Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 24, 2013 3:06 PM

Oct 2011
I chose Mis. Spider woman Jolyne Kujo, she had gone through alot of things that and because of the Johnny Depp joke. I really like your topics YorozuyaGinSan I hardly remember names of my friends so I kind suck at remembering the names but I do remember faces so I had to google any character's name you write in these topics.

Thanks for all the efforts you put in all these topics, I just spend an hour writing in all the topics and you made me remember how EPIC mangas JOJO are.
Jun 15, 2013 2:51 AM

Jun 2012
Zomsuke said:
Jo2uke>Johnny>Joseph>Jolyne>Giorno>Josuke>Jonathan>Jotaro

So you voted for Johnny? Well I guess Gappy is sort of a lost cause with his current votes or lack thereof. Maybe when part 8 reaches it's climax...

ZanZus said:
I chose Mis. Spider woman Jolyne Kujo, she had gone through alot of things that and because of the Johnny Depp joke. I really like your topics YorozuyaGinSan I hardly remember names of my friends so I kind suck at remembering the names but I do remember faces so I had to google any character's name you write in these topics.

Thanks for all the efforts you put in all these topics, I just spend an hour writing in all the topics and you made me remember how EPIC mangas JOJO are.

I sorta started making these on a whim, as chapter discussions are no fun for me, but now it's easily my favorite thing to do on these forums.
Jun 23, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
I love Joseph/Johnny/Giorno equally. But if i really have to choose someone ... I'd choose Johnny then.

So, Johnny > Joseph > Giorno > Jo2uke > Josuke > Jotaro > Jonathan.
Jul 14, 2013 1:30 PM

May 2012
Johnny, without even thinking about it.

Johnny > Giorno > Josuke > Joseph > Jolyne > Jotaro > Jonathan
Jul 16, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
Josuke>Joseph=Johnny>Jolyne>Jonathan=Jotaro>Giorno

no part 8 josuke because i /just/ started jojolion
Apr 5, 2015 8:58 PM

Oct 2010
Joseph > Jo8uke > Jolyne = Josuke > Jotaro > Johnny > Giorno > Jonathan
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2015 5:52 AM

May 2015
Mine would be: Jolyne>Johnny>Giorno=Jotaro>Josuke>Joseph>Jonathan
And I didn't include Gappy because it's not finished yet

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Jul 15, 2015 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
My list go like this
1. Joseph
2. Jotaro
3.. Jonathon
4. Jolyne
5. Giogio
6. Josuke

Not to say I didn't enjoy them all but that's the order I enjoyed their character personality and character arcs in.

When I think about it I'm not even sure Joseph would be my fav if David pro didn't do such a good job adapting part 2 and if Joseph wasn't voiced by the awesome VA of sakata gintoki. It just fit him so well. Also that OP.

I've only watched anime for parts 1-3 and read manga for parts 4-6 so I'm not sure if Jonathan n Joseph would b so high if I just read manga but hey they are.

Jotaro is just classic. And I really enjoyed his daughter Jolyne and part 6 over all.

Giorgio is awesome and it's hard to put him at #5 but I just felt something was missing about him maybe needed some more char development? But part 5 was fun and his battle against diavolo and green day was awesome. Also dat gold experience requiem pose and 6 page muda muda muda muda wryyyyyy barrage -.-

Josuke is cool and all and has some hilarious lines (ah I feel refreshed. Like I just put on fresh underwear on New Year's Day). But he's def toward the bottom for me personality wise and character design wise (I agree w those who insult his hair). His highlights were his dice game vs Rohan and the highway star arc and of course the yoshikage Kira final battle.

Overall I've enjoyed the series overall and looking forward to parts 7 and 8 a lot.
removed-userJul 15, 2015 3:57 AM
Aug 24, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Joseph Joestar!
Aug 25, 2015 5:18 AM

Feb 2015
1.Joseph
2.Johnny
3.Josuke
4.Jotaro
5.Giorno
6.Josuke(jojolion)
7.Jonathan
9.Jolyne
Apr 19, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
Josuke > Johnny=Jolyne > Joseph > Jotaro > Jonathan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giorno

Gappy is so far great, I'll add him to my list once his part has concluded.
Apr 22, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
Joseph > Johnny > Gappy > Josuke > Jotaro > Jolyne > Jonathan > GioGio
SzJApr 26, 2016 2:52 PM
your waifu is shit
May 4, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Josuke > Jolyne > Johnny > Jotaro > Josuke (VIII) > Joseph = Jonathan > Giorno
May 8, 2016 5:07 PM

May 2014
Joseph without a doubt...I think he was the only reason I made it through the first season...I only enjoyed JoJo when he was the protagonist.
Joseph is THE JoJo in my eyes.

Josuke looks promising though, so we'll see.
I had an immediate dislike of Jotaro- I can't believe he's as popular as he is. I guess I've never been a fan of the strong, silent brooders, also I really wasn't comfortable with how casually he called his mother a bitch...was it meant to be funny? Does he ever stop doing it? I didn't stick around to find out.
Strawberrycake48May 8, 2016 5:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2016 11:12 PM

Nov 2014
Jotaro>Jolyne>Joseph>Johnny>Josuke>Giorno>Gappy>Jonathan
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 9, 2016 4:12 AM
Oct 2016
Johnny>Josuke>Jolyne>Gappy>Joseph>Giorno>Jotaro>Jonathan

Gappy could go higher when part8 ends
Oct 15, 2016 3:01 PM
Sep 2013
Voted for Jolyne, my favorite character in all JoJo. But Johnny isn't far from her, I have to say (Steel Ball Run is my fav part by far).

For an order, I thind it would be like that :

1/ Jolyne
2/ Johnny
3/ Jotaro
4/ Joseph
5/ Josuke
6/ Jonathan
7/ Giorno

But I like'em all, in truth, even Giorno.

(didn't read yet JoJolion)
Oct 15, 2016 5:46 PM
Oct 2016
Jorge is the best jojo
Oct 22, 2016 2:21 PM

Dec 2013
Josuke (P4 best Part btw) > Jo2uke > Giorno
JoJo is life!! You should know that.
Jan 2, 2017 5:43 PM

Feb 2009
Joseph > Giorno > Josuke (Part 8) > Josuke (Part 4) > Jotaro > Johnny > Jolyne > Jonathan
Jan 2, 2017 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
Joseph and Giorno for me.

I like boys with a lot of personality.

Jan 4, 2017 8:09 PM

Jun 2015
Jotaro>Jolyne>Jo2uke>Giorno>Johnny>Josuke>Joseph>Jonathan
Jan 6, 2017 3:38 PM
Nov 2016
Josuke, Jolyne, Johnny, Josuke, Giorno, Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro.

I'm not telling which Josuke.
Jan 6, 2017 3:47 PM

Jun 2012
uchigin said:
Jorge is the best jojo
I ought to have included him.
Jan 29, 2017 12:39 AM
Sep 2016
Haven't got to part 7 yet but:
Jolyne>Joseph>>Josuke>Jotaro>Giorno>Jonathan
Jolyne is fucking hardcore and really well characterized. Joseph is hilarious and really fun to watch.
Jan 29, 2017 8:21 AM
Jan 2017
Giorno and johnny are the best in my opinion, and also young joseph
Jan 29, 2017 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, I never expected Joseph Joestar to break the poll. Anyways, here's my overall consensus. I don't exactly have a favorite JoJo, but my top 3 tend to be Jotaro, Johnny, and Josuke. I will explain my reasons why:

1. Jotaro Kujo, Johnny Joestar, & Josuke Higashikata

Jotaro Kujo is an odd choice. Normally, you wouldn't find him to be a decent protagonist, considering how he spent most of Part 3 being a delinquent and saying cool stuff like Columbo and Clint Eastwood would. However, as we progress in the later 3 parts, we see his dedication to protecting those he loves most, even to the extent of redeeming himself by being a father figure for Jolyne Cujoh. At the beginning of Part IV (yeah I know I jumped a bit, sorry), we see him lecturing Josuke on using his stand for good and the overall prospect of Part IV's theme, which is taking responsibility and participating with those you care about the most.

Johnny Joestar is also good because of how he develops overtime (pun somewhat intended). At first, we see him as being an arrogant and cocky kid, with his indigenous love for racing and his pride in being a selfish prick. However, after he is paralyzed from the waist down and falls under the tutelage of the Naples executioner, Gyro Zeppeli, we see him grow as a person who contemplates the true importance of winning and segregate his father's philosophy of winning as being number one.

Josuke Higashikata's dedication to protecting Morioh-Cho is one of the quintessential examples of being a true hero. Overtime, we learn that he takes his pride seriously, as seen in flashbacks of his hair origin and eventually his dedication to get the job done. He is also very funny, which is why I enjoy seeing him interact with and or fight other characters.

4. Joseph Joestar, despite being the quintessential JoJo with his hilarious asspulls in Part 2, falls short because he was reduced to puns such as "OH MY GOD" and "HORY SHEET." While this isn't a bad thing, it is a shame to see his potential squandered after being the insane badass that shot Tommy Guns in the streets and sent Gods to space to just the guy who wounds up being taken advantage of by almost everyone he fights. At least his fight with Daniel J. D'arby was pretty cool with the lesson on surface tension.

5. Jolyne comes up in 5th place. While her overall badass attitude is what makes the 6th part shine, she just seems boring to me.

6. Giorno, Jonathan, and Josuke (Gappy) are also boring as shit.
Jan 29, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2016
Josuke>Joseph>Jonathan>Jolyne=Gappy>Johnny>Jotaro=Giorno
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Feb 16, 2017 3:32 AM
Apr 2016
My current order:
Gappy>Johnny>Jolyne>Joseph>Giorno>Josuke>Jotaro>Jonathan

Gappy: He really is a... bizzarre character. Not only is his backstorymthe single most interesting in the entire series, but his character, niches, quirks and (imo) appearance put him above the rest. I'm confident he'll only improve with time. S&W is also boss.

Johnny: Watching him grow was one of my favourite parts of SBR. He goes from a neglected and tortured child, to an arrogant and haunted teen, to a depressed, disabled person to someone who could stand on his own feet. His story is beautiful.

Jolyne: she's Joseph and Jotaro. She also has a good character development arc.

Joseph: I don't even need to explain. He's only this low because of stiff competition.

Giorno: Pure JoJo fan service. He really is Dio if Dio were a good guy, and GE is a badass stand. We needed to see more of him, though.

Josuke: The insane hype for part 4 is what ruined it for me. He's like jotaro and Jonathan, but other jojo's outshine him.

Jotaro: he's stoic and placed his loved ones' lives before his own. Badass character, too,

Jonathan: Mary Sue.
Feb 17, 2017 4:14 PM
Nov 2016
Al-John-Davids said:
My current order:

Gappy: He really is a... bizzarre character. Not only is his backstorymthe single most interesting in the entire series, but his character, niches, quirks and (imo) appearance put him above the rest. I'm confident he'll only improve with time. S&W is also boss.

Johnny: Watching him grow was one of my favourite parts of SBR. He goes from a neglected and tortured child, to an arrogant and haunted teen, to a depressed, disabled person to someone who could stand on his own feet. His story is beautiful.

Joseph: I don't even need to explain. He's only this low because of stiff competition.

Giorno: Pure JoJo fan service. He really is Dio if Dio were a good guy, and GE is a badass stand. We needed to see more of him, though.

Josuke: The insane hype for part 4 is what ruined it for me. He's like jotaro and Jonathan, but other jojo's outshine him.

Jotaro: he's stoic and placed his loved ones' lives before his own. Badass character, too,

Are you using Mary Sue as in nothing bad ever happens to him and the plot bends over backwards to ensure everything goes right for him, or in the sense that you don't like the character?
Feb 18, 2017 12:00 AM
Apr 2016
Volthoom said:
Al-John-Davids said:
My current order:

Are you using Mary Sue as in nothing bad ever happens to him and the plot bends over backwards to ensure everything goes right for him, or in the sense that you don't like the character?

Both, but the former to a lesser extent. Bad things happened to him, sure, but he never seemed to have any flaws. He just seems to be perfect, which is what makes me like him less. I did like the idea, but he ended up becoming a typical do-gooder.
Feb 18, 2017 4:31 AM
Nov 2016
Al-John-Davids said:
Volthoom said:

Both, but the former to a lesser extent. Bad things happened to him, sure, but he never seemed to have any flaws. He just seems to be perfect, which is what makes me like him less. I did like the idea, but he ended up becoming a typical do-gooder.
Which is something Araki regretted, and why he tends to make the JoJo after him be as different from him as possible. Then with Part 7 he went back to Jonathan(or in this case Johnny) and made him more interesting.
Mar 31, 2021 1:11 AM

Aug 2017
My boi Johnny Joestar is my favorite Jojo.

That man had been through a lot during his SBR race.

Out of all the JOJOs, he's the most generic. He's not powerful physically at all. Having being crippled with his legs.

But despite all that, his dark determination is absolutely ruthless.
He will kill if necessary to achieve his goals.

And his stand Tusk Act IV is very powerful when used properly.

Don't mess with the tusk.

Apr 23, 2021 7:18 AM
Mar 2015
Joseph>Josuke>Johnny>Jolyne>Gappy>Jotaro>Giorno>Jonathan
Apr 23, 2021 9:22 AM
May 2017
#1 is Jolyne. she's great and i love how she matures throughout the story.
#2 Joseph is just a fun character. Love him.
#3 is Jo8ske. He's personality isn't as interesting as his origins and how he came to be. The way the mystery of his identity works alongside the more mystery-driven nature of Jojolion work perfectly in tandem.

Rest are all good, too. My least favorite is Johnny. I hate the beanie and he's also a huge downer lol.
Apr 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2020
It's bewtween Johnny Joestar, Joseph, Josuke part 4 or Jotaro. I like them all

Apr 23, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2019
for me joseph is the most entertaining but johnny has the best written character of them all
Jun 1, 2021 9:28 PM

Sep 2020
Jotaro and young joseph will forever will be my choice
Jun 1, 2021 10:41 PM

Sep 2020
Young joseph and jotaro

joseph is the reason why i give s1 an 8 while my friends a 6 just for the sake of phantom blood,YES,PHANTOM BLOOD,JUST BECAUSE THE INTRODUCTION

Jotaro is mainly root of jojo series he have stands and make jojo more enjoyable
Jun 2, 2021 4:06 AM
Oct 2020
Jotaro, Giorno, Johnny.
The whole "no personality" thing was just made up by people who like jokey MC, they don't like quiet and intelligent people, so they try to force everyone to accept quiet and intelligent characters should get hate, because they can't relate to them, it's incredibly self absorbed and obnoxious. I almost always hate jokey MC because of fans like that. Yeah I hate Joseph too. Fans of flamboyant characters often don't get this, they think everyone likes these cheesy and over the top characters who're loud and jokey, but if you've seen them enough in shonen, they feel cliche and tired. In part 2, it's just joseph, joseph and more joseph, and 2/3 through part 2, it started to be tiring.
Jun 2, 2021 7:59 AM

May 2016
Joseph>Jolyne>Johnny>Josuke (Part 4)>Jotaro>Josuke (Part 8)>Giorno>Johnathan

I'm still not up to date with part 8 so it can change...

Jul 4, 2021 2:32 AM
May 2020
Jotaro and it's not even a competition.

Jotaro > Gappy > Giorno > Jolyne > Johnny > Joseph > Jonathan > Josuke
Jul 1, 2022 1:31 PM

Sep 2020
a very hard choice for me to choose between joseph and johnny but i have to place them both at #1 so 1-johnny/joseph 2-jolyne 3-gappy
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.