Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2013 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, those girls looks cute during their childhoods :3

I think the song that Chieri was singing this episode is also cute, although seemed to be a bit sad. So much pressure on her with all the stuff going on around recently..

I still think she has a great voice though. I really feel sorry for her Father though at the end there. Damn.
Mar 16, 2013 11:03 AM
Jul 2012
Best episode.
all of my FEELS for this ep and Chieri

and holy s**t no one saw that coming ;_;
Mar 16, 2013 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
A possible musical demise for Chieri's father, didn't expect that. I'm not even sure he deserved that kind of death, it seemed too painful for all intents and purposes.

Mar 16, 2013 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my gawd...Never expect that ending either.

He got sniped!

And damn...Cheri's song is beautiful.
Mar 16, 2013 11:33 AM
Feb 2013
I won't lie, I cheered when cheri's father died. I hated him for using Akb0048.
While I feel sad for Cheri I am happy he died. wow I sound heartless... but I stand by my opinion.

Cant wait for subs... >.>
Mar 16, 2013 11:48 AM
Jul 2009
Kaylacat said:
I won't lie, I cheered when cheri's father died. I hated him for using Akb0048.
While I feel sad for Cheri I am happy he died. wow I sound heartless...

I think Chieri told Nagisa that her father changed after her mother and brother died, so I think there's more to the guy than just being evil for the sake of being evil. Something happened in the past that made him change, and he became obsessed with the radiance of the Center Nova because of that.

Of course, he did a lot horrible shit, I'm not denying that, but I think he deserved a chance to redeem himself. Just my two cents.
1idd0kunMar 16, 2013 2:13 PM
Mar 16, 2013 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
omg that was a bullet, wasnt it?
first i thought that chieri'singing was so strong at point to break all that stuff, only after i realized that he was murdered...

he died for real? ._.

omg this director is so troll... telling us that chieri' father is not as bad as he seems and after killing him ._.
sigh..
Mar 16, 2013 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
Kaylacat said:
... but I think he deserved a chance to redeem himself. Just my two cents.

He was the man who spoke with people through video... maybe he did some video to chieri before die.

Erhm...

Thinking about it... Its kinda impossible nagisa's father being the murderer, isnt it? ._.
sigh..
Mar 16, 2013 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
Well, it was all cute to see some flashback of childhoods and the song Chieri sing is really nice.
What I didn't expect that her father would die this soon.

Pff, even thought what he has done, he don't deserve to die.
Well, this show sure turn kind of dark now.
It was kind of painful to watch

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 16, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2011
WTH.
this episode was really slow, however it was nice to see the cute little versions of the girls. specially chieri. she was so cute!

And wow, i really didn't see that coming. Her dad getting shot?! why in the world, why?? what the hell is going on now??

well 2 eps and i don't know what to expect anymore.
Mar 16, 2013 7:36 PM
Mar 2012
Insert song
Hoshi no Mukougawa

Wow that ending tho :O

LMAO @ the alpaca/Mayuyu references.

Mayuyu's room is practically fill with alpaca plushies.

akbfanMar 16, 2013 7:50 PM
Mar 16, 2013 7:46 PM

May 2012
Omg I think this was like the first time I've actually seen a blood and gory death in this entire anime. Seemed so random and way out there, totally didn't see it coming at all.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 16, 2013 8:01 PM

Feb 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
WTH.
this episode was really slow, however it was nice to see the cute little versions of the girls. specially chieri. she was so cute!

And wow, i really didn't see that coming. Her dad getting shot?! why in the world, why?? what the hell is going on now??

well 2 eps and i don't know what to expect anymore.

3rd season?
Mar 16, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2009
I have no idea who the villain of this series is anymore.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 16, 2013 8:27 PM
Mar 2012
arsonal said:

DES?
Mar 16, 2013 8:35 PM
Jul 2012
^
what's the difference between DES, DGTO and Zodiac tho?
I thought they're on the same side no?
Mar 16, 2013 8:42 PM
Jul 2009
plexus said:
^
what's the difference between DES, DGTO and Zodiac tho?
I thought they're on the same side no?

DGTO is the galactic government enforcing the entertainment ban. DES is their army of enforcers. Zodiac is the biggest weapon manufacturer in the Galaxy, and DGTO's main provider.

And yeah, they're all on the same side. It just so happen that Chieri's dad had different plans of his own, or so it seems.
Mar 16, 2013 9:16 PM
Jun 2008
Cheiri's dad wanted the power for himself possibly DES found out and had him killed remember that he read Nagisa's dads report on entertainments fundamentals DES wants to monopolize the duliam and kirara drive this is my assumption
Mar 16, 2013 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
I'm so confused to what is going to happen now, but with 2 eps left I imagine that they will that the AKB planet back and then a new Acchan will be chosen. Afterwards we will likely be left with a cliffhanger till another season or a movie later this year or next year. Which I like to see happen rather than nothing happening at all and everything ending with just the planet taken back and a Acchan.
Mar 16, 2013 9:48 PM
Feb 2013
i want season 3 !!!!!
that gun shot was so unexpected!

he's the ceo of zodiac, right?
i thought he would have some bullet proof glass or something like that.

i feel so bad for chierri! T.T
i hope people won't suspect chierri to kill his own father
kadmalftMar 16, 2013 9:54 PM
Mar 16, 2013 10:04 PM

Feb 2008
Does everyone forgot that this is Next Stage?

There probably will be another season call Final Stage or something like that.

Well we did saw Nagisa & Cherry returning back to Ship.

I don't know how the story plot will be, Chieri mother died and the brother now they want to kill the whole family.
I can't wait to see the next preview, kind of sucks they only release the preview every friday and actually release it the next day.

Yeah I haven't seen any gory, the previous season was more lighter than this all of sudden it become dark.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 16, 2013 10:12 PM

Jun 2011
Well, that's the end of the mystery of Chieri's father: Wants to use the power of Kirara to jump through time and space.
Right after the mystery is explain, gone, not needed anymore(?) :/

No doubt that Chieri has the potential of Center Nova now. Not so sure about Nagisa, although she seem pretty determine in the last 2 episodes.

As for the last 2 episode, I think it will be (my predictions):
1) Space fold to Akibastar.
2) Either Chieri or Nagisa will have the power to activate mineral.
3) Take back Akibastar.
4) Create another space fold with the power of Center Nova to find the other Center Novas.

Two questions remain:
1) Who killed Cheiri's father?
2) Who is Sensei Sensei?

About Last Stage (3rd season), I think that if they solve all the mystery, there won't be another season. Like in the first season, it was pretty obvious that the disappearance of Center Nova was unsolved. But if there is no loss end in 2nd season, I don't think they have a 3rd season planned.
ShihMar 16, 2013 10:15 PM
Mar 16, 2013 10:50 PM

Feb 2012
Well that was unexpected... O_O
Mar 16, 2013 11:01 PM

Apr 2009
Is anyone else kinda worried about that it's on episode 11 and so much is happening? I'm not sure if everything is going to be answered like the Center Nova's and who will become the newest one because so much is happening.

On the other hand that ending was just crazy.
Mar 16, 2013 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
I rarely ever post but even I feel compelled to go "...what just happened?"

With a twist like that I haven't the slightest as to what comes next.
Mar 17, 2013 12:03 AM

Aug 2011
omg i'm so going to hell. literally JUST before the big ending, I said out loud, "Oh my god dude, you seriously need to be shot!!!" and then BANG! I was so surprised and shocked that i burst out laughing, thinking "holy crap, what the hell?! did that really just happen?!"
Mar 17, 2013 12:36 AM

Aug 2010
Okay, just when I thought I figured things out, he got shot.

I thought he might try to use the center nova's radiance to somehow get his family back (in an insane Precia Testarossa-esque plan)

Now we are at an impasse - we need another "big bad". Having a clear cut antagonist is essential. The baddy needs to have a face, else you don't know where the fist goes =/
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 17, 2013 12:42 AM
Nov 2012
YOOOOOOO

I wonder who shot him?
Mar 17, 2013 1:47 AM

Sep 2012
I laughed out loud when Chieri's father ended his conversation with Nagisa's father with the word "Korekara Wonderland" (Wonderland from now on) because it is precisely the name of one AKB song. I remember last time he also used "Aitakkatta" (I want to see you) when he beamed a message to Chieri, right? This guy really knows AKB's songs inside out LOL

The short PV of the actual song of Korekara Wonderland
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 17, 2013 1:50 AM

Aug 2010
^ he's a closet wota for sure

or rather, he was =/
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 17, 2013 1:52 AM

Jan 2013
Shih said:
Well, that's the end of the mystery of Chieri's father: Wants to use the power of Kirara to jump through time and space.
Right after the mystery is explain, gone, not needed anymore(?) :/

No doubt that Chieri has the potential of Center Nova now. Not so sure about Nagisa, although she seem pretty determine in the last 2 episodes.

As for the last 2 episode, I think it will be (my predictions):
1) Space fold to Akibastar.
2) Either Chieri or Nagisa will have the power to activate mineral.
3) Take back Akibastar.
4) Create another space fold with the power of Center Nova to find the other Center Novas.

Two questions remain:
1) Who killed Cheiri's father?
2) Who is Sensei Sensei?

About Last Stage (3rd season), I think that if they solve all the mystery, there won't be another season. Like in the first season, it was pretty obvious that the disappearance of Center Nova was unsolved. But if there is no loss end in 2nd season, I don't think they have a 3rd season planned.

For them to finish up in 2 episodes, a lot needs to happen, and since the last two episodes are going sooo slow, they might be pacing for a season finale to get ready for a 3rd. (just stating a possibility) They do still have to deal with the entertainment ban. That's one thing that can be addressed in a S3.

As for the episode itself. Right at the end, I'm thinking, "wow, two episodes straight of almost nothing happening" then bam, he gets shot. I'm just, "okay then, something happened finally..." After that event happening, I'm hoping for a S3 but expecting it to end with just S2.

Mar 17, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
akbfan said:
Insert song
Hoshi no Mukougawa

Again the choice of the song is perfect as the lyrics is about a person who got separated from another person, grew up a lot, and came back to meet the other person again and confirmed her feeling towards that person has not changed after all.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 17, 2013 3:45 AM

Sep 2012
What the hell... A sniper.

A feakin' Sniper in AKB0048 ? I don't know what to believe anymore. I didn't expect such a sadistic scene here.
Mar 17, 2013 6:26 AM

Oct 2007
I literally screamed WHAT THE FUCK at the end. Seriously, I never expected that and just when there appeared some hope for Chieri and her dad to reconcile... Great episode, I can't believe it's ending in two weeks, I want much more.
Mar 17, 2013 9:40 AM

Aug 2011
I know who took the shot.

It was....

Seriously didn't expect shit like that to go down.
Mar 17, 2013 10:34 AM
Dec 2012
Sun-Sun said:
I rarely ever post but even I feel compelled to go "...what just happened?"

With a twist like that I haven't the slightest as to what comes next.
True dat.
Mar 17, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2009
Lol. I didn't expected what happened in the ending. 2 more episodes left and they're still focusing on Chieri.. i think the director of this show is very biased!
Focus on Nagisa more you bitches! 2 more episodes left.. ><

But, just like I said before, maybe Chieri is going to be the Center Nova because of the ending in Episode 3.. Here:

Nagisa is holding Chieri's Kirara..
Mar 17, 2013 12:22 PM
Mar 2012
symbv said:
I laughed out loud when Chieri's father ended his conversation with Nagisa's father with the word "Korekara Wonderland" (Wonderland from now on) because it is precisely the name of one AKB song. I remember last time he also used "Aitakkatta" (I want to see you) when he beamed a message to Chieri, right? This guy really knows AKB's songs inside out LOL

The short PV of the actual song of Korekara Wonderland

Tell ya~ he's a Team K oshi

Mar 17, 2013 1:18 PM

Oct 2012
Awww. i really wanted Cheri to meet with her father and get reunited again - sad ending :(

Mar 17, 2013 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
ow fuck.. didn't see that coming.. now i love this troll director...
so much surprise in this ep...

and this is an episode dedicated to my oshi,mayuyu .. really love her singing voice..

so. what will happen to last 2 episode... i think with current pace, the last 2 episode will only going to take back akibastar and birth of 2 center novae (nagisa and chieri) lol, i really hope this.
then many problem will unsolved, like center novae that disappear, entertainment ban..
so i hope for season 3.. if they choose to not make final stage and go to rushed ending. i will rage...

on another note, if season 3 is really planned, what will happen to sonata, linda and orine? (their seiyuu is graduated...)
hudangMar 17, 2013 2:00 PM

Mar 17, 2013 1:55 PM

Jun 2011
Great episode, cant wait for the next one.
Mar 17, 2013 3:56 PM
Mar 2010
So I have no idea how this is gonna wrap up in 2 more episodes... they better announce a stage 3 or I think I'll explode. Cause there's still SO many questions and dangling plot pieces!

I'm cool with him dying... cause I had a bad feeling that even after all that he was gonna end up using her cause he only sees power. Forensically, it's impossible for them to think Chieri did it. The bullet came from outside and there is footage and witnesses of her inside at the time. I think the horrible thing will be her wondering if one of 0048 did it possibly. A lone sniper in a mech could sneak through where an army can't sometimes. But a man of his power certainly had other enemies too. I'm also greatly surprised the glass wasn't bulletproof. Or the building sheilded.

Anyway... I want more NAO!!!! x_x
Mar 17, 2013 6:09 PM
Feb 2013
arsonal said:

i gave up on trying to solve that when miichan got tricked into the center nova thing ._.
Mar 17, 2013 6:16 PM
Feb 2013
ASDFGHJKLMYFEELS ;-;

its just so.. omg...

somehow it reminds me of lucy and her dad because her dad died too ;-;

but this is even sadder because HE DIED WHEN CHIERI WAS ACTUALLY SINGING FOR HIM!!!!!!

OAO MY FEEELLLLLSSSSS

idk if he was actually getting the message, growing crazier, or trying to catch the light from chieri, but--

AAARRGGHH THIS ANIME HAS MESSED UP MY FEELS ;-; I NEED A SEASON THREE!! Y U HAVE NO SEASON THREE?!

although, maybe her feelings DID reach his dad. what if it did? omg i'm gonna feel so bad for him ._. but now i feel bad for chieri, crying on nagisa's lap (it's like de-ja-vu with kanata's lap)

but still, seing little chieri bounce happily and listening to akb songs made me smile :3 it was adorable... and i think chieri is the cutest as a child.

about forgiving chieri's dad, idk about that. when chieri's dad started spouting nonsense about chieri being the center nova and how it will help him out in the first episode, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE ._.

i"m like, who's the antagonist anyway?! -.-

so i gave up on trying to solve it.

T.T next episode, you better come quick or i'll... idk.
Mar 17, 2013 6:19 PM
Feb 2013
although to be honest at first i thought chieri's dad turned completely insane and bumped his head to the wall .-.
Mar 18, 2013 1:32 AM

May 2011
Now this is what I call ambitious!
Mar 18, 2013 8:42 AM

Apr 2011
Chieri's song is so beautiful. I could listen this while asleep and have happy
and beautiful dreams. lol

Nagisa stayed on the sidelines again... >_<
MagitoMar 18, 2013 8:47 AM
Mar 18, 2013 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
This was sick, amazing episode.
I didn't expect her father to just die like that, I really want to know who shot him.
First Nagisa's father talked about him walking a path himself so I really thought they Chieri and her father could make up or something.
I can't wait for more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 18, 2013 1:53 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, that ending came out of nowhere, I hope the father's death isn't a simple plot device and we will learn who the hell shot him.
Mar 18, 2013 2:27 PM

Feb 2012
I'm indifferent to the end. Sucks for Chieri, but her dad had it coming to him. Curious as to who shot him though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

156 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

79 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 7:18 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

83 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

93 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.