Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2008 11:26 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay, so it didn't continue where we left Michiko, it just shows us where Hatchin went. Apparently she went to Perna where a statue of the Virgin Mary grants wishes whenever it cries blood. Problem is, Hatchin ran out of money and can't get around, so she winds up sleeping on park benches like a homeless person. She wakes up finding herself used as a pawn by a girl named Rita who is trying to get rid of a boy stalking her.

After some mistunderstandings about Hatchin's gender, they get to know each other by going out to eat and sightseeing. It is during the sightseeing that Rita reveals she doesn't believe in the Our Lady of the Bloody Tears.

Long story short, Rita is a circus acrobat who is in love with her older partner, Jino, who already is involved with another woman. The usual heartbreak happens and a desperate, Rita changes her mind over Bloody Mary, but finds out that workers replace the statue whenever it gets broken. In the end, Hatchin with nowhere really to go decides to stay on with Rita. The end.

=====

Well, not as badass as the last episode, and it leaves us hanging waiting for the conclusion of this arc. We do see the depth of Hatchin's resentment towards Michiko as she throws away that note the latter left for the former and the decision not to go back even when she saw the news bulletin that the police are after her in a sting. Episode was alright, but I felt it got in the way of Michiko's conclusion to the last episode.
Dec 13, 2008 3:28 AM

Jun 2008
It was kinda boring episode and they still didnt show us what happened to michiko.
Dec 13, 2008 7:52 AM

Jul 2008
good episode, not really deep or anything but.....hatchin joins the circus.....anyway i so don't see where the whole "plot" is going.....
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Dec 13, 2008 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
Very weird episode. Each time I think the show gets on some kind of track, or some good momentum, they throw in these weird curveballs. I'm starting to thing that this show is more of a visual showpiece than it is actually plot driven.
Dec 13, 2008 4:41 PM

Feb 2008
Hm... this episode was okay.
No Michiko. Well, TBH I didn't miss her this time. :P
Dec 13, 2008 9:05 PM

Apr 2007
nice ep. loved the hug scene. <3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 14, 2008 2:17 AM
Dec 2007
Even if we could think that the plot isn't developping, I guess that this episode will be pretty important in the end since this time, Hatchin definitely chose her path away from Michi (huhu). On top of that, the episode was great !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 14, 2008 4:23 AM

Dec 2007
Heh, ok episode. I didn't really care about any of the characters they introduced this time though..
Dec 14, 2008 8:14 AM
Dec 2007
It was an okay episode. Needed more Michiko.
So can't wait to see what Hana will do after joining the circus.
Dec 14, 2008 9:13 AM

May 2008
A much better episode than the last couple. It's nice to have Hatchin back in the spotlight, especially considering Michiko has been hindering my enjoyment of this show immensely lately. I can only take so much fiery tempered, act before you think irresponsibility before it just gets annoying.
Dec 14, 2008 9:19 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Interesting episode, but I hope Michiko comes to pick up Hana soon.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 14, 2008 5:38 PM

Feb 2008
I was expecting the continuation of episode 8 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt rather nice episode with Hatchin and a 10 year old circus performer. So Hatchin joins the circus and Michiko's in trouble?
Dec 14, 2008 6:13 PM

Oct 2007
lol kinda funny how that Davis guy still got killed even after winning the game. Yea this was a little out of nowhere and I wonder what they are going to do with this.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 14, 2008 6:26 PM

Oct 2007
I loved Hatchin and Rita's relationship it was really cute. I missed Michiko though even though she seriously upset me last episode .

sidenote: No one mentioned when Rita randomly said she thought her tampon string was hanging out o.0
Dec 15, 2008 1:54 AM

Nov 2007
what a weird and different development. im not even sure what to make of it.

edit: i lmao when she said that bit about the tampon string. also was it just me or did rita remind anyone else of michiko.
Dec 15, 2008 6:45 AM

Nov 2007
crazy_eights said:
what a weird and different development. im not even sure what to make of it.

Def agree, no clue where this anime is really going.

Love the part where hana slapped the kid with the glasses, he needed that one, LoL
Dec 15, 2008 7:02 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It's 22 eps, how boring would it be if each episode would go hand-in-hand with the next/previous one? I like the way it's going, really enjoying it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 15, 2008 10:01 AM

Jun 2008
The conclusion of Michiko's story should've been dealt with before this episode, the momentum's been disrupted.
Dec 15, 2008 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
kie_ said:
It was kinda boring episode and they still didnt show us what happened to michiko.
Michiko escaped and is currently on the run. Thus says the TV.

Whereas last ep was badass, this one had good character development. I think Rita may stay around for a while.
crazy_eights said:
also was it just me or did rita remind anyone else of michiko.
Yes.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 16, 2008 3:21 AM

Apr 2007
Brilliant episode once again. I have absolutely no idea where this is going, and I love that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2008 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
It was like they were trying to make the most detestable brat when they made Hatchin. I have to downgrade my rating of this anime to a 5/10 because she is so terribly unbearable, and that is just wrong since this is a quality anime...this episode was awful ahhhh
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Dec 16, 2008 9:38 PM

Sep 2007
Rampant said:
It was like they were trying to make the most detestable brat when they made Hatchin. I have to downgrade my rating of this anime to a 5/10 because she is so terribly unbearable, and that is just wrong since this is a quality anime...this episode was awful ahhhh

Both Michiko and Hatchin can be unbearable in their own way, although I tend to side with Hachin more often than not.

Dec 17, 2008 9:31 AM

Nov 2007
Well Michiko is at least just your typical big-titted, bold and brash heroine; Hatchin is always a brat or a pity case. I hate when a major storyline is 'little brat with no backbone learns to live happily and with a little more backbone!!' It is why I rated Eureka Seven a 3 or 4 and will be the reason that I rate this a 3 or 4 if it keeps going this direction :(
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Dec 17, 2008 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Rampant said:
Well Michiko is at least just your typical big-titted, bold and brash heroine; Hatchin is always a brat or a pity case. I hate when a major storyline is 'little brat with no backbone learns to live happily and with a little more backbone!!' It is why I rated Eureka Seven a 3 or 4 and will be the reason that I rate this a 3 or 4 if it keeps going this direction :(
Hatchin has both a strong moral compass and a backbone, highly unusual for an anime character. As we're currently seeing, she can pretty much support herself. She's just not quite street-wise enough.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 17, 2008 10:54 PM

Sep 2008
hmm this episode was ok, i was really hoping for the next bit of the plot though. i guess the whole point is for hatchin to be travelling away from michiko, and guess they wanted to make more of a story behind it so i don't blame them.
Dec 19, 2008 1:14 AM

Sep 2007
Rampant said:

That is what MAKES her unbearable; why do you think she's any less than Hatchin?

I think one of the reasons viewers love Michiko is for her physical assets- she certainly doesn't show much character depth, but I hope I'll be proved wrong later in the series. Michiko's fun, and I do like her sometimes, but the creators need to dig deep.
Dec 20, 2008 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
love this episode we learn about the person in hatchin how she feels, and she made new friends like this anime so far.
Dec 22, 2008 2:22 PM

Aug 2008
I actually enjoyed this episode - I admit I was looking forward to a conclusion for Michiko's visit to Satoshi, but Hana's relationship with Rita was lovely.
Besides, the last few episodes had Michiko and Hana fighting 24/7. This is some fresh air - Michiko has to be worried about Hana, do you remember they she looked at the tram on episode 8?
Mar 9, 2009 4:26 AM

Jan 2008
Why havent I dropped this crap yet?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 18, 2009 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
Surprise surprise, episode didn't follow up with what happened to Michiko :T
Still, this was a nice episode about Hana.
Apr 6, 2009 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
What the fuck, I loved this episode. Hatchin's friend was really cute. I like this story paaace.
May 1, 2009 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
I was really keen on when Michiko and Hatchin were together, but now I'm a little bored. I gave 4 this episode. Like circus :)

Sep 6, 2009 5:26 PM

May 2009
Seems to be losing promise quite quickly, this. For some reason, even with the great art and music and potentially great character development opportunities, there seems to be no real direction, and even though the episodes are a little linked, it just seems disjointed. Perhaps it would be better if it were simply episodic.
Mar 3, 2010 5:26 PM

Aug 2009
cyruz said:
It's 22 eps, how boring would it be if each episode would go hand-in-hand with the next/previous one? I like the way it's going, really enjoying it.

I second that.

Aug 4, 2010 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Very weird episode. Each time I think the show gets on some kind of track, or some good momentum, they throw in these weird curveballs. I'm starting to thing that this show is more of a visual showpiece than it is actually plot driven.

This show has never been plot driven, it's character driven, and thus it makes this episode okay. Not great, but it wasn't that bad.
Jun 15, 2011 6:21 AM

May 2008
Rampant said:

That's funny, she's basically the only reason I picked this anime back up after several years at all.

/lolicon

I love how I'm responding to something from 2 years ago.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 29, 2011 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
So Davi still ended up dying...
Apr 8, 2012 7:28 PM

Jan 2012
whist i enjoyed hachin being the main focus.... i felt this episode should have been later on... they should have concluded with the last one, now the momentum has just failed, and its like were at snail pace... the way the story is being told is confusing me, and tbh isn't logical yet i still enjoy it xD damn it... *loads episode 10*
Apr 11, 2012 2:18 AM

May 2008
Michiko and Hatchin is getting further apart. Im starting to love this show more now. At first i was a little hesitant to watch it for some reason. Now i just side through the whole series no worries XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 5, 2012 9:43 AM

Jul 2011
i cant stand hatchin with michiko

"your hair looks like candy"
that made me lol so hard
Sep 6, 2012 3:22 PM

Dec 2009
Awww man, hatchin runs away with the circus. Back to Michiko next?
Such junk...
Mar 16, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2012
Rope + Bare hands = all totally fine - yea that bothered me...

Now that Michiko ain't in it, it feels like the development and pace really dropped by a lot... I do hope we'll see something better than just side stories...
Mar 21, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 2012
I love the episode even if that is a 'side story'. Hope for more circus episodes!
And more circus's anime!
The show of Rita and Gino was really really short though :/ too short, and quite dissapointing.
Aug 1, 2013 6:38 AM

Jun 2012
Kinda ironic how she introduces herself as Hana to forget about Michiko when she hated the name because it reminded her of her foster parents.
Sep 27, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode and was totally unexpected.

Ha it was funny that Rita thought she was a dude, first time that's happened.
Dec 3, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2009
So . . . Now she is going to travel with Circus people? Kind of missing the whole dynamic with Hatchin and Michiko but oh well.
Jan 4, 2014 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
So Hatchin is running away to the circus? Looks like there will be two separate story lines for now.
Jun 19, 2014 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
awwhh they ditched last ep
Nov 4, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2013
JadeMatrix said:
Rampant said:
Hatchin has both a strong moral compass and a backbone, highly unusual for an anime character. As we're currently seeing, she can pretty much support herself. She's just not quite street-wise enough.

Quoting a 6-year old comment. I agree with you :p Kind of surprising she's turned out "well" considering how f*cked up her environment was growing up.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 4, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
people seem to forget hatchin is also the main character here.
u gay
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

241 by superwaha »»
Feb 27, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.