Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2013 6:44 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Great ending. I feel bad for Amu being left alone. She and Daba could take care of Quwasan together. This way the Yaman clan ended for real.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 24, 2014 6:25 PM

Nov 2013
Really intense finale as usual for Tomino shows, overall this was a fun show, good mecha designs, mostly likeable characters.

I especially liked how during more important mecha duels, the mecha's faded out leaving only the characters duelling, it was a really neat effect.

My only problems with the show was the bio-relation thing was never really explained, and also did we actually see any planets aside from Koam Mizum and Gastogal? I can't really remember. Well either they didn't show of all the planets or the other 2 just weren't that memorable.

Bubcus93May 25, 2014 8:59 AM
Feb 23, 2015 8:06 PM
Dec 2014
Those last few minutes, wtf. Why couldn't Daba take Amu with him! Gablae was also left alone after all he did! After Amu lost the other guy and was madly in love with Daba, he just left without a goodbye kiss and carrying another girl while she laugh's and calls him "oni chan". Way to rub the wound Daba. Can't believe I came to dislike him at the last minute of 54 episodes.

Other than that, pretty good series :)
Mar 13, 2016 5:22 PM
Jan 2016
Bubcus93 said:
Really intense finale as usual for Tomino shows, overall this was a fun show, good mecha designs, mostly likeable characters.

I especially liked how during more important mecha duels, the mecha's faded out leaving only the characters duelling, it was a really neat effect.

My only problems with the show was the bio-relation thing was never really explained, and also did we actually see any planets aside from Koam Mizum and Gastogal? I can't really remember. Well either they didn't show of all the planets or the other 2 just weren't that memorable.

Trydetol was another planet they spent a lot of time on. I think there's one more planet in Pentagona that we never really see.
Mar 29, 2016 9:12 PM

Apr 2010
I lost interest about somewhere in the 30's with this series. Failed to keep my attention as some of the other 80's mecha I've seen. Not a bad show by any means, but far from being mentioned alongside Tomino's best works.

Also, a few of those Elite 13 members were never really developed and just showed randomly near the end of the series.

Daba's goal was to revive the Yaman Clan, no? Can't say I'm a fan of the ending. At least Quwasan seemed to be in better condition than Kamille though.
Aug 2, 2016 8:16 AM

Feb 2012
I really liked this series. Im in love with the character designs and the animation (it was the golden age of japanese animation indeed). The actual story is a bit confusing, but it has great characteres. Fun to watch.
Jan 15, 2020 1:30 AM

Jan 2017
Just finished. I wished they would have expanded on the backstory of Kamandra (and that Daba didn't just bail with vegetable Olibee), but oh well. For what it's worth I really enjoyed the mecha designs.
Sep 5, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2008
Some of the characters hairstyles in this show were hitting uncharted territories.
Sep 16, 2021 8:29 AM

Apr 2019
I'm taking back what I said in epsode 17, this is definetly femminist, cool show
Sep 21, 2021 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
this series started off pretty good.. then went pretty bad in the middle then its tried to come back and then just turned to a real bad ending smh

honestly the only reason why i even kept to the end of the series was because of Lilith she was the only character that was worth anything in the end

Lilith = best girl, best character best thing about this series

if not for her i would have just dropped this series

and god the ending just like most mech series are always bad lol
"one step at a time"
Dec 7, 2021 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
Well this was such a wild ride. It's very different to what Tomino usually did in the 80s but at the same time it feels familiar after coming from Gundam, Dunbine and Ideon. I liked the show, the main characters were great and the fact that the mecha were very grounded felt nice. Good designs too. But it's definitely one of his weaker works and I can understand why it never took off in popularity compared to other shows from the era.

I didn't like how some of the cool humour moments from the first half slowly vanished in the second one. It feels extremely weird how they reused Cham's design from Dunbine for Lilis. I suppose the fairy thing was super popular in Japan in 1983 and 84 and Tomino decided he had to reuse Cham in some way.

And that ending. It's mindblowing how after 54 episodes Tomino still had to rush the ending and leave so much important shit without proper explanations. Like the Bio-relation technology, what happened to Full Flat and many other things. I wish he could have given a proper explanation as to why Daba didn't choose to stay with Amm and a little more backstory to the members of the extra 13.

Oh well. It's a 7/10 for me. I would recommend it to anyone who's already familiar with Tomino's show after watching Gundam, Ideon and Dunbine.
Aug 14, 2023 4:15 PM
Jul 2022
emeth_asher said:
I lost interest about somewhere in the 30's with this series. Failed to keep my attention as some of the other 80's mecha I've seen. Not a bad show by any means, but far from being mentioned alongside Tomino's best works.

Also, a few of those Elite 13 members were never really developed and just showed randomly near the end of the series.

Daba's goal was to revive the Yaman Clan, no? Can't say I'm a fan of the ending. At least Quwasan seemed to be in better condition than Kamille though.
emeth_asher said:

I gotta ask, even though this is years later. Why do you even watch 80s mecha? This show isn’t they good but your statement about it overall is just kind of a snobby statement.
Feb 5, 11:34 AM
Jul 2021
Honestly, i stayed for leccee

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 35 Discussion

BaronLukis - Apr 3

0 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 3, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 34 Discussion

BaronLukis - Apr 2

0 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 33 Discussion

Bubcus93 - May 5, 2014

2 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 32 Discussion

BaronLukis - Apr 2

0 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Juusenki L-Gaim Episode 31 Discussion

Bubcus93 - May 4, 2014

1 by BaronLukis »»
Apr 2, 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.