Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the movie shoot was amusing and so was the finished product imo. Dat special effects. I loved the Black and White movie version as well.

Kobato-chan being a real star imo:

Nice episode imo this week. The way Yozora dressed in that witch outfit cracked me up.
Mar 14, 2013 11:00 AM
Dec 2012
That Kobato film was surely impressive. Yeah, she deserves to be called Princess. But poor Kobato, she was called Poopy Vamp as well.
Mar 14, 2013 11:59 AM

Sep 2012
Just came to my mind what a coincidence that within 2 weeks of each other, two anime shows this season have a "childhood friend" seeing her status changed to much less unique or senior "childhood friend No.2" with the revelation of a "childhood friend" who knew the MC earlier. And in both case this complacent "childhood friend" is also a bit on the annoying type and never fails to boast her "childhood friend" status around.

First in Haganai we have Yozora absolutely smashed by the revelation that Sena actually knew Kodaka earlier than her.

Then in OreShura we have Chiwawa totally stunned by the revelation that Aachan was close to Eita before she knew him.

What an amazing coincidence.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
where do you people watch streaming?? i just cant find it anywhere~!! (T ^ T)
Mar 14, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode once again. Rika got a lot of screen time, which is always a positive thing. 5/5
Mar 14, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2010
Well, apparently Kodaka isn't as dumb as he appears to be
Mar 14, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
Rika has jumped up drastically on my fav character list this season. She's just been fantastic!

If only Yukimura would get more love :(

Can't believe there's only 2 eps left. Time goes by so fast.
Mar 14, 2013 4:24 PM

May 2011
Ooohhh so Rika finally decided to confront Kodaka about his oblivious act and fear. Nice, I've been wanting to see somebody do that for a while now and I liked how serious it ended up being. Wonder if this will lead to a change in anything though. And whether Kodaka wants to admit it or not they sure have gotten close with each other.

And Rika was just terrific in this episode, loving her more and more as these episodes goes by. Kobato's movie was great too haha. Damn she's actually really popular huh.
Mar 14, 2013 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
So the moral of this story will be "he was looking for friends but he already had them around him"
Mar 14, 2013 4:35 PM

May 2012
Lol at Maria falling asleep during Kobato's movie.
If any episode gave me hope for a Kodaka x Rika ending, this would be it.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 14, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2008
I am glad Rika is getting tired of all this bullshit about everyone "not having friends".
Mar 14, 2013 4:44 PM

May 2010
haha the stereotype from Yozora "i havent even talk to her but i hate her already" one of the best line simply cuz it apply to real life. Also Dat ASS
Mar 14, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2010
FrostyFang said:

^this
Mar 14, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2010
GarLogan78 said:
I am glad Rika is getting tired of all this bullshit about everyone "not having friends".
yep about time
Mar 14, 2013 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting, Interesting Indeed... I hope this Series ends with him getting married to Sena or Atleast a Harem End LoL. I wouldnt almost mind a Rika Ending as well.

Gacchan123 said:
where do you people watch streaming?? i just cant find it anywhere~!! (T ^ T)

I downloaded it from Mazui (Fan Sub Group)
Mar 14, 2013 5:00 PM

Jul 2010
I'm glad Rika got so much screen time, she's been my favorite girl since season 1 so it's nice to see so much time dedicated to her.

Also even though we all pretty much knew it I'm glad that it finally explained that Kodaka wasn't just being a typical dense MC and that he was actively ignoring the girls advances toward him. For me it just reaffirms the fact that Kodaka is one of my favorite harem MC's.
Mar 14, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2012
This season really has stepped it up in its writing and character development

Overall the one thing that separates these episodes from last season is that they have gained subtlety. They have adopted the show don't tell policy which I respect a lot since I find those shows ultimately more rewarding in the end. I mean we got development on Kobato, Maria, Kodaka and Rika. Rika has really stepped up as the more down to earth heroine of the show. She's just as crazy as everyone else in the neighbors club but has that relatable feel to her as shown through how much effort she puts in the Neighbors Club. I'm kind of sad though Yozora has been getting the short end of the stick though if there's one disappointment I have to say
Mar 14, 2013 5:15 PM

Jul 2012
There's the reveal we've all been waiting for. He just pretends not to hear or notice. Rika and Kobato especially, were so great this episode. Haganai has yet to fail to deliver this season. I like how not everything is Sena vs Yozora lately. I also hope the red haired girl and the student council president become regular cast members. They are in the OP after all.

http://i.minus.com/iJwvKfh3SSSb4.gif
Mar 14, 2013 5:30 PM

May 2011
FrostyFang said:

Essentially Kodaka has grown fond of the collective group and doesn't want to jeopardize that. So, he pretends not to hear when the girls are making overtures of wanting more than friendship. He knows that moving forward would eventually mean having to choose one of the girls as a female love interest cause everyone seems like they want to "c'est si bon" him. The fallout would be the other girls would feel rejected and distance themselves from the club. Something I think Kodaka really fears.
Mar 14, 2013 5:32 PM

Feb 2012
I noticed Rika only asked about how Kodaka felt about Sena. Does she think they have the best chemistry?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2013 5:33 PM

Oct 2010
Their role reverse..as story progress..
Sena finally become a bully and Yozora become the victim..

Kodaka's facade finally 've been blow up..

Cirris said:
The fallout would be the other girls would feel rejected and distance themselves from the club. Something I think Kodaka really fears.

fully agree.
groundfishMar 14, 2013 5:37 PM
Signature Removed
Mar 14, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
i definitely thought this anime would be pointing towards development between kodaka and a final relationship with yozora or sena but now it seems like it could be rika. Kodaka's actually seems to show a strong interest in rika and the effort she puts into the club. About time one of the girls confronts kodaka, things finally getting serious
Mar 14, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
Hmm guess i finally have a clear understanding of why Kodaka is the way he is still glad Rika confronted him.

I don't know why but i like Sena more when shes in her mature mode can even get Yozora to obey her lol.
Mar 14, 2013 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
Kodaka knows everything, i really didnt see that one coming. I am enjoying this so freaking much. I freaking love Rika and if i want anyone to end with with Kodaka, it would be her now

edit: well actually i wouldnt mind Sena or Yozora either. i love all the characters too much to decide!
double edit!: oh yeah! i love how Kobato seems only comfortable around Maria. I also love how Maria got jealous on how popular Kobato is, it was adorable :3
BigDB64Mar 14, 2013 7:25 PM
Mar 14, 2013 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
>Dat Kobato in dat School Uniform!!!

It's about fucking time Kobato is treated the way she should be....as the REAL star of this anime and superior to all others!

Also, I'm loving the fact that for the third straight episode Yozora got talked down to by Sena....Just desserts if you ask me!

Anyways....best moment of this episode:

Mar 14, 2013 6:28 PM

Nov 2007
Scientist girl is scary. Wow, Meat already wrote one! Finally to OP drama. Wow @ CG!!

Festival time finally. lol @ Kobato's movie. Wow @ Kobato is popular somehow. So Sister girl liking the usual Kobato more. So Scientist girl knew that the guy was just pretending to not notice anything.

Student council president by Hikasa-san? Weird hairstyle.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 14, 2013 6:29 PM

Jun 2012
I had already read a spoiler(accident) about Kodaka pretending not hear so that the club could remain the way it is but it was still a great part when Rika called him on it. Kobato was awesome as usual. Overall this was a great episode, seems there was some development I wonder where this will go next. Only 2 episodes to go for season 2.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 14, 2013 6:36 PM

May 2011
Glorious Rika ep is glorious. ^^
Mar 14, 2013 6:50 PM

Oct 2012
Loved this ep, Rika focused ep is <3, Rika is best girl or Yukimura. Kodaka ain't no fool he knows whats up. Also that preview and adoreable end card.
Mar 14, 2013 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
Leave it up to Rika to call out Kodaka on his act. Shit just got real!

Season 2 definitely delivers in the character development department, hopefully the last 2 episodes wraps things up nicely.
Mar 14, 2013 6:53 PM

Mar 2013
I loved this episode, tons of funny moments, plus something serious about freindship at last. I also loved how Maria got sad when she found out that Kobato is popular, and happy when she came back to the club, they're really going to end up as friends :D
Too bad Kodaka hasn't accepted the fact that they're all friends, or at least that Rika wants to be friends with him, i hope he finally accepts it in the next episode.
And i'm excited about what Aoi can bring to the series.
Mar 14, 2013 6:55 PM
Oct 2010
least someone sees they are friends
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 14, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2011
Yozora got ostracized, then mocked and embarrassed by Sena... Plagiarism is serious business.

So Kobato is popular but doesn't know how to accept the praise? She's a shy and timid idol in public, but has a good friend in Maria. Was she jealous of Kobato or just worried they won't have time to play together if she keeps getting popular?

Hinata finally debuts.

Like always, the KodakaxRika interactions were golden. She's been my favorite since the season began and with good reason. Perceptive, dynamic and full of energy. <3

In short, this episode was made of win.
Mar 14, 2013 7:02 PM

Dec 2010
Finally Kodaka admits he's ignorant on purpose. Great episode.
And guys, the also chibi cute Aoi is coming back. Oh I'm so excited. I really do like her. She's my fave, really happy that we'll see her again on S2.
Mar 14, 2013 7:07 PM

Jun 2011
Wow Rika and Kodaka can stand on equal grounds because both are perceptive. They both have a great chemistry and act as a real friend compare to the one-track-minded cast. Kobato feels like a tsundere in school mode. I get the impression that Maria sees Kobato as a friend because she gets sad when she sees Kobato with other girls. Rika deserves to be in the end theme dammit.
SleepingKMar 14, 2013 7:22 PM
Mar 14, 2013 7:35 PM

Jan 2012
Finally its revealed, kodaka's ignorance is a facade. I like how this season is a little darker and has actual plot.
Mar 14, 2013 7:55 PM

Apr 2009
.. .. .. Rika .. .. ..
Mar 14, 2013 8:10 PM
Oct 2012
FrostyFang said:

The thing that separates this show from all the other harem anime out there is how razor sharp all the character definitions are: the author never sacrifices them for a scene. They all stay in character and all the heart-touching/humorous/interesting interactions occur while they are being who they truly are.

Plus I love the way the writer drops hint at hidden suffering instead of spelling it out. In this episode the revelation that Sena went to public school was awesome, there is definitely a lot more there that we will learn about. Rika's gentle scene recalling the 4th (I think) episode where her expressing how much fun she had playing a game takes on a much deeper and poignant feeling. And of course Yozora. All the hints she has dropped, there is something extremely tragic in her past. I think this resolution will prove to be a great slap in the face when it is finally revealed in the next couple of episodes (I think there is 3 remaining, not two). Rika was resolved today, Sena next week, then Yozora the penultimate week, with Kodaka's resolution coming in the final.

At the end, Kodoka will end up with Yozora. That was pretty much established in the first episode, but this reminds me of the time when I complained to my wife that most Japanese dramas were easy to predict how they would end, and she said that in Japan they journey, not the destination that they enjoyed. With all this build up, all the subtle hints, I predict that these final episode will be damn good. I want to see how it ends, even if (and hey, who knows I could be wrong) I think I know the ending. It has indeed been a good trip.
Mar 14, 2013 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, that was a shocking ending (for me, anyways). To find out that Kodaka isn't the typical boneheaded MC is pretty awesome. I usually am a little bothered when a fun show like this gets serious as it did at the end, but I'm actually really looking forward to seeing where this goes. I just love this series so much.

And Kobato ftw. So damn cute.
Mar 14, 2013 8:14 PM

Jul 2011
Cirris said:
FrostyFang said:

Essentially Kodaka has grown fond of the collective group and doesn't want to jeopardize that. So, he pretends not to hear when the girls are making overtures of wanting more than friendship. He knows that moving forward would eventually mean having to choose one of the girls as a female love interest cause everyone seems like they want to "c'est si bon" him. The fallout would be the other girls would feel rejected and distance themselves from the club. Something I think Kodaka really fears.

100% agreed
Mar 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Jan 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
FrostyFang said:

The thing that separates this show from all the other harem anime out there is how razor sharp all the character definitions are: the author never sacrifices them for a scene. They all stay in character and all the heart-touching/humorous/interesting interactions occur while they are being who they truly are.

Plus I love the way the writer drops hint at hidden suffering instead of spelling it out. In this episode the revelation that Sena went to public school was awesome, there is definitely a lot more there that we will learn about. Rika's gentle scene recalling the 4th (I think) episode where her expressing how much fun she had playing a game takes on a much deeper and poignant feeling. And of course Yozora. All the hints she has dropped, there is something extremely tragic in her past. I think this resolution will prove to be a great slap in the face when it is finally revealed in the next couple of episodes (I think there is 3 remaining, not two). Rika was resolved today, Sena next week, then Yozora the penultimate week, with Kodaka's resolution coming in the final.

At the end, Kodoka will end up with Yozora. That was pretty much established in the first episode, but this reminds me of the time when I complained to my wife that most Japanese dramas were easy to predict how they would end, and she said that in Japan they journey, not the destination that they enjoyed. With all this build up, all the subtle hints, I predict that these final episode will be damn good. I want to see how it ends, even if (and hey, who knows I could be wrong) I think I know the ending. It has indeed been a good trip.

They better make that development between yozora and kodaka extremely good otherwise I will be extremely pissed if they end up together. I kind of hope it doesn't happen cause its way too cliche and normal.
Mar 14, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2008
cephilis said:
I noticed Rika only asked about how Kodaka felt about Sena. Does she think they have the best chemistry?[/quote

Honestly its that Rika is the one who understands him best -
Mar 14, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2012
I LOVE RIKA, she's just so damn wonderful!
"look at those babies jiggle!"
I lol'd hard xD

Finally, the big reveal - Kodaka's a genius who can act inconspicuous like nothing happened.
Mar 14, 2013 8:30 PM
Oct 2012
rupok93 said:
They better make that development between yozora and kodaka extremely good otherwise I will be extremely pissed if they end up together. I kind of hope it doesn't happen cause its way too cliche and normal.

Ah, that is the beauty of this writer (I believe). He has been dropping hints from the beginning. A montage series of these scenes should send people scrambling to rewatch them screaming "how the hell did I miss that!"

The writer has been extremely subtle, if I am right, Rika has been the hidden key explaining what is going on. She figured out the true state in the first series, and has been subtlety supporting this cour. There are at least five times she has suggested the Yozora outcome.

Then again I could be wrong, but I hope not. Not because I am a Yozora fan (well I am, but that is another story), but rather because it would prove that this writer is truly a first tier talent at presenting a story.

Edit: I really probably should watch the entire episode before responding! Not that it has changed my mind, but the whole Maria depression/relief sequence was godly good. Damn this is great writing.
Takuan_SohoMar 14, 2013 8:33 PM
Mar 14, 2013 8:38 PM

Jul 2009
Cirris said:
FrostyFang said:

Brodaka should take the Tenchi Solution
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 14, 2013 8:39 PM

Nov 2008
really volume 8 is the most loaded
seemed like this past episode had shades of volume 7 with Rika showing she is the one with the most knowledge/understanding of how Kodaka really feels and what hes doing.
Mar 14, 2013 8:47 PM

Dec 2008
Woah, a whole lot of character development this episode all of a sudden. All the Rika screentime is great, I'm really starting to like her. That scene where Kodaka found out how much effort she put into that was really telling of her character, I really liked it. On top of that, we get to see a change in the Yozora/Sena dynamic, and we get a surprising development in Maria's relationship with Kobato. Quite a bit in this episode.

Cirris said:

Also, I'd agree completely with this statement. It kind of brings home the reality of the harem situation. I don't recall any anime taking quite this angle before. I'll be interested to see how they resolve it. I'm still hoping for a Sena marriage, only now I'm starting to root for Rika... Can't wait for the conclusion! (or more likely, continuation...)
FredilocMar 14, 2013 8:51 PM
Mar 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Sep 2011
DAT ASS

dat Kobato

and dat Gundam
Mar 14, 2013 9:03 PM

Oct 2012
A lot of Rika screentime. Also,a lot of character development.
She already knew that Kodaka was playing dumb, and confronted him about it. She's very mature u.u
Kodaka is gonna have to step up and stop running away.
Looks like they already knew they were already friends with each other.

All seriousness aside...
Hahaha Yozora really hates popular people XD
Rika looked pretty pissed when Sena was winning that race. She's a bit jealous after all n.n

Can't wait to see what happens next!! :3
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Mar 14, 2013 9:12 PM

Mar 2013
Woah what an episode. Kobato was actually popular and Kodaka was actually aware that there were all friends already definitely a 5/5.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.