, and I think it's possibly because of the content they had to fit into too few episodes, just couldn't do justice to the rich storyline and charachters already built.
Having said, you reminded to think back to what I did love, and there's still so much of it.
I mean, Frau.. 'you REAL LIFERS!'... GOLD!
Also receiving Misa back from Kimijima's hold, and her thanking Aki, in her right mind. I feel toward the end of the series we began to want to know Misa, but never did, which is a parallel to what Akiho was feeling after seven long years. I thought this feeling was apt (in contrast to lack of development of Mizuka's character, who though I wanted to mourn her I just couldn't as we never really knew her).
I remember more than a few nights lying awake for hours just caught up with the beautiful characters and their interactions; as well as plotting out what's going to happen, whose on our side, and how crazy some of those future tech concepts are.

So sum-up before I end up writing a memoir.. last episode sunk my heart a bit (though I wanted to stay strong..), but I think back on what I loved through the series and feel enriched by it.
Thanks Mages team and Production I.G. :-)

PS. I still maintain they should have captured and put Kimijima into a pacman game so he could run to save his bytes haha ;-)
aikurutteNov 26, 2017 5:28 AM
Apr 7, 2018 7:12 AM

Mar 2016
I loved the shit out of this. A school club builds a giant robot and saves the world, all of the other details don't really matter as much, even if they were done pretty well anyway. At times; weird as fuck, contrived and over the top, it was like a super robot show on the sly, but was still done with a sort of nuance. I liked the characters and their world quite a bit, every episode was like meeting again with old friends, and I don't say that very often. They nailed the lighthearted tone perfectly in my opinion, even when it gets serious, it's not really serious.

Aki's entire storyline has a profound sadness to it, she really is a great character and Kai is a very subtly written protagonist.
syncrogazerApr 7, 2018 7:19 AM
Aug 9, 2019 2:44 PM
Aug 2012
good for 22 episode anime, contained enough portions of drama, love, school, happiness with a beautiful image from start till the end! Thanks!
Jan 19, 2020 4:23 AM

Mar 2012
It was nowhere near the same level as Steins Gate or Steins Gate 0 but it was far better adapted than both the chaos child and chaos head adaptations. The plot was more easy to understand than the later.

I give it an 8/10, /I hope Dash is adapted one day that ones story is an even bigger and better story than the first game if the adaptation is done right.
Jun 18, 2020 10:12 AM

Apr 2020
IMPACTOOO! LOL

Safe ending and a better ride than Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child. The moments between Aki and Kai were adorable up until the end.

I hope Dash gets animated. Would like to know what becomes of Aki and Kai. What happened to Kona's mom? Since Misa tossed a lily (I think) into the ocean where Irei died, does that imply yuri?

At the end, did Kai become an astronaut?
Dec 22, 2020 8:45 AM
Dec 2020
samurai1993 said:
Ok ending for an anime with LOTS of wasted potential.

6/10, right in the passing mark
i think Love hindered genre :v

But this is a pretty good anime, even though you have created a scene stating your love for Aki Chan, the ending (episode 22) is still unsatisfactory .. And instead it makes me curious who the 3 astronauts are, if I think it's kai, aki, and his brother is the battery. Still, as I said first, because this anime is not included in the romance genre so it's just a spice so as not to saturate the audience ...

Sorry if I say something wrong but this is according to my judgment 7/10
nxta_senpaiDec 22, 2020 8:52 AM
Feb 5, 2021 9:37 AM
Jan 2021
At the first half of the anime i would put 10/10 the mystery is so thrilling and some of the character died but near the end it become bad and keep getting bad like its not thrilling and predicted
I love happy ending but if just near the end it had more impact and more thrilling i think it would stay 10/10 for me
Overall 8/10 for me
Jan 18, 10:37 PM
Oct 2019
i enjoyed always optimistic girl. i liked the club and the disparate classmates joining and becoming friends (albeit with a lot of bickering and what not). and the initial "report" goose hunt was interesting as well. probably a 6.0 or 6.5/10 or so (which i consider to be a respectable rating)

but the final 5 episodes were not good. pretty poor actually. felt like they injected more and more nonsense into it in order to make the plot work and have the finale "fit". a lot of the stuff just wasn't believable. it was also cliche and corny at the end

probably finishes as a 5.0 or 5.5/10 overall
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

May 2016
Reply to HagePotPotato
i enjoyed always optimistic girl. i liked the club and the disparate classmates joining and becoming friends (albeit with a lot of bickering and what not). and the initial "report" goose hunt was interesting as well. probably a 6.0 or 6.5/10 or so (which i consider to be a respectable rating)

but the final 5 episodes were not good. pretty poor actually. felt like they injected more and more nonsense into it in order to make the plot work and have the finale "fit". a lot of the stuff just wasn't believable. it was also cliche and corny at the end

probably finishes as a 5.0 or 5.5/10 overall
HagePotPotato said:

It is worth to note 2 things:

1. This is an adaptation of a visual novel, and it would have required like 26 episodes to properly flesh out everything.
2. This VN is actually the 3rd part of a bigger franchise called Science Adventure series. Part 1 is Chaos;Head, Part 2 is Steins;Gate. The "injected more and more nonsense" are actually stuff which is built upon things that were introduced in Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate

Sadly, besides Steins;Gate, none of the SciADV entries received good anime adaptations. If you really want to max out your experience with this franchise, you have to read the source material, the visual novels. Some of them are even better than S;G
-
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.