Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 6, 2015 7:29 AM

Mar 2015
Tomoya!!! don't choose work over girlfriend....sigh.

Sanae reaction is always fun to see everytime.
Nov 12, 2015 12:08 AM
Jan 2015
that lightsaber duel is awesome indeed !!

I miss Sunohara already :(
Jan 30, 2016 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
I got quickly used to the fact that no more school time is shown, although I miss it a little bit now. You know, like the time Tomoya had with Sunohara at his dorm...

But it is quite interesting to see the plot now and Tomoyas life view. :)
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Mar 13, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2016
Man i'm starting to feel sad for Nagisa. That gym scene where nobody was helping her was just sad.
Mar 17, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2015
Such an inspiring episode. Seeing Tomoya work so hard made me realize something. You need to work hard in order to get closer to your goals. I'm such a lazy bum for not knowing this sooner orz

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 19, 2016 9:48 PM

Mar 2014
Everything will be fine because there are so many good people around you ~ .
Nagisa and Yoshino-san are both examples of that ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2016 12:14 PM

Nov 2014
it's kind of bugging me that these two haven't even kissed... she is practically living with him! despite this, surprisingly, the romance is quite immersive.
Nov 16, 2016 5:35 PM

Jun 2014
The tension is already building up. All this time I assumed people were being overdramatic about this shows ending; but now im starting to feel like this may actually hit like a train at the end.
Mar 24, 2017 11:04 AM

May 2016
Tomoya is working his butt off to his limits, and poor Nagisa all alone in that school without friends waking Tomoya up and making breakfast and dinner for him, I can feel them (T^T)
Mar 27, 2018 9:10 AM
Jun 2017
I love this episode as it SHOWN WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM MANY ARE FACING RIGHT NOW!!! WORK VS LOVE? im so sure many are related to this one... what to prioritize first , is it our work or the love.

It also shown how it is having a hard time for a couple to have a time at each other because of work related stuff...

REALISTIC EPISODE!!! GREAT!!! can they survive this kind of set up? Hmmm!!! So excited about this one...
Aug 19, 2018 4:44 PM
Apr 2018
Very nice episode. I think everyone canr relate (or at least being reminded) of their first day at work. Tomoya will eventually realize that he doesn't have to put his work before everything else.
May 23, 2019 11:31 AM

Mar 2017
I swear, this arc is touching me a lot more than all others that came before. I know how distraught I was when I screwed up at my job a few times. And I remember people telling me not to worry. And I remember telling others who screwed up and caused some problems to not worry because it's all fine. And not having time is so relatable, even if I don't have a girlfriend.

As far as drama is concerned, Clannad might be overdoing it a bit. But as for the slice-of-life elements, it's the best I've seen so far. I usually hate SoL but I can't help but be totally engrossed in the story of these characters, as mundane as it may be.

Lovin' it!
Jul 10, 2019 10:47 PM

Feb 2017
Nagisa is adorable, but, also kind of dumb? She sounded like such a simpleton when she was singing the Founders' Festival "song" while preparing dinner.
Jul 26, 2019 10:53 AM
Apr 2016
Haha, they're going through a tough ride, however both he and Nagisa are patient and reasonable with each other. Beautiful. Work is tough sometimes.
Sep 28, 2019 8:47 AM

Feb 2019
The first thing that came to mind midway as I was watching was how REALISTIC this episode in particular feels. It really feels like an actual SLICE OF LIFE. There's nothing extraordinary or exaggerated, it just feels like the daily grind of life. But it doesn't make it seem like an endless, slaving-away grind but just... life. I haven't encountered a show that does this as well as Clannad: After Story.

These two are so heartwarming and feels like they're already married. They should just marry as soon as Nagisa graduates because really they look like it. Can't wait to watch more!

P.S Nagisa is definitely wife material. Best wife.

P.P.S. thumbs up to Okazaki for getting points with the in-laws lol
Mar 12, 2020 8:30 PM

Jul 2016
Tomoya receiving his own official work card with his name on it kinda touched me, not gonna lie.

Ok so leaving aside the unnecessary comedy skit with Sanae and Akio, this was a wonderful episode overall. Tomoya is doing his best at his job and I gotta respect the sense of responsibility he has with it. His work environment also seems friendly enough so I'm glad there won't be some dumb drama with co-workers being jealous of him for some reason and stuff.
Aug 12, 2020 9:27 AM
Jul 2020
Clannad is so good every episode is as good if not better then the previous is amazing
Sep 4, 2020 5:11 PM

May 2020
Tomoya working hard. It is very interesting seeing this. I was used to seeing a classroom environment. Its not bad. Its a breath of fresh air.
Nov 18, 2020 3:36 PM

Apr 2014
Nagisa is such a nice girl.
When her parents were running on the street, I genuinely held my breath for a moment due to a feeling they would be run over by a car.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Feb 13, 2021 12:33 PM

Apr 2017
I love how understanding Yoshino is, best bro.

Nagisa is the best wife, understanding and supportive, still, Tomoya needs to make up to her for not going to the festival.
cunnysseur
Mar 11, 2021 12:59 PM
Mar 2021
I really enjoyed this episode I gave it a 5/5. What I especially liked in this episode and in the last one is how realistic it is. Having to go to work last minute and cancel plans, as Okazaki did, is something that happens a lot, especially if you're new to the job. Yes, I feel bad for Nagisa because she is lonely but she is an understanding and supporting girlfriend and I don't think this will negatively impact their relationship. I am starting to miss some of the side characters though even though they graduated and are all doing their own things.
Nov 10, 2021 11:48 PM

May 2020
What a disaster of an episode lol. Clannad AS seems to have a lot of hit or miss episodes compared to the first season unfortunately. All episode builds up that they dont spend time together, and when they finally have a chance to.... he blows it off for what? To help out on a job his superior told him he clearly wasnt needed for? Also why the fuck did it take him all day to finish one job that he was able to somehow finish easily the night before.

It almost feels like they had no idea what to do for the Founders Festival, and so they found a lame excuse not to show it. Clannad AS is plagued by poor pacing and story preparing. Most episodes do not flow together at all, and this one in particular is just so odd.
Jan 18, 2022 3:32 PM

Jan 2016
Despite trashing this anime for the first 8 eps and the first season, I am starting to like it now. This is what this show needed from the start. Feels like we are finally focusing on what we are supposed to be focusing on
May 12, 2022 6:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You can just feel that we are slowly building up to the big guns that will be unleashed later on.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 7, 2022 1:39 AM

Jul 2021
Anxiety- the episode.

Oh man how I love seeing them act like husband and wife. Tomoya coming home from work, Nagisa ready with dinner. So cute, show me more of this.

This episode was too much for my fragile kokoro, can't believe a single epsiode caused me so much anxiety.
TsutanaiFuunJul 7, 2022 1:53 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 19, 2022 2:07 PM
Feb 2021
My guy is trying really hard to just be an electrician. I do really wonder if Nagisa will ever get tired of this type of behavior, but she's not very assertive so... In some ways its nice of her, but I really do think Tomoya needs to make this up
Mar 6, 2023 7:40 AM
Feb 2023
Ah I died on the inside when he felt like he needed to fix his mistake. Life sucks sometime :(
Jul 2, 2023 11:44 PM

Jun 2021
Yoshino and Okazaki look like bros, also the lightsaber fight between the old man and the father of nagisa peak shonen
I guess how nagisa feels about okazaki going late to the date but they see each other almost every day so i know why she dont seem sad
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jul 24, 2023 7:07 PM

Apr 2021
Going out with Akio on the weekend sucks,poor tomoya-kun, he had to accept what the old man said, I thought it was really funny when they did that to the old man's wife.

Tomoya always doing the good work every week, and also doesn't leave Nagisa helpless, he's always worrying, it makes me feel sorry.even with only one arm he is strong.
Oct 17, 2023 6:42 AM

Mar 2018
Tomoya is literally the best character ever created. Whenever he cries, I cry. Whenever he's happy, I cry.

3rd rewatch and the river I create with my tears only gets bigger every time.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.