Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 3, 2007 9:51 PM

Aug 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Since no one else has bother yet, and I'm bored:

Not going to lie, this series looks fairly bad. The 5 year old like voice irritates me to no end, the background music sounds like it came from a gameboy game at times... bleh.

I'll check out another episode too see if i want to continue or not, but doesn't look very positive.
#dontcare
Oct 4, 2007 11:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I didn't think it was that bad. I really liked the OP, gotta get that song once it's out.

It looks nice even though the art style has some minor flaws here and there. I also liked the black school uniforms, how cool is that.

Other than that it doesn't look like anything special yet, but I don't really judge First Episodes. So we'll see.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 4, 2007 12:04 PM

May 2007
Agree with the voices, but I kinda lol'd whatever happened 8D I liked that slap.

If it is true it only has 13 eps, I don't mind following the whole series.

Nanaka not so cute :<

Aoi as kid is much cuter 8D her voices irritates me somehow, though.

And what's up with these boin boin lately in the shows. o:
Oct 4, 2007 12:34 PM

Aug 2007
Aoi's voice was kind of cute, yet I have a feeling I'll hate it by the end of the show.
I liked the whole bitchslap thing in the end, I wasn't expecting that.
I'll keep following it for now.

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Oct 4, 2007 12:46 PM

Mar 2007
ZoiQ said:

I thought her beauty was what made this episode good =[
Oct 4, 2007 1:47 PM

Nov 2006
hmmm i thought it was okay but not great im just gonna keep watching until i make my mind up if i want to continue or not but so far its on a thin line of me wanting to drop it
Oct 4, 2007 2:34 PM

Sep 2007
Aoi's voice is something I have to get use to. Her slap and his reaction at the end was funny.
Oct 4, 2007 2:51 PM

Aug 2006
I actually liked this episode and this series looks to be a good love comedy. I don't mind the voices at all. I liked how this episode ended and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Oct 4, 2007 3:07 PM

Jun 2007
It was okay, I didn't like Aoi's voice though. I liked to ed though. Wonder what happened to Nanaka.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Oct 4, 2007 3:22 PM

Jan 2007
"meh" is what I would call my overall first impression of this show. The OP and ED are ok. The art is very generic an the show follows the normal harem cliches. The only character I like so far is Nanaka.
Oct 4, 2007 3:36 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was alright. Nothing to overly special but nothing to really write off at the moment (except Aoi's voice, I have a feeling it's going to get really irritating). Considering how the episode ended I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 4, 2007 3:42 PM

Jul 2007
Meh is pretty much all i can say.... Aoi's voice was super annoying(as everyone mentionned already...), and almost nothing happened in the episode.
I'll check another episode or 2 before judging this series... Currently i doubt i'll follow it to the end.
Oct 4, 2007 3:52 PM

Jul 2007
Seems like this'll start as a plain show and turn into something interesting. Anybody notice we have 2 female seiyuu from Higurashi? XD

Oh yeah forgot this part.

The op was a bit "meh" but ED is another story. Kanako Itou has some great game songs, and this was a great anime song. Not as great as the game ones, but good nonetheless.
atlantizaOct 4, 2007 3:55 PM

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Oct 4, 2007 4:18 PM

Aug 2006
The OP and ED were both pretty good, but Aoi's gonna drive me crazy if I keep watching this show. I might be able to hold on for 13 episodes, but I'm not sold yet. I have to agree with the majority so far that the story seems kinda bland so far. Hopefully something interesting will happen though.
Oct 4, 2007 4:53 PM

Apr 2007
I didn't hate the anime, but that voice is going to kill me...
Oct 4, 2007 6:35 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah I agree Aoi's voice is beyond annoying but I like the part where she said " close your ears, this is where the spoilers start", that made me lol.
Anyways this anime doesn't seem too bad, and the way the characters look reminds me of sola,.
Well I'm going to be following this anime, it's not like I have better to do :P, and it's only 13 episodes.
Oct 4, 2007 8:29 PM

Feb 2007
well, noticed some "err" ness in the art.. flaws.. weird faces..
Aoi's voice is fail, though she is kinda cute..

Nanaka is win.

I think it might end up pretty interesting. I hope it strays away from regular old harem stuffs.
:D
Oct 4, 2007 10:48 PM

Sep 2007
Sorry, but Tomoko Kaneda's voice should really not be used for anyone but Chiyo and equivalent aged characters. Definitely got on my nerves. I did, however, smile a little at Yukari Tamura getting a role. And Mai Nakahara I suspect is that grey-haired girl in the credits.. Ami Koshimizu too. Overall I didn't mind the voice acting. Art is "okay", music is "okay", voice acting is "okay", plot is likely to be cliche but we'll have to see. I'm a sucker for these sorts of shows, though, so I'll probably keep watching to the end.

What intrigued me the most was the band scene in the OP. If that actually ends up happening in the series, and takes a decent amount of screentime-- it could definitely be interesting.
Oct 5, 2007 1:00 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
One of the reasons that I will probably not drop this is Mai Nakahara. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2007 1:14 AM
Jun 2007
Wow, what an AMAZING first episode. So many new plot elements I've NEVER seen before.

-Childhood friends
-One leaves, comes back later
-High School
-Rushed Romance
-Clumsy Girl with high pitched voice
-AND SO MUCH MORE

And the voice acting...EHHHHHH??!?!?!

I accidently hit "disliked it" instead of "hated it" btw. Sorry.

Oct 5, 2007 7:47 AM

Aug 2006
Tanuki said:
What intrigued me the most was the band scene in the OP. If that actually ends up happening in the series, and takes a decent amount of screentime-- it could definitely be interesting.

Yeah, that and something interesting about Nanaka are really the only things I'm holding out hope for right now.
Oct 5, 2007 7:52 AM

Jul 2007
Watched it on a whim because I heard of the visual novel coming out later this year. I can't say the first episode caught my attention, but I'll probably check out the next few.
AnimusNathan said:
-Childhood friends
-High School

If you want to avoid those "plot elements" your best bet is to quit watching anime entirely.
Oct 5, 2007 8:50 AM

Jul 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Wow, what an AMAZING first episode. So many new plot elements I've NEVER seen before.

-Childhood friends
-High School
-Rushed Romance
-AND SO MUCH MORE

Oh come on... It's only been the first freaking episode. Hell I can apply the same exact list to Kanon 2006- and we all know what a horrible anime that was, right?

You obviously like Gurren Lagann. Maybe I can make up a list of how "original" Gurren Lagann was after the first episodes. Let's see...

-Mechs that combine together to form stronger mechs
-insecure, unconfident, male child who is amazing at piloting mechs
-the few taking on the insurmountable many
-big busted chick in scantily clad clothing
-AND SO MUCH MORE

And the mech designs...EHHHHHH??!?!?!

I wish I would have judged Gurren Lagann like that, and dropped it after episode 3, because it was just sooooo unoriginal and boring the entire time.

Instead of doing this crap, lets focus on what they presented that does seem to be orignial. The primary love interest seems to be a shy, violin playing, shrine maiden. We've seen characters similar in the past, but when are they ever the one that is chosen in a harem? That in itself has me very excited. Although, I admit that while I liked her slap at the end, it has me worried that she isn't the same shy/sweet girl she was as a child but may have changed to a generic tsundere.

We also haven't yet found out why Sana has suddenly returned. Every time he is talking about it he seems depressed and avoids the subject. That could make for some interesting plot developement, but since it's only been THE FIRST EPISODE, we don't know how its going to turn out.

So I actually liked this episode- mainly because the female lead could be the shy type like I was mentioning earlier. I hope the series continues to go well.
Oct 5, 2007 10:03 AM

Jun 2007
Its not worth 10 out of 10 Points atm but iam lookin forward to a funny lovestory-thingy~
(I liked Kanon,Suzuka,Futakoi and many many more - i dun care abt the harem-everytime-the-same-plot stuff!Lovestory=Win!)

4+/5
Oct 5, 2007 11:19 AM

May 2007
Sobzob said:
ZoiQ said:

I thought her beauty was what made this episode good =[

Only the outfit is cool, but it didn't fit her. :<

AnimusNathan said:

-Childhood friends
-High School
-Rushed Romance
-AND SO MUCH MORE

It's the kind I actually don't like. Lol. Why does it have to be so moe when it is not, stop big bewbs @ meganekko with high voice. :<
Stop childhood friends & rushed romance nao. (the high pitched voice is something I don't like either 8D)
Oct 5, 2007 12:01 PM

Aug 2007
Don't know what I should think about the anime yet.
I hoped it takes a while until the maincharacter finds his old friends again, that would have been more interesting I think.
The last thing, the male friend screamed when the maincharacter departed from the city (yes, I forgotten all the names of the characters^^'*) is what interests me the most~
Well, I think I will watch this series..although there are only 13 episodes.
Don't know. This anime could maybe become something very good, or could be only a stereotype haremthing...let's wait and see~
Oct 5, 2007 1:18 PM
Jun 2007
I fairly enjoyed this episode. the prologue was something we've seen a 1000 times before. Even though its every known romantic-comedy cliché rolled in one, I'll still give it a chance.

Tanuki said:

I really liked that part. One of the reasons I'll keep watching.

BTW, Aoi is really cute. I can imagine a young Yomiko Readman looking like her . :D

avrcOct 5, 2007 3:47 PM
Oct 5, 2007 3:25 PM

Sep 2007
So far, it doesn't look terribly impressive, but I feel like it has some potential. Probably nothing that I'll run out and buy, but it should be at least entertaining.
Oct 5, 2007 4:07 PM

Jun 2007
It seems like an okay anime to me and I'll look forward to see how the story will evolve. I also hope to hear something about Sana's past 5 years soon. It really made me wonder we he acted as he did when talking to his mother.

I'm glad the anime is airing now and I didn't pick it up later because i can now watch it one episode at a time taking a break between each. I guess that'll help me get over Aoi's voice. For some reason it reminds me of Chip and Dale, not that i don't like them but like Aoi's their voices will be too much eventually.

Something I really liked in this episode was the spoiler part. :p Really made me laugh.

Something I don't understand is why Nanaka hit Sana in the end. Okay, he didn't recognize her. But still... something must have happened apart from that. Hopefully that part of the storyline will show itself soon.
Oct 5, 2007 4:19 PM

Mar 2007
Bleh, ep 1 was pretty boring. I am not really sure why I even watched it, as I hate all these stupid moe-moe harem shows. However, the OP animation make it look like all sorts of fantastic things were going to happen, so I will give it another ep to get interesting.

I like Ami Koshimizu a lot (Ashita no Nadja!) and one of my favorites, Koyasu Takehito, was in there as the obligatory 'wacky best friend who none of the girls chase after and who is there to provide comedic relief and marvel over how the hero can't just take advantage of all these hot girls chasing after him' Then again, given the type of characters Koyasu plays, maybe his character is after Sana also, and he was really confessing when he was yelling as the train pulled away.. that would make the show MUCH more interesting ^___^

Oct 5, 2007 6:10 PM

Jun 2007
I kinda liked it, since this is what I thought School Days would have been like. Aoi's voice is a little annoying, but hopefully I'll get over it. Gonna keep watching this.
Oct 5, 2007 8:02 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Wow, lots has already been said on here! I don't really know that I can contribute anything further, after reading previous posts. First ep wasn't enough to make me run away screaming, but wasn't edge of my seat either -- then again, how many really are?

Will give it another ep or two before making judgment.
Oct 5, 2007 8:14 PM

Apr 2007
Holy crap, that girl's voice is incredibly annoying. I'll keep watching to see what happens but I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to finish this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2007 2:11 AM
Jun 2007
matdavhans said:
AnimusNathan said:

-Childhood friends
-High School
-Rushed Romance
-AND SO MUCH MORE

Oh come on... It's only been the first freaking episode. Hell I can apply the same exact list to Kanon 2006- and we all know what a horrible anime that was, right?

You obviously like Gurren Lagann. Maybe I can make up a list of how "original" Gurren Lagann was after the first episodes. Let's see...

-Mechs that combine together to form stronger mechs
-insecure, unconfident, male child who is amazing at piloting mechs
-the few taking on the insurmountable many
-big busted chick in scantily clad clothing
-AND SO MUCH MORE

And the mech designs...EHHHHHH??!?!?!

I wish I would have judged Gurren Lagann like that, and dropped it after episode 3, because it was just sooooo unoriginal and boring the entire time.

Instead of doing this crap, lets focus on what they presented that does seem to be orignial. The primary love interest seems to be a shy, violin playing, shrine maiden. We've seen characters similar in the past, but when are they ever the one that is chosen in a harem? That in itself has me very excited. Although, I admit that while I liked her slap at the end, it has me worried that she isn't the same shy/sweet girl she was as a child but may have changed to a generic tsundere.

We also haven't yet found out why Sana has suddenly returned. Every time he is talking about it he seems depressed and avoids the subject. That could make for some interesting plot developement, but since it's only been THE FIRST EPISODE, we don't know how its going to turn out.

So I actually liked this episode- mainly because the female lead could be the shy type like I was mentioning earlier. I hope the series continues to go well.

The EHHHHHH thing was referring to one of the last lines spoken in the episode. I thought it was badly done and stupid. Anyways while I agree every anime shares plot elements with others, this anime is so cliche'd it's just sad. Anyways I'm still going to watch every episode just so that I can fairly give it a 3 or 4 at the end of its run. Aaand y'never know, it could turn really good. Sometimes great anime have a horrible first few episodes, and vice versa(MushiUta, oh god)

Oct 6, 2007 8:53 AM

Feb 2007
lol Yeah, that ending line was retarted. And it was predictable too, when it immediately showed the pan to the sky.
Oct 7, 2007 3:36 AM

Jul 2007
i cant understand why with so many negative comments most ppl have rated it with 4/5.. Anyway i realy enjoyed the 1st episode and looking forward to the next..
Oct 7, 2007 1:33 PM

Jun 2007
my opinion is "Meh..."
Its just the first episode so i wont judge it too much cause it might get better later on, but the plot is kind of unoriginal...
Aoi has such a high pitched voice =__=; it reminded me of Chiyo from Azumanga... im wondering if it might be the same seiyu...probably is

Oct 7, 2007 2:45 PM

Apr 2007
Yes she is :-)
Oct 7, 2007 3:37 PM

Nov 2006
If Nanaka were to slap me randomly without me knowing anything, oh how pist off and slap back I'll be.

Nothing special so far, it was an OK episode to me. Besides that.. >>; I've already finished this visual novel... wonder if they'll follow the main one. Still yet again Visual novel > Anime.
Oct 7, 2007 8:45 PM

Aug 2007
AnimusNathan said:

-Childhood friends
-Rushed Romance
-AND SO MUCH MORE

you should watch Kanon/Kanon 2006

Aoi's voice hurt my ears, basically. I love Sana's grey jacket and "G shock" watch. +Aoi's mom looked like Tanaka from Higurashi.

oh yeah..that part at about 18 minutes was about his morning wood eh?

EEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH?!
Lab-Member-000Oct 7, 2007 8:55 PM
Oct 7, 2007 9:27 PM
Jun 2007
My ear hurt's. Aoi's voice was really something.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2007 5:03 PM

Jul 2007
NietonoNoShana said:
If Nanaka were to slap me randomly without me knowing anything, oh how pist off and slap back I'll be.

i'm pretty sure she slapped him b/c he didn't recognize her when she probably noticed him at the shrine (though it was a little odd she kept running away)

fairly average first episode

Aoi's voice is scary...
Oct 8, 2007 11:02 PM

Mar 2007
Not a bad first ep!

Aoi's voice sounds like a 6 year old kid even though she's 15.

I couldn't help but shout PWNED! when Sana got b!tch slapped!

I want to see what happens next...o_O
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Oct 9, 2007 11:50 AM

Oct 2007
Tanuki said:

Ditto on that. I'd really like to see if that comes to be.

I didn't think it was all too horrible. Yes, like everyone has said, Aoi's voice got on my nerves in about three minutes, but I'm not going to drop a show just for that. Hopefully the plot will hold together.
Oct 9, 2007 3:05 PM

May 2007
AnimusNathan said:

-Childhood friends
-High School
-Rushed Romance
-AND SO MUCH MORE

wow. its really avantgard!
xDDDD
Oct 11, 2007 1:57 PM
Sep 2007
0 god i kno what u mean about Aoi's bad casting or what!
i dont think the show is as bad as some people hav been said but it not that good i think i will give it a few more eps or it will b dropped!
Oct 11, 2007 4:24 PM
Oct 2007
I liked this show from eps 1-6, now it doesn't seem to catch my interest as much, maybe because the first 6 made me think that the next ones were going to be amazing. Oh well, I hope its more interesting nex episode.
Oct 13, 2007 12:19 PM

Jun 2007
It was fairly good. Nothing amazing, but I'm fond of the animation and the characters seem interesting enough. Hated Aoi's voice, but I like her as a character... loved her book speel. XD

Also, both the OP and ED were win. I really, really want to see that band scene! >w<
Oct 14, 2007 2:10 PM

May 2007
Entropy said:

AnimusNathan said:
-Childhood friends
-High School

If you want to avoid those "plot elements" your best bet is to quit watching anime entirely.

I lol'd =]
Oct 15, 2007 9:25 AM

Sep 2007
Bleh. The only part I liked about this episode was when Nanaka slapped - I suddenly forgot the main character's name. Ah, anyway. Since this is only 13 episodes, I might keep it. Maybe if they decide Aoi's not that much of a main character to get so much screen time >.<
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 26, 2007

283 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

166 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.