Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2008 10:30 AM

Mar 2008
was rly gd, especially the ending. got to know a little about ryuujis dad, and know about tigers past (with her dad and why she was living in a flat on her own) and then at the end, u saw how close the friendship was, and he was able to read her, and tell her the rite things. :D epiccccensssssssssss
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2008 10:33 AM

Oct 2008
Taiga didn't hug her dad. He hugged her. That was my impression. I guess her resting his head on him can be argued, but I'm a firm believer that properly hugging someone require arms wrapping around.

As for the episode overall, good to see they aren't doing something cliched for the festival.
Dec 12, 2008 10:36 AM

Jul 2008
Crazy teacher is amazing. <3

I almost forgot about the Lolita suggestion from Ryuugi. It may have been a little unoriginal to get the girls dressed up, but it would have been so worth it.
FactorDec 12, 2008 6:06 PM
Dec 12, 2008 10:41 AM
Feb 2008
Cloud1234 said:
God awesome :3
I was an AmiXRuiji Fan but imi in doubts now.In this ep it seemed like Taiga is meant to be with Riuji!!
God why all animes with Kugumiya Rie playing the Tsundere role kick ass so much? :)

Your questioning something that is, there is no reason to it, cause there is no other way. Tsundere + Rie = An anime that is destined to be awesome!FTW FTW!(Four Tsundere Wonders: Taiga, Louise, Shana, Nagi! Kugimiya-sama is the voice of legends!!!) <- For those who didnt understand that I'll simplify it... I like Rie Kugimiya...

Veronin said:
Ugh, I can't stand Taiga.

Your on my list, be warned...

Lunatic-kr said:
Dang, I wonder how Taiga's gonna look like the the beauty show :]

Something bad will come out of it, and we will see Ryuuji showing for the first proper time that he likes Taiga!
Dec 12, 2008 10:52 AM

Oct 2008
Adam, do not spoil, please.
Dec 12, 2008 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode. Not the best but it was on a fairly high level like the rest of this show.

Not so much good comedy this time, but we had some more serious drama. I liked the interactions between Taiga und Ryuu, though I am still a bit confused about the story with her father. This is some kind of cliffhanger?
Dec 12, 2008 1:07 PM

Jul 2008
Extremely enjoyable episode, very funny. Good growth in Taiga and Ryuuji's relationship, it was nice to see.

Oh, and Taiga's dad, Ryuuji, and I all felt that kick to the nuts, the palmtop tiger sure is scary.
Dec 12, 2008 1:43 PM

Nov 2008
AdamtheNinja said:
Right, first time posting in the Forums for this anime I think. I will start off by saying that this my fave anime of the season, EASILY by a mile!

Great first time post! Keep it up even if I am new, I can see some potential to discuss some stuff you post. Me too I would avoid physical violence with a person like Aisaka.

sniW said:
slayer545-sama said:
weird things going on? Hmmmmm better recheck that.

Oh, actually it seems like that person is one of the teachers:

文化祭実行委員
春田浩次

This guy's name is Haruta Kouji

To add Hahhahahah at Ryuuji and his entusiasme towards the third prize Kanouyano supermarket coupons.

Loli costumes and maid cafe anyone?

Taiga in beauty contest would win. It is just a matter of which clothing to make her wear. I want to see the results in #12 of that contest. I wonder if Ami is going to participate in it.
slayer545-samaDec 12, 2008 2:01 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 12, 2008 2:05 PM

Nov 2008
So is Ryuuji's dad dead? Or was Ryuuji abandoned by his dad?
And is Taiga's mom alive??
Their family situations confuse me a little ^^;
Dec 12, 2008 2:13 PM

Nov 2008
YukiKumo said:

Keep watching to know.
slayer545-samaDec 12, 2008 10:53 PM
Dec 12, 2008 2:18 PM

Nov 2008
slayer545-sama said:
YukiKumo said:

Ryuuji's dad is dead because he was a gangster and got stabbed. T_T

Taiga's mom is not known whether alive or divorced father. Keep watching to know.

Ah okay thanks! That was in epi 1 where they mentioned Ryuuji's dad being dead- I forgot ^^;

Hmm I'm curious about what happened to Taiga's mom... I wonder if they will reveal that later on- hope so! It would make her situation with her dad make more sense to me.
Dec 12, 2008 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
slayer545-sama said:
Keep it up even if I am new
God damn you are funny.
Dec 12, 2008 4:00 PM

Jul 2008
I actually liked this episode. The comedy wan't as strong but the drama is now kicking in!!

Dec 12, 2008 4:13 PM

Jun 2008
Mmm, nice. Oh my goodness Minorin's bald self made me laugh so hard, lol wtf. The scene where Taiga places her hand on Ryuuji's mouth was just too cute. The music again was amazing, I love Toradoras! soundtrack, and baka chihuaha I love you <3
Dec 12, 2008 4:16 PM

Nov 2008
Just noticed this actually yeah. If you look at my spoiler of Taiga and her father under, their faces are so similar so I take it the mother gave her the small
and small body, actually the mother is small in height cause the father does not really, maybe.
Dec 12, 2008 6:01 PM

May 2007
A nice twist in the plot. It will definitely shake things up, especially Taiga's and Ryuuji's relationship. Let's see what happens.
Dec 12, 2008 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
that was unexpectedly dramatic >< things are finally heating up between taiga and ryuuji

slayer545-sama said:

you should've at least put those in spoiler tags T_T
Dec 12, 2008 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
Way too many jagoffs with spoilers and not tagged, I'm throwing down with the next dude to do so.
Dec 12, 2008 10:52 PM

Nov 2008
wolfsrainXD said:
that was unexpectedly dramatic >< things are finally heating up between taiga and ryuuji

slayer545-sama said:

I don't get it. Everyone is supposed to know this because it was mentioned in the early episodes but ok will put more spoiler tags. Still learning.
Dec 12, 2008 11:56 PM

Jul 2008
slayer545-sama said:
wolfsrainXD said:

slayer545-sama said:

I don't get it. Everyone is supposed to know this because it was mentioned in the early episodes but ok will put more spoiler tags. Still learning.
Tbh, all it said was that his dad would stuff magazines in shirt because he was scared of getting stabbed(they did say he was dead though), it didn't say that
Anyways, so either you are just going off speculation or you know something we don't lol.
Dec 13, 2008 12:12 AM

Jun 2007
I wonder how young Taiga's new mom was. It would have sucked if she was only in her early 20's. I could see why Taiga would be pissed. I'd be pissed too if my dad got married to a 20 something year old women and then the women demanded I leave the house.

Personally I dont want to see Taiga move anywhere. Although I think it would be funny if the dad moved in with Taiga and then hook up with Ryuuji's mom XD. When I first saw Taiga's dad I got the impression that he was a mobster like Ryuuji's dad was so it wouldn't be to surprising if he turned Ryuuji's mom on :P.
Dec 13, 2008 1:13 AM

Sep 2008
O_o He called Taiga a Bitch o_O I can't wait to watch this Dubbed ^_^
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Dec 13, 2008 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
YukiKumo said:

regarding Ryuuji's dad

regarding Taiga's mom

as for the eppie.. it was merely awesome - full of emotions and drama! Just what I'm seeking so much ^^ Add to this the voice acting that was done more than perfect - you can hardly find something not even close to this in Hollywood production these days...

and I'm so curious what's gonna happen next.. I believe Ryuu-chan will finally get closer to his true feelings for Taiga when they'll get separated (Taiga will go and live together with her dad) and especially when he'll see her at the beauty school contest. Those are only my guesses though.. we have reached only the half of the show afterall!!!

I'm also wondering what's going on with Minorin after their summer trip. She seemed to be a weirdo from another planet in this eppie
soulelleDec 13, 2008 6:48 AM
Dec 13, 2008 7:19 AM

Nov 2008
Defiance said:
slayer545-sama said:
wolfsrainXD said:

slayer545-sama said:

Tbh, all it said was that his dad would stuff magazines in shirt because he was scared of getting stabbed(they did say he was dead though), it didn't say that
Anyways, so either you are just going off speculation or you know something we don't lol.

No way, I though the mother mentioned that he got stabbed at one point while doing a job. I swear I heard her say it. I am sure it was mentioned briefly. I could be wrong so let's leave it that but I hope in the end the father is alive however at the moment Ryuuji thinks he is dead.

soulelle said:
YukiKumo said:

regarding Taiga's mom

About the mom, that is really nice oif reminding me about that. Yes, good remark if Taiga was thinking like that then surely there was a divorce of the parents. Thus, it would make her greatly unstable in emotions/trust/self confidence. This being said I understand Taiga way better thanks to your explanation. I just hope that Taiga find someone who will not divorce and love her till death does parting.

*Person here went through parents that divorced*

So I know all about it.
Thank you soulelle-san ^_^

slayer545-samaDec 13, 2008 7:33 AM
Dec 13, 2008 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
I liked this episode.
I'm glad to see Taiga and Ryuuji's relationship is starting to grow finally.
I'm looking forward to seeing the beauty contest.
Dec 13, 2008 11:58 AM

Jun 2008
good episode
my favorite highlights were:

nosebleed for the haunted house
forgetting to do a class poll and ending up with pro wrestling
groin kick

good development in the reigon of Taiga's father issues, i wonder what will happen in the future...

Dec 13, 2008 12:40 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, ToraDora!'s best episode so far. The ending was dramatic. :(
Dec 13, 2008 1:27 PM

Nov 2008
"Don't you guys want moistening?" Hahaha.

Taiga was being an intolerable brat for most of it, so it was hard to find her cute. Thank God she saw sense in the end, sort of.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Dec 13, 2008 3:28 PM
Dec 2007
This show is getting better and better, it's becoming just insane honestly. This episode was very serious but funny at the same time and direction was simply awesome. Oh and the characters still shine so much ! Probably the biggest surprise of this fall since I didn't expect anything from a show with a tsundere voiced by Kugimiya Rie, but in fact, it's much better than any comedy anime released this year.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 13, 2008 3:31 PM
Jan 2008
I just absolutely loved this episode. My favorite in this series by far. Very touching, and it almost made me cry.
Dec 13, 2008 6:26 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting posts about Taiga's mom- I was wondering about that. Though if Taiga's parents did get divorced, I wonder why Taiga didn't end up living with her mom. She felt abandoned by her father for remarrying, but what happened with her relationship with her mom? Or maybe she blamed them both for the divorce and distanced herself from them both... I don't know XD

Dec 13, 2008 8:15 PM

Nov 2008
Konayuki_Winter said:
Interesting posts about Taiga's mom- I was wondering about that. Though if Taiga's parents did get divorced, I wonder why Taiga didn't end up living with her mom. She felt abandoned by her father for remarrying, but what happened with her relationship with her mom? Or maybe she blamed them both for the divorce and distanced herself from them both... I don't know XD

Maybe she always had a close relationship with her father more so than her mother. I noticed in her relationship with Ryuuji vs. Yak-chan (Ryu's mum) she was rather indifferent to Yak-chan, while on the other hand she became very attached to Ryuuji. Of course it could be because she's in the same boat as Ryuuji and sees a comrade in it, but one can see that could be how she relates.

However, I think she probably resents her dad more than her mum know especially if her mum was indifferent to her. Because her dad was easily swayed by another female and started to ignore her. It's better to end the relationship, of sorts than having the other person do it and the way the father was working it seems that it would end that way.

In any event, my review of this episode was good. I mean the art was a bit weird, not the normal sort of art so I gave it a low....at times Ryuuji's had no face so I didn't get that. Other than that the storyline was really great and I loved Haruta-chan. However, Minorin is annoying me more and more. It's very depressing. I started out liking her, but she makes no sense and it's that senselessness that takes away from scenes rather than enriches it..so she's turning to my bad side more and more.

As for the story itself I really liked the emotional baggage we're getting into, in paticular in Ryuuji's case. I understand Taiga and they spent a lot of time giving you an idea of what she came from and what she's dealing with. This was just more visual confirmation. However, I really liked the side aspect into Ryuuji and I can't wait for more on that.

As to another poster, I would love to see something on Ryuuji's dad and see if he isn't dead....since I'm not so sure now. So aside from Minorin, it was pretty awesome.
Dec 13, 2008 8:17 PM

Nov 2008
Jacut said:
This show is getting better and better, it's becoming just insane honestly. This episode was very serious but funny at the same time and direction was simply awesome. Oh and the characters still shine so much ! Probably the biggest surprise of this fall since I didn't expect anything from a show with a tsundere voiced by Kugimiya Rie, but in fact, it's much better than any comedy anime released this year.

I have to agree with that. It's definitely a show that seems to get better and better per ep, except I did feel they faltered a bit in ep 10. Not my fave...but that's mainly because I didn't get enough Taiga/Ryuuji and I was totally on Inko-chan and Yak-chan withdrawal (I love those two characters).
Dec 13, 2008 9:03 PM

Aug 2008
As I was reading this thread, I complained to myself, 'wow, wait a day and there's 4 pages of stuff.' Then I remembered the good 'ol CGR2 days... I was a day late watching a sub and had to wade through 11 pages... No more complaints.

OK episode, I guess. Pro wrestling-themed obligational cultural festival? Interesting.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 14, 2008 4:18 AM

Nov 2008
I really hope they don't make too much of a mockery of professional wrestling, but I hope it will be funny LOL.

I am a big pro wrestling fan so it should be interesting.

Good episode, it's nice that Taiga is willing to make up with her Dad for Ryuuji's sake.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Dec 14, 2008 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Swiftstylez said:
I really hope they don't make too much of a mockery of professional wrestling, but I hope it will be funny LOL.

Good episode, it's nice that Taiga is willing to make up with her Dad for Ryuuji's sake.

What do you mean by Pro Wrestling? Are you talking about WWF? Because that's just a bunch of actors playing around, that's not professional wrestling and they make the proper sport of wrestling into a sad joke. Or are you speaking about Olympic wrestling..now that's real wrestling and I doubt they're doing that one. Seems like the WWF (fake) kind.
Dec 14, 2008 2:53 PM
Dec 2007
vaberella said:
Swiftstylez said:

What do you mean by Pro Wrestling? Are you talking about WWF? Because that's just a bunch of actors playing around, that's not professional wrestling and they make the proper sport of wrestling into a sad joke. Or are you speaking about Olympic wrestling..now that's real wrestling and I doubt they're doing that one. Seems like the WWF (fake) kind.
It's WWE nowadays, ever since the "real" WWF, who have nothing to do with wrestling, went to court for the former's illegal use of the WWF acronym and won the case (US's copyright laws are very peculiar I might note).

And yes, it's pretty much WWE's style of wrestling. A bunch of amateur actors "fighting" scripted battles with scripted storylines (as shown by the "rehersal" between Taiga and Ami).

As for Ryuuji's father, I don't recall ever hearing he was stabbed. The implied idea is that he was a gangster or delinquent, due to Yasuko's stories (who else but a gangster would have a latent fear of being stabbed?), preferences and her own line of work. Perhaps in the novel it was said right away that he's dead, but we only have, again, an implied idea that he's dead due to the way Ryuuji said he can't have his father back no matter what. No more has been said on the subject I think.

Of course, if you need everything spelled out for you then I pity you since writers will not always say everything straight and it's up to the reader/viewer to draw out a lot of the extra details from the hints (this is part of why a bad translation can be detrimental to the understanding of the story).

And on to my thoughts. The end, rather than bringing some closure, actually opens a lot of problems. It's obvious to everyone watching that Ryuuji messed up by trying to project his own wishes into Taiga. By the time he realizes he's not seeing things from her side and is just trying to press his own way of seeing things onto her, is a little too late. Now Taiga feels pressured into trying to give his dad a chance, and I'm positive it won't end well (since she didn't do it by choice, but rather by force).

And seriously here, it's obvious Ryuuji was blinded by his own warped sense of moral obligation. The guy not only essentially ditched Taiga for her new wife, he also tried to buy her back with money. There's no way she'd forgive him just like that. Heck, I'm still quite unsure of how sincere he is.
Leon-GunDec 14, 2008 3:02 PM

Dec 14, 2008 3:32 PM

Feb 2008
Actually I thought in episode one I thought they mentioned Ryuuji's dad being in heaven? It was the scene where he looked at his picture and had a flashback on a conversation with his mom- it was then I think she talked about him being in heaven.

I'm not sure how I feel on Taiga's dad myself... We did technically hear both his side and Taigas side. To one extent it seems maybe she did abandon him because she couldn't handle the situation, she herself said she left him, but maybe she didn't want to admit to getting left behind. I'm not really sure what to think about the whole situation. Even if Ryuuji wanted Taiga to talk to him because of his personal problem, I don't necessarily think he was wrong. Problems never get solved if you ignore them. I don't think things are resolved yet though, one hug doesn't fix everything after all.
Dec 14, 2008 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
LOL Dad is FABULOUS. Pretty emotional episode and character developments.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 14, 2008 4:44 PM
Dec 2007
Konayuki_Winter said:
Actually I thought in episode one I thought they mentioned Ryuuji's dad being in heaven? It was the scene where he looked at his picture and had a flashback on a conversation with his mom- it was then I think she talked about him being in heaven.

I'm not sure how I feel on Taiga's dad myself... We did technically hear both his side and Taigas side. To one extent it seems maybe she did abandon him because she couldn't handle the situation, she herself said she left him, but maybe she didn't want to admit to getting left behind. I'm not really sure what to think about the whole situation. Even if Ryuuji wanted Taiga to talk to him because of his personal problem, I don't necessarily think he was wrong. Problems never get solved if you ignore them. I don't think things are resolved yet though, one hug doesn't fix everything after all.
Thanks for correcting me about the dead thing. Yes, I went to verify it and indeed she does say he's dead.

This kind of things are complex. IMO, getting her to accept him back doesn't always solves everything, especially if the guy wasn't sincere enough and if she's being pressured into it.

Dec 14, 2008 5:09 PM

Feb 2008
that was intense... i wonder what the real story is.
Dec 14, 2008 8:44 PM

Aug 2008
sniW said:
Haha, this was funny:

LOL :P

I really liked the drama in this episode. Lately, I have come to really enjoy drama.
This should really make the plot more interesting for me...
Note: This is my favorite episode so far from this.
~And like always, this episode was hilarious ^^

^One of the highlights for me from this episode. xD

~I'll look forward to more drama from this anime!
Dec 14, 2008 9:59 PM

Feb 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Konayuki_Winter said:

Thanks for correcting me about the dead thing. Yes, I went to verify it and indeed she does say he's dead.

This kind of things are complex. IMO, getting her to accept him back doesn't always solves everything, especially if the guy wasn't sincere enough and if she's being pressured into it.

No problem :D

And these things are super complex, especially since I can see where all three characters were coming from. I'm wondering if Taiga's dad is being sincere, if he is going to give up his relationship to be with Taiga then maybe he really is serious about making amends with her. Defiantly not something that can realistically happen over night though. I'm just hoping things between them end up going well in time, if they get worse Ryuuji will probably feel like shit.

Also- if she does end up living with her Dad again, I wonder if he'd move into the apartment with her. I mean if Tagia does move out to live with her Dad, I doubt it would last. It would be too weird having her not eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with Ryuuji XD
Dec 14, 2008 11:11 PM

Jul 2008
Minorin's nosebleed moment and the teacher's despair was epic... x3

Dec 15, 2008 5:41 AM

Aug 2008
Konayuki_Winter said:
Also- if she does end up living with her Dad again, I wonder if he'd move into the apartment with her. I mean if Tagia does move out to live with her Dad, I doubt it would last. It would be too weird having her not eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with Ryuuji XD
Hmm. She doesn't have to stop. Actually her dad could join her... Then her dad falls for Ryuuji's mom... and things get a little messy. O.o Very difficult for a RyuujixTaiga ending.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 15, 2008 11:19 PM
Oct 2008
Now "that" is what I call an episode.

If this series keeps up like this. I may have a new favorite for 2008.
Dec 16, 2008 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
Another great episode, as expected ^^

Regarding Taigas dad:

Personally I get the feeling there is more to him than just the "funny and nice dad". Apparently he has a preference for very young girls..... lets hope he did not do something inappropriate to his daughter. At least that would explain Taigas deep rage against him!
Dec 16, 2008 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
Wait...A well written story...Based around a romantic comedy premise...Set in a school?
I call shenanigans.

But seriously, I'm becoming quite engrossed in this show now. If it keeps this up until the end, I might even give it a 9. Maybe.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 16, 2008 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
OranSolus said:
Wait...A well written story...Based around a romantic comedy premise...Set in a school?
I call shenanigans.

But seriously, I'm becoming quite engrossed in this show now. If it keeps this up until the end, I might even give it a 9. Maybe.

Same here, but will they able to do it? Only a few animes have been able to keep this kind of momentum untill the very end. Hopefully, it will. Well, next episode is about the festival. I wonder if anything is going to happen ;]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 19, 2008 1:29 PM

Sep 2008
Better see some more of Tigas dad next episode.... Minorin is so cute :)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.