Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 11, 2013 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
Oh nice :D First, when comes the new Manga chapters out? You know a release Date? And an Anime from Nozoki Ana? You mean this 1 Episode? Or2? Or a complete Anime from Nozoki Ana? This would be great :D
But another Question :D Who do you like most? And they are Characters, from you doesn't know, how they develop? As Exampel Yuri Kotobiki... I was shocked as i read that she has got another boyfriend... Cause i liked her very much :D And at the end... i liked her again...because i feel sorry for her... And i dont know actually why xD And what happend with Madoka? I think i dont understand that ... xD
I hope you understand my bad english...sry comes from germany ;D
Oct 11, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
There is one OVA of Nozoki Ana. It is almost an hour and covers the first 20 or so chapters. I hope they do more, would be great if they could do all the way to this chapter but that could be about 4 more OVAs and I doubt that will happen.

I love Kido and Emiru really! Those I shipped since the first chapter and I'm so glad they finally got together after all that time.

The chapters of Nozo x Kimi, I read in Japanese so they are coming out regularly now. Not sure about translations as I don't use them.
Oct 15, 2013 5:50 AM
Oct 2013
Wait someone help what does makiko mean when she says 3 months along?
Oct 15, 2013 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
YukiKazuto said:
Wait someone help what does makiko mean when she says 3 months along?
I think she is pregnant, wasn't drinking alcohol at the party.
Oct 15, 2013 6:18 AM
Oct 2013
But what does this mean? I thought she didn't swing that way
Oct 15, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
YukiKazuto said:
Doesn't seem to say any more than what is here. Not sure if it is implied that she has grown up, grown out of that or what. It doesn't actually say she is pregnant but I don't know what else holding your belly and saying 3 months can possibly mean?!?!?

She seems to leave with Yoneyama but just a friend or more doesn't seem to be explicitly spelled out.
hpulleyOct 15, 2013 7:05 AM
Oct 15, 2013 7:46 AM
Oct 2013
Did anyone else find it interesting that throughout the whole series after the breakup with Yuri Kotobiki, she did not once say "I'm Sorry" or "Forgive me for using you" to Tatsuhiko? When i think about that fact i get really angry inside.
Oct 16, 2013 6:17 AM

Jul 2013
YukiKazuto said:

It's implied that she is pregnant and that she is with Yoneyama. She's not a lesbian. If anything she was bi-curious.
Dec 10, 2013 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
IT'S HERE!!!! FINAL CHAPTER
Dec 10, 2013 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
As requested, the difference in the translations:

hpulley:

""I was really selfish and I'm sorry. Selfish and alone. I... had hoped to be a normal girl, but not with stylish clothes and accessories, not having my spirit affected by praise, romantic words and expressions. I didn't want to be forever searching until it hurts for another you... so Kido kun..." she says with her hand coming up."

Japanzai:

""I'm sorry for having been so selfish. But I have just one more selfish request for you. Other girls all wish for fancy clothes and accessories, but for me, none of that matters. I don't need you to be suave...I don't need you to even be romantic with me. I only want to indulge in continuing to watch you as I have. If I can do that, I don't need anything else."
Dec 10, 2013 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
"With pleasure!"

Yay for a happy ending although I thought it was a bit predictable. Overall, 6/10. This was a nice ride though.
Dec 10, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2013
That was a nice ending. Looks like Makiko is pregnant, and Madoka got together with Seiji.
Dec 10, 2013 11:08 AM

Sep 2008
Gah, the rushed ending/time skip thingy is the only blemish in this awesome manga! D:
Dec 10, 2013 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A bit rushed to be honest towards the end. Much better at the beggining and the middle. but overall an entertaining read.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 10, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2009
What an amazing manga. I started this manga almost exactly 1 year ago. I remember during the winter break, I went on a marathon reading the first 100 chapters within a few days. It was painful to wait for Japanzai's releases throughout the year. I think the manga really fell off track near the mid-end. It became stale and that's why I think it quickly drew to a close. Nonetheless, the ending was nothing revolution but it was at least satisfactory. Overall, 8/10.
KurogashiDec 10, 2013 2:18 PM
Dec 10, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
This series was amazing! I have been reading Nozoki Ana for years now I do not even know when I picked it up. It has been an emotional ride with this manga and I loved every bit of it. This was fantastic overall but I cannot wait for Nozoki Ana 2 The Huge Family Edition to come out.

Great chapter and series.
Dec 10, 2013 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
Great series. Really really enjoyed it. Felt many emotions through it all, sadness, happiness, anger, many feelings. We really saw Kido and Emiru grow up. Went through many hardships, him hating her and hating to peep. To loving and understanding who she really is. Going to miss this series, thank you Nozoki Ana!
Dec 10, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
almost cry reading the ending, good manga
Dec 11, 2013 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
Finally. Totally loved the ending. But i'm curious about what she said in the omake.. Nozoki Ana 2?

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 11, 2013 3:35 AM

Sep 2012
Choroshi said:
Finally. Totally loved the ending. But i'm curious about what she said in the omake.. Nozoki Ana 2?
I think Nozomi x Kimio is what was meant by Nozoki Ana 2 unless they meant OVA 2 as an OVA came with volume 13.
Dec 11, 2013 6:15 AM

Oct 2009
Thank you. For anyone involved in the scanlation, the creation or the distribution of the manga, for every reader, for everyone who dropped it, for anyone who even just heard of Nozoki Ana, I am thankful. I enjoyed the uncertainty of the translation throughout the years, I enjoyed having my heart broken due to my favorite character getting involved in an utterly painful netorare situation, I am thankful for everything. I did not regret one moment of me reading this series.
Because I had fun reading it. And for all those who provided that fun, I'm thankful!

Seriously, though. Thanks!
mwpDec 11, 2013 6:22 AM
Dec 11, 2013 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
hpulley said:
Choroshi said:
I think Nozomi x Kimio is what was meant by Nozoki Ana 2 unless they meant OVA 2 as an OVA came with volume 13.

I don't think they were serious. There's rumored to be an OVA 2 but nothing has appeared, as far as I know.
Dec 11, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:
Choroshi said:

I don't think they were serious. There's rumored to be an OVA 2 but nothing has appeared, as far as I know.
Yes, the parts about Emiru having 3 kids. There could be a peephole to the nursery instead of the bedroom LOL
Dec 12, 2013 7:15 AM
Apr 2011
I love this manga, so sad to see it end, but the ending is just brilliant. Time to start reading Nozomi x Kimio.
Dec 12, 2013 12:41 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good manga, was a good read through, but it eventually had to finish
Dec 13, 2013 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
Loved this manga. An ecchi with sex and romance with char and plot development. It was a pleasant read. I'll miss it for sure.

It's a shame this manga couldn't get a TV series though it's understandable. A lot of the sex easily beats most hentai out there :P
Dec 13, 2013 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Not that great an ending but I liked the manga a lot overall.
Dec 13, 2013 8:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was a fun series to finally marathon after a long time of waiting for the oppotunity to start it.

I really wish there existed more series like this where they don't beat around the bush and actually DO SOMETHING in an intimate sense, and straight from the beginning at that, WITHOUT turning into Hentai.

The entire story felt like a linear 18+ visual novel storyline more than one you'd generally find in a manga which also was nice to see for a change.

9.5/10 overall for the sake of originality, enjoyment and great character development. Great series, really liked it.
HaXXspettenDec 13, 2013 9:58 AM
Dec 13, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2012
I agree, this is my favorite seinen romance manga ever. Romance, relationships, sadness, happiness, and they actually do it, and show it as far as you can go without getting into trouble for importing it. Absolutely love it. Glad we have Nozomi x Kimio.
Dec 13, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2011
Well I think we can finally close this one, it's been a fun ride!
Dec 17, 2013 6:01 AM

Aug 2012
Such a great series. I didn't expect it to be of this caliber initially, but wow... I literally read this for the plot.
8/10
Dec 23, 2013 1:23 PM

Feb 2011
Awesome manga , so many feels. 9/10 overall

Now waiting for Nozoki Ana 2 xD
Dec 26, 2013 1:43 PM

Oct 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Awesome manga , so many feels. 9/10 overall

Now waiting for Nozoki Ana 2 xD

quit waiting. she was just joking. even male MC said.
Dec 29, 2013 1:04 AM

Jul 2013
9/10

This is the first manga I've read and it sure was a good one. Absolutely couldn't stop reading, and finished it in 2 days. Such a good story all these feels.
Dec 30, 2013 12:31 AM

Sep 2012
It is finally finished, all 117 chapters. Was really good. I'm going to miss this manga but I think in the extra chapter it said there was going to be a Nozoki Ana 2. I hope they weren't joking.
Dec 30, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
9/10
Great manga overall
Dec 30, 2013 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
can someone explain why Emiru disappeared for a year
Jan 15, 2014 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
i am going to miss this manga goodbye my friend Nozoki Ana
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Jan 18, 2014 3:13 AM

Mar 2013
Really good manga. I even read till 4 in the morning without realizing it.
Glad Emiru and Kido are still together but the ending is kind of predictable though.
Hope to see more great manga from the author.
Jan 19, 2014 9:04 PM

Apr 2010
I feel like there wasn't any reason for her to leave for a year.
Jan 21, 2014 2:01 PM
Oct 2010
I hated the chapter 116 so much that even after the happy ending I feel angry.
Jan 22, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Aioros said:
I hated the chapter 116 so much that even after the happy ending I feel angry.

Give it time. It takes awhile to get over that gut wrenching chapter. When it was originally released ALOT of people were pissed. I think it's a testament to the author that people didn't see that coming.

I could have done without her leaving but I think it fit the character and I felt the author made a persuasive argument for her leaving. It's a cliche but it fit the story.
Feb 22, 2014 9:33 PM

Oct 2013
I hated it when Emiru left. Glad she still obeyed the rule. Overall, it was very good. 8/10
Feb 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
The ending was realy the worst...

I can't believe Emiru realy did change into such a boring character..

I ALMOST SAW THAT TWIST during the bed scene back then, I thought her motives for real were something else... but NO, all my dreams about this becoming the twisted masterpiece are in ruins...

A pathetic ending to an amazing series, still 10/10 for sheer enjoyment first 90 chapters or so brought, though!

I did run through the series in a single day, you get the enjoyment for sure! Back when I was at 60 or so, I was thinking of insta favoriting it and 10 staring, I mean there aren't that many awesome ecchi/hentai series with amazing turnabouts, excellent writing and a story that touches your very soul!

I am now happy that I didn't favorite it, even though I love hentai and ecchi, I still loved the philosophy of this manga too much to favorite it now, author just put together all the 100 chapters of sheer masterpiece in a ball and threw the mixed mass into a trash bin, revealing the remaining chapters..

At the very least, I wish there never was that 117 chapter.. That chapter 116 was like a miracle, just when I lost all hopes! A complete turnaround, the best ending the manga can possibly ever get, the infinite amount of wisdom, where emiru would be a symbol, a muse, who helped a kind and naive guy find himself in this dark world.. a ray of light, shining through the hole in the wall.. It's impossible to describe just how many ways you could interpret that ending..

But even my last, only hope was ruined by that cursed 117th chapter, nothing worse to make you sad, than finding a masterpiece gem, when you already thought you watched all anime masterpieces and was close to finishing the potential manga masterpieces, and then end up being disappointed in the end... D:
I just wish someone warned me to stop reading at 116th..

And with that told, maybe someone with a fate less cruel than my own, will incidentally stumble upon this masterpiece and read this comment before finishing the series, I will warn you with all caps:
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS MASTERPIECE END PATHETICALLY SIMPLE AND HAPPY GO LUCKY LIKE 90% OF OTHER MANGA DOES, IMMEDIATELY STOP READING AT 116th CHAPTER, I MEAN IT!
Mar 8, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2008
Ch116 really scared me. Then on the site I was reading this, the last chapter was called Omake. Not sure if troll or what. Read it, much happier now. Though I think the ending could probably have been a lot more... impactful? Felt kinda weak. Shoulda had one final sex scene or something.
Mar 21, 2014 9:09 AM

Feb 2013
The pathetic thing was her trying to leave him again on chapter 116. Deal with it. At least they got back. Overall, a pretty decent series but too repetitive at times. I still enjoyed it though, so I'll give it an 8/10.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 6, 2014 10:46 AM
Apr 2009
Thank God this is over!
The last 2 volumes are really bad.
This manga was great in the beggining but after Kotobiki it just went downhill.
The last chapters were really bad.
I should have stopped reading after Kotobiki and imagine the ending myself, I'm sure it would have been more pleasant.
This doesn't desserve more than a 6/10, and I'm just giving a 6 because I really enjoyed the beginning, otherwise I would drop it to a 4 or 5.
Apr 14, 2014 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
Damn. The manga would have a better ending if it stopped at their hotel sex scene or at 116. 116 was so damn heartbreaking for me... just when they got together, they separate again in a flash, I was like "what the fuuuuuuuckk?!". Nonetheless, it was kinda lame that the author only made Emiru disappear for a few pages. He could have squeezed in a few more chapters about the lives of the characters after graduation instead of a 1 year timeskip, this could have mended the small plot holes.

The last chapter was kinda -meh-. It raised a really big question: Where the hell did Emiru go and why did she leave Tatsuhiko for that long? The chapter offered good completion for some parts, but kinda demands answers for other parts. All in all, the series was a good read, 7.5/10 for me, although I rounded-off to 8. A good ecchi series with a good backstory and drama behind it.
May 14, 2014 4:49 PM

Apr 2013
Just marathoned the hell out of this like the others in this thread. I agree with others that the manga definitely lost a bit of steam towards the end but it was still an awesome ride. I'm a softy for happy endings (although I appreciate ones that go against cliches... eventually) so I'm glad that Emiru came back.

Miraculously, I started reading this a while after I watched the OVA. It wasn't good but I got intrigued by the concept. I heard good things about the manga and I was "curious" about starting a series like this. This was my first manga that was really ecchi/had so much sex in it so I didn't know what to expect. However, the story, romance and character development never got lost among all the eye candy. I loved the characters and I couldn't put this down until the very end. 8/10 from me.
May 18, 2014 8:19 AM
May 2012
Yeah....it was an awesome ride :D
I have got a lot of things on my mind right now that I want to say.......but I just can't put it into words T^T
Well, I really enjoyed this Manga. Thank you ^^
I'll read Nozo x Kimi someday because it's still publishing now.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 70 Discussion

Explicitz - Dec 26, 2011

19 by Ssnowyy »»
Mar 16, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 97 Discussion

writtenonclouds - Oct 7, 2012

36 by YankataY »»
Mar 4, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 96 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 30, 2012

34 by YankataY »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 95 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 23, 2012

23 by YankataY »»
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 94 Discussion

Potatoboy27 - Sep 16, 2012

32 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.