Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 7:33 PM

Sep 2012
...That was it? That was the ending, seriously? This isn't Urobuchi-style at all. I hoped I'd give it a 10, but the second half of this episode was just disappointing.

At least we'll get some yuri doujinshis after this episode.
Fenryr19Mar 21, 2013 7:41 PM
Mar 21, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2009
Exciting fight scenes, good character development for Akane, and great music. I definitely enjoyed this anime. It brought up some interesting issues. I liked how Akane acknowledged that society could not function without the Sybil system, so she had to keep its secret even though she personally detested it. I think the anime did a good job being fairly realistic. People don't change easily, and Kougami wanted Makishima dead for so long that he had to kill him in the end.

I think a season 2 could be doable, but predictably it would end with the Sybil system either being destroyed or going public and winning over the populace. I'm not sure if a season 2 would be a good idea, but if done right I'm sure it could be very good. I do wish we got to see Akane in action a little more after she went through all her development and really started to shine as a detective. All in all, a very enjoyable anime that stood out this season.

Edit: I dunno, I don't think it needed some mindblowing ending to be good. As it is, it's pretty realistic. If the Sybil system were destroyed, society would fall apart and most people would die. It just wasn't time for a massive change. And what would be the point in killing off Kougami other than to try to "shock" the viewer?
u2blahMar 21, 2013 7:37 PM
Mar 21, 2013 7:36 PM

Dec 2007
It was a fitting end for this series, hopefully someone can stop the Sybil system but for now its necessary. I enjoyed the series overall, very good series 9/10 :D
Mar 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Feb 2012
Awww -.- i was hoping for a better ending... something more flashy and stuff. I loved the series though. I reeeaaaallly hope for a movie or second season. I can't accept this ending as it is D:
Mar 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Jan 2010
What a gay ending.

Literally.
Ok™
Mar 21, 2013 7:46 PM
Dec 2009
I actually started crying. After getting to know so much about Makishima Shougo I found I really could relate and understand his character. He lived a lonely life and he acted out the only way he could. What made it sadder is that not only did he Die alone but the fact that we saw him crying. I just felt so bad for him. He lived a terrible life and went out a bad way also. I love kogami but I wish he could have saved makishima.

In my mind makishima and kogami would make a cute yaoi couple
Mar 21, 2013 8:00 PM

Oct 2011
I did not expect it to end this way..
Can such a dream truely exist?
Mar 21, 2013 8:02 PM

Aug 2011
Great show! I loved how the story was presented and I enjoyed the characters. From the ending, hopefully there is a second season. I am satisfied with how it ended though.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Mar 21, 2013 8:03 PM

Aug 2011
I wanted to sleep with Yayoi... >__>
I DEMAND AN OVA/MOVIE!!!!!! I NEED SOME SORT OF CLOSURE.
Loved how they ended it off from how the first ep started with Akane being the veteran, and that new girl was kawaii desu ne.
ALSO TAKE THAT MAKISHIMA.

9/10 really great series
Mar 21, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2011
Currently having trouble if I will rate the show 7 or 8.

I would like to grow
Cut open my husk
Look into my grain
I don’t know why I’m so fresh
I can’t be so stressed
I’m going to mesh

EVERY MEEEEEEAAAAAALLLL
I can always be any type of food for YOOOOOUUUUU
If that water was for me.

My cut is steel
No need to peel
Fiber, inside
One gene to join us ALLLLLLLLL
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 21, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2009
...meh
lol
highlight of the ending: lesbian action
Mar 21, 2013 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
the show needs a season 2 or more.. otherwise, with the way it turned out, it's pretty bland for a cyberpunk.. with more in store though, they could expand the setting and characters more..
Mar 21, 2013 8:16 PM

Apr 2011
Too positive ending to be Urobuchi.
it should've ended with: Kougami executed by sybil, makishima escaped, akane in coma and ginoza in mental hospital, the lesbos gets STDs.

9/10
Mar 21, 2013 8:26 PM

Nov 2007
Damn what a wonderful anime.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 21, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
this was freaking good compared to other stuff in recent times. 9.5/10
the ending was meh to me. to many things unanswered
Mar 21, 2013 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
I think this is as best of a happy ending an Urobuchi series could be. Enjoyed the whole series though I did not enjoy it as much as his other series. 9/10 from me.

That girl at the end is the friend of that girl who got butchered into art at the Private Girls Academy? She seems like a head strong newbie, with what she had gone through. It would be interesting to see where her role will take her if they decided to continue the series.

I am satisfied though Thursdays will definitely be a lot less interesting now that this series is over.
Mar 21, 2013 8:45 PM
Mar 2013
mhm so all in all what I can read from this episode :

1. Makishima meets his end (as expected) and in a better way than ending up in the Sybil system. I dont think he'd be happier inside it ^^

2. Akane doesnt end up in the sybil system (as hoped) and, - in her own way - declares war to it, though she accepts logically that she is powerless against it and there are so far no people who really KNOW what the sybil system really is. + the society would collapse if Akane just blew up the whole damn thing :D :D :D

3. Kogami is alive (as expected) and hinted to be the new "Makishima" (hopefully not) ..

4. Gino~ ♥ lost his Glasses and takes his fathers place .. Hes kinda cooler that way (gives a more relaxed feeling)

My conclusion from this
There has to be series 2 or at least a Movie ? .. there are too many questions unanswered ! Who will destoy the system finally... *hopes Kogami*
Mar 21, 2013 8:49 PM
Mar 2012
NihonFalcom said:

Loved how they ended it off from how the first ep started with Akane being the veteran, and that new girl was kawaii desu ne.

actually there is a big difference compared to the first ep: akane tells the new girl that enforcers are humans just like them while Ginoza told akane that inforcers aren't humans like them
Mar 21, 2013 8:55 PM

Aug 2010
The anime didn't end like I expected to. The first 10 minutes were thrilling but after Makashima was shot it was pretty much over. I'm glad Kougami accomplished his goals. And I really liked the relatsionship between Kougami and Makashima. Just like Akane said, "They understood eachother better than anyone else". The way it ended however was underwhelming especially compared to how great the series has been.

To me it looks like Kougami has become the knew Makashima. Anyways I'm really hoping for a season 2. I just feel unsatisfied with the anime ending like this.

Overall I give this show a 9/10. Would've been a 10 if it ended differently.
Mar 21, 2013 8:58 PM

Aug 2012
I was afraid they were going to rush the ending, but instead they just left a lot of things open. I'm fine with that cause now we might get a season 2 =)

This was a very good series. 9/10 for me.
Mar 21, 2013 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
This one is a 8/10 for me.
Beginning started off well with a bang as expected. But then it became a bit dry and dull that I ended up partially hibernating instead. Not necessarily doing that...but more so twiddling with other random things.

One of their biggest flaw was disposing of the Cyborg Man way too early.
He should have been there for the final showdown.
But I'm sure there will be another Cyborg Man if there's a second season.
Mar 21, 2013 9:23 PM

Dec 2011
Even Sailor Moon wasn't as disappointing as this. And that thing is like 15+ years old at least......
Mar 21, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2010
ThangLong said:
Guys, this is a lot better then Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom's ending. Let's just glad that Urobotcher has improved and given us one of his happiest endings to date xD

Phantom anime ending was anime original. Most the true endings of the VN weren't sad at all. Urobochi gives happy endings when he feels like it.
Mar 21, 2013 9:31 PM

May 2011
Love the fighting scene.
Love the Akane x Kougami moment (especially when they fight protecting their back)
Love the way how Makishima run in fear of dead.
Love the way how Makishima on his knee, which I am not sure whether he beg for his life or he just accepting his dead.

The shooting part...so much meaning. Now Kougami has only one choice, to run.
Well written anime by urobuchi, though a lot of dramatic killing as always. As mentioned by one of my fellow psycho-pass viewer. Knowing Urobuchi writing the story alone is the spoiler that a lot of favourite character will die.
Jets said:
One of their biggest flaw was disposing of the Cyborg Man way too early.
He should have been there for the final showdown.
But I'm sure there will be another Cyborg Man if there's a second season.

I will give 10/10 for the tidily written anime. I will make it 9000/10 if they get new season or even few movies later. Sibyl system though it is now the only best system applied due to adaptation of human, should be taken down. Plus new detective and I think as I saw more than two Enforcer feet there, they should get more screen time :D
Mar 21, 2013 9:59 PM

Dec 2007
IZEROII said:
There won't be a second season. Maybe a movie sequel. I would be shocked if there was a full S2. This is an original anime that ran 22 episodes, not 24. To me that means the story content took this many episodes to cover and that's the end. Since it is an original series, I think that in itself means the end is here. But you never know.

It ended where it all began with characters taking on new roles. Classic way to end a series...bringing it all back around. Yes there are some questions left unanswered but for the most part there is resolution. I think the way it ended was the intended way. A goal has been stated but it will take a very long time before it can be accomplished ie a huge time leap if you all wanted to see SIByL shut down and there still be a functional society left over. 9/10 but could give it a 10/10.

The ending followed the progression of the show...how the hell are you going to change society that drastically? In the short term, how is she going to open everyone's eyes to how things really are when social chaos is one outcome or having herself eliminated by SIByL is the other outcome. She isn't one to go rogue. Like I said, a movie sequel maybe. Not anytime soon. A full S2..doubtful. But you....never....know.

THIS. EXCACTLY.

And the probability of another person discovering the real face of the Sybil System, and making it out of that tower alive, is very slim. But should that person exist and wants to make the discovery public... large-scale chaos will ensue. They could make the plot of the next season about subduing the chaos. Or another one like Makishima could appear, but he's already an anomaly.

I think it's better that there's no season 2. The ending was already great, but something I'd expect more in a novel than an anime.

But I'd really like to see Akane being sassy with Kasei everytime she's reporting to her.
Mar 21, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2009
i change my score i gave it 10/10... damn this is one of the rare anime now a days that is serious and for older audience so it deserves that much of a score
Mar 21, 2013 10:26 PM
Oct 2010
j0x said:
i change my score i gave it 10/10... damn this is one of the rare anime now a days that is serious and for older audience so it deserves that much of a score

It is, but I think there's a couple flaws that made me end up giving it an 8 overall. My major issues with the show were the awkward quotations from notable people, the end was meh to me and I felt that too many characters were underdeveloped.

Also I was kinda hoping to see Ginoza jr's arm being robotic.
Mar 21, 2013 10:31 PM
Mar 2011
can't believe those 2 swung that way lol suprising. Hate how they made the villian badass then ruin it by making him haul ass like a chump, the quotes were good and apart from an almost identical scene to episode 1 it was gold 8/10 for me.
Mar 21, 2013 10:33 PM
Jul 2011
looks like kogami`s going to america
Mar 21, 2013 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
Can someone please explain the part when Makishima is pointing the gun at Akane and says "I see...You are.."? What did he mean by that? ._.
Mar 21, 2013 10:44 PM

Jun 2008
So the Enforcer woman and the analyst woman are banging.

wut.
Mar 21, 2013 10:46 PM

Nov 2008
Ah Gen, you have killed off the only person who showed the slightest bit of interest, what a waste of character.

I like to add that Shougo's death was expected but I didn't care much about it because we all knew Gen barely gave us any info on him. Gen had a chance to develop Shougo but Gen blow it. So Shougo's death is just as minor as that red head guy's death. It made no impact.

I didn't however expect an ending free of main character butchering! I was sure that Ko or Akane would get tragically murdered. I guess Gen wants to create a franchise, which I don't mind.

Overall, it was a pleasant ride. Didn't utilize the characters enough but the outcome wasn't greatly bad. An 8/10.

Mar 21, 2013 10:47 PM

Apr 2012
AnniesaurusX said:
Can someone please explain the part when Makishima is pointing the gun at Akane and says "I see...You are.."? What did he mean by that? ._.

i was wondering the same thing.
also what was the signifance of the book he was reading; Swann's Way

Mar 21, 2013 10:59 PM

Nov 2008
Zeally said:

It's significant because Ko was reading it. Since when did he read literature? It's probably the creators way of showing us that Shougo rubbed off on Ko.

Mar 21, 2013 11:01 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Meh; 9/10
Mar 21, 2013 11:06 PM

Jun 2011
That was quite unsatisfying. Sure its good that they took down Makishima but its sad that Kagari's death wont be known and Ginoza is in the Enforcer now. And most of the deaths that Makishima caused wouldnt have even happened if Sibyl didnt exist.

The whole episode dedicated to the backstory of Yayoi was really wasted as she doesnt even exist on the latter part of the show and was only there on the final episode for fanservice. The enemy that caused her to have the determination to be an Enforcer didnt showed up either.

Kougami living alone is kinda sad as he wont be able to go to many places due to the hue scans .
Well the anime was still good though art, songs and story were really good just that i still hope sibyl would fall :P so 9/10. Hoping for a season 2 or a movie but i kinda feel that would ruin the series as well.
ArcanaTraceMar 21, 2013 11:13 PM
Mar 21, 2013 11:11 PM

Nov 2008
KuroDubZero said:
Meh; 9/10

Haha "Meh" followed by a 9/10? I'm really confused here? was the "Meh" for your unsatisfying feelings for the ending, or is it for the entire show? if it's the latter, then you sure have a very high rating system.

Mar 21, 2013 11:14 PM

Feb 2010
Oh i didn't realize the new girl was the one from the school arc until i read it here.
Mar 21, 2013 11:14 PM

Dec 2008
KingDeadKira said:
Zeally said:

It's significant because Ko was reading it. Since when did he read literature? It's probably the creators way of showing us that Shougo rubbed off on Ko.

Uh what no? Kougami has actually been very big on literature before Shougo even came into play. Kougami owns a japanese dub of the book "Heart of Darkness" and was even able to quote oretega during the fight scene in episode 16.
Mar 21, 2013 11:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Zeally said:
AnniesaurusX said:

"Also, can we talk about that last shot of “Swann’s Way”? It’s the first volume of a series that is called “In Search of Lost Time”. It’s one that talks about involuntary memory, where even if you don’t remember, your body/reflexes/etc. acts with that memory. Is that Gino reading it? We’re not too sure based on silhouette alone. I still think it’s Gino, considering also, that he is now (based on the old team) the only male left in the group. It sure ain’t Ko."

I found this on tumblr ^^ I also asked the same question earlier, but no one answered me ;_;
Mar 21, 2013 11:23 PM

Nov 2008
tysonultima said:
KingDeadKira said:
Zeally said:

Uh what no? Kougami has actually been very big on literature before Shougo even came into play. Kougami owns a japanese dub of the book "Heart of Darkness" and was even able to quote oretega during the fight scene in episode 16.

Hmm yeah you're right but the anime never portrayed him as a bookworm, so it was significant to see the show end with him and the book. Normally you would see scenes like this with Shougo.

Mar 21, 2013 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
tingy said:
Zeally said:
AnniesaurusX said:

I also asked the same question earlier, but no one answered me ;_;

no one knows exactly what Shougo wanted to say to Akane there, im also asking that but it does not matter anyway its a trivial matter since Shougo is dead so thats the end of it lol
Mar 21, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2011
Seriously loved this last episode. The fight scene between Makishima and Kougami was animated so beautifully. OST fit so well with the fast-paced action sequences and it made things a lot more intense. Man, the Sibyl System 'laughing' at Akane was pretty damn creepy! Great to see an epilogue. Ginoza is now an enforcer and he doesn't wear any glasses anymore. Shion and Yayoi were sleeping naked together, haha! I absolutely loved how it ended with Akane introducing the new inspector to the business, and the new inspector is actually Mika Shimotsuki from the character arc. Awesome! Akane has changed so much ever since episode 1, talk about character development down right! Kougami's now a lone wolf, hiding someplace.

As a whole, I freakin' love Psycho-Pass. I'm a sucker for cyberpunk anime. I was hooked onto the series as soon as I watched the first episode. Loved the concept of the dominators and how society is judged/controlled by the Sibyl System. Kougami is such a badass character and I seriously liked how Akane isn't a typical over-the-top fanservice heroine. Props to Akira Amano for the character designs. Psycho-Pass made my Fridays awesome, glad I watched it weekly. One of my favourites now. 10/10
"SIByL still continues..." - Season 2?! :D
Mar 21, 2013 11:40 PM

Jan 2012
could it be possibly the story still continues? OVA or 2nd season maybe? lol

the end feeeeeels empty
Mar 22, 2013 12:03 AM

Feb 2011
Great fighting scene, and Akane/Kogami partnership.
I think that's the first time Kogami ever called Inspector Tsunemori with her first name? I might be wrong. The next time they meet, they will be enemies. Because Kogami has become a real criminal. That's so saadd ;A;

Really like the scene where Makishima almost shot Akane. Well, the gun's empty. He thought that Akane's the same like the others but in the end he found out that she's not (Akane never planned to use the gun at all, not like that last time when Makishima threatened to kill her friend). That's why he left Akane without killing her although it would be a piece of cake to.

Akane has been faced with difficult situation. Her heart refuses to acknowledge Sibyl's way but she knows that without Sibyl the society will fall. She's strong.
Still prefer Akane over the new inspector. :3

9.9/10
Will be perfect if there's a continuation (season2/movie) and Akane's still the main protagonist.
Mar 22, 2013 12:07 AM

Dec 2011
Ending was a bit rather lacking.
Maybe a potential second season might remedy that issue.
Mar 22, 2013 12:22 AM
Oct 2010
tyrolizard1 said:
can't believe those 2 swung that way lol suprising. Hate how they made the villian badass then ruin it by making him haul ass like a chump, the quotes were good and apart from an almost identical scene to episode 1 it was gold 8/10 for me.

Really? That was common knowledge from episode 3 or so.
Mar 22, 2013 12:24 AM

Dec 2011
Exactly.
Mar 22, 2013 12:26 AM

Jul 2012
Ah this show was a ride, posed some interesting questions
Hopefully there will be a second season, it seemed like they were hinting at it.

So buying the DVD/Blu-ray of this when it comes out, at least just to get my friends to watch it

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 22, 2013 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
be cool if they had a OVA of a back story arc with Sasahara and Kougami

Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.