Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 14, 2013 7:57 AM
Apr 2012
by the end of this episode's show, I was just like that boat guy and thinkin'... WTF?

oh well, I know this is one of those filler parts most series always do but with much epic fail most often than notb *sighs*

But, fret I not , for I'm still looking forward to next's episode!!!
oretatsu-yabeMar 14, 2013 8:02 AM
Mar 14, 2013 8:28 AM
Oct 2011
Man, just why? The whole episode was lame with nothing worth the time, I feel like I wasted 20 minutes of my life. Like seriously, who didn't think that guy was Variation?

I was also waiting for Shinpachi to appear in the episode, that's what the episode was missing, but then he appeared at the end of the episode. Too late.

My only hope for now is that the staff will connect those episodes together with some other plot-points at the end of the series, they seriously need to do that, like for example the Incognito being like Kon but with lost memories and this episode was their real past, or some kind of a good plot-twist at the end.
Mar 14, 2013 8:38 AM
Jun 2008
This Anime shows us that they are capable of doing old fashion detective show as well and I think its not quiet bad .

I lol at the Osaka running man bill board with wing xD.
Mar 14, 2013 8:43 AM
Feb 2013
WTF is this???!!!!!
Mar 14, 2013 8:59 AM

Jan 2008
I'll be honest, I actually fell asleep this episode.

Rewatched the ending later. My feelings on the episode = what the old man driving the boat said at the end.
Mar 14, 2013 9:07 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
ainky said:
symbv said:
ainky said:
But this doesn't mean that there isn't a main plot.
But the point is - does anybody seriously care about the so-called "main plot"? Calling an episode in this series a "filler episode" implies the main plot is more important. However it is entirely the contrary in this series. The main fun is in what the filler is, not whether it is a filler.
this is just your opinion
And as far as I see in fans' forum it is what most people think. In fact from the interview of the staff, they also say that they did not care much about the main story plot. It seems that whatever opinion you are having, "this is just your opinion" applies more to you because you are among the few who are missing the whole point of the anime even at this late stage. And if you are still looking for a main story plot in this series, I can only feel sorry for your futile effort.

I don't need to search long to find the main plot cuz almost all the episodes followed the main plot. Although this is first a comedy with some nonsense scenes and parodies, the story is following a single plot fine from the first episode that is Kon searching for a way to go back to home, which would continue until the end of the anime, and that's why not everyone enjoyed this episode.
Mar 14, 2013 9:09 AM

Sep 2012
ainky said:
I don't need to search long to find the main plot, almost all the episodes followed the main plot, although this is first a comedy with some nonsense scenes and parodies, the story is following a single plot fine from the first episode that is Kon searching for a way to go back to home, which would continue until the end of the anime, and that's why not everyone enjoyed this episode.
I guess the episodes about how the maid changed sex or how everyone tried to please the princess before she had 3 standing hairs, or where there is karaoke singing all are necessary for the main plot, huh? That is the most stupid comment I have ever heard for this series.
symbvMar 14, 2013 9:13 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 9:11 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
ainky said:
I don't need to search long to find the main plot, almost all the episodes followed the main plot, although this is first a comedy with some nonsense scenes and parodies, the story is following a single plot fine from the first episode that is Kon searching for a way to go back to home, which would continue until the end of the anime, and that's why not everyone enjoyed this episode.
I guess the episodes about how the maid changed sex or how everyone tried to please the princess before she had 3 standing hairs, or where there is karaoke singing all are necessary for the main plot, huh? That is the most stupid comment I have ever heard for this series.

"That is the most stupid comment I have ever heard for this series."[2]
Mar 14, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
ainky said:

Almost all? Almost all episodes are fillers, and I have already counted quite a number and I can go on - the Kon as God and talk about TV games episode, the ED with his fiance episode etc etc. And even those episodes that have parts that link to the "main plot" have lots of filler inside the episode. You think people are having fun and laughing watching this series because of the main plot? Seriously? If you watch this anime and enjoying it because of the "main plot" I guess you are just being weird or just talk nonsense.

I can tell you why a lot of people do not enjoy this episode but love the karaoke or the pandering to the princess episode - because most western viewers never know what 70s detective drama like Taiyou ni Hoero or Tantei Monogatari are like so they cannot find the humor in it. The oldest reference they can think of is just City Hunter, which is not even what this anime is trying to parody.
symbvMar 14, 2013 9:19 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 9:19 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
ainky said:

Almost all? Almost all episodes are fillers, and I have already counted quite a number. You think people are having fun and laughing because of the main plot? Seriously?

I can tell you why a lot of people do not enjoy this episode but love the karaoke or the please the princess episode - because most western viewers never know what 70s detective drama like Taiyou ni Hoero or Tantei Monogatari are like so they cannot find the humor in it. The oldest reference they can think of is just City Hunter, which is not even what this anime is trying to parody.

Though our tastes are different, those episodes have not changed the set as this episode did, and there were the main characters at least.
Mar 14, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
ainky said:

Though our tastes are different, those episodes have not changed the set as this episode did, and there were the main characters at least.
Now you switch your argument about whether it is filler then? OK let's move it to your new position. The ED and his team are still main characters too. We have a couple of episodes that show only ED and his team. Some, like the episode of ED going back home to meet his fiancee, do not even have his whole team in it. On the contrary, this episode has his whole team.

As for changing the set, I would agree that this is one reason why some may not like it -- though I want to say again this is not what you were claiming as the problem with this episode at the beginning. But then they kind of explain this away by saying it is about the past, so it is not as if the present setting is suddenly changed without explanation.

Mar 14, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was so boring I literally fell asleep. Disappointing.
Mar 16, 2013 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
While the joke at the end was funny enough, it took way too long to set up. Most of this episode was really just kinda boring.

I've enjoyed this show, but I must say I'm happy to know it's ending soon.
Mar 17, 2013 5:54 PM
Nov 2011
heh I saw that coming.. It was so obvious, and funny.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 2, 2013 7:58 AM
Feb 2012
Variation's flashback had me in stitches. Been a while since I've laughed watching this show.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 5, 2013 12:24 PM

Nov 2009
Squatta said:
I seriously lost it when Leon said what his favorite anime was

My sentiments exactly. I did a double take cause I couldn't believe my ears=)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 5, 2013 9:54 PM

Oct 2012
Seriously that flashback =="
But what matters is, What happened to Variation?
Sooo different, but I believe he still had it..Ehm..Spot Baldness..Ehm

Roloko said:
Loved it Spot Baldness got trolled so hard. xD

A little boring this week, but still a great episode so 5/5.

2 more episodes left sad to see it end I will miss Incognito so much.

You just got punk'd!

AnimeFan500 said:
LOL!!!! Great episode. Same reaction as the boat driver XD

Yeah that Driver!
Exactly my reaction too. Fourth wall breaker FTW!
"Signature removed"
Apr 18, 2013 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
anyone know the voice actor of the guy giving orders to spot baldness?
May 25, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2009
I never watched criminal dramas like what they parodied. Well... Know I want to.
imho the best ep
May 25, 2014 9:15 AM

Apr 2011
Maybe I should have skip this episode. But its too late.

Not a bad episode.
MagitoMay 25, 2014 9:35 AM
Jan 23, 2015 2:22 AM

Jun 2012
I skipped this ep for my re-watch, don't need to see it all again. First time I watched it I found it boring, but with a great punchline. Now I can just appreciate the punchline again, only this time without being bored for 20 minutes first. 5/5 would skip again.
Apr 22, 2015 11:33 PM

Dec 2013
WTF!? Legend of the Blue Wolf really?
But anyways great parody and music in this episode- motto motto
masowyzgonApr 29, 2015 4:00 PM
Sep 15, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2016
symbv said:
ainky said:
this is just your opinion
And as far as I see in fans' forum it is what most people think. In fact from the interview of the staff, they also say that they did not care much about the main story plot. It seems that whatever opinion you are having, "this is just your opinion" applies more to you because you are among the few who are missing the whole point of the anime even at this late stage. And if you are still looking for a main story plot in this series, I can only feel sorry for your futile effort.

To be honest, at first I was really looking forward to the main plot but when Kon kicked Erec's balls, not once but twice. I laughed so hard that I really didn't care anymore.
May 10, 2022 2:20 PM

Jan 2020
Can't say I cared for this episode, but I've never been a big fan of the whole "noire" thing. I'm all about that fantasy life.

If anything, this episode made me want to play Borderlands again.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2012

39 by Avinash1999 »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

91 by Sebsatian123 »»
Oct 21, 2023 11:37 AM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

53 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2012

87 by EsieEyen »»
Apr 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2012

56 by neeJay »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.