Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a tense and intense fight !! I have thought the war ends in this episode and the last episode will be wholly for the aftermath, but it is not to be. Anyway, the sakuga/animation looks particularly good this time I think:
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 15, 2013 4:27 PM
Sep 2011
Satoru tried to sacrifice himself to kill the Akki but Saki stoped him and destroyed the weapon.

I have a mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, I love Satoru so I'm glad he didn't die, but on the other hand... It was pretty stupid of her to destroy the only chance they had to kill the Akki...
Mar 15, 2013 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
I really wonder how they are going to end this next episode. The preview shows Saki looking at a field in what appears to be a classroom so I'm assuming she'll be fine, unless that's a red herring.

Anyway, awesome episode. I'll miss the minoshiro that Saki threw. It was really cute. ;u;
Mar 15, 2013 8:58 PM

Nov 2011
Time to fucking kill the Fiend. At least I hope.Hmm, episode was decent. The face of a demon:

Well, I hope the finale will have the Fiend put into his place at last. Hopefully.
Mar 15, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, this episode flew by. It's been a long time since I've really wanted the next episode right at this moment.

Let's see what they can do.

Amazing tension as usual.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 15, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
Holy hell that tunnel scene was intense the whole way through, and the music added to the effect wonderfully.

Satoru gets a ton of points for this episode, standing face to face with the 'fiend' in order to protect Saki, and nearly sacrificing himself to end it there and give her a chance to escape. But in the same way Satoru refuses to let Saki die, she refuses to let him die. They don't want to be alone. Beautiful display of realistic human emotions, especially in the face of something so terrible that will drastically affect the entire world.

Not sure what the solution Shun helped Saki think of is gonna be, but I expect a good one and I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

Also, I love how Shun is able to communicate with Saki through this, and his consciousness didn't just disappear inside of her after she remembered him. Good writing right there.
AlexTheRiotMar 15, 2013 9:23 PM
Mar 15, 2013 9:16 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode. I didn't really like Saki's decisions this episode however but it looks like the final episode will finish off this show well.
Mar 15, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2012
Holy shit at the tension. I couldn't sit still in my seat when they were being chased. Friggin' cliffhanger at the end, though... Can't wait until the next ep!
Mar 15, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
Hmmm I wonder what Saki will do; half of me tells me she's going to hug him...
Mar 15, 2013 9:42 PM

Jun 2011
Saki could've easily pushed Satoru back...
Anyway, I really liked how the tension built through the episode. I don't want it to end ;_;

And I want to know...
Mar 15, 2013 9:44 PM

Sep 2012
Intereo said:
And I want to know...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 15, 2013 9:59 PM

Jul 2009
ah, i see, they'll
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 15, 2013 10:02 PM

Jul 2009
symbv said:
Intereo said:
And I want to know...

Nah, if my math is right
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 15, 2013 10:02 PM

Oct 2007
'Fiend' looks like a she to me. And I do hope it ends with her still alive ; ;
I doubt death feedback exists for those raised without the rituals of the human society...wasn't it learned and not born with?
Mar 15, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2011

>Dat dress
>Dat tattoo
>Dat hair
>Dat scream
I want to do unspeakable things to this trap.

So Kinomaru WAS a good guy. I feel shameful for doubting him. Next episode is the finale! I really enjoyed this anime, such a crazy ride just like Psycho pass.

VioLinkMar 15, 2013 10:26 PM
[center]
Mar 15, 2013 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
wheresthehandle said:
Nah, if my math is right
It is possible and perhaps they keep it deliberately ambiguous. At the end it really does not matter what gender the kid is at its age (9). As far as the physical representation is concerned, I like how the kid is drawn in the anime. It looks much better than I imagined when I read the novel.

Mar 15, 2013 10:23 PM

Dec 2011
Go Saki!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2013 10:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
CXDragon said:
Hmmm I wonder what Saki will do; half of me tells me she's going to hug him...

You know, I also thought that might happen XD I really do wonder what's her plan. It's time she makes herself useful...Saki is very idealistic, wanting to help Maria and Mamoru's child, yet at the same time, she would be risking all their lives doing it. Whatever her plan is, I have a feeling that it's not going to work.
Mar 15, 2013 10:27 PM
Mar 2013
Cool ep as always, everytime that I see the Akki i can't hate him, I just feel sorry for him is just a pawn, Squaeler must die!!
Mar 15, 2013 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
that kid seems to be a girl
Go Kiroumaru! Kill that kid! That kid will get the death feedback if he/she counters another Queerat!
Imagine if Shun survived he will be awesome.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 15, 2013 10:46 PM

Aug 2012
The tension is always so perfect, can't wait until next week,

Mar 15, 2013 10:54 PM

Feb 2013
I'm sad to say that I'm pretty heart broken as to the direction of this series.

I'm glad that there wasn't a epic plot twist involving Kiroumaru. But...

I'm confused why Satoru didn't experience any feedback since he obviously had ill intent to another human. Also, it was pretty obvious that although Saki was trying to destroy the psychobuster, she did in fact hurt the kid. At the moment, I feel like there are numerous ways to circumvent the feedback which bothers me. The death feedback should be further explained since it plays a vital part in this anime.

Also, although I'm a fan of this anime, I'm kind of disappointed how this series turned out if there aren't any more twists in the final episode. After the encounter with the 'fiend' I thought the finale was going to be something along the lines of Saki figuring out epic plan X to defeat the 'fiend' and save the world.

But instead we got...

The plan is actually a disease that wipes out PK user which is located in this random far away place that no one goes to. Oh yeah, as a bonus only one vile is preserved in a secret safe after the 1000+ years...

The 'fiend' is not actually a fiend, he/she is a human thinking that it is a queerrat so as a result it probably only has the feedback towards queerrats (it's own kind). And Saki's plan is probably trying to beat the 'fiend' with Kiroumaru...

For me, this anime had high potential and so much suspense built up; but if it ends how I think it it will, I feel like the creator has dropped the ball and made a potential epic series into an above average one.
Mar 15, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
The next episode needs to come out already. What a cliffhanger. Part of me feels pretty stupid not being able to predict what's gonna happen next, but hey it adds to the suspense.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Mar 15, 2013 11:25 PM
Mar 2011
saki's decisions are too annoying. they better be a build up to something better, or at least a logical finale. this better not end because "love and friendship" or some mushy shit like that
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 15, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2012
That episode made me sweat...
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Mar 15, 2013 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
A few episodes on retrieving the psychobuster. Saki destroys it. Okay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Sep 2012
And with those flames goes the psychobuster.

That was pretty brave of Satoru, but I knew that Saki wouldn't let him sacrifice like that. The only way for them to kill the fiend now is for one of them to actually kill him and sacrifice themselves in the process, though I think that in the next episode Saki will try something to make him realize that he's actually human.
Mar 16, 2013 12:34 AM

Oct 2012
dayammmmnnnn......that was an intense episode o.o

Are they sure the aki is a guy? I know he's Maria's son and all, but he doesn't have to look feminine as well -3-

Mar 16, 2013 12:52 AM

Sep 2012
MelbShaw said:
A few episodes on retrieving the psychobuster. Saki destroys it. Okay.

Yup, exactly what I thought

Finale next week, hopefully the can create an amazing ending.
I wonder what plan Saki came up with.
Mar 16, 2013 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
I was hoping things would be wrapped up this ep, at least it was still enjoyable.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 16, 2013 12:58 AM

Feb 2013
I must say watching Shinsekai Yori every week really always leaves a big cliffhanger, and this is of course the biggest one so far. Even the preview had nothing really to say/show as one would expect.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 16, 2013 1:24 AM

Jan 2011
Aw shit that cliffhanger. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
And then that preview, this will be a very, very, very long week.
This episode was epic and even after his story I still like Kiroumaru as a character, he's just the best non-human character out there, not a single doubt about that.
I can't wait for the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 16, 2013 1:31 AM

Jan 2013
This was just amazing. Hard to believe people rated this a 3/5.
Then again, I have a biased love for this anime.
Mar 16, 2013 1:50 AM

Jul 2011
Man the suspense x.x Ready to see what Saki's plan is. It kept me on the edge of my seat throughout most of the series
Mar 16, 2013 2:24 AM

Dec 2011
Uhh. I can't believe that the Psychobuster would just go and be useless.
Can't wait to see what is Saki's plan.
Moving on the final episode!
Mar 16, 2013 2:24 AM
Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. This episode was full of amazing, incredibly human almost nihilistic revelations. Why did Kiroumaru come to Tokyo? To find a potential way to eradicate humanity. Why did Satoru try to save Saki, despite being physically impaired by his earlier injury? Because he didn't want to let her go. Why did Saki not want Satoru to die? Because living alone would have as little meaning as dying. This was the episode where Kiroumaru and the Bakenezumi felt *most* human to me.

Yangbo said:
I'm sad to say that I'm pretty heart broken as to the direction of this series.

I'm glad that there wasn't a epic plot twist involving Kiroumaru. But...

I'm confused why Satoru didn't experience any feedback since he obviously had ill intent to another human. Also, it was pretty obvious that although Saki was trying to destroy the psychobuster, she did in fact hurt the kid. At the moment, I feel like there are numerous ways to circumvent the feedback which bothers me. The death feedback should be further explained since it plays a vital part in this anime.

Also, although I'm a fan of this anime, I'm kind of disappointed how this series turned out if there aren't any more twists in the final episode. After the encounter with the 'fiend' I thought the finale was going to be something along the lines of Saki figuring out epic plan X to defeat the 'fiend' and save the world.

But instead we got...

The plan is actually a disease that wipes out PK user which is located in this random far away place that no one goes to. Oh yeah, as a bonus only one vile is preserved in a secret safe after the 1000+ years...

The 'fiend' is not actually a fiend, he/she is a human thinking that it is a queerrat so as a result it probably only has the feedback towards queerrats (it's own kind). And Saki's plan is probably trying to beat the 'fiend' with Kiroumaru...

For me, this anime had high potential and so much suspense built up; but if it ends how I think it it will, I feel like the creator has dropped the ball and made a potential epic series into an above average one.

On the contrary, this is what I think made the show so fantastic. There's no epic world-changing plot. There's no secret conspiracy governing human civilization. It's just the humans and Bakenezumi, their egos and their desires playing across a grand scale. The show is almost tragic in nature. The hubris of humanity is what brought them here, to this tragic moment. The humans we see for us on screen are so far removed from the humanity we know, and yet individually so similar to us. It's such a fantastic show and such a fantastic story.
Mar 16, 2013 2:35 AM

Apr 2009
Kiroumaru.. so boss.. and it seems that he could be the solution..
Mar 16, 2013 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
Takei_Hisa said:
dayammmmnnnn......that was an intense episode o.o

Are they sure the aki is a guy? I know he's Maria's son and all, but he doesn't have to look feminine as well -3-

You forgot what his father look like?

I think, Saki will manage to convince the kid that he is, in fact human, and son of Maria...

I'm concern for the kid though, I mean, if he realize that he's human.... Wouldn't death feedback really hurt him?
Mar 16, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2009
The show did a good job on making us speculate and distrust Kiroumaru for a second, then he turned out to be trustful anyway, good tension. The kid sure has long wavy hair, I like the ambiguous gender, it doesn't really matter if it's a boy or girl.

I kinda laughed when Saki threw the Mino-shiro at the kid, couldn't she have picked a rock instead. Good bye Mino-shiro nobody wanted to listing to you anyway xD
Psychobuster was wasted, three episodes in Tokyo Hell wasted, pfffhh, if only Saki explained to Satoru about Shun, then he would have understand her better.
Mar 16, 2013 3:05 AM

Nov 2011
VioLink said:

>Dat dress
>Dat tattoo
>Dat hair
>Dat scream
I want to do unspeakable things to this trap.

So Kinomaru WAS a good guy. I feel shameful for doubting him. Next episode is the finale! I really enjoyed this anime, such a crazy ride just like Psycho pass.

He is really an amazing trap but judging by the dirty rags he wears you might wanna give him a bath first.
The Art of Eight
Mar 16, 2013 3:16 AM
Jan 2011
This war is over. Saki won with the help of Shun's hint. The secret to beating the "Fiend" is by imagining both yourself and the fiend as querats. I wish that Shun is more than just a spiritual guide but hey, you take what you get.

TQ
Mar 16, 2013 3:37 AM
Sep 2011
symbv said:
Intereo said:
And I want to know...

No, he's still a boy in the anime as well.
Mar 16, 2013 3:39 AM
Sep 2011
wheresthehandle said:
symbv said:
Intereo said:
And I want to know...

Nah, if my math is right

12, not 9.
Mar 16, 2013 3:39 AM

Sep 2012
LOL, I don't know why I didn't think about using Kiroumaru before that. Anyway, very good episode as usual.
Mar 16, 2013 3:41 AM

Sep 2011
So with the final episode next week, will it have included everything from the Novel?
Mar 16, 2013 3:45 AM
Feb 2013
Intereo said:
Saki could've easily pushed Satoru back...
Anyway, I really liked how the tension built through the episode. I don't want it to end ;_;

And I want to know...

I also thought the same thing. I always say she/he could do that instead of doing this while watching anime but even if there is %1 possibility of them dying, they don't risk themselves..So destroying the psycho buster is more guaranteed than pulling him back.. Also we're only watching. If we look at realistically, they're afraid of the fiend..Even though Satarou is brave, he is also like that ..So they can't think all the time perfectly. All of it happens in a second and it's normal to make mistakes.. If Shun didn't connect with Saki, what would happen really? I think they would already be dead=) It was a good episode. I'm sure the next episode will be a lot more excited. I feel sad cuz it's ending.
Mar 16, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2011
Great build up for the final episode next week! This episode was full of tension and I cannot wait to see what that preview will be for the final episode. This is going to be soo good! I just hope it also done properly and not rushed as well though.

Well Saki retrieved the Psychobuster last episode, and in this episode she destroys it because she doesn't want to be left alone and has already lost most of her closest friend. Though understandable that Satorou is one badass guy, we can let the Fiend\Human live for a bit longer! I already thought that the mirror trick wouldn't work in this episode, but I hope they will somehow get through to Fiend\Human in the next episode. ^^

Kiramarou didn't backstab Saki and Satorou, thankfully. Though he did reveal us why he actually went to Tokyo. As expected he wanted the Psychobuster as well just to protect his closest ones and hi colony. Though I have a bad feeling he will bite the dust in the next episode. ;_;

This show is amazing, can't wait for the next episode already!
Mar 16, 2013 4:08 AM

Feb 2012
if the fiend sees the humans as his enemies,he will see the queerats as his allies,what does it mean? quite simple- in case the fiend kills kiromarou,death feedback will be activated and he will die,thats why kiromarou is the key,and thats why the fact that the fiend isnt really a fiend is that important.
Mar 16, 2013 4:21 AM
Feb 2011
Yangbo said:

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? It only counter-acts intent if they try to use their psychic powers to harm humans. If they stab one, or throw that psychobuster weapon or anything else, it only works if they see the after-affects. It's normal for it to have some ways to go around it or else they wouldn't be able to purge the bad children.
Mar 16, 2013 4:30 AM

Apr 2009
What doesn't make any sense to me is why they're going through so much effort to kill this kid.

The reason nobody can kill it with their powers isn't because they just can't, it's because they'll experience the feedback afterwards and that'll kill them, right? Nobody seems to become deathly ill when they're thinking about killing this guy with the psychobuster, so just having bad thoughts about them doesn't seem to do anything that would physically stop you from killing the person with your psychic powers.

So why are all these people willing to sacrifice themselves so they can get the psychobuster when in reality only one person would need to be sacrificed. This would all be over if just one person would explode the fiend real quick, and die from the feedback. It doesn't make any sense that everyone is willing to sacrifice themselves for all these other reasons, but nobody is willing to die doing that.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.