Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 18, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
[q Miho can jump really far! :O
I just have to stick it here:

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 18, 2013 10:35 AM

Feb 2012
I thought the Jagditger was bad,but now a MAUS?WHat's next E100?Jgdpz E100?P.1500 Monster?
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Mar 18, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
bluedragon777 said:
I thought the Jagditger was bad,but now a MAUS?WHat's next E100?Jgdpz E100?P.1500 Monster?
I think the rule of senshdo requires the tank must be completed before the war's end. E100 never got past the stage of prototype so I don't think it is allowed in senshado. Maus is as far as it can get as there is just one tank that was completed (and another one still in prototype stage).

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 18, 2013 10:46 AM

Feb 2012
No,the Maus was only a prototype,they were never able to find a good enough engine for it...

The rules say that if a tank was in prototype/drawing board stage during WWII it has to be reviewed by a special committee.Tanks that were in production stage are just accepted by default.The tiger P was also made in just 6 prototypes.

So prototypes are allowed as long as they get approved.

Mar 18, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2012
Just for reference:

3-01 Participating Vehicles
The only vehicles allowed to participate are those whose designs were completed before August 15, 1945, OR vehicles that had begun prototype trials by that date, OR vehicles whose construction was planned using only materials available before that date.
Vehicles meeting these requirements must be confirmed to be constructed using materials that were available at that time.
For vehicles that were only in their planning stages, the League will decide their eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
However, in the event that there is difficulty supplying the appropriate parts, the League may determine the extent that reproductions and modifications are allowed.

3-02 Supplemental Equipment
All tanks must be fitted with League-sanctioned referee equipment.
Furthermore, for the safety of the participants, the crew compartments are required to be fitted with League-approved armored mantles as an added safety measure.

3-03 Usable Cannons
All rounds are to be League-sanctioned live ammunition; production of your own warheads or charges is not allowed.
Mar 18, 2013 11:05 AM

Oct 2012
Symbv Post #22:
I just have to stick it here:

Thank you for the clip.
GuP director Tsutomu Mizushima always goes to incredible lengths to get the laws
of Physics right. No matter how she flails her arms and legs, Miho's center of mass
MUST follow a parabolic arc as she jumps from one tank to the next.
Mar 18, 2013 11:09 AM

Feb 2012
bt. once you spot a subbed stream feel free to link here...

Mar 18, 2013 11:19 AM

Oct 2012
zenjamibu, thank you for providing that reference information.

For those of you who want to be able to refer to the original source, you can find the
rules in the right column of this: http://girls-und-panzer.jp/img/special/giveout2.jpg
It is written in Japanese. The type is very, very small. However, if you blow it up as
much as possible it is very clearly legible.

I am not aware of anywhere else where this information was officially put out. So I
believe that this is the original authoritative source.
Mar 18, 2013 11:33 AM

Sep 2012
KAICHO-SAMA !!!!

Bonus:

Mar 18, 2013 12:36 PM
Dec 2012
okanagan said:
2. On the other hand, it is true that it is NOT specific to Episode #11.

To me, it was specific to the episode. For, it was about Maus the monster tank. When I saw episodes last year, the tankers were not wounded despite tank battles. At that time I thought it was prolly due to long-rage fires of normal size tanks. But this time it was a Mause, the target was just in front of it, and the dead center of the target was hit.

If the anime had been full of unrealistic stuff, I wouldn't have wondered. But they are realistic mecha-wise [e.g. poor gradability of Tiger I], and they fired shells, not pellet ones. This is why I wondered in ep 11.
Mar 18, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
Eminagnam, thank you for expanding on your original comment.

A key point that is revealed early in the series is that the interior of the tanks is coated in "carbon". No more details are given. However, in real-life present materials science, the strongest-known material is made from carbon nanotubes. So it is realistically plausible that the "carbon" is an ultra-strong material that is able to 100% prevent any penetration into the crew compartment. There would be no "spalling" either. This would keep the girls safe. This fact was revealed by Miho when she was talking to Saori during the battle with St. Gloriana.

When you watch the sequence where the "Mallard Team" (カモさんチーム) Renault B1 Bis gets hit by the 128-mm Maus shell, the key point to notice is the subsequent motion of the tank after it gets hit. It rolls backwards head-over-heels once, but then its motion settles down. On the basis of this it is possible to estimate the accelerations inside the tank that would endanger the girls (Sodoko, Gomoyo and Pazomi). Rather than going into the details of that, NASCAR automobile race fans in the United States know that, when they lose control, the motions of the cars can be much, much more extreme without even mussing the hair of the drivers.

From a technical point of view, the key point is that these tank shells do not carry a very large momentum. They have a high speed but a small mass. So when they collide with the target, the velocity of the target after the collision is not large.

Miho also stated that there are some genuine risks associated with Senshado, but it seems that the probability of serious injury is acceptably low.
okanaganMar 18, 2013 2:06 PM
Mar 18, 2013 1:59 PM

Feb 2012
One half of episode 10.5 was just talking about the safety measures...

Mar 18, 2013 6:27 PM

Apr 2009
Ob's stürmt oder schneit,
Ob die Sonne uns lacht,
Der Tag glühend heiß
Oder eiskalt die Nacht.

I really wish we had a version with vocals for the Panzerlied, but otherwise it was an excellent episode.

I'm also suprised the Maus can move so freely. The most likely way to beat such a giant fortress is to use the terrain.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 18, 2013 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
I missed this show so much. Great episode.
Mar 18, 2013 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
When i saw the MAUS I kinda lost my senses and started playing W.O.T again...
Mar 18, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
Hetzers gonna hetz.
Mar 18, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty awesome episode. They're really incorporating more advanced tactics now. The smoke gank was terrific! Hetzer was amezzin' too, trolling them, turrets unable to keep up and get a clear shot off, although wouldn't a light tank be better for that? I guess they should just buck it from the Maus, it ain't the flag tank and it isn't fast enough to really persue beyond the town.

I always love the little girly touches they add though, like the smily face marker on the map. Man, I missed this show so much...
Mar 18, 2013 8:28 PM
Oct 2007
From wikipedia

Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus was a German World War II super-heavy tank completed in late 1944. It is the heaviest fully enclosed armoured fighting vehicle ever built. Only two hulls and one turret were completed before the testing grounds were captured by the advancing Soviet forces. An uncompleted tank was captured by British forces.

These two prototypes – one with, one without turret – underwent trials in late 1944. The complete vehicle was 10.2 metres (33 ft 6 in) long, 3.71 metres (12 ft 2 in) wide and 3.63 metres (11.9 ft) tall. Weighing 200 metric tons, the Maus's main armament was a 128 mm KwK 44 L/55 gun (55 calibers long barrel), based on the 12.8 cm Pak 44 anti-tank artillery piece, with a coaxial 75 mm gun. The 128 mm gun was powerful enough to destroy all enemy armored fighting vehicles at close or medium ranges, and even some at ranges exceeding 3,500 metres (3,800 yd).[2]

The principal problem in development of the Maus was finding a powerful enough engine for its weight that could be carried in the tank. Though the design called for a maximum speed of 20 kilometres per hour (12 mph), no engine was found that could power the prototype to more than 13 kilometres per hour (8.1 mph) under ideal conditions. The weight also made it impossible to cross most bridges; it was intended to ford or submerge and use a snorkel to cross rivers.
Mar 18, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2009
where that Maus came from?
Mar 18, 2013 9:05 PM
Oct 2010
fuck my stream was so slow. badass ep tho. that maus is pretty epic
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 18, 2013 9:11 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That Maus is one helluva beast! o_____o

A very exciting episode and I'm so happy that I've watched episode 11. I missed this show so much and it was worth the wait for me! Miho can jump really far (and gracefully) and good thing she didn't fall. She's truly amazing.... I'm also amazed by the tactics they pulled off here in this episode. LOL'd at destroying the bridge. :'D

Totally excited for the final episode next week!
Mar 18, 2013 9:18 PM
Sep 2012
YES! It's finally here!

Those were some pretty impressive tactics by Miho right there. Using smoke as cover while going up the hill and pick them of one by one as they tried to climb up. using the Turtle team to harass and get some kills was pretty good and funny too. I can understand those Kuromorimine second in command frustration at them running away. And just when everything was going well... GODZILLA shows up. God that Maus is like a fucking Godzilla on the battlefield. Either they have to find a way to get around that tank and hit it from the back or they have to find a way to take out the flag tank before they're all picked off.
Mar 18, 2013 9:25 PM

Jan 2011
Woo it's finally back good episode smoke tactic was cool but mother of god where did that Maus come from i need a gif of that thing shattering all the glass lol.

But i forgot why the other teams are able to have way more than the Ooarai Girls on top of that having a moving fortress.
Mar 18, 2013 9:32 PM

Apr 2008
Okay, forgot about the details in previous episode, but Miho (and the audience) should have known there's Maus in Kuromorimine's lineup don't they ?

BTW, they failed to aim the long cannon in first try because it's too long ^^;

Another awesome point is for the lion team.
There's this anecdote about mechanic and surgeon.
Mechanic: I open up car's machine and fix it, you open up human heart and fix it. Same thing, but how come you got paid more ?
Surgeon: Well, try doing that while the engine is running
And they really did it
nseikaMar 18, 2013 10:01 PM
Mar 18, 2013 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
Oh, so the series is back. Finally.

AIM. READY. FIRE.

For one thing, I would say that this episode's action were pretty good and shit got real!
>She's almost like flying!

Oh she sure is.

So a Maus is also here huh? Heaviest fucking tank in history.
Mar 18, 2013 10:33 PM

Jan 2012
THAT MAUS @@
Mar 18, 2013 11:16 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm when the tank flashed them and then lead them through town I already suspected a huge trap was waiting for them. xD I didn't expect any tanks in town, so the fact they had one there and ran away at the first sight of them and seemed to lead them on a pee-determined route rather than a hasty ad-hoc route made my spider sense tingle. o_o

One thing I was thinking to counter that tank would've been to have the lead tank get up super close so that turret couldn't reach them. And even just pin the tank against the wall so it couldn't move farther down the alley. Though.. I think if they just shot into the building walls the concussion and fragmentation would've taken them out anyways. But I think they still could've pinned the tank by acting as a wedge or chock between the building wall and the Maus tank.
Mar 18, 2013 11:19 PM

Sep 2010
i had forgotten how enjoyable this was :3

but seriously, who keeps telling them to pursuit an enemy under clear numeric disadvantage?? :/
Mar 18, 2013 11:27 PM

Apr 2010
Whole episode had me fired up and laughing my ass off at the same time. I'm glad it's back. Worth the wait, for sure.

I knew that tank in the city was luring them into a trap but I didn't expect a Maus to roll around the corner. Actually I didn't know what a Maus was until I looked it up.

Mar 19, 2013 12:14 AM

Aug 2010
I had a feeling that PzIII was leading Oorai to something big....If only the Maus was that intimidating in WoT
Mar 19, 2013 1:20 AM

Jul 2012
well im sure we all saw something happening in the river that would require Nishizumi to save someone but i must say those jumps were legit.
Mar 19, 2013 2:47 AM

Jul 2009
That maus felt like it was pulled out of nowhere.

Still - great episode, made all this waiting totally worth it.
Mar 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Too bad it couldn't be a fair fight
Mar 19, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2012
It was worth waiting :D

Great ep
Mar 19, 2013 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
A maus... hahahaha.
Mar 19, 2013 4:31 AM

May 2012
awesome miho :)
Mar 19, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
okanagan said:
zenjamibu, thank you for providing that reference information.

For those of you who want to be able to refer to the original source, you can find the
rules in the right column of this: http://girls-und-panzer.jp/img/special/giveout2.jpg
It is written in Japanese. The type is very, very small. However, if you blow it up as
much as possible it is very clearly legible.

I am not aware of anywhere else where this information was officially put out. So I
believe that this is the original authoritative source.

Here is a translated version that I found: too big so it is behind a spoiler.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 19, 2013 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
was expecting some serious mood and predicament, but still fantastic.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 19, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2008

” Girls und Panzer ” Oarai Ibaraki Town Real and Anime location Map
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 19, 2013 6:48 AM
Mar 2013
Makaizen said:
I had a feeling that PzIII was leading Oorai to something big....If only the Maus was that intimidating in WoT

Imagine yourself driving a PzIV or Hetzer, I bet the Maus would be just as intimidating then.

Damnit, I love Oorai, but after the final part of the episode, where the opponent drives in formation with Panzerlied in the background.. Daaaaaamn. I cheer for the germans now!
Mar 19, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
This was worth the wait tho i hope the last episode will air a bit faster then this one did.

The tactics used here where a lot of fun to watch especially the Hetzer coming up from behind the enemy formation.
That the Panzer in the city was leading them into a trap was expected but then again a really awesome trap that Maus was a monster.
I also like Miho's dedication to her team she takes good care of them and it even seemed to have some effect on her mother.
Mar 19, 2013 8:05 AM

Feb 2012
This episode was mind-blowing!

However so far I'm not impressed with Maho as a commander,all she has done is to rely on the brute force of her tanks and a simple trap tactic with the Maus.

Mar 19, 2013 8:08 AM
Feb 2012
Can't watch yet, I wanna give it a 5 out of 5 but I have to wait for all to finish!
Mar 19, 2013 9:32 AM
Nov 2012
Can someone tell me who let a MAUS into the battle! this is overkill at it's finest definition. But overall awesome episode. Just please don't kill the Porsche Tiger
Mar 19, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
bluedragon777 said:
This episode was mind-blowing!

However so far I'm not impressed with Maho as a commander,all she has done is to rely on the brute force of her tanks and a simple trap tactic with the Maus.

With enough good weapons and numbers you don't need tactics lol.

Panzerlied made a damn fine touch on this ep. And I expect the hero's to win...but unless they have a S2 planned, I'm just not seeing how they will. Unless they hijack the Maus..Or knock some buildings down on it. The only respectable tanks they have left is the Tiger (P) and the Panzer IV. I mean so far most of the "kills" have been from attacks on the treads or engine compartments. I gave up asking why no one ever dies long ago. Hell thats like asking how little girls handle those tanks and lift the damn shells for the guns on the bigger tanks.
RedArmyShogunMar 19, 2013 10:43 AM
Mar 19, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
nseika said:
Okay, forgot about the details in previous episode, but Miho (and the audience) should have known there's Maus in Kuromorimine's lineup don't they ?
Remember Yukari had to sneak in Saunder's to spy what tanks they were going to use in the match? Apparently what tanks are in the lineup is not revealed to each other before the match.

However, the number of tanks seem to be known to all sides. When Miho counted Kuromorimine having 17 tanks left during the battle around a hill slope, she was already counting the two tanks that were not in action at that spot. This is proven by the last scene of the Kuromorimine's tanks in a V-shape formation. You can count there are 15 tanks there, so Miho's 17 includes the two tanks hidden in the town area already.

Mar 19, 2013 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
Maus :D in next time let them pull Ratte or some other product of insanity. It would be awesome to see Sturmtiger (or Sturmpanzer at least).
But they actually showed it like something that can be usefull in battle - that is an acchievement, one thing I had here was: Why didn't girls try to hit its wheels or at the building to hold it down for a moment.
Now I wonder how they will disable it or use it, because why not.

And that Hetzer... aww nice to see it bringing chaos to enemy lines :)
Mar 19, 2013 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
So cool tanks being introduced. Lol at superhuman jumping without even getting a running start there.

Mar 19, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode. Just what i'd expect i really loved this one after it beening absent for so long. DAT MAUS damn thats just unfair
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

164 by giannis85 »»
Nov 20, 2023 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.