Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
A place for anime recommendations where you can ask for what to watch and hopefully someone would come lend a hand. Share anything you think is entertaining and think other people should watch it too.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 27, 2013 11:01 PM
Sep 2012
kotoura-san, ore no kanojo, sakurasou no pet na kanojo
Mar 31, 2013 5:10 AM

Jul 2012
tonari no kaibutsu kun, kobato, gakuen alice, sukitte li na yo, itazura na kiss...

I would like some recommendation too.. please :)

oh, does that mean only romance recomendation or if I need some shonen recommendation I can ask here?
Apr 1, 2013 4:03 PM
Sep 2012
ummmm anko u should watch clannad if u havnt ...... ummm" lamune" and "myself yourself" is pretty good
Apr 1, 2013 8:45 PM

Apr 2012
@anko96
All recommendations are welcome here! If you are looking for shounen then check out these:
Beelzebub (Pretty silly but very entertaining in my opinion)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (I personally love this series)
Great teacher Onizuka
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (I see you have seen the original. If you liked the original then Brotherhood will blow you away :D)
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (I haven't seen the anime but the manga is pretty good)
These are the shounen animes that are on the top of my mind. Hope this helps!
Apr 2, 2013 7:28 PM
Sep 2012
what is shounen???
Apr 2, 2013 8:18 PM

Jul 2010
It is something like a demographic meaning that it is not really a genre but a specific target group which is generally young boys. Shounen typically has big fights with some comedy and a simple story (with some exceptions on genres and story), just basically a lighthearted anime with many scenes around action or comedy that boys would like. Often times friendships plays a key role in shounen anime.
FatefulLoveApr 2, 2013 8:45 PM
Apr 3, 2013 6:55 PM
Sep 2012
u mean like naruto ??
Apr 3, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2010
Yea Naruto is one of the so called big 3 of shounen, but those aren't the only types of shounen out there. Something like Kaze no stigma or Sword Art Online are examples of shounen too but with romance, or even Sankarea with no action at all but will appeal the most boys, with lite romance.
Basically I am trying to say not all shounens are like Naruto (Which I am glad that it is like this as there are more diversity), shounen offers a very wide range of shows.
FatefulLoveApr 3, 2013 9:34 PM
Apr 8, 2013 9:06 AM
Sep 2012
Umm any recomendation for romance/comedy a little bit of drama....
Apr 8, 2013 5:16 PM
Apr 2013
I have watched loads of Romance Animes and in my opinion from the ones that ive seen these are the best Romance Animes of all time:
(No Particular Order)
Kimi ni todoke S1+2
Lovely Complex
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun
Suki-tte li na yo
Sword Art Online
Clannad + After Story
Toradora!
Special A
Itazura Na Kiss
Suzuka
Vampire Knight
Bakuman 1+2+3
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu + Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza + Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Final
Oreshura
Sakurasou no pet na kanojo
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!

Hopes this helps anyone having trouble ;) XD
I Recommend Them All, They Are All Must Watches

If anyone would like to recommend any to me then please tell me, and also comment if you think that any other Brilliant Romance Animes should be there on my list.
Apr 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Jul 2010
Hmmm, you could watch,

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, a short but surprisingly good and fairly powerful romance drama, with some comedy.

Full Moon wo Sagashite, an anime that seemingly has lots of fillers in it, but the fillers are enjoyable, and makes the 2nd half of the anime ever so powerful as the drama comes in.

Cross Game, a baseball anime with a dramatic episode, a rather slower paced anime in terms of romance, as baseball plays a rather big role in it, so only watch Cross Game if you don't mind baseball, but by adding baseball with romance, it makes it seem rather unique.

Welcome to the NHK, a rather bizarre anime that is quite funny at times and
is one of the more rare anime as it includes romance with a psychological theme to it, as the heroine reveals more about herself, the drama and romance comes rushing in.

Aishiteruze Baby, a cute romance anime about taking care a young girl too!

Saiunkoku Monogatari, a reverse harem anime in the setting of historical China, a strong heroine steps ups to the world, aiming to become an official. I personally enjoy adventures themes and I found that it makes romance and overall anime better as they go through hardship and get to learn about one and the other and of course about the world too.
Apr 10, 2013 2:44 AM
Sep 2012
thanks guys i will definately check some of these out :D

And since u help me out i would recomend u watching amagami.. kinda a weird story line but it is really good.. well atleast to me..
NamNguyenApr 10, 2013 2:48 AM
Apr 13, 2013 4:30 PM
Sep 2012
Is tari tari a romance anime by any chance???
Apr 13, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
No it is not, it is a slice of life with music, there might be some romance hints (or none), it is just about friendship, meeting new people, and their passion for music.
Apr 21, 2013 11:39 PM
Sep 2012
do any of you guys know an anime where the 2 main character start off as a couple and the story continue on from there ..... for example CLANNAD AFTER STORY......
Apr 22, 2013 8:44 PM

Jul 2010
Well I have to agree with you, only a few rare anime that goes after the point on where they go on as a couple, anime like Itazura na Kiss, and Clannad. I highly reccomend watching Nodame Cantabile, it goes beyond the point of the couple ending together and it was an amazing anime to watch too.
Apr 23, 2013 7:02 PM
Sep 2012
OMFG THANKS btw.. would u recomend freezing or little buster as a good romance?
Apr 25, 2013 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
Short answer - No, neither Freezing or Little Busters have much good romance.

Long answer - No, but I recommend you watch both of them because they are both getting 2nd seasons. Having read the Freezing manga and knowing that the 2nd season of Little Busters is based on Refrain (Little Busters' "After Story" section persay), I can almost guarentee the 2nd seasons of both are going to have more romance than the 1st.

However, if you are simply looking for a romance fix right now, go watch Ai Yori Aoshi or AnoHana.
Apr 25, 2013 6:07 PM
Sep 2012
does freezing have any like twisted gore in it like..... idk..... elfen lied?????
Apr 25, 2013 7:52 PM

Feb 2013
No it does not. Of course not many series do considering the amount of blood in that 1st episode... Beware the excessive amounts of fan service in Freezing though. It's not Highschool of the Dead levels of fan service but there is quite a bit of it.
Apr 29, 2013 4:35 PM
Sep 2012
idc about fan service but ty ... i really dont like gore what so ever
May 3, 2013 12:09 AM
Sep 2012
just finish campione...... awsome anime. definately one of my favorite... does anyone know any anime out there that is like that?????????
May 3, 2013 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
'Like that' is a little vague, if you mean a harem with an action storyline, the only one I can think of that you havnt seen is C³. It doesnt have a strong male lead like Campione or Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. It's kind of similar to Omamori Himari.
May 7, 2013 7:52 PM
Sep 2012
would anyone recomend the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya as a good romance
May 8, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2012
@NamNguyen
No, I wouldn't recommend Haruhi as good romance anime. It actually barely has any at all. (The main character has a crush on one girl and Haruhi shows hints of interest in the main character but nothing big). The movie has some but it's not lovey dovey. I highly recommend you watch Haruhi just for the movie. It has to be my favorite movie of all time.
May 10, 2013 7:30 PM
Sep 2012
kk cool :D btw insinoration... i seen c3 BUT didnt like it to much tbh by any chance do u have a better anime. i would apreciate it
May 10, 2013 11:31 PM

Feb 2013
@NamNguyen
Well we obviously have slightly different tastes, since I kind of liked C3 and thought Campione, while decent, had issues and was adapted from the light novel it was based on poorly. So, I'll just list off some random action + romance or harem series.
11 eyes / Hidan no Aria / Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Some of those I think are better or worse than others but I'll let you decide what you like.
May 12, 2013 9:58 PM
Sep 2012
most appreciated :D ill let u know if one catches my eyes
May 28, 2013 12:37 AM
Sep 2012
is hitohira one of those and with romance category but it barley have any???
May 29, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2010
Yea there isn't much, but if you like slice of life and some drama, and a tiny bit of romance you could watch it.
Jun 6, 2013 7:06 PM
Sep 2012
do u know any that is just straight up romance?
Jun 8, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2010
For a straight up romance.... I would recommend Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora because it really does deliver its story for romance, along with emotions and its characters.

For some reason I want to recommend "Bakuman" , but it is not a straight up romance, in fact the romance section of the anime could need a lot more screen time. But the few moments of romance in this anime, is relatively good. The romance is more of a theme here, mainly supporting the theme of having a dream occupation of illustrating manga, unless you find drawing manga interesting (the way I am explain it seems really boring and uninteresting), you could give this a shot.
Mar 16, 2014 8:13 AM
Feb 2014
Anohana,
Ano natsu de matteru,
kimi ni todoke,
kimi no iru machi,
golden time,
sakurasou no pet na kanojo,
sword art online,
nagi no asukara,
tonari no kaibutsu-kun
≤«‹[M€G@T®OΠ]›»≥
Jul 7, 2014 8:18 PM

Dec 2010
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii was a recent great shoujo. It just felt superior to many of the recent shoujo.
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou was also pretty good with its comedy and cuteness.
Nisekoi too, but only if you don't expect much important things to happen.

Forgot to ask, any really great romance comedy out there? Can't get enough of them lol.
Jan 21, 2018 2:24 PM

Dec 2017

i recommend:
1.koi to uso
2.high school DxD
3.Sword art online
4.toradora
5.chivalry of a failed knight
6.yamada-kun and the 7 witches
7.golden time
8.as the moon so beautiful
9.waiting in the summer
10.your name (movie)
Feb 17, 2018 2:05 AM

Apr 2015
I just finished Lovely Complex and i need more romance to watch. This far my favourites are Kimi ni todoke, Ao haru ride and Koe no katachi. I've actually seen quite many romance animes already but what do you think are most similar to these ones?
2022 MALoween:
2023 MALoween:
Aug 9, 2020 1:02 AM
Feb 2020
Recommendations:
-Your Name
-Teasing Master Takagi-san
-Twinstar Exorcists
-Weathering With You
-Sister princess
-Clannad
-Love Chunnibyou and other delusions
Sep 18, 2021 11:49 AM
Jan 2021
I was going through my list of completed anime and noticed I rated nisekoi fairly high, Re-watched it and it was amazing. The way the relationship of the mc progresses, and transitioned from once a fake - forced relationship to an actual one, along with the consistent comedy was really fun to watch, the one anime i can think of which did something similar is oreshura.

By any chance is there another anime like nisekoi?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Why did you join this club or other small clubs in general?

FatefulLove - Oct 30, 2014

0 by FatefulLove »»
Oct 30, 2014 6:47 PM

Poll: » Favourite Romance Anime of 2013

FatefulLove - Jan 12, 2014

1 by LateKnighter »»
Oct 29, 2014 6:51 PM

» Romance Anime/Latest Episode Discussion

FatefulLove - Jan 12, 2014

2 by LateKnighter »»
Oct 29, 2014 6:46 PM

Poll: » Favourite genre with romance

FatefulLove - Aug 5, 2013

8 by LateKnighter »»
Oct 29, 2014 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.