Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2007 3:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the first sub is out, I will switch though. Philantrophy has again typo's, spelling mistakes and that violet typesetting is a little annoying.

It was a good first episode though, Nagisa is really cute and the jokes are great. There are very interesting characters so I'm looking forward to more!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2007 4:23 AM

Oct 2006
Yeah lots of typos... and the timing on some bits wasn't good either.
I'm also changing once a better group starts subbing. Wasn't Eclipse gonna do it?

Anyway, it was a nice first episode. Seems like it could be an interesting story and there's some pretty cool characters. Tomoyo FTW~ lol...
I'm not too fond of the background music themes though... Still, looking forward for more.
Oct 5, 2007 4:36 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The Waffle House is doing a joint with Sprocket-Hole Subs again, that torrent is almost done so I'll go check if that one's better.

[edit]: It is, get that one instead.
cyruzOct 5, 2007 4:47 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2007 5:04 AM

Oct 2006
I'm downloading it right now. Tks.
Oct 5, 2007 5:18 AM

Jun 2007
Yeah i wached Sprockethole / The Waffle Houses subs, they were actually quite good, haven't seen Philantrophy / Sekai Fansubs but from what i hear they were really bad.

But the first ep of Clannad was kind of interesting, especially the end of it - but it was also nice to get some details about the main characters. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 5, 2007 6:15 AM

Apr 2007
This first episode was pretty good. I didn't find any character that really stood out yet, but I'm sure I'll pick a favorite in episodes to come. I got the Philanthropy sub, and it wasn't that bad. The spelling mistakes were easy to get over. My main gripe was that their timing was poor and the font size too small. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Oct 5, 2007 6:40 AM

Apr 2007
I liked the 1st Episode. Can't comment on the sub cause I watched only the raw. It's bad that we have to wait 3 weeks for the widesceen version.

favorites:
the guy with the pink (?) underwear
nice table
spectators view
Oct 5, 2007 6:51 AM

Jan 2007
I really enjoyed the first episode. It looks like the key/kyoani might win again.
Tomoyo ftw~
Oct 5, 2007 7:42 AM

Aug 2007
I also enjoyed the first episode. The sprocket subs were pretty good, so no complaints. ^_^ Can't wait for the next episode.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 5, 2007 8:20 AM

May 2007
I'd just stick with Sprocket & TWH.

I want to watch ep 2 so bad now... damn kyoto ani and key.
themax37Oct 5, 2007 8:52 AM
Oct 5, 2007 8:39 AM
Feb 2007
I'll probably keep watching this, but I'll have to get subs other than Philanthropy's crap, how rugby = football, I will never know.
Oct 5, 2007 9:32 AM

Sep 2007
lol really funny episode especially nagisas father ethanol lol

and animation quali is really undescribable the first scene where it from black/white turn into colour was so amazing

really i am looking forward to the next epi
Oct 5, 2007 10:03 AM

Mar 2005
blah blah still in school >_>

will watch in a few hrs
Oct 5, 2007 10:07 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Tenshin said:
and animation quali is really undescribable the first scene where it from black/white turn into colour was so amazing

Yes, I thought so too!

Lol kei. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2007 10:08 AM

Mar 2005
Tenshin said:

hmm...I remember Haruhi did the same thing in episode 1 chronological. dunno if it's any different here, will have to see.
Oct 5, 2007 10:43 AM

Jul 2007
Can't say that I loved it, but it was very cute.
I get the same feeling like kanon 2006 and air, they should do something new...
Oct 5, 2007 10:54 AM

Jun 2007
Saber said:
...I get the same feeling like kanon 2006 and air...

Thats bad xD? If ya ask me, its way to sad that some animes end someday :[

I really liked to first ep - i like the styl, the chars and i hope it will get even better <3 5/5 from me
Oct 5, 2007 11:02 AM

Jul 2007
I loved the first episode, it was very cute and funny^^,
Tomoyo is just pure win^_^, and the lazy-eyed blonde kid Sonohara is just too funny XD
So yeah it looks like a great series as expected and I can't wait for episode 2.
Oct 5, 2007 11:33 AM

Mar 2007
Giving it a shot just to see what all the hype is about. It seems just like any other high school romance... nothing new. The art style is nice, and the voice acting seems nice. Everything else seems so... generic... the character designs are almost the same for any high school romance... seems the protagonist has the same personality as in every romance... everything is so ... repetitive.
Oct 5, 2007 12:40 PM

Sep 2007
I loved the animation in this one. It just shows you how they're still improving greatly. The difference in animation in Kanon and it's 06 version was a really huge difference. I'm liking the story line. Nagisa and Tomoya pretty much live in different worlds from their views on life, and their relation with their family. Can't wait to see how the plot developes and learn more about each character. Too bad it just came out :P going to be a week..

I've been looking forward to this one since the end of Kanon 06. Watched the Philanthropy subs. I'm going to check out the Sprocket sub next.
Oct 5, 2007 1:00 PM

Jul 2007
Just watched the first episode and it was pretty nice.
Mostly I don't like this kinda genre's but I think because of this one (and another one it will change) because the charackters are nice so far the design is nice. Well can't wait to see a next episode
Oct 5, 2007 1:49 PM

Mar 2005
Zel said:
Giving it a shot just to see what all the hype is about. It seems just like any other high school romance... nothing new. The art style is nice, and the voice acting seems nice. Everything else seems so... generic... the character designs are almost the same for any high school romance... seems the protagonist has the same personality as in every romance... everything is so ... repetitive.

but it's not a romance, at least not primarily. it's more about family than anything. stick with it :)
Oct 5, 2007 2:01 PM

Mar 2007
Ahh, the subs for Philantrophy suck, next time I'll switch.. It left a pretty good first impression for me, but wtf is up with the ending song? XDD Dango dango..
Oct 5, 2007 2:39 PM

Dec 2006
Twas okay. Not really the thing I'm into watching... But it looks promising.

But yeah. I've had... anpan (right?) before... it's yummy... And I like Nagisa's family. :3
Oct 5, 2007 3:22 PM

Sep 2007
Looks like it will be entertaining, I was quite pleased with the addition of color they did in the first scene, that makes for a very cool effect. Also, I can agree that Philanthropy suck.
Oct 5, 2007 3:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well Static-Subs and Eclipse just released their sub so there should be no doubt about which sub to watch. :3

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2007 3:44 PM

Jul 2007
That was quite entertaining. The characters seemed pretty good(especially that ass-kicking girl who's name i forgot), the art was nice and the voice acting seemed good. I'm looking forward to the rest.

And i'll probably switch group for the next subs since philantrophy's was meh.
Oct 5, 2007 4:30 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Guu!

Just had to watch it again, damn Nagisa's really cute. The show has good humor, can't wait for more!!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2007 4:50 PM

May 2007
Even though it is not my favourite type of anime, I definitely love it so far =) Will follow this for sure. GUU ~!
Oct 5, 2007 6:10 PM

Feb 2007
First episode was quite interesting. I'll continue to watch, but I need to find Eclipse's subs next time. Forced to watch Philanthropy subs. :(
Oct 5, 2007 7:48 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Too early for me to say, but I'll definitely check out episode 2 :) As a few people said, loved the addition of color in the first scene.
Oct 5, 2007 8:11 PM

Apr 2007
I was a little worried about how this would turn out, but episode 1 was really good. Some of the scenes were amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2007 8:45 PM

Jun 2007
I really enjoyed this. Everything from the animation, to the characters, and even the humor were great. Also Nagisa's dad is just freaking awesome.
Oct 5, 2007 9:06 PM

Jul 2007
I really enjoyed the first episode (the opening scene with the color addition was amazing). The animation was superb and it looks like it's going to be a very interesting show. Gotta love the characters (especially Nagisa's father, he's full of win) and the humor in it was great.

Really looking forward to the episode.
Oct 5, 2007 10:44 PM

May 2007
Love the animation, characters, and the overall presentation. Looking forward for more~
Oct 6, 2007 12:13 AM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
Well Static-Subs and Eclipse just released their sub so there should be no doubt about which sub to watch. :3
yup got me some h264 kyoani sexiness :D

Love the style. I wonder how they ever made Lucky star (though Lucky star was artistic in it's own simple way.. at least I found).

The typical High School delinquents made me laugh. :D

All of the characters seem win in their own way so far, which is good!

edit: Yet I can't wait to pick my favourite one. I have my ideas but..
Oct 6, 2007 1:32 AM
Apr 2006
Horrible... horrible anime, moving on.
Oct 6, 2007 3:16 AM

Apr 2007
Watched the first ep a few hours ago, looks like it may actually be able to pass kanon for me, lets see... Hope its not longer than 13 eps...

Cant wait for more~! ^^
oh yeah, love the ed too!!! <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2007 6:16 AM

Jul 2007
that was really good for a first ep,
but the begining was a lot like Haruhi
Oct 6, 2007 7:07 AM
Jul 2007
I really enjoyed the first episode. Kyou and Tomoyo are great characters to develop from and Nagisa's family are really funny...Bleh no widescreen til the end of the month.

As for the fansub groups, I say it's between Sprocket and Eclipse, and Philanthropy no doubt comes last.

Oct 6, 2007 11:05 AM

Jul 2007
Normally I don't like Key stories, and all I can enjoy is the art and the characters but even though this is quite similar to their other works it's actually gotten off to a good start. (Much more effective, it seems. Perhaps it's because of the themes. Despite the haze of perfect which is sort of bothering me).

But it'd be nice to see a Key work that might make my top 20, even if it's too early to say anything xD
Oct 6, 2007 1:41 PM
May 2007
Ethanol... hmm... an anime interested in the global warming? *weird thoughts that came in my head while watching* lol

Nice episode, watched the Eclipse one.
looking forward for next episode.

Shots:

(last image) She's my favorite character so far <3 so beautiful

Edit: ewww o_o My own blog owned me in the first image
lol
more screens: http://ketsui.animeblogger.net/2007/10/06/clannad-01/
a
Oct 6, 2007 1:48 PM
Sep 2006
Got around to watching it last night with SS-Eclipse subs. I thought it was a wonderful introduction to the series, and I'm already waiting for more. The animation was striking, definitely filled a nice first impression. Go Key/Kyoto Animation~! :)

Blogged by me here
Oct 6, 2007 5:53 PM

Mar 2005
obviously I love this show already. a few notes:

Watching the first half of the episode was especially awesome for me because it plays out almost word for word, picture for picture the same as the original game. Everything KyoAni did was faithful, from the title screens being exactly the same to the actual conversations between Nagisa and Tomoya. In fact, after watching the first ep I listened to the OST of the Clannad game, and it turns out the music comes out in the EXACT SAME ORDER as the tracks for the first parts of the ep. I knew KyoAni was faithful but this was the first time I actually experienced it because I didn't play Air or Kanon before those adaptations. ^^

Nagisa and her family are so awesome. such a happy family. those who are dismissing clannad already as just another romance need to know that both Nagisa and Tomoya's families are given a lot of attention in this first episode for a good reason.

It's official, in the world of Visual Art's/Key, the mothers are always either just as hot or hotter than their daughters. Sanae = next MILF?

Kyou and Ryou Fujibayashi are the new (old actually, since the original game predates Lucky Star) Kagami and Tsukasa Hiiragi. Purple hair, long/short, same personalities. well, Kyou's much more violent than Kagami xD

Tomoyo is awesome. 'nuff said. :D

can't wait next week for Kotomi. Mamiko Noto ftw~
Fuuko is also pretty cute but is the airhead of the series at first.
Oct 6, 2007 9:22 PM

Jun 2007
That first ep was kinda cute. It sorta felt like Kanon... thats good cause i love Kanon. This is probably gonna be one of those depresing stories... :P
I laughed my ass off so hard when the girls mom said
ETERNAL and the dad said OH YES ETHANOL!! XD

Oct 6, 2007 9:30 PM

Jul 2007
I wish they wouldn't make all their characters perfect... really. But meh, what to do?
Oct 6, 2007 9:42 PM

Apr 2007
I just cant get enough of the ed. I absulutly love it.
Oct 6, 2007 10:51 PM

Mar 2005
oh and the Okazaki Tomoya Eternal part, I wonder if that was a reference to Eternal Fighter Zero XD
Oct 6, 2007 10:58 PM

Nov 2006
Nagisa's dad FTW.

[00:56] <Furukawa_Nagisa> yes windy, clannad has a yaoi ending
[00:57] <windy[clannad]> omfg
[00:57] <Furukawa_Nagisa> where tomoya knocks up sunohara

suddenly I am more interested!
Oct 7, 2007 2:25 PM

Aug 2007
I've been looking forward to this series since Kanon ended earlier this year. That said, I watched this last night and thought it was pretty slow going until Tomoya stumbled into Nagisa's family bakery. At that point it took off and I really enjoyed it. Now I'm really looking forward to the next episode -- hopefully it'll be as good from the get go! ^^
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

442 by Viipers7810 »»
Apr 5, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

158 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 4, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.