Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jan 8, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Nice move Maki; he held the bomb until its detonation cord thing had expended some of its lifespan, forcing the old man to die, or seriously injure himself in the process of attempting to save his friend (one wonders if Makishima knows they are related).

I'm somewhat saddened that the enforcers seem to have lost their edge in favor of Akane's character getting a boost to her reading skills. I believe that upon arriving in the empty control room, for example, Yayuri (hoho...) should have realistically, relatively to what had beforehand established about enforcers' snouts, been the one to come to the conclusion that: in order for Maki to continue unimpeded in his plan, he'd have to get rid of the dogs tailing him.

Good restatement that there be indeed differences 'twixt enforcers and inspectors when Gino triggered the mine, though that could have stemmed from experience, or lack thereof.

And now, another fistfight, fan service, really.
Jan 8, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
I had told myself not to read other posts for fear of stumbling upon the produces, nay, refuses, of imbeciles' brains. But curiosity would have its way, and here I am, in pain and disappointed, yet laughing, between meekly and madly, that there be within this world such disgraces of human beings.

"Masaoka should've thrown the bomb to Makishima."
"Well, in my defense, lol, I admit it took me a couple of eps to really believe he [Kagari] was gone. I don't think it was until it really hit me in ep 20 and them--the Sybil system--admitting what they did, more or less, and the flashbacking that did it for me. "

HAHAHAHAHA
ENOUGH! Oh my, I cannot bear this. ahhhhhhhhhhhh
And more, and more of course, not that I read everything, pfeh. But to pay them any more attention than I have would be a slight to my mind, and a blessing they deserve not (not that they would know it to be one, anyway, ha)

Oh, cursed spite! That ever such were born to set things wrong!

*Mhmmm, perhaps I should have used the automatic quoting button thingy. If anything, to potentially send this...dagger home, were the involved parties to so receive notifications. Oh well, next time, then.
Realization: the suffering would surely be accompanied by my making entertainment out of it, so don't shy away, pretty, if ever so slightly.
Dan1234567890Jan 8, 2016 12:25 PM
Jan 15, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2015
Wow! Nice build-up to the last episode. So...it's down to a knife fight between Kogami and Makishima. That should be exciting.

Akane...GO! You can save Kogami.

POPS...NOOOOOO!! I teared up a little.
Feb 6, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2012
When they split up into groups and Ginoza and Masaoka had that short argument I kinda thought he might die... but it still got me :c Kogami's face when he saw what happened and Ginoza totally losing it when he usually tries to look quite measured, ouch. Cringed at Ginoza's mangled arm too.

The BGM in this series is so good.
Feb 14, 2016 10:55 AM
Jan 2012
Chase started and it really was a little shocked by the death of Masaoka. It was one of my favorites along with Kagari. Ginoza become a co actor was to be expected. For a moment I thought the road would be easy, but it is proving very difficult to Makishima. I hope for a grand finale.
Mar 23, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
I cried my heart out when Pops died.
I just can't wait to get this over with. I'm getting desperate.
Apr 11, 2016 5:33 PM

Aug 2014
So intense, i hope the conclusion will be good.
It was a sad scene with Masaoka and Ginoza.
Excellent Episode.
May 22, 2016 3:46 AM

Aug 2010
I thought he would've thrown the explosive at Makishima... Cant believe Masaoka died...!! Gino looked really sad, that usual calm facade is really gone.

We are left with the last episode, how can it all end in one more episode?? I hope they won't rush the whole thing, whatever happens next...
Jul 25, 2016 7:10 AM

Oct 2014
The intensity keeps ramping up, but damn, RIP Masaoka :( Liked him from the start
Oct 23, 2016 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
Okay, so Kasei's talk before about Ginoza not fullfiling his duty was to keep up the facade. It was a bit much given how even in the official capacity as chief she stalled them at every turn, but okay.

But now that she's explained everything to Akane, why continue when they are talking privately? Heck, she overrid Ginoza's Dominator in front of the whole team, and Akane was the one who defused the situation. Why keep up the talk about how the Dominators decide solely based on crime coefficent and such?

Too bad Akane didn't call the Sybil system out on it.

I think it weird that the Dominator is locked normally anyways. Assuming the Sybil system does work as advertised, there is no way somebody would use it to shoot at someone who doesn't deserve it. As even the MWPSB simply kills people when they can, even one gangster taking out his rival wouldn't change anything compared to how things work right now.

Heck, automated Dominator gun emplacements and/or having Drones do it would actually be far more efficient. People being beaten to death or shot or stabbed etc. is seen as entertainment anyways, and you could simply project a holographic image to cover it, so no issue on this front either.

The fact that the normally only get access to Dominators once on the crime scene, and that itrequires both a user identification and a certain Psycho-Pass rating of the target is one of the biggest signs that whoever designed the system didn't think it perfect. Should have given people something to think.

Of course, they grew up thinking the system is perfect, the moment they first encounter weird things like this, it's already too ingrained to seriously think about it. And if you do, you'll probably get marked as criminal anyways.

Also funny how that facility has harder security than the Ministry of Welfares tower. Though i don't get what actually kept Kogami out. The drones? They don't do shit. And why would they power down if you power down the facility? Cameras? Why would Kogami care if he's filmed there, everyone knows he's there, and given that he plans a murder, what difference would being filmed breaking in make?

I seriously doubt there are any automated gun emplacements and such..
Nov 13, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2016
Ginoza you are shit..... too bad Masaoka-san has to pay for his stupidity.
Great episode, it is designed to set for the climax at final episode
and im going to watch it NOW!!!!
Nov 19, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2015
Makishima is one smart villain, he calculated the dynamite to a point that it couldn't be thrown back at him and as a result Masaoka blew up. It was kinda Gino's fault for triggering that box trap that led to this point. I feel his emotions will make him an Enforcer now. Makishima I kinda hate you now for killing Pops.
Feb 6, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2016
Damn it Masoka died, the fight was short tbh but the background music pumped the fight, after he died then he call him father wtf you should have at least call dad once again.
Apr 19, 2017 2:34 PM

May 2010
Goddammit I knew Masaoka had a death flag but still... At least he topped Makishima before he died, that bastard is really annoying. If Gino wasn't involved Makishima was gonna lose.
Jun 23, 2017 1:02 PM

May 2013
RIP Masaoka-san D; I knew he would defend that stupid Ginoza -.- but still Q__Q

Masaoka >>> Maki
Jul 24, 2017 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
Noooo Masaoka T_T

Great episode. And boyyy I'm so down for this fight it will be so exciting! Makishima and Kougami have a very dynamic relationship.
Dec 10, 2017 6:20 AM

Oct 2015
Sick bastard probably calculated the time he'd need to get the dynamite but not enough to throw it. Masaoka-san T_T

I'm looking forward to Makishima's death. Never really liked his mindset anyways.
May 6, 2018 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
Cannot deny, tears were shed for the poor old detective. :( Gino is well on his way to losing it, as we've seen from previous episodes with his psychopass deteriorating, can't see what could tip him over the scale better than his pops' death. A mechanical arm for him would be a nice touch.
Also, poignant words from Makishima about solitude in today's society. Don't you think it's already become a little bit like this? We mainly use texts or messengers, we don't socialize like our grandparents used to. It's not uncommon to see a party dominated by smartphone zombies, not talking to anyone but their phones, and on the public transport it's the same: people looking into their phones, rarely out the windows.
CenedessMay 6, 2018 3:37 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 2, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2017
Is Gino's crime coefficient going to rise?

I wasnt even over Kagari and now we have another one. Wow.

Sorry for my English.
Dec 28, 2018 11:27 PM

May 2016
I can't imagine how hard it'd be to think about what both Shinya and Shogo will do next especially in a very tight time constriction like how Akane is doing it. At least it will be a little bit easier for her to handle herself and keep Shinya alive thanks to Sybil letting her bypass the system in her Dominator.

Ginoza fell into a trap and was used as a sacrifice by Makishima to get Masaoka off his back and he was successful in that regard. It was so sad seeing the lovable old man die so suddenly in his son's arms who finally showed how he truly regarded him as a father in his last moments. His rising Crime Coefficient must be rising through the roofs just because of this ordeal and he'll very well end up as an Enforcer like his old man if he ever survives the future. Tears were shed for you both.

They're gonna have their final battle and it's gonna be a knife fight! Whatever will happen next lies on Akane's hands.

Jan 13, 2019 11:10 AM

Jan 2019
Well this episode was pretty much the best one so far. The pacing was tight, the soundtrack matched the scenes perfectly, the emotional resonance was good and all the main characters arcs moved forward.

Man...them feels though at THAT part. Even though I'm watching this well after the air-date and the discussion is more or less dead I had to comment here to say how good of an episode it was.

Mar 8, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2018
Damn what an episode! I felt so bad for Masaoka and Gino.

Did they establish earlier on that they were father and son? That came as a complete surprise to me so if they did I either missed it or forgot.
Mar 23, 2019 7:28 PM

Nov 2016
Not Masaoka, tho ;_;

And I thought the Yuki scene from last episode was sad...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2019 3:16 PM
Oct 2018
damn this episode was so emotional
shit had me in my feels, ngl was about to shed a G tear for pops

wow, this show is so damn good. it was a little slow at first but once makishima got introduced it's been incredible
Mar 27, 2019 3:16 PM
Oct 2018
praisethevillain said:

Did they establish earlier on that they were father and son? That came as a complete surprise to me so if they did I either missed it or forgot.

yes, it was a couple episodes ago that they talked about being father/son
Mar 28, 2019 12:36 PM

Feb 2018
goko- said:
praisethevillain said:

yes, it was a couple episodes ago that they talked about being father/son

Ah ok, guess I missed that. Thanks!
Apr 20, 2019 12:03 PM

Nov 2017
I really teared up at this moment, such a sad scene ;-;

Jun 2, 2019 9:37 PM

Aug 2017
Indeed, Masaoka's death was sad. Oh, I think that Gino's crime coefficient is going to rise.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 8, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
Damn....Ginoza lost his dad. I really liked Masaoka. He was wonderful. Fatherly, wise and level-headed and I loved the conflict between him and his son. I had always hoped that it would be resolved but not like this. Saving his son like this. Damn that hurt.

Excellent episode but it hurt
Jul 7, 2019 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
OMG two of the members are dead..... last episode to go
Jul 10, 2019 10:02 AM

Dec 2018
Masaoka is better than Kogami at fighting.

Ginoza still got a long way to go.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 4, 2019 2:18 PM
Sep 2018
THIS IS FUCKING WHY WEAK PEOPLE THAT CANT KILL LEADS PEOPLE THAT ARE CLOSE TO THEM THEIR DEATHS I CALLED THIS LAST DISCUSSION I KNEW IT WEAK PEOPLE = MORE UNINTENDED DEATHS OR INJURIES IM SO FUCKING FED UP WITH PEOPLES IDEALS NOW EVEN IF ITS ANIME A GUY THAT IS DANGEROUS IS BETTER DEAD THAN ALIVE
Dec 11, 2019 2:06 AM
Jul 2016
This episode was dogshit in the writing department. Where do I even begin with this? Okay, so the factory that controls the country's major supply of food has no employees on-site. So if there are no workers, why is a computer terminal there for bad guy to use? Assuming the entire company isn't 100% automated, why wouldn't the bad guy access the factory from a remote computer? Because the show needs an abandoned factory to have the final confrontation.

Yayoi says to Akane "I know that I can put my life in your hands; you've earned that." Considering Yayoi was always with the other group and because this is the only scene in the show where these two are alone or even communicate, this line makes no sense.

When Masaoka has bad guy in the world's worst choke hold with both arms but bad guy can still light a pipe bomb with one hand, I lost my mind. Look at the scene again, look how Masaoka is holding him, Masaoka's left arm is doing absolutely nothing. All Masaoka had to do was extend his left arm and grab the left arm of badie to prevent the pipe bomb from being thrown. After the pipe bomb is picked up and thrown, the resulting blast would have still hit Ginoza from that range. It's the dumbest thing ever.

Kogami comes from nowhere to shoot a couple rounds from ten yards and misses bad. It looked like he was aiming for the head, aim center mass you moron! Kogami chases down bad guy, sees the bad guy, and fires. Oh but it was just the reflection! Bullshit! The bad guy was standing behind Kogami, and the light was coming from behind him at such a perfect angle to leave a mirror like reflection that Kogami could see. How 10,000 IQ is bad guy that he could recognize the perfect setup for the reflection? Like actually think about how much time he had to come up with that.

Bonus: Why are there only 16 people working for the CID in a city of millions? In the episode where the woman was getting beaten to death, why did no one recognize what was happening? Are you telling me this civilization is post-fear? The woman who got killed knew what was going to happen right before it happened, how did no one else? JFC. The show tells us that the facade of the psycho-pass is so fragile that when people doubt the system, literal riots occur. But I am supposed to believe that people don't look their home's doors anymore? The populace alternates between placid cows and violent murderous rioters at the drop of a hat. How is this show worse looking that Ghost in Shell:SAC when that show came out 13 years ago! Why is this white gradient that desaturates the color placed over everything? Do people not think this looks like shit? One frame of the OP is more colorful than anything within the show. Psycho-Pass is mediocre at best and deserves none of the acclaim. Production IG has dropped the ball bad.
Mar 4, 2020 10:32 PM

Dec 2019
Aww man such a sad episode :(

Everything is gonna get settled between those 2 on the next episode.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 25, 2020 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
Wow that was intense! Just one more Ep, I love this show but I hear Season 2 is a stinker.
Jun 6, 2020 5:35 AM
Jun 19, 2020 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
I’m so sad I’m so sad I’m so sad T.T this was brutal. Ginoza’s face!!!! Ugh I’m a wreck
Jul 15, 2020 8:20 PM
Oct 2019
Jesus, high and mighty, take-charge Akane is even worse than pathetic little shit Akane.

The old man... *tears*

Komagi's shot with that revolver is awful. Holy crap.
HagePotPotatoJul 15, 2020 8:30 PM
Jul 19, 2020 6:29 PM

Nov 2016
Having Ginoza walk without looking at the ground after seeing a laserwire trap is the most out of character shit I've seen for the sake of forwarding the plot. Great episode asides from that BS plot device.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Nov 9, 2020 3:43 PM

Apr 2020
So Ginoza was Masaoka's son, and Masaoka died :(
Nov 23, 2020 1:37 PM

Feb 2009
Masaoka was undoubtly one of the most empathetic characters, so its sad seeing him getting the short end of the stick... I must confess, I teared up a little there. Great episode, this season is leading up to an incredible finale.
Jan 1, 2021 4:59 PM
Apr 2016
"I won't let Kougami Shinya become a murderer"???????????????????????????????????????? R u ok, Akane?

I also like how Kougami missed Makishima while he just stood there without looking, just like in some classic action movie. That aside, Masaoka's death was a decent scece; liked Ginoza's reaction to it, felt powerful.
Jan 3, 2021 6:04 AM

Jun 2020
My heart sank during Masaoka & Ginoza’s scenes. RIP Masaoka (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) Ginoza calling out for his dad...... that was so sad to watch. His painful screams about how it’s too late were almost reflective of how it’s too late to say anything else now, his dad is gone. I wonder what’s the development of Ginoza after this. Hope he’s in the 2nd season, he would make a compelling character.

Ugh. How do you root for Makishima after this. That was just too cruel.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 15, 2021 7:05 PM
Aug 2021
I'm starting to hate Akane for making peace with the Sibyl system. I just hope it's just a farce and would turn against it in the episodes/season.

Sep 11, 2021 6:13 PM

Jan 2021
This is late, but I love the opening and ending songs <3 They fit the anime so well.
Jan 4, 2022 1:30 PM

Dec 2007
what an episode.
masaoke :(

gotta hand akane how she's grabbing sybil in their balls, literally lol.
Jan 20, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2020
Tupac would still be alive if Kougami was the shooter
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Mar 2, 2023 7:46 PM
Oct 2017
I'm just going ahead and say what we all have been thinking... Nobuchika is useless.

Like I would have expected such slip us from a newbie like Akane but not from the boss of the whole team oh my god, and now pops, a character I liked a lot more than him, is dead, well done idiot.

The scene with Yayoi is so dumb, like, making a character say what the series wants us to think about Akane is dumb, I hate when series do that, and it doesn't feel like they gained it, these those barely talked together, they just forced it.
PhixiatelyMar 5, 2023 8:08 PM
May 31, 2023 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
I still can't get over the fact, that the bookworm Makishima is a better hand-to-hand fighter than all the enforcers. It's so dumb.
Jun 20, 2023 1:25 AM

Dec 2022
Man, that's upsetting. Masaoka was a really respectable guy. Ginoza really shouldn't have been caught by a basic wire trap like that, especially in an environment like where the likelihood of traps being placed around is so high. His only job in such a situation is to be alert and perceptive, so how do you fall for that?
Gator said:
I still can't get over the fact, that the bookworm Makishima is a better hand-to-hand fighter than all the enforcers. It's so dumb.
He isn't a better hand-to-hand fighter than Masaoka, if this episode is anything to go by. He was in trouble until he forced a sacrifice through the dynamite throw.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

566 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 2:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.