Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 15, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2014
I liked Tenjourima and the arc they are now in.

I didn't Edolas that much.
Just Monika.
May 15, 2014 5:24 AM

Aug 2012
wulf17 said:
Best Arc: Key of the Starry Skies arc and Daphne Arc (Well written story lines)
Worst Arc: All arcs from season 1.
So you're saying you like filler arcs better
May 15, 2014 5:48 AM

Oct 2013
Best Arc: Phantom Lord (cuz Juvia <3)
Worst Arc: Edolas (just forgettable) and Key of the Starry Sky Arc (f*ck fillers)

May 15, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know why, but I'm surprised to see that a lot of people also think that Tenrou was the best arc.
That's the only time when I felt the villain was actually noteworthy.

The worst is definitely Edolas. Just a terrible waste of time.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 2, 2014 7:23 PM
Sep 2014
Tower of heaven is dope
May 22, 2015 11:58 PM
May 2015
MY favourite arc was edolas because it was just so good
and my worst is daphne arc
May 26, 2015 3:09 AM

May 2015
Best Arc: Well the first few episode
Worst Arc: The rest of the series
May 26, 2015 7:22 PM
May 2015
Favorite arc is when they go to the tournament to become number one again worst arc is Edolas it was just boring
Jul 1, 2015 4:42 PM

Mar 2014
Best: Grand Magic Games
Worst: Galuna Island
Jul 8, 2015 4:14 PM
Jul 2015
All of the arcs (including fillers) were enjoyable in my opinion. But if I had to choose...

The BEST would be either Tartaros or Grand Magic Games.
The WORST would be all fillers.
Jun 26, 2016 9:13 AM
Jun 2016
Best Arc || Galuna Island Arc

For me, it is somewhat a personal arc for me. But that's only because this was the arc that I, not only fell for Gray but actually acknowledged him. Before this arc, I laughed at Gray and then forgot about him. This arc gave me something to remember him for, and I'm grateful for that as the series might not be as enjoyable for me without my favourite Ice Block. It is also the arc that helped to establish the relationship between Natsu and Gray. The care for each other so much that they're willing to give each other Tough Love to keep each other safe. Plus, Natsu was the only person that kept Gray from killing himself and helping him through the place that reminded Gray of his heart-breaking past.

Worst Arc || Avatar Arc

Where the hell do I begin with this monstrosity?! Well, first off, this is the first arc where I can say I truly HATE Gray. As I stated above, I love Gray and I have a lot of faith in him. However, in this arc he fall to one of my least favourite characters for the time being. Because of his and Erza's actions, Juvia fell ill because of her own rain, after being alone for 6 months with the utmost faith that Gray would return to her. GrUvia was a ship that I was actually starting to support.....and then Gray just had to go and SCREW it up. And the worst thing is that Gray and Erza don't even get karma for their actions, they say sorry and Juvia forgives them. It should at LEAST take a bit longer for Juvia to trust them again.

Not to mention, Mary - the one who hurt Lucy has a VERY strong resemblance to Mary from the Ice Trail Series. Which makes it 6x worse.

I hate this arc.
Jun 27, 2016 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
Top 3 (FT's prime):
1. Phantom Lord
2. Fighting Festival
3. Tower of Heaven

Bottom 3 (Hiro's shittest wrtiting):
1. Grand Magic Games
2. Edolas
3. Tenrou Island
Mar 18, 2017 7:08 AM
Mar 2017
I like oracion seis, tenrou and fantasia best but I don't like key of the starry heaven and the save the world every other week thing after the seven year gap.
Apr 10, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2009
Best : Jellal Arc

Worst: Edolas Arc (boring to watch)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2017 9:13 AM

Mar 2014
Best was Tartarus by far

GMG was dogshit
Apr 21, 2017 10:31 AM
Apr 2017
Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc best arc emotionaly

ZERO just boring in general
Nov 15, 2017 1:26 PM
Jun 2016
Best arc tarutarus arc so damn emotional and worst one was the corrupted celestial one
Nov 15, 2017 1:50 PM

Feb 2015
Can't go with just 1 for each, so...:

Best
-Phantom Lord arc: This was the one that really pulled me in, and gets the show rolling after its initial slow and mediocre start.
-Tower of Heaven arc: Lots of world building, character backgrounds and cool battles. This arc has it all.
-Battle of Fairy Tail arc: This was the arc that made me into a Fairy Tail fanboy. It basically showed what Fairy Tail is all about, involving all of the members and has some awesome battles.
-Oración Seis arc: What a way to introduce a new main character halfway through the first season. Amazing villain set up with an exciting finale.
-Tenroujima arc:. Had some of the most epic showdowns in the series, and the semi-tournament setup for the trials in the beginning was really cool.
-Fairy Tail Zero: Nice to get the background story on Mavis and the guild.

Worst (not counting the fillers)
-Galuna Island arc: A terrible first major story arc with bad animation and mediocre fights. The only good part about it was getting to see Gray's background story.
-Edolas arc: Has its moments, but just felt way too slow paced, and the concept of having 2 different worlds is just a bit too much. Did have a cool final battle, though.
-Alvarez Empire arc: Massive power creep and far too many throw-away newly introduced bad guys that don't get enough time for development. A pretty anti-climactic final battle against Fairy Tail's main villain. Not terrible, but just disappointing in many ways.

Best & Worst:
-Grand Magic Games arc: The whole tournament thing up until the end of Natsu & Gajeel vs. Sting & Rogue was awesome, but from the point the (2014) anime took over, things turned bad. Mostly just the slow pacing and terrible animation, as well as the random villain team that felt like filler material and did nothing but waste screen time.
Jul 15, 2019 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Most favourite ones would be both Battle of Fairy Tail and Oración Seis. Battle of Fairy Tail didn't dragged off much, it had the first moment of badassery of Mirajane, Laxus's fight was decent and the ending when the whole guild tells Laxus farewell in the parade (after he has been expelled from the guild for treason) was one of the most emotive moments of the series.
Oración Seis was the first time some non antagonistic guilds were shown, it introduced God Ichiya himself, Oración Seis were decent antagonists and the first big dark guild of the series to be fought, it had some good battles (Lucy vs Angel and Natsu vs Cobra mainly) and it had a sad but hopeful ending (Jellal is arrested by the Magic Council, but he has redeemed himself after his past sins, and Wendy finds a new home in Fairy Tail after losing her previous guild).

Least favourite ones are Edolas, Grand Magic Games and, especially, Alvarez. I pick Edolas for this entry, since the other two arcs are adapted in the sequels of the first anime. The only thing I truly liked from Edolas was that it gave Gajeel a cat (and Lily is the best Exceed of the series), the background behind the Exceeds and Happy's past, and Edolas's Cana. Other than that, it was a very pointless arc not related with any relevant plot of the series (Zeref, the dragons...), Mashima shouln't had introduced a paralel world when the main one was barely explored, the antagonists were mediocre, it brought back Lisanna (a pretty unnecessary move, as it ruined all the previous drama that the characters close to her felt when she "died", and Lisanna herself ended up being useless and irrelevant in the latest arcs, making her return kinda dumb in hindsight) and got rid of Mystogan, a character with potential, and who never showed his true strength in the series. It was so pointless it was never mentioned again in the series. It would feel like a filler arc if Lily and Lisanna wouldn't had become part of Fairy Tail.

That being said, I still find Edolas better than the travesty that was Alvarez arc. Grand Magic Games actually started well, but it got to shit after Laxus vs Raven Tail fight, though is still better than Edolas and Alvarez. The Daphne arc was pretty bad too, but I will not count it, since it was pure filler.
Jul 15, 2019 3:25 AM
May 2019
The Worst Arc: Daphne arc

The Best Arc: Tower of Heaven
Jul 30, 2019 4:26 AM
Jul 2019
Elodas ark was the best.
Jul 30, 2019 4:37 AM

Sep 2014
Best: Tenrou Island

Worst: the one with daphne
Feb 29, 2020 10:38 PM
Aug 2016
Best: Alvarez Empire (A very unpopular opinion I know)

Worst: Eclipse Celestial Spirit (I thinks it's alright though)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
5 hours ago

» Do you agree with the idea of ​​adding blood to Fairy Tail ? ( 1 2 )

Satan-sama - Aug 3, 2013

58 by ModsZone »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

138 by phantom346 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

110 by phantom346 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 163 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

116 by phantom346 »»
6 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.