Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2013 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dont know why a thread has not been created for the second movie yet. So I might as well start one.

Second movie began where the first left off

I noticed a lot more alternate scenes in the way they shot it. The transitions to the flashback we're interesting. I liked how well done it was. It was odd that after the homura flashback they showed the first opening. That was just odd. The rune ending theme was awesome as well.

Overall, great movie. I would say it is just as good as the series. If I want to introduce anyone to the series I'd show this. 10/10 for me :D Praise be to Madoka.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Mar 20, 2013 7:40 PM

Jun 2010
Well, this movie once again ignited my passion for the Madoka franchise.
Mar 20, 2013 9:23 PM

Nov 2008
MY POSTEEEERRRRRRR DAMMIT!!! T____________T

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 20, 2013 9:25 PM

Jun 2010
What happened, lol?
Mar 20, 2013 9:26 PM

Nov 2008
Luxanna said:
What happened, lol?
I did not get a single one... And I was 2 hours earlier than the allocated time. I underestimated western otakus that much...

Even there were technical problems to add salt into my wound.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 20, 2013 9:30 PM

Jun 2010
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
What happened, lol?
I did not get a single one... And I was 2 hours earlier than the allocated time. I underestimated western otakus that much...

Yeah, they only gave out like, 10. Too bad. The poster was huge as well.

Haha, at least we got a free movie ticket.
Mar 20, 2013 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
Luxanna said:
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
What happened, lol?

Did you get one? -glares-

Was that yellow paper thing a free movie ticket? I don't really watch movies that much so I don't really know what I am taking. xDD

Mar 20, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2010
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
What happened, lol?

Was that yellow paper thing a free movie ticket? I don't really watch movies that much so I don't really know what I am taking. xDD

I wish I did. I got there at 6:30 thinking only a couple people were going to be there. I was pretty wrong.

Yeah, that was the free movie ticket. You can save it for the third movie. :D
Mar 20, 2013 9:42 PM

Nov 2008
Luxanna said:
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
What happened, lol?

I wish I did. I got there at 6:30 thinking only a couple people were going to be there. I was pretty wrong.

That actually made me feel better. xDD I got two tickets because of the refund thing. They gave me one when I stepped outside and came back when the sounds were fixed. The other one was after the whole movie. xDD

Alright. I will try again to get my own next time. xDD

Mar 20, 2013 9:44 PM

Jun 2010
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
What happened, lol?

That actually made me feel better. xDD I got two tickets because of the refund thing. They gave me one when I stepped outside and came back when the sounds were fixed. The other one was after the whole movie. xDD

Alright. I will try again to get my own next time. xDD

There you go, LOL. So you basically watched this movie for free and got another free movie. It was just a promotional movie poster as well, nothing special.
Mar 20, 2013 9:58 PM

Nov 2008
Luxanna said:
There you go, LOL. So you basically watched this movie for free and got another free movie. It was just a promotional movie poster as well, nothing special.
Yeah, you're right. xDD But its nice to have something to bring home. I don't have posters. xDD

Despite the inconvenience, the movie was enjoyable. The audience were lively as well. xDD

Although I was a bit disappointed because there is not really any changes/improvement from the TV series. It almost feels like I am watching episode 8-12 just without opening and ending songs.

The first movie was better. I am looking forward for the 3rd one. xDD

Mar 20, 2013 11:22 PM

Aug 2011
I TOTALLY GOT A FREE POSTER!

Anyways, the second movie was as beautiful as the first. The backgrounds were stunning. I liked the added scene with Homura in the graveyard and then the trees. Looking forward to the last movie!
Mar 21, 2013 7:14 AM

Jul 2010
DenjaX said:
Luxanna said:
What happened, lol?

lol I got a poster, it looks amazing next to my other madoka ones. I got this great one of Homuhomu and Madoka from the clariS single Luminous.

They had technical problems where I saw them too. Volume was up so loud, movie was cut off around the edges like it was on zoom
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Mar 21, 2013 1:04 PM

Nov 2008
^I'll keel you all!!!11

Mar 21, 2013 1:33 PM

Mar 2013
DenjaX said:
^I'll keel you all!!!11

Count me in. ._. Posters weren't even given out this time around.

Anyways, instead of a preview for the third movie, all I got was PlayStation menu screen. qq
Mar 21, 2013 1:38 PM

Jun 2010
There wasn't a preview where I watched it either...

You do know what a cam version of it has been leaked online though, right?
Mar 21, 2013 1:54 PM

Mar 2013
^I just watched the preview for the third movie. All these feeels.
Poorfag-chanMar 21, 2013 2:10 PM
Mar 21, 2013 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
Better then the series ( Just some added touches made it so.) Though the theater I went to, the vocals for Kyouko were ear-splitting.
Mar 21, 2013 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
MikuFlanKonata said:
Better then the series ( Just some added touches made it so.) Though the theatre I went to, the vocals for Kyouko were ear-splitting).

SAYAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 23, 2013 11:23 AM

Feb 2012
Luxanna said:
MikuFlanKonata said:
Better then the series ( Just some added touches made it so.) Though the theatre I went to, the vocals for Kyouko were ear-splitting).

SAYAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Exactly
Mar 26, 2013 10:36 PM

Apr 2012
It didn't bring anything new to the table, but it was pretty fantastic.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 22, 2013 6:16 PM

Aug 2007
This movie begins really good, but ends too fast for me!!!
Jul 20, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
Looks like "Connect" by ClariS is used ... twice. Once after Homura's past, once at the end credit with the anime's language.

I cannot wait for next movie.
tsubasaloverJul 21, 2013 5:04 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 21, 2013 1:23 AM

Jul 2010
This one was better than the first one. They seemed to have adapted it straight, seeing as they have less episodes to work with, so there wasn't any scenes that I could think of on the top of my head that was cut out. Again, I really like the new animation, like Homura in the graveyard with Kyubey. I will say, though, that the original series opening in the middle of the film caught me off guard. While it was awesome, I would've put it at the end of the film, along with the new version of Connect.

So overall, I really enjoyed these two movies. Again, just on their own I wouldn't recommend them, but as films for the fans I thought they were great. My only complaint is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the series. It would've been great if they added a bit more to the series. Nothing big, mind you, but they've could've maybe expanded Homura's story or something rather, kinda like what the first drama CD did.

But whatever, I liked it, and I'm really looking forward to the third film, and where the series will go from here.
KillerTune12Jul 21, 2013 4:48 AM
Jul 21, 2013 1:42 AM

Jul 2012
I cried nine times throughout watching both of these movies I counted.

First movie: 8/10
This: 10/10
Series: 10/10

God dammit I hate feelings
Jul 22, 2013 1:39 PM

Jan 2011
I think I understand the series more now after the movie.

10/10 movie btw

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonJan 30, 2018 4:55 AM
[center]
Jul 22, 2013 6:44 PM

Mar 2011
Basically my feelings for both movies

Jul 23, 2013 1:01 AM

Nov 2012
Everything the show is and more. 10/10
Jul 23, 2013 1:39 AM
Oct 2010
This movie was definitely better than the first. I really liked the extended scenes.
Jul 23, 2013 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
Great movie! 9/10 for me

That preview of the 3rd Movie really made me excited to watch it ASAP

What was my signature again?
Jul 23, 2013 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
I'll keep my comment shorter than my previous one but the movie was still very stellar in terms of OST, animation, and characters. Yuki Kajiura sure knows her style of work....

Oh and yes, I remember the fight between Sakaya's new form and Kyouko. Damn, poor Kyouko and Madoka :( I feel sorry for them but the grim reality sucks in the PMMM world. Sakaya's corruption hit me hard again just like the original TV series. As I had thought though, Kyuubey still remains a heartless bastard and tries to make Madoka into a magical girl. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

Homura looks cute in glasses and braids in that alternate time line like I remembered though. So shy too :>

The killings and struggles with Homura also gave me that nostologia that I experienced in the original TV series. Masterpiece in my book. I'll rate this movie a 9/10 since it's a recap but damn, this was a fun watch again.

Third movie will be original material and I heard it will focus on Homura, my favorite magical girl from the series so I. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Jul 23, 2013 6:28 PM

Oct 2008
Shaft is redeemed.

Pacing issues instantly vanished without a time constraint. With time to add more scenes, it make these last 4 episodes even better than the TV anime.

The soundtrack was more in line with what was in the anime, with the new tracks working much better. They didn't randomly re-arrange the tracks or move old tracks into weird places where it didn't fit.
That graveyard scene with Homura, that is an example of how a soundtrack can be used to great effect. A hint of sadness, a hint of loneliness, a hint of hopelessness, exactly what the scene is showing. Removing the vocals during character speech. Not the random classical music, tunes with weak melodic lines in the first movie or music that totally does not fit the scene (upbeat music in sad scenes, brooding music in energetic scenes...) It's the small things that make the package.

This is how the first movie should have been done.
This is a movie worthy of Madoka.
This is a 10/10.

The flames have been rekindled for Rebellion.
OmniknightJul 23, 2013 6:32 PM
Jul 23, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2013
I actually disliked the ending of the show when I first watched it (just the last two episodes, the
and I ended up liking this movie a lot more than I ever liked the show. The better art, new music, *the renewed feelings*, and just better pacing really helped make this movie amazing.
Jul 23, 2013 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good. Definitely a step above the first movie and series.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 24, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, the graveyard scene was insane. But yeah, the insert of the original OP was a bit weird.

Watching both the movies is definitely a ride, and a great experience for fans of the original. I think when recommending Madoka to a friend, I'd tell them to watch the first eight episodes then Movie 2.
Jul 24, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Just watched both movies in one sitting. Reminded me just how great this series was. Beautiful OST and animation. Homura is of course my favorite character. I'm really excited for the 3rd movie now!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 25, 2013 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
Loved it. This movie poured oil all of the raging fire I have for the Madoka series. 10/10
Jul 25, 2013 11:56 PM

Mar 2010
Wow, this was even more well done than the last half of the anime series. No pacing issues unlike the first movie.
Jul 26, 2013 12:18 AM
Aug 2010
absolutely fantastic. love every aspect of it. i think i cried on same on moment with the series
Jul 26, 2013 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
A lot of fine details as well as background art is redone in the movie. Comparing it scene by scene with the TV series would be a rewarding experience.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 26, 2013 1:28 AM

May 2013
This is how a recap should be done.
Fantastic movie. I really enjoyed it even though I have known the story
Must wait patiently for the third movie.
Jul 27, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
Such a shame that the first movie couldn't live up to the original series (due to cutting important scenes like the dream from the very first scene and Mami's wish, plus fucking up the already great OST and changing it, the only better aspect of it was the improved art).
This one however, not only lived up to the series, but improved on it.

The art was again gorgeous just like the 1st movie.
Fortunately they left the OST mostly as it was, and some of them was actually improved, so I didn't have a problem with that. The only scene where the OST shouldn't have been changed was when Homura almost lost hope (and the little Walpurgis scene before it), it was a very emotionally powerful song and now it's the same as the Homura vs Walpurgis fight :/
The voice acting also seemed to be somewhat better in both movies.
They didn't cut any important scenes as far as I remember, but rather they added new scenes like the graveyard scene (which was awesome btw) and the one after that, plus some minor ones here and there. I also really liked the countdown in the beginning and when it was going backward before Homura's past. The little flashing scenes (or whatever they were) between the time skips gave it a pretty mysterious feel.
The fight with witch-Sayaka and Kyouko's sacrifice was improved and was even more powerful than before.
Homura's fight with Walpurgisnacht was also improved, which was one of my favorite scenes from the scenes. Especially the beginning of it (now all the numbers are displayed during the countdown, plus Homura's transformation is great, and the OST wasn't changed fortunately).
The ending wasn't really changed, not even the bonus ending-thing which we still don't really know what it's supposed to mean. I guess it's an interpret-as-you-wish ending.

So all in all the 2nd movie gets the same score from me as the anime, a 9/10 (the first movie was an 8 for the reasons I mentioned both here and there). I still feel like that these two movies were kind of unnecessary as it didn't really change much apart from very few new short scenes and improved art. It was pretty much the same length as well. It was still good nevertheless.
As for the preview, I'm kind of hyped and not at the same time. I hope they don't screw it up. I wonder if it's an alternate world-sequel or if it's going to be canon.
Jul 27, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2009
I think that bit at the ending won't make sense till we see the third movie.

There must be a reason why they put the original OP (with redone scenes) in the movie. The lyrics are from Homura's perspective, so it's probably done to clear up this piece of information, if, by any chance, some people still hadn't caught onto that yet.

With all the retouched scenes, improved OST and voice acting (though, was it really re-recorded, or simply remastered?), I found this movie a slight bit better than the first. The only complaint I have regarding both movies is that Madoka's dream was never shown in the first movie, and that this aspect was glossed over for the rest of the entire 4 hours that both movies combined span. So yeah, it;'s recommended that one should watch the show as well, to get a slightly better picture of it all.

If I hadn't seen the series, I would probably give the combined two movies a 10/10, because I still enjoyed the heck out of them, even with the few flaws they had. However, I've seen the show and as impressive as the new scenes are, it's still a recap, and I find it pointless to truly rate those and thus, I don't.

The question now begs, can the third movie live up to its expectations, or will SHAFT have bitten off more than they can chew?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 4:09 PM

Sep 2009
RazielZero said:
Such a shame that the first movie couldn't live up to the original series (due to cutting important scenes like the dream from the very first scene and Mami's wish, plus fucking up the already great OST and changing it, the only better aspect of it was the improved art).
This one however, not only lived up to the series, but improved on it.

The art was again gorgeous just like the 1st movie.
Fortunately they left the OST mostly as it was, and some of them was actually improved, so I didn't have a problem with that. The only scene where the OST shouldn't have been changed was when Homura almost lost hope (and the little Walpurgis scene before it), it was a very emotionally powerful song and now it's the same as the Homura vs Walpurgis fight :/
The voice acting also seemed to be somewhat better in both movies.
They didn't cut any important scenes as far as I remember, but rather they added new scenes like the graveyard scene (which was awesome btw) and the one after that, plus some minor ones here and there. I also really liked the countdown in the beginning and when it was going backward before Homura's past. The little flashing scenes (or whatever they were) between the time skips gave it a pretty mysterious feel.
The fight with witch-Sayaka and Kyouko's sacrifice was improved and was even more powerful than before.
Homura's fight with Walpurgisnacht was also improved, which was one of my favorite scenes from the scenes. Especially the beginning of it (now all the numbers are displayed during the countdown, plus Homura's transformation is great, and the OST wasn't changed fortunately).
The ending wasn't really changed, not even the bonus ending-thing which we still don't really know what it's supposed to mean. I guess it's an interpret-as-you-wish ending.
I completely agree with you...especially about the music change when Homura almost lost hope. That was one of my favorite musical moments...I truly don't understand the reason for the change. All in all I enjoyed both movies...the only big complaints I have are about the OST changes primarily in the first movie.
Jul 28, 2013 5:38 PM

Jan 2012
Wow. I can't describe how i feel, even though i've watched the TV series before, this still got to me in many ways. Its really hard to find gems like these. I cried my eyes out in several scenes, totally giving this a 10/10. Even though its a recap, it still deserves it.
THE TRAILER FOR THE THIRD MOVIE.
SHAFT, PLEASE LET IT BE AMAZING. PLEASE.
Jul 31, 2013 4:02 PM

Nov 2010
The ending was about the same I remembered
I forgot how grant the impact surrounding it, involving an entire evolution and characters like Cleopatra, Jean D'arc and was Mulan even mentioned?

ClariS and Kalafina songs really supported these movies well even reused
Really curious about the 3rd part of the Trilogy
Are they going to bring back Madoka!?!
Aug 2, 2013 2:19 AM

Jul 2009
Choose the wrong thing in poll, but that's ok xD
Awesome movie! 1st was ok, I don't like Sayaka so watch her parts is always boring. But this one was full of Homura awesomeness, and Madoka awesomeness too! Looking forward to the next one!
Aug 5, 2013 2:31 AM

Sep 2012
Homura's redone transformation amazing despite it's length.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Aug 6, 2013 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Connect movie version, where are you. Ugh...
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Aug 10, 2013 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
"If someone tells me it's wrong to have hope, then I'll tell them they're wrong, every single time."

"You aren't just granting us hope. You're becoming hope, itself... the hope of us all."

"If you think you can do it, then you've just gotta do it!"

"Now I really don't have any regrets."

"I remember that. And I will never forget it. That is why... I will keep fighting."

Amazing. It's just as great as I found the corresponding TV episodes to be. Well worth the watch, and I will definitely watch it again in the future. I liked all the little changes to many scenes, it made me feel like I was watching something familiar yet different.

The extended scenes were also appreciated, like the graveyard scene where Homura was talking to Kyuubey, and the penultimate scene where the two of them were talking again, in the new universe.

Of course, I also liked how the voice audio wasn't something recycled but re-recorded for the movie - the lines voiced by the seiyuu sounded subtly different from my memory of the TV scenes. I didn't even expect to hear Connect in the movie, but I did and it hit the spot - though I loved hearing Luminous again as well. I admit I was a bit puzzled when Decretum started playing during Homura and Madoka's scene before she decides to make the fateful wish: Decretum was Sayaka's theme music.

The preview for the third movie is promising to be something to truly look forward to... to finally bring everything to a close, full circle. I have hope for it, and I believe in the people who created this story to be able to deliver.

--Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.

--As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why did Homura wish

Faylicia - Apr 18, 2014

8 by Faylicia »»
Sep 13, 2014 5:54 PM

» Dat poster

Electromistress - Sep 1, 2013

2 by Ddustz »»
Jan 19, 2014 1:12 AM

» Trailer

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

4 by YourHusbando »»
Oct 12, 2012 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.