Forum Settings
Forums

Hidamari Sketch Gets New Anime of Sae & Hiro's Graduation [Confirmed]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 4, 2013 5:30 AM

Apr 2012
Now this has made my morning!

Mar 4, 2013 5:38 AM

Sep 2011
as much as I love Hidamari Sketch, I don't think my heart is going to be ready for this.
i can't wait to see it nonetheless

Mar 4, 2013 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
This is going to be as bad for my (seldom used, I assure you) tearducts as Aria's ending was.
Mar 4, 2013 6:20 AM

Jul 2011
jmal said:
I worry this will be a special, not a TV series. And that would be a shame because I really, really need multiple episodes of build-up to the event before my heart will be at all ready for a development of this magnitude. Anything less than six episodes will simply not feel right.

But regardless, rivers of tears will be shed, no doubt about it.

I feel that the build up has already been done in the last season, they dropped lots of hints about their graduation in certain episodes.

But yeah, the longer the better, wouldn't want them to leave soon.
Mar 4, 2013 6:59 AM

Sep 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Not interest.

Same here.
Mar 4, 2013 6:59 AM

Nov 2008
will pass and it might be an ova
Mar 4, 2013 7:30 AM

Oct 2010
Fun facts about Sae and Hiro in the manga:

And I don't think we wont see them anymore. They'll just become supporting characters and two new characters joining in as main characters. Or they'll stay as main characters and things will work like Lucky Star. :)
Mar 4, 2013 7:31 AM

Jul 2012
jmal said:
dreznovk said:
I feel that the build up has already been done in the last season, they dropped lots of hints about their graduation in certain episodes.
But yeah, the longer the better, wouldn't want them to leave soon.

Oh I definitely think there was some great build-up to this in Honeycomb. But by the time this comes out, Honeycomb will have been long since over. The emotion of those episodes won't be forgotten but it won't be as immediate after 6-9+ months. To jump into a two episode special (my current guess for what this will be) and have them gone by the second episode would be too abrupt for me.

Also, Honeycomb ended on January 1, which leaves almost three months (to some time in March) before they graduate. That'd be a lot of time to skip. While I think Honeycomb did well in depicting the worries over graduation and moving on in life for Hiro and Sae, it was still pretty abstract for their kouhai. I don't think the full weight of what's going to happen, and how it'll affect their lives at Hidamari-sou, has really clicked with them yet.

Just an episode or two for them to come to terms with that, and for Hiro and Sae to say their goodbyes would feel much too short after spending so much time with all of them.

You pretty much just summed up my thoughts.

It's pretty obvious that those who have stuck with this series are gonna end up crying, but I would like to see a bit more then a two episode OVA depicting their graduation. SHAFT, please dont disappoint.
Mar 4, 2013 7:56 AM

Jul 2011
KuRiZenT said:
NeoAnkara said:
Not interest.

Same here.

Mr_Gutts said:

Lol these kind of comments, congratulations on increasing your post counts with pointless comments. If i don't care about an anime, i wouldn't even open these kind of thread to begin with, let alone posting in it. It's like going into a church and say: "I don't believe in God !" then walk out, it serves no purpose but pissing people off. The least you could do is explaining your issues with the series, don't just drop some one-line comment like that.

jmal said:

Oh I definitely think...

That make sense, i somehow keep thinking this is gonna be aired (or released) next season so the impression of Honeycomb should still intact (at least for me). And the 3 months remaining certainly can't be just skipped, so something longer than 2-3 episodes OVA would be a better choice.
dreznovkMar 4, 2013 8:00 AM
Mar 4, 2013 8:17 AM

Nov 2010
Definitely looking forward to this, I hope it's a series.
Mar 4, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2007
Greattt news ! :) more hidamari sketch is always welcome , hope its a series.
Mar 4, 2013 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
NeoAnkara said:
I just cannot get into the head that look like it's been hamered from above in old cartoon.

2wide4u

Hopefully this continues the trend of each successive season being better than the last. Love this show.
Mar 4, 2013 8:41 AM

Oct 2007
they aren't allowed to graduate
they have to stay in hidamari apartments forever :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2013 9:22 AM
Jul 2010
This'll probably be a short OVA. I'll be surprised if it's a full-length series.

I'm glad, though. I love Hidamari Sketch.
Mar 4, 2013 10:53 AM

Jul 2012
Hidamaries are supposed to be pure, loving, and innocent. Why bring the drama here? ;_;
Mar 4, 2013 11:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Awesome! More Hidamari Sketch is always welcome. Happy Day!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 4, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2009
FUCK YEAHHHH YUUNOCHIII
Mar 4, 2013 12:29 PM

Oct 2009
Even if Hidamari SKetch is my favorite Slice of Life anime, why bother?

We had three seasons of the character relations between Sae, Hiro, Miyako and Yuno. Why bother make them graduate and make then supporting characters or the like?

If they stay main characters, then the arcs will just be all over the place as then you will have Yuno, Miyaki, Nori, Yasuna + 2 more girls AND Sae and Hiro. It will just be too scattered.
Mar 4, 2013 12:29 PM

Oct 2007
dreznovk said:
KuRiZenT said:
NeoAnkara said:
Not interest.

Same here.

Mr_Gutts said:

Lol these kind of comments, congratulations on increasing your post counts with pointless comments. If i don't care about an anime, i wouldn't even open these kind of thread to begin with, let alone posting in it. It's like going into a church and say: "I don't believe in God !" then walk out, it serves no purpose but pissing people off. The least you could do is explaining your issues with the series, don't just drop some one-line comment like that.
Let me tell you from my view point here, I don't like this show but I don't think this show is bad either. It is more like it is not my cup of tea. And then, I saw this news about something I know so I clicked it with a small gleam of hope that there would be something interesting happened but then it was just the same old thing. And you would ask me what exactly do I expected from clicking this thread? Well you know there are shows out there that a spin-off/sequel/prequel are completely different from the original.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 4, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2009
jmal said:
Siva said:
IZUMI64 said:
and if you're not interested, don't bother to comment next time...
So stating a different opinion is not allowed now?

It's more tolerable if there's some semblance of a point to it. The anime series has been going for six years and four seasons plus multiple specials. When exactly do we get beyond the period where everyone and their dog feels compelled to insert their meaningless negative opinion into a thread? Five seasons? Ten seasons? You'd think by this point it would be a given that someone not interested in Hidamari Sketch would just ignore it.

Sure, as far as negative comments go, "Not interested" is exceptionally tame so it's not that it was particularly insulting or anything (if you want insulting, MAL has myriad examples). But jeeze, I don't go commenting on every announcement thread for a show I don't have an interest in watching. If I'm not interested in watching something, why should I be interested in commenting on it either? My opinion isn't so important that I need to log it in every thread for posterity.

same here, I prefer to read comment about how bad the show is then read unnecessary comment like that...
and btw, even news rule said :

Posts that merely consist of "Will watch", "Won't watch", "Yay!" etc. will be removed without notice. Try expanding on why you are or are not interested.
IZUMI64Mar 4, 2013 12:36 PM
Mar 4, 2013 12:49 PM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
Siva said:
And then, I saw this news about something I know so I clicked it with a small gleam of hope that there would be something interesting happened but then it was just the same old thing. And you would ask me what exactly do I expected from clicking this thread? Well you know there are shows out there that a spin-off/sequel/prequel are completely different from the original.

Yes, there is some small percentage of shows where that happens. But the title of this thread said it all very clearly: "Hidamari Sketch Gets New Anime of Sae & Hiro's Graduation" What did you expect to find?
Nothing really. I always clicked almost every news I saw here but I don't really post either unless something really sparked my interest otherwise I would just ignore it. And another thing I don't read the whole title either I only read a bit and then just click it.

On the other hand, NeoAnkara did come back to explain his reason and some people just made fun of him as if he was alien having a different taste from Human. MAL is always like this, "You don't like my show? I will make fun of you."

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 4, 2013 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
Good job messing up the story. Sae's eternal loli status will be revoked. ;(
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 4, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
jmal said:

It's more tolerable if there's some semblance of a point to it. The anime series has been going for six years and four seasons plus multiple specials. When exactly do we get beyond the period where everyone and their dog feels compelled to insert their meaningless negative opinion into a thread? Five seasons? Ten seasons? You'd think by this point it would be a given that someone not interested in Hidamari Sketch would just ignore it.

Sure, as far as negative comments go, "Not interested" is exceptionally tame so it's not that it was particularly insulting or anything (if you want insulting, MAL has myriad examples). But jeeze, I don't go commenting on every announcement thread for a show I don't have an interest in watching. If I'm not interested in watching something, why should I be interested in commenting on it either? My opinion isn't so important that I need to log it in every thread for posterity.

Jimal I understand your frustration, but it's unlike you to raise your tone to what I think an innocent comment from Neoankara. Not only that, your response was to Siva as well, who is just voicing a defend and now he is dragged into what looks like a long discussion, as it usually happens in the news thread. Not that I mind but those pro-longed discussions usually not relevant to the topic at hand. If you like this anime so much, wouldn't it be better if people focus on it rather then a distracting argument?

Back to Neoankara's comment, it's technically not against the rule since he did provide a reason for "not interested" couple posts later. Of course, it's a courtesy to refrain from saying semi-negative comment toward shows that have had multiples seasons and considerable fan-base without providing an articulate reason for doing so. However, this is a news thread, not anime-centric thread. Hence, people, who may have never seen the show, are allowed to say whether the show's topic, artstyle, or genre, etc. interests them or not. Admittedly, all of us have the same reaction on other shows on multiple occasions. So why being hard on it?

Ultimately, what you are advocating in your post is a complete silence of dissenting views on an anime. Isn't that the whole "If I am not interested in watching something, why should I be interested in commenting on it either?" was about? I think that view, again, is unlike you and it is unacceptable in a discussion forum (trolling is another issue entirely). Instead of saying that, why don't you list reasons why people should watch this anime?

I hope you would take my post as a constructive criticism. Your opinions are always informative and fun to read :)
ThangLongMar 4, 2013 2:15 PM
Mar 4, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
jmal said:

If you ever see me post in, I dunno, a baseball anime thread or whatever just to say I'm not interested, contributing nothing else, you have my permission to punch me in the face.

So now you are not interested in baseball? That's heresy toward "America's favorited pastime." I demand your explanation on why you don't like it! Lol, :P jk. Honestly, sometime people got tired from explaining everything. It's not like NeoAnkara did it for the trolling. You can ask him to elaborate later

Anyhow, it's not like what you said would ever happen. And I doubt that I can give you a punch through the computer screen. Nonetheless, duly noted XD
ThangLongMar 4, 2013 2:56 PM
Mar 4, 2013 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
Mar 4, 2013 4:27 PM
Sep 2012
Shaft i want my denpas2 and szs shitstorm season. Not a drama about these widefaces who just want to live a peaceful yuri life ;_;

Shaft pls. Ume pls. DON'T DO THIS.
Mar 4, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
Yay more Hidamari Sketch <3

Graduation will be sad though :/
Mar 4, 2013 6:25 PM
Oct 2010
my face is still wide from the last season -____________-
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 4, 2013 10:50 PM

Nov 2009
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 5, 2013 4:05 AM

Nov 2010
Yay more Miyako! \o/ ._________.
Mar 5, 2013 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
It was a response to the "everyone is allowed to have an opinion" argument. I just ignored the original comment initially. I've said this like a million times before, but nobody debates the right to have an opinion. Whether it's actually worth sharing, and why (especially if it's negative/apathetic), is where it'd be nice if people used a bit more judgment. If all someone has to say is "Not interested" why are they interested in replying? We're not conducting a compulsory vote here.
I absolutely agree with you. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion does not mean everyone should be posting his opinion no matter how vacant or bland it is. A one-line like "not interested" is little more than bad noise and we know noise usually annoys people around.

About this announcement, I would say it will be a new season for TV. It will be just like K-On 2nd season where build-up will take at least half the cour and it will end with emotion not unlike those in K-On club. This should be how it is done. We have 3 months from the time when the last season ends till the graduation ceremony. There should be plenty of room to fill in so 1-cour TV series should not be an issue.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 5, 2013 5:37 AM

Apr 2009
I just to see the Principal as Santa Claus.
No, actually I want to see all of the missing chapters getting animated.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 5, 2013 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
CONFIRMED: Don't have to wait that long until I have a reason to live again.

PLEASE be a full season.
Mar 5, 2013 12:43 PM

Oct 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

Which reminds me, one scene we need to see animated? Yuno getting Drunk, that was one of the best scenes, imo.
Mar 5, 2013 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
Zarich said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Which reminds me, one scene we need to see animated? Yuno getting Drunk, that was one of the best scenes, imo.

"Things like that make me sick."
One of the best Yuno moments in the entire series.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 5, 2013 2:20 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
symbv said:
About this announcement, I would say it will be a new season for TV. It will be just like K-On 2nd season where build-up will take at least half the cour and it will end with emotion not unlike those in K-On club. This should be how it is done. We have 3 months from the time when the last season ends till the graduation ceremony. There should be plenty of room to fill in so 1-cour TV series should not be an issue.

I so hope you're right. I have a spreadsheet I've been keeping since, jeeze, probably x365 tracking each of the "days" we cover and what happened. Hidamari chronology.

I don't think the timespan is the issue, but more how much source material is available. The last chapter in volume 6 covered the episode where Hiro was getting all emotional about her future career choice (an AWESOME episode if I do say so myself). There are 7 volumes out and I'm not sure when exactly they graduate but Season 4 looks to have dug fairly deeply into volume 7 as there is a fair amount of material I don't recognize. Still I really do hope that it will be a full season as more Hidamari is like medicine for the soul for me :))
Mar 5, 2013 10:54 PM
Dec 2012
Awesome :)

I've been granted more time to finish the other seasons :P
May 13, 2013 10:26 PM
May 2013
im guessing this would be a 5 or 6 episodes. well it could be lower than that; like 2 or 3 but, i think SHAFT will never betray our expectations.
i know little about the animation company but, I was able to watch the whole series of Hidamari up to this point, and i could say that SHAFT is a pure concept animation company. true it doesnt have a lot of CG's and you could even notice still pictures in a matter of seconds but, the idea is there and the message is relayed to the viewers clearly, accompany it with the outstanding background music of Hidamari Sketch
and before you know it you're inside the story already. there are also times they'll use animation exceeding 24 frames per second if needed.
SHAFT has been doing this since season 1 of Hidamari, so i doubt they'll do different for this one. i got a lot of high expectation and i think SHAFT will
meet those expectations.

I was able to check the preview but to be honest I didnt watch it all... I mean! after ten seconds of the preview and Im crying already!
Jun 2, 2013 11:25 AM

Jan 2012
If this is the departure of them from the series... I don't even... Manly tears will be shed ;_; I'm glad they got the OK for more Hidamari so soon though, I was expecting a long wait, eagerly anticipating more info on this now.
Jun 19, 2013 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm I guess I will wait for the official release date before I'm going to start with the first season.
Jul 1, 2013 12:36 AM

Mar 2009
This is AWESOME NEWS! :D When I heard about it, I thought.. "Oh wow... is it coming to an end?!" Well, for Hiro and Sae.. its time for them to graduate.. for Yuno and Miyako, its time for the both of them to become true "senpais." I hope we get two more series: First Hiro and Sae graduation; and second, Yuno and Miyako graduation... with maybe a timeskip OVA of Nori and Nazuna graduation. That would be a good close out for this series.
Aug 14, 2013 12:23 PM
Feb 2009
I was actually really intrigued with the episode that had Misato and Riri as seniors and Hiro and Sae as first-years. I think it would be kind of neat if future seasons were split with Misato/Riri/Hiro/Sae parts and Yuno/Miyako/Nori/Nazuna parts.
Oct 1, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2012
Here's to hoping they start doing something interesting with Nazuna and Nori, rather than their personalities fitting neatly into one-or-two-word-labelled boxes.

Character > caricature/archetype; in these cases, "moeblob" and "uses computers". (About as compelling nowadays as "watches TV" or "drives a car".)

YabaBaga said:
I was actually really intrigued with the episode that had Misato and Riri as seniors and Hiro and Sae as first-years.
I agree, we need more Misato.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
7 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.