Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Golden Time' To Be Animated (Confirmed to Air in Fall 2013)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 17, 2013 1:38 PM
Oct 2010
Your assumptions as to my comment are correct. We don't know who will animate it, so it's too early to judge.
Mar 17, 2013 1:57 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome news.
I was expecting them for a bit actually.

I'm not reading the novel, but the manga (which I'm reading) seems to be following it quite close, while being one of my favorites.

Hopefully it's going to get animated by J.C. Staff or Madhouse...
Mar 17, 2013 2:23 PM

Sep 2009
Why Madhouse? Such a stuff is more fitting for Feel or AIC
Mar 17, 2013 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
Seems good.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2013 4:16 PM

Sep 2012
Toradora Author and romance... Wait for me, yay!
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Mar 17, 2013 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
rpapo said:

(3) At least there's a translation on Baka-Tsuki - Only because I started working on it the minute the first volume was in my hands, a week after it was first published. A bit of a gamble on my part, though: translating something without any idea as to how good the story would be. The gamble was on the strength of Toradora, frankly. Everybody else had other things more immediately interesting for them to work on than something that was, essentially, an unknown quantity.

Thanks for your efforts to translate the light novel series. I for one have really appreciated it!!!

As to those that have said that it's a typical 'amnesia' storyline, well for me I think the novels have handled it really well and very much in a non-trope way.
Mar 17, 2013 7:55 PM
Jul 2008
Doesn't sound too interesting, but seeins as it's from the author of toradora I guess I'll check it out.
Mar 18, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
might watch this one
Mar 18, 2013 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
I'm in for some "decent-at-worst" romance.
Mar 18, 2013 8:19 PM
Feb 2012
BoaCC said:
For series like this, which is ambiguous and subtle, it's important to get a basis beforehand on whether the series will be worth watching by clicking on each of the main characters (especially the ladies) and see if these characters are hot.

I'm sold.

hahahah!!! same here
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Mar 18, 2013 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
Author of the Toradora LN does the LN for Golden Time? I'm in! :D
Mar 18, 2013 10:38 PM

Jul 2010
motrya said:
Oh, G-d!
Yet another love tingle show?
Why, G-d, why?

We already know how it ends, so why?

Really? You know how it ends? I have read all of the available translated light novel and I have no clue yet. I assume, based on the cover art, but I am not certain my choice is correct yet.

If you haven't read Takemiya's earlier light novel (or the manga version of it, which is what I read) Watashitachi no Tamura-kun, you may not appreciate how well a love triangle can be written in terms of it being entirely uncertain which of the girls is the hypotenuse.

In addition, Golden Time is not really a triangle, it is a polygon of some sort, perhaps a kite...

I absolutely love this story! I agree with the general consensus that the light novels are superior in mood and story-line. (In particular, the introduction of
takes far too long in the manga.

For the large number of tropes that the characters seem to be designed based on (Amnesia boy, delusional childhood fiancee, genki girl, etc...) the characters are actually very fresh and non-prototypical. I don't recall ever reading a story about an amnesiac who
Kouko is a fairly prototypical delusional childhood fiancee, except that

All in all, the story is well written and a load of fun at this point. I look forward to the anime greatly!
Mar 19, 2013 3:02 AM
Oct 2010
I only have seven pages left to translate in the second volume, and I've transcribed three of those, yet I still don't know how, exactly, the last word in the book connects to where the story is right this instant. It has been a bit of a roller coaster, to be sure.

That, and the publisher's teasers for each of the later volumes could lead one to believe that the roller coaster continues, sometimes quite violently.
Mar 19, 2013 3:33 AM

Sep 2012
rpapo said:
I only have seven pages left to translate in the second volume, and I've transcribed three of those, yet I still don't know how, exactly, the last word in the book connects to where the story is right this instant. It has been a bit of a roller coaster, to be sure.

That, and the publisher's teasers for each of the later volumes could lead one to believe that the roller coaster continues, sometimes quite violently.

I have five main volumes of Golden Time plus the Gaiden and Bangai volumes. Still reading them.
Mar 19, 2013 4:09 AM
Oct 2010
hpulley said:
I have five main volumes of Golden Time plus the Gaiden and Bangai volumes. Still reading them.

As do I, though I cannot say I have read them. My Japanese skills aren't up to casual reading yet. Translation is work. That's what I get for not having started studying the language until I was fifty years old.
Mar 19, 2013 4:37 AM

Sep 2012
rpapo said:
hpulley said:

As do I, though I cannot say I have read them. My Japanese skills aren't up to casual reading yet. Translation is work. That's what I get for not having started studying the language until I was fifty years old.

I started learning seriously seven years ago. I can finally read casually without a dictionary which is much more enjoyable than translation which is work as you say. Translation takes five to ten times as long but does enhance comprehension for sure. If you ever want to bounce ideas off me, just drop me a line. Should starts a novel discussion thread...
Mar 19, 2013 6:18 AM
Oct 2012
Was waiting for this !!
Hurray ! Banri !
Mar 19, 2013 7:04 AM

Jun 2010
Not surprised. Might give it a try.
May 7, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, just when I startet to read the manga some time ago I just thought: ''This definitely needs an animation.'' - My prayer and that of many other was heard! Can't wait for it.
Too lazy to actually write something. Wait.. I did. Damn
May 18, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
Read the light novel up to volume 3! At first I had my doubts but when I finished volume 2 it was the best! You guys will not be dissapointed in the story. Most likely the animation will be adapted the same way on how the LN is atm.
May 18, 2013 11:03 PM
May 2013
Sounds interesting, but which guy is the main character, the one with the lost memories? Or are they all main characters? On the plus side, not high school students? Yay!

Edit: Is it a seinen involving a love triangle between one girl and two guys? That's...unusual isn't it?
HahalollawlMay 18, 2013 11:06 PM
May 19, 2013 12:09 AM

Nov 2011
Hahalollawl said:
Sounds interesting, but which guy is the main character, the one with the lost memories?

I'm assuming that would be Banri Tada, with the lost memories. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this. I haven't read the LN yet so I'm not quite sure how this will be adapted. I have kept up with the manga though and been enjoying it.
Jun 6, 2013 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
To air this fall

Key Visual
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 6, 2013 8:23 AM

Feb 2009
Kouko looks so different from the LN. There's something wrong with the face and the body proportions.
And no studio announced yet? Judging from the art, I'd guess it'll either be JC Staff or Brain Base.
Jun 6, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
Also premiere this Fall so in a few months. Should be fun. I might give the LN a shot in the future and see how it compares.
Jun 6, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, that was quick. J.C Staff? I guess that's fine...
Jun 6, 2013 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
HauntingShock said:

Haven't been confirmed yet I think but might be.
Jun 6, 2013 8:50 PM
Jul 2012
Looks cool. The story seems good. Will plan to watch this.
Jun 6, 2013 9:55 PM
Oct 2012
Yosh. It's quite confusing. But still it's awesome
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Jun 7, 2013 1:48 AM

May 2013
Can't wait to watch this in the fall.
Jun 7, 2013 2:55 AM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
HauntingShock said:

Haven't been confirmed yet I think but might be.

Yeah, I know xD
I meant it's fine with me if JC picks this up... I think. :>
Jun 7, 2013 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
Knew it was going to be Fall.
The art does look really different.

The LN is decent so far although not much has been translated.
Will definitely watch this.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Jun 7, 2013 4:03 PM

Jan 2010
I read a little of the manga a short while back and really enjoyed it, so I'm happy to see it's getting an anime adaption. And since JC Staff did such a good job with Toradora, I have faith they'll do the same with Golden Time.

I especially hope it does well enough that they'll consider doing a Evergreen adaption as well sometime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2013 4:00 AM
Jan 2012
The site now works:
http://golden-time.jp/

Aug 2, 2013 8:07 PM
Jan 2013
this anime have PV ?

Aug 2, 2013 8:49 PM

Jul 2011
Seems interesting to me. Especially if it's by the same person who did Toradora.
Aug 5, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2012
Confirmed JC STAFF will animate this show.

Staff:

Director: Kon Chiaki
Series Composition: Shimo Fumihiko
Character Design: Hasekawa Shinya
Production: GENCO

Cast:
Kaga Kouko: Horie Yui
Tada Banri: Furukawa Makoto
Hayashida Nana: Kayano Ai
Yanagisawa Mitsuo: Ishikawa Kaito
Oka Chinami: Kido Ibuki
Nijigen-kun: Hikami Takahiro
Nana senpai: Satoh Satomi

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 6, 2013 2:44 AM

Jul 2007
Welp, JC STAFF....time to avoid like hell, even though I already had doubts on watching this due to plot synopsis that sounded quite sexist.
Aug 6, 2013 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
^ Its the better staff of the studio, director of Sakurasou higurashi and the script writer wrote the scripts for Clannad After Story and Kokoro Connect.
Not sakurasou my bad. They looked the same.
egnaro15Aug 6, 2013 3:32 AM
Aug 6, 2013 3:48 AM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
I already had doubts on watching this due to plot synopsis that sounded quite sexist.

Well, you can blame that (if you insist on blaming somebody) on Japanese society, which is quite sexist and male dominated, more so than the USA. In case you didn't know already, the author is a woman in her thirties. So if it comes out sexist it's either because she's so surrounded by it that its natural, or because she thinks she has to write that way for something to sell, or because she's deliberately exaggerating it as a form of social commentary . . . though I've seen absolutely no sign of that last in her writing.

FWIW, Kouko's characteristics are what they are for the sake of the story, and I think that Linda is more what the author would consider 'normal'.

As for the quality (or lack thereof) of the upcoming anime . . . I will judge it after its over, not before even the first episode has aired.
rpapoAug 6, 2013 4:39 AM
Aug 6, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
Loved Kokoro Connect, Sakurasou, et al, and the books so looking forward to this!
Aug 9, 2013 7:03 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 9, 2013 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
Looks good. So the PV is out? Waiting.
Aug 9, 2013 7:11 PM

Nov 2011
HauntingShock said:
Looks good. So the PV is out? Waiting.

It's out on the official site.
http://golden-time.jp/ (click on PV)

Stark700Aug 9, 2013 7:47 PM
Aug 9, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
1st PV

Aug 9, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2008
The ladies aren't to my taste, I'll respectfully pass on this.

Aug 10, 2013 5:52 AM

Sep 2012
The PV looks a bit more appealing than the key visual released earlier.

Kayano Ai and Kido Ibuki are really popular these days...

Aug 12, 2013 10:07 AM

Aug 2010
symbv said:
The PV looks a bit more appealing than the key visual released earlier.
It really does. Pleasantly so I might say.

So, J.C. Staff confirmed. Very interesting (and expected?). Getting some high expectations over it now (that previous image turned me off to be honest...).
Aug 14, 2013 1:05 AM
Jun 2013
Just jumped onto this series by reading a volume of the light novel myself.

It's a nice change to see one that's not based in a high school setting. Looking forward to the anime adaptation as the novel seems promising so far.
Aug 14, 2013 2:04 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 11 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
8 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.