Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2007
WHOA...that's how her (Aika's) name is written?
The characters in her name could directly translate to "Unbreakable Love Flower" or something....which surprisingly is very fitting of her.

But yeah....wow....Aika dies to ultimately cause Hakaze to go against the Tree.... Gawd I'm feeling so sad for Yoshino (ok ok & Mahiro) now.....
I'm probably gonna wait & marathon the last 3 eps now cuz we've kinda reached that sort of 'climax' of it all....I mean...all they gotta do now is Deal with it and beat up that tree.
IkanoMar 7, 2013 7:35 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 7, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2012
Something is not right though, with this time travel I don't get it. Fuwa Aika wouldn't have died if Hakaze didn't go back in the past. So does this mean there was a past where Fuwa Aika killed herself even if Hakaze didn't travel in the past? WTF that wouldn't make sense though cuz no one can change the past.

I don't know how to explain well, what I don't understand but I hope someone will understand what Im trying to say here and clear things up for me thank you.
Mar 7, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
lonelydemon said:
Something is not right though, with this time travel I don't get it. Fuwa Aika wouldn't have died if Hakaze didn't go back in the past. So does this mean there was a past where Fuwa Aika killed herself even if Hakaze didn't travel in the past? WTF that wouldn't make sense though cuz no one can change the past.

I don't know how to explain well, what I don't understand but I hope someone will understand what Im trying to say here and clear things up for me thank you.

It's the same problem with Terminator, about John Conor's father being from the future. I guess thats its the same, when you travel back in time you erase the previous version of the story in that case being Aika getting killed by someone else. I kinda found it dumb that they never really reveal the real killer though :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 8:19 PM

Mar 2012
There couldn't have been a past where some1else killed Aika, remember past cannot be change.
Mar 7, 2013 8:19 PM

Jan 2010
In that case how does she die in the original universe ? I dont see a reason for her to kill herself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 8:24 PM

Mar 2012
Well then the same reason, Hakaze went to the past also. It's like an infinite loop sorry can't explain in details.
Mar 7, 2013 8:25 PM

Jan 2010
This is so fucked up o_o
Mar 7, 2013 9:12 PM
Jan 2011
The classic time issues we've seen in time travel movies like Terminator. So if she didn't go into the future then she wouldn't kill herself which already happened? Always annoying but this show is entertaining either way.
Mar 7, 2013 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
aika = instant top 10 char
p.s.
to all the people who say it was predictable, you are all full of sh*t.
i can predict that you will doe; however, what happens in between? the details is what is important.
try writing your own story and you'll soon realize how hard it is to come up with the meat of the story.
KurogashiMar 7, 2013 9:27 PM
Mar 7, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2009
Tsukuyomi-Ryuku said:
lonelydemon said:

It's the same problem with Terminator, about John Conor's father being from the future. I guess thats its the same, when you travel back in time you erase the previous version of the story in that case being Aika getting killed by someone else. I kinda found it dumb that they never really reveal the real killer though :/

think of a line. time flows in a line. aika dies in point A. hakaze begins time traveling in point B to go backwards to point A. however, note that they are all along the same plane, the same line. on this line, hakaze will always travel back to point A no matter what. after she's done that, point C is available and time moves forward.

or in other terms, the mission must be completed before the gods, the author, whatever, allows us to proceed to point C. no time travel = no available next point.
Mar 7, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Serge91 said:

No, it doesn't need to have one. It depends on theory of time. You can check on some physic and philosophical books.

That's why I mentioned they weren't necessarily following the conventional theory. I do realize there are different theories of time.
Mar 7, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2011
I seriously love how this show is executed so well! Good job Bones! :) Aika is such an awesome character. The way she talks and acts is so damn mysterious and cute. She's also insanely powerful. Hakaze stood no chance against her. Aika gets stronger when items are offered to the Tree of Genesis, oh wow. xD I really liked how Aika got so angry and punched Hakaze when she mentioned Yoshino was crying. Man, I feel so sorry for Hakaze. That moment when Hakaze sees Yoshino running to Aika's place after hearing about her death was so sad. D:
Mar 7, 2013 11:04 PM

Mar 2012
think of a line. time flows in a line. aika dies in point A. hakaze begins time traveling in point B to go backwards to point A. however, note that they are all along the same plane, the same line. on this line, hakaze will always travel back to point A no matter what. after she's done that, point C is available and time moves forward.

or in other terms, the mission must be completed before the gods, the author, whatever, allows us to proceed to point C. no time travel = no available next point.

Make sense but what about b4 point A from the very first point, what was the cause of Aika's Death, I know i ain't making sense here.
Mar 7, 2013 11:10 PM
Jan 2011
Well, Hakaze did try to stop Aika from committing Harakiri, so in the end she now knows why.

I wonder if that Hakaze X Yoshino arc will still be on?
Mar 7, 2013 11:59 PM

May 2012
xtremexx said:
Aika doing what needs to be done like a boss. She didn't even care that much that she died. One of my fave characters.

True,mine too. Ever since Erza Scarlet ( Fairy Tail ) , Fuwa Aika somehow, very interesting.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Mar 8, 2013 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
the second half of this episode was definitely the better one. i loved the fight between aika and hakaze. it really made me love aika.
but i still don't like that aika was willing to kill herself so easily. it does make sense, yes, but... i don't know.

and i haven't watched the preview for the next episode (i don't like spoilers), but reading these comments here makes it look like things are not going well in the present? well, three more episodes to go!
Mar 8, 2013 12:49 AM

Feb 2012
I really liked the part where she punched Hakaze for making yoshino cry, really kind of made you realize just how much she cared for him. I loved this episode.

Mar 8, 2013 1:12 AM

Dec 2011
words cant describe what i feel right now...
Mar 8, 2013 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
Aika my fav ♥

Mar 8, 2013 5:10 AM

Apr 2012
epic episode. Aika and hakaze. <3
Mar 8, 2013 5:12 AM

Sep 2012
Come on, people are mad at the time travel of this episode? This theory has been used a lot, like in Chrono Trigger and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu, it's a pretty cool mindfuck.

And finally the plot got truly back on track, awesomely btw, I even raised the score back to 9. I see what they were trying to do in episodes 13 to 19, but that dragged for too long, seriously. In the manga it must be even worse, since it's longer.
Mar 8, 2013 5:22 AM

Jan 2008
I see my hunch back in the Ep 10~13 was correct about Aika killing herself.

The fight between the two was prtty nice. It was nice to actually see some fighting. Been a while since we were shown any actual scenes.

I found Aika's personality was quite fun too, when she was playing detective.
Mar 8, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
Just... amazing characterization and development in an episode. I love it when I can't side between two arguments. It simply means that they're worthy enough to fight for. Great episode.
Mar 8, 2013 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
Wow this has been the best ep of this show. At least my time travel idea was correct, but I didn't expect it to go down like that. I wonder how the others will react to this news.
Mar 8, 2013 6:23 AM

Apr 2011
The fight was very one sided I thought it would have went down to the finish.
I enjoyed this episode overall and its the best one so far.
Stitches327 said:
Also am i the only one that thought Aika's sword looked like one of the Di-Swords from Chaos;Head?

Nope it reminded me of Chaos Head too.
Mar 8, 2013 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
There are tons I want to say, but I will just put it in one sentence.

Aika was simply awesome.
Mar 8, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2012
Aika is one peculiar girl... I'm not quite sure I like her, as she seems to care little for life and the people living it while Hakaze act more emotional and in-tune with humanity, a trait I prefer over Aika's aloofness.

That set aside, the power gap between Aika and Hakaze was so much bigger than expected. Hakaze was getting her ass kicked by a self-taught mage despite having received training since she was little. It was weird, to say the least.

I liked the end of the episode though, where Hakaze sees Mahiro in the window and Yoshino ran past her.
Mar 8, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2012
Possibly one of the favourite episodes so far.

I feel sad after watching Hakaze sad. :c
Mar 8, 2013 8:44 AM

Feb 2013
No doubt that Hakaze has better boobs than Aika, although Fraulein had the best.

But Aika gave it her best and I actually now like her more than Hakaze.

5/5 Epic, made me shed a tear.
Mar 8, 2013 8:49 AM
Jan 2013
Nice Cat Fight, too bad Hakaze loose an Aika still has to commit Seppuku. Looks like while Hakaze figures out to go back into the future, everyone seems to bet in a rumble.
Mar 8, 2013 9:02 AM

Feb 2012
it was ok.
Mar 8, 2013 9:54 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I usually don't like time travel - it all to often just seems like the writer just wanted to play logic and paradox games. Here I was fine with the way it worked out.

And, in any case, I haven't written off Aiko yet.
Mar 8, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode.Aika became my favourite female character of the anime now.I still like Hakaze but after this one, I can say for sure that she is a great character.
Mar 8, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
The episode was great as always, it turned out to be as I expected but it was executed in a good way so I'm ok with it. Now let's see what happens next week

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 8, 2013 11:51 AM

Nov 2010
I just realize that Aika is much taller than Hakaze then if you Aika and Yoshino side by side Yoshino is much taller than Aika. Then Hakaze must be... really small
Mar 8, 2013 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
temporary said:
This series turned to complete shit after the mention of aliens.
wait.....the series turned to shit after they made a JOKE about how its aliens......are you fucking kidding me?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing episode. Aika's character is getting more and more interesting with each episode. Lol at the punch she gave to Hakaze (poor Hakaze though, she didn't deserve that), their fight overall was awesome.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 8, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was great, an epic fight between Hakaze and Aika and the explaination of what happened to her made it the best episode so far. This anime is getting really good.
Mar 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Not the best episode in terms of plot, but this was probably one of my favorites in this series. I guess it's because of the attachment I felt for the characters and their bonds is what made me like this episode so much even though the events were somewhat predictable.
Mar 8, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Part of me is hoping Aika somehow reappears and makes it to present time with everyone. But the other part of me knows how unlikely that is.
Mar 8, 2013 2:58 PM

Jul 2011
Intense episode. I really liked it but one thing disappointed me, Hakaze didn't say to Aika that she's in love with Yoshino, I wanted to see her reaction.

5/5
Mar 8, 2013 2:59 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome.
5/5
Mar 8, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
ainky said:
I wanted to see her reaction.
You kind of did with how aika reacted to yoshino crying

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 8, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
I love this episode. ;n; 5/5
Mar 8, 2013 5:36 PM

Aug 2011
Most awesome episode of the entire series, and that, is saying something!!!

It's official... Aika is by far my favorite character of the series. Not because it is revealed she is the mage of Exodus, but because of her strong character and willingness to sacrifice for those she loves. The highlight for me was... that explosive a straight jab to Hakaze's face. For future reference, I don't think you want to make Yoshino cry. That is one possessive chick.

If Aika had lived everyone, including Mahiro & Yoshino would have died; the mage realized this and her selfless act allowed them to survive. I can only wonder what happens now.
Mar 8, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2011
Aika is one strong girl for the sake of logic..
Mar 8, 2013 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
Lol Aika killing herself was obvious from a mile away xD. I wonder what that letter says though for Yoshino and Mahiro.
Mar 8, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
CDenver said:
Part of me is hoping Aika somehow reappears and makes it to present time with everyone. But the other part of me knows how unlikely that is.
The show would lose so many quality points if they brought back aika.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 8, 2013 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
I love when an episode is so great that I have nothing to say about it. It speaks for itself.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 8, 2013 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
Aika is so strong, and that why I love her

this episode deeply moved me
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.