Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2008 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very good ending for a fantastic comedy. I laughed a lot along this series and became one of my favorites comedies with Golden Boy. I have a new favorite character too. Yes, he's Kid.

8/10.
Apr 10, 2009 6:51 AM

Aug 2007
It was a good ending, I highly enjoy this anime too. It made me feel hungry time to time though. lol

8/10
Apr 15, 2009 7:50 AM
Feb 2009
A very enjoyable anime. It's hard to walk into a baker's now and not think about what Azuma Kazuma might have done with it ;-)

Considering the theme of the anime, I think the amount of episodes is a bit too much, but among them there were a few I just couldn't stop laughing.
Jul 15, 2009 11:44 PM

Oct 2007
i loved this anime.
9/10
Oct 24, 2009 4:23 PM
Jan 2009
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I found the ending to be horribly rushed and quite lacking. We don't even get to see the real reason behind Kirisaki becoming evil! I haven't read it yet, but I believe the manga has a more satisfying conclusion.

I really loved the first half or so of Yakitate Japan the anime, up until they travel to Monaco. Character development actually existed to an extent before Monaco and things moved at a good, brisk pace. Then things all of a sudden turned one-dimensional and slow... leading up to the unsatisfying and rushed ending.
Nov 7, 2009 8:53 AM

May 2009
LobsterSan said:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I found the ending to be horribly rushed and quite lacking. We don't even get to see the real reason behind Kirisaki becoming evil! I haven't read it yet, but I believe the manga has a more satisfying conclusion.

I really loved the first half or so of Yakitate Japan the anime, up until they travel to Monaco. Character development actually existed to an extent before Monaco and things moved at a good, brisk pace. Then things all of a sudden turned one-dimensional and slow... leading up to the unsatisfying and rushed ending.

Personally, I thought the Monaco cup was entertaining, although the fact that half of the cast (Tsukino, Matsushiro, etc.) didn't have that much of a role really bothered me too.

But I agree, the ending felt rushed and stuff for me. Heck, the entire Yakitate 9 arc felt rushed, and I guess there's a reason for that: the manga goes beyond that, and the anime changed some stuff that the manga had for Yakitate 9, or rather...Yakitate 25!

If there's an ending for this anime that I would compare it to, it would Great Teacher Onizuka's: rushed, lacking, and doesn't live up to the epicness each anime showed off. Oh, and that the originally storyline was actually moving on in the manga.

...Sigh, I really hate it when anime has these types of endings. *goes off to read the manga*
Dec 23, 2009 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Great series. Really hilarious from the beginning until the very end, all those 'reactions' but also the progession were awesome. They even could keep up with surpassing their previous bread+reaction which impressed me.
It's a long series, but it's worth it. 9/10

@LobsterSan, Narcissu4: thank you for the information, I'll check out the manga soon :)
Mar 12, 2010 1:30 PM

Sep 2008
Yes, it certainly has many flaws in terms of character development, and at some point they started reusing jokes so much that what was once funny turned kind of... painfully bad... BUT! The series was, altogether, very enjoyable, I found. Many instances where I actually chuckled out loud. All the information fed to the audience was my favourite part - probably because I'm a cook and that's really the only reason I picked up this show in the first place.

Usually I don't like comedy, but this was amusing and refreshingly simple in many ways. :) Unfortunately the end was a bit rushed, which was pretty obvious (even as Kawachi noted before) with all the time skips... but yeah. Completely enjoyable series. Very entertaining.

8/10 from me~
Jun 7, 2010 8:45 PM

Sep 2008
The anime was quite fun to watch, having those crazy reactions and equally absurb but lovely creations of bread. My only tick is that they totally rushed the last episodes. They could have done away with some other lame episodes instead...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2010 4:47 AM

Oct 2008
Aww finished.

Such a good series. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 14, 2010 12:42 AM

May 2010
The series was entertaining..

The ending was a bit rushed but it was fine for me :)
Aug 19, 2010 10:57 AM

Oct 2007
As everyone else said, the ending was really rushed. Even the reactions felt rushed. Specially for Meister's bread.

But in any case, it was a great anime. You learn a shitload about breadbaking, you get to see a ton of Oyaji gags, and some of the most over the top reactions(A bread that can rewrite history).

9/10
Aug 25, 2010 9:04 AM

Dec 2007
Japan Banzai! ^_^

Though I wanted that bitch Yukino to get more punishment... not enough emphasis, I wanted to see her in PAIN. EXCRUTIATING PAIN. It's not really about being the villain, but rather about having no style AT ALL. Laughing like a hag, humiliating everyone around her, her attitude, manner of speech... There were just so many things that pissed me off about her, and what? We don't get her "NOOOOOO!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! NO, NO, NO, NOOOOO!!!!" line? That's pretty disappointing.

Besides that, love the series... even if only for the REACTIONS xD Though I wouldn't call it a "masterpiece", but it gets a nice, solid 8/10 in my book.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Dec 10, 2010 1:07 PM

May 2007
Afro guy and Kid were really priceless.
Great show.

Jan 16, 2011 4:16 AM

Aug 2008
Loved Yakitate tho ending could be better we didn`t even saw Kid in last episode shame.
Mar 16, 2011 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
LobsterSan said:
I agree. This final arc in particular was quite disappointing... oh well at least the first half was entertaining...
Alas86Mar 16, 2011 6:20 AM
Apr 14, 2011 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
I'll miss this show~

The one thing I don't like in this show is after the Newcomer's battle, Kawachi became useless (at least he won in the Monaco Cup finals against Sachihoko)

Anyway, Yakitate Japan!! is amazing!
Mar 1, 2013 11:01 AM

Feb 2013
Bit disappointing because the last episodes were flying..

Pierrot appearance gave this episode a nice finishing flavour.

Note: I thought the old Azumas' were twins, but it seems they're triplets: Umatarou, Umajirou, and Umasaburou.
May 18, 2013 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
then I'll add as one of those people who said that this episode is VERY rushed -_- hell was I confused if I was watching the right next episode after episode 68... it jumped abruptly!!

but yeah... the series, as a whole, is very enjoyable :D a 9/10 for me as one of my childhood favorites... just rewatching to reminisce it :D

one thing I didn't really like though is Kawachi's horrible character development... he was once willing to give it all wanting to become one of the bests...
but boy did he flaunt shamelessly...
It surely must've been a gimmick of the producers to make him that way to serve as another comedic aspect...
didn't really like it but maybe it's better that way so that we can avoid all those misplaced drama this comedy bread show doesn't need...

glad I picked it up again :D

though I wonder how it ended in the manga... maybe I'll read it sometime
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Dec 19, 2013 6:50 PM

May 2012
While they did win in the end and finishing off this arc it still felt like a lacking ending as there's no real conclusion to anything and well it's quite an open ending... I do wonder why they didn't proceed with the couple chapters that came in the manga after this...

Either way this anime sure was pretty hilarious and made me hungry for bread for sure! It had quite lovely character development and a somewhat decent pace!

So in general quite a decent anime!
Aug 4, 2014 9:21 PM

Jun 2014
The ending wasnt quite fulfilling, but still, it makes me want to cry thinking that this show is over ;-;
Nov 30, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 2013
Last arc was terribad but the first two were definitely good quality. I just wished it ended better.
It would have been a 9/10 but...
8/10
Dec 17, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2010
This show was waaaay too long imo. The reactions got old after a while. 13 episodes would have been perfect for this show.
Mar 18, 2015 10:53 PM

Apr 2013
7/10. Pretty enjoyable, but like others have stated it had a rushed unsatisfying ending. The jokes did get a little stale and the last arc was pretty boring imo.
Jun 30, 2015 12:40 PM
Feb 2012
Best food-based anime I have seen in recent years. Out of all the characters, Kawachi was by far my favorite. 9/10
Oct 30, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2012
I enjoyed the series and gave it a solid 7/10. I think it's first Arc was the show at it's best. Everything from the Monaco Cup onwards was a mix of funny and dull and lost all of the good character development of the first Arc.

Also maybe I missed something but in the Yakitate 9 Arc how on earth did St.Pierre go into the last round with a lead!? I must have not been paying attention as I thought Pantasia had lost just a single round up till then.
Jan 19, 2016 2:29 PM
Nov 2015
what chapter does the manga start after the anime?
Aug 29, 2016 10:33 PM
May 2013
First half was amazing and there was actually some character development. During monaco cup I got fed up with same jokes and didn't really like how the story progressed. At some point they didn't focus almost at all for bread baking, which didnt quite work for me. Last arc felt quite pointless but it was like return to old episodes, which was nostalgic.

This anime could've been really epic with better story. However the comedy parts worked really well for most of the time, so I'll give 8/10.
Apr 29, 2019 8:01 AM

Oct 2012
I knew it the glasses is the evil being

Awwwww
A really rushed ending, but overall a (pretty) happy ending

I'll miss the reactions
I want to see the complete version of Jya-pan too :(

So far the LotR reaction is the best though
"Signature removed"
Sep 27, 2019 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
Nice.‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎‎
Oct 1, 2019 11:40 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty much an open end for the anime, but I can't wait to pick up the manga to see the even better Japan xD

Has been a crazy and extremely enjoyable ride for sure. I don't mind series using the same formula, especially if they go wild like here. I also loved the cast.

So yeah, overall a great anime.

8,5/10 maybe even 9/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2020 3:26 PM

Sep 2012
Really great ending, he fulfilled his dream, many things got resolved and for a moment I even hoped he would ask Tsukino for her hand...! And they even made it so that a sequel would be totally possible xD Hope we can see one now that Chuuka Ichiban is getting remade too!

All in all I loved this series and it smoothly goes into my top 3 anime of all time... I just love Azuma Kazuma, Pierrot, Kuroyanagi and everything else in this show and I'm glad it went on for so long!

Originally I planned to visit our local bread museum after finishing the series but due to Corona I will have to postpone that... Hopefully everything will be resolved by the time I've finished the Manga (which supposedly has a worse ending)
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Nov 9, 2020 7:53 PM

Sep 2017
I really loved this anime, I give it a 9/10. It was a really big effort to get through, as I started it back in July. I do see some flaws (Kawachi and Tsukino really doing nothing, inconclusive ending, Kirisaki never being explained, the last couple episodes being rushed as hell) but I have read how the manga ends in a worse way so I won't bother with the manga and I'll just be done here
May 15, 2021 12:54 PM

Jan 2010
I guess with the anime ending, the show's creators dropped all pretexts and just decided to do whatever they want. I suppose that's fine, as it's been one long journey for Kazuma. The only thing he has left, as far as character growth, was the final acknowledgement that he had far surpassed everyone else in the show in terms of skill. That, and the final reveal for Kirisaki's relationship to Kazuma.

At the end, Yakitate Japan was absolutely Shokugeki no Souma before Shokugeki no Souma. Both shows had similar issues with overemphasizing the reactions over showing off their recipes. Somehow, Yakitate Japan ended up having even more overblown reactions, which were hit or miss depending on the episode. When they worked, however, Yakitate Japan most certainly knew how to string along jokes and setups into big climatic match finales.
Jan 29, 2022 4:16 AM

Apr 2013
So I guess Meister Kirisaki is just as stupid as Suwabara... they'll actually fight for the enemy who tries to destroy what they love just for their own selfish reasons.

The last arc was certainly a disappointment and since it was pretty long it's the main reason why I rated this much lower than I thought in the beginning. The last episodes were also incredibly rushed. The opponents in the last arc were hella boring and repetitive. Kawachi stayed annoying throughout the whole show and ended up being a joke of a baker in the end. But the worst thing is: They never even revealed why Kirisaki became such an asshole. "You wouldn't understand" was all we got from him when talking to Pierrot, really? What lazy ass shit writing is this? 4/10 only because it was kinda enjoyable at the start.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakitate!! Japan Episode 40 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jun 26, 2010

9 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 18, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Yakitate!! Japan Episode 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 5, 2010

7 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Yakitate!! Japan Episode 29 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 12, 2008

12 by OweynLupton »»
Feb 2, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Yakitate!! Japan Episode 43 Discussion

nanaki254 - Apr 1, 2010

12 by demision »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:56 AM

Poll: » Yakitate!! Japan Episode 42 Discussion

nanaki254 - Apr 1, 2010

7 by demision »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.