Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 6, 2013 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
This is the most underrated basketball manga by far , I've been reading countless of basketball manga's that are out there and this provides the most realistic basketball I've ever seen in a manga period. The players don't have unstoppable BS skills they have pure skills they lose, they miss shots , they no look pass, they set screens , they have actually plays , they practice and you see the difference between players. Also they have a character that is a direct replica of Allen Iverson in every way just he's not black, he has the tatoos, the shooting sleeves, the ball handling skills and speed and a lot of the detail on the Nike shoes or Air jordans shoes are really nice.
I suggest everyone give this manga a chance if your into basketball and have been looking for realistic baksetball this is it .....trust me the guy who writes this manga knows basketball and the slam dunk author even praised it , its good period lol that's it
May 15, 2013 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
Amon-Raw said:
the slam dunk author even praised it

Huh really? Well I gotta say this is the best basketball manga I've ever read, well I haven't seen Slam Dunk yet, watched a few episode but it's freakin boring, it's so slow, I mean, the guy doesn't even know basketball yet, and I have to go through.. uhm 20+ episodes just to see him improve little by little? Don't think so. I've read Kuroko no Basket and I think it's great too, not realistic but at least it's cool, it's shounen after all.

I agree with you that this basketball manga is underrated, very much underrated. The characters are all so awesome, and there are some yankee fighting stuff in it, well only some, but isn't that what shounen loves nowadays? The art is superb, I dropped a few other basketball manga because of the art, they sucked big time. Well I definitely recommend this basketball manga to any youngster out there that like reading basketball manga
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 15, 2013 1:29 AM

May 2012
Amon-Raw said:
the slam dunk author even praised it

Wow slam dunk author praised it, wow.

I really got to try this out.

Anything praised by the masterpiece certainly deserves attention
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 11, 2014 4:21 AM

Apr 2014
You're so right. I don't understand it myself why the manga is so underrated.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Aug 8, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2012
yes, very underrated, its even stop publishing in my country bookstore. they stop publishing before this team winning even once lol
i hope gonna get long run anime adaptation and become popular like ace of diamon and baby steps
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 2, 2014 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
Amon-Raw said:
the slam dunk author even praised it , its good period lol that's it

If Takehiko has praised it then it defenitely means it's worth it. Though the first chapter was kinda weak.
Jan 5, 2015 6:13 AM

Oct 2013
If you're talking about underrated in the western side of the internet manga readers community, then that is easy to know why.
1st- Manga started in 2004. At that time I don't believe there were any good readers , even less one with a good enough database to have this title.

2nd- Is from Weekly Shonen Magazine. If it was from Jump, every new title would get some scanlators and readers interest, but it is from magazine where a ton of series don't even get scanlated in the first place.

3rd- It doesn't have an anime. This is the most unfortunate thing! The author this year rejected 2 propositions of anime. Both propositions wanted to make a short anime that would only adapt a small number of volumes and then end with something like "And then Sora went to NBA".
An anime to promote this series more is in really big need. But that adaptation as to be a good one.

Now if you're talking of the popularity of the series in Japan. It isn't underrated at all.
From all sport series in Weekly Shonen Magazine, this is the best selling one! Even with the others series having anime. Yep, each volume of Ahiru no Sora sells more than Ace of Diamond, the Weekly Shonen Magazine more popular sport series with an anime.
In 2011 this series was the best selling sport manga in Japan! I believe that after that the authors as been releasing less volumes per year, and other titles got anime and exploded in popularity.
Jan 5, 2015 6:17 AM

Nov 2012
its pretty high ranking in their magazine though... just wait for adaptation... long run... i hope...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 5, 2015 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
I might have to start reading this.

Slam Dunk was so slow for so little improvement.

The latest chapter of Kuroko one last game or whatever was disappointing, and majorly unrealistic. I wouldn't go as far as to call it racist but its ridiculous no group of black street ballers talks that much shit and is that pro america.
Jan 5, 2015 9:37 AM

Dec 2012
I just started reading the manga and it's awesome! How come I let this one slip, ghh!
Jan 16, 2015 3:21 AM

Jun 2011
Time to reread! I just wish someone would translate this series faster, not complaining, just a simple wish. It's really hard to resist when there are 400 chapters out and only around 100 chapters are translated.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Chapter 616 Discussion

Jsar0 - Sep 30, 2023

2 by Jsar0 »»
Sep 30, 2023 11:35 AM

» Will anyone translate this?

Jsar0 - Oct 13, 2021

2 by Kuroneko »»
Dec 20, 2021 1:53 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Chapter 220 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 28, 2021

1 by Noraymma »»
Jul 2, 2021 5:43 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Chapter 219 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 15, 2021

0 by MegamiRem »»
Jun 15, 2021 9:44 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Chapter 218 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 10, 2021

0 by MegamiRem »»
Jun 10, 2021 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.