Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2013 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well shit, Hibari is missing and Yagyuu is not happy. I expected this. Looking forward to some fighting next time but the latest episode was kinda meh.

I hope sensei can demonstrate some ass kicking skills next week.
Mar 3, 2013 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
Well looks like some fighting will finally Happen next episode.

Lol @ Hibaru getting Manipulated, typical useless girl :).
Mar 3, 2013 7:47 PM
Sep 2012
I'm not surprised that Hibari has manipulated like that. Hibari really is useless. It's a wonder how she even became a shinobi in the first place.

It's about time that Suzune finally reveals herself to be Rin. We've already known this for a long time, but at least now it's official.
Mar 3, 2013 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
AiCon said:
I'm not surprised that Hibari has manipulated like that. Hibari really is useless. It's a wonder how she even became a shinobi in the first place.

It's about time that Suzune finally reveals herself to be Rin. We've already known this for a long time, but at least now it's official.

Hibari's treatment in the anime is one reason this isn't being well received by fans unlike the games, Shinovi Versus sold out in almost every brick and mortar Japanese game retailer the day before launch. Don't expect sales to be high for the anime though.

The anime version is useless, but the game version is another story, she's OP in Burst and she can just booty slam anything to death in Shinovi Versus.

Mar 3, 2013 10:49 PM
Nov 2012
I'm liking Hibari x Haruka more than Hibari x Yagyuu.
I'm a bad person.

Rin also just happened to be a megane, nice.
Mar 3, 2013 11:09 PM

Jul 2011
OMG people she wasn't being manipulated, she was used as a puppet, meaning she wasn't conscious when that happened.
And she didn't go missing, she went to get the scroll back on her own accord.
For now she is just acting as if she does want to actually join the serpent academy dark faction whatevers.

Anyways wow I didn't expect rin to be a megane either lol.

Mumble200 said:
I'm liking Hibari x Haruka more than Hibari x Yagyuu.
I'm a bad person.

Rin also just happened to be a megane, nice.

And you are right Hibari x Haruka also make a good pair.

Also I just noticed the ED with the pictures of the dark faction girls cooking, and it turns out bad lol.
Mar 3, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2011
Following the explanation of the dark faction girls about how their school operates, one starts thinking whether they are truly evil, we just have the normal biased fact that dark=evil.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 3, 2013 11:43 PM
Dec 2012
Hmmm Getting More Interesting :P
Not much episode left either, I wonder what they will do. :/
Only thing left to do is wait! :)

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
Mar 4, 2013 4:07 AM

Dec 2010
the yuri potential between hibari and haruka was very erotic. I like that. I also love how silly and funny Yomi is with her constant talks about bean sprouts.
Mar 4, 2013 8:54 AM
Sep 2012
I am somewhat surprised after all this time that the plot or story (Inferring there was a plot in the first place) had some actual development.

I agree tho

Hibari x Haruka = Win.
Mar 4, 2013 9:29 AM

May 2011
Valerant said:
I am somewhat surprised after all this time that the plot or story (Inferring there was a plot in the first place) had some actual development.

The plot was there, just not as much development in the prior episodes.

Liking dat yuri!
Mar 4, 2013 12:08 PM

Dec 2008
Suzuneeee!! <333
It was a good episode, but Shinobi Transform Suzune is more attractive than glasses Suzune.

I just want to see Suzune vs Daidoji though :(
Mar 4, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2012
This show has many flaws, and Hibari is the worst of them all.
Mar 4, 2013 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
Wow Haruka can deflect everything with her titties.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2008
SetsukoHara said:
This show has many flaws, and Hibari is the worst of them all.

It's like the producers are saying "Want a competent and useful Hibari, go play the games".

Mar 4, 2013 9:57 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm again this Ending :(

I like Fighting Dreamer much more, its one of the Best Endings this Season

Mar 5, 2013 4:12 AM

Feb 2011
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Mar 5, 2013 9:15 AM

Jan 2008
Hibari x Haruka is the best! But why would they cut at the juicy moment :/
Mar 5, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
Is it just me who finds that there are way too many out-of-sync lip movements in this episode?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2011
UnbornMVs said:
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

We were done being surprised about the sizes 4 episodes ago.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 5, 2013 4:43 PM

Feb 2009
kiriya needs to be fired asap
Mar 6, 2013 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
LOOOL dark faction uniform looks much better in hibari than the original of light...

Perharps this opportunity (hard training) is what lacks in hibari to be a good shinobi...

: )
sigh..
Mar 6, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2007
I'm actually not bothered by Hibari's "uselessness" at least not in this episode. It was a cool idea to have her move to the dark side :I

Mar 6, 2013 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
Traitors, traitors everywhere.
Mar 7, 2013 9:45 PM

May 2012
You see, this anime is not that bad.

Hibari better do something useful in the next few episodes.
Mar 8, 2013 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
DAT YURI! truly erotic, Hibari was finally useful for something!
Mar 9, 2013 9:08 PM

Nov 2010
Awesome, definitely best episode so far. I personally hope Hibari stays with the Serpent Academy and abandons her plan to retrieve that scroll. Also, dat ED song. I'm so glad they brought it back. 10/10
Mar 17, 2013 5:21 AM
Feb 2012
The more I watch the dark faction girls interact, the more fond I am of them. Those girls are way more interesting than Asuka and her group. By the way, did you realize how Hibari and Haruka's backgrounds weren't shown yet? I expect those to be the 'best' ones so far (read: most touching ones).
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 7, 2013 12:32 AM

Mar 2013
What is this¿ I don't even...
Sep 14, 2013 10:24 AM

Oct 2012
I like this episode, Hibari trying to save the day by joining dark forces and pretending she joined them. Those girls just needed someone who accepts them in their miserable lives though. And it seems Rin is after something else then her master. I sense big fight next time.
Mar 10, 2014 4:01 PM

May 2012
Some interesting development going on here, I wonder what's next!
Sep 12, 2014 1:22 AM
Jun 2013
I find it funny when anime tries to hide who done it by covering the upper part of a characters face. We know who it is dammit. So the ninja with bright pink hair is perfect for stealth? also we got some more bad touch.Maybe you shouldint be overprotective dummy. All you do is make her look more useless.I guess that mid cut pic is the girls fantasies. wait wait wait...did she lick and kiss her before that cut? nice to see how they girls got to the evil school. Nice little episode again I wish we had more action. Also I call bs on wearing glasses under that mask.
Nov 18, 2014 12:34 PM

Sep 2012
I liked this episode. It was interesting.
Apr 23, 2015 4:52 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I have mixed feelings on this episode, but I wanna' say I felt it was better than questionable.

I find it a bit odd that Rin just shows up to give Kiriya-sensei a map to the academy. I hope it's explained why later and not for a petty reason. It would make more sense if Hibari had left behind a copy of the map. Let's face it, the world of Senran Kagura takes place in modern times. I'm sure copy machines exist. Thus, making Yagyuu's reasoning for losing her cool and heading out much more logical and not emotionally naive. Still, if Hibari had done that she would have risked her cover being blown so I'm okay with the flow of events that occured. Yagyuu running off kinda seemed more for the purpose of showing Asuka's improved potential than anything. She could've easily stayed behind and told the group exactly what she said on the rooftops of when she attempted to go to wherever Hibari was. "I didn't suspect her." etcetc

Anyways, some good dialogue w/ the dark faction ninja girls and albeit a really brief but simple + nice backstory for each of the other girls. I'm a little surprised that even on the BD that Haruka and Hibari during the scene where Hibari was tied up was cut short.

Best part of this episode was Haruka making the scroll disappear into her breasts. Reminds me of Chinatsu's hair from Yuru Yuri. STRAIGHT UP GONE.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

May 18, 2015 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
Haruka likes Hibari more than I thought.
Well, it was obvious that Suzune was Rin, but I thought that she had something in her face, because she used that samurai armor.
Sep 28, 2015 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
The dark shinobi are actually pretty likable once they're not out to kill you :P
Apr 24, 2016 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
can't spell shibari without hibari ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1/5
Aug 30, 2017 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
Mehhhhhhhhhh 3/5

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 26, 2018 10:09 PM

Nov 2013
Yomi really has bean sprouts where a brain should be.

Funny thing is that I just played as Hibari in Estival Versus and she kicks ass. When she's not butt slamming the enemies, that is.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 9, 2020 7:27 AM

Aug 2018
Man, some villains are so pissing me off in this series.. ;p Which I guess is alright - they are villains, after all.. But they still piss me off.. ;p
Well.. Hibari needs character development.. But will it be nice one, or she'll get into trouble.. I mean.. At least she decided to go return scroll on her own.. Usually she is very afraid of everything.. But here she's brave.. So it's nice in itself from this point.. It can completely break her, though, if it'll end badly.. Especially if Yagyuu would die or something as the result..
Hm.. Important development for Yagyuu as well.. She makes some mistakes as well, she needs to learn on them.. Also maybe she understood that trusting your team more is good as well.. As well as she's very doubtful about things related to Hibari recently, but blaming mainly her own self.. Hard to say, how much Yagyuu will develop from this.. But situation is hard for her..
Hm.. So Haruka's motivation was to get Hibari all along?.. Interesting..
Snake academy girls are acting too casually, it seems.. They weren't like this before, really.. Are they enjoying playing with their prey or something?.. Is that, what's going on?..
Though, I think Haruka don't really want to break Hibari, but rather make Hibari her lover, no?.. Or something like that?.. So she wouldn't really allow to just destroy Hibari for others, it feels..

Hm.. I'm actually quite interested.. I mean.. Hibari needed character development.. And maybe she becomes a better person, more thoughtful and brave.. And what makes her like this?.. Maybe dark academy?.. It actually would be an interesting character development, if Hibari would find her place there.. Or even if she won't, she can find things better about herself there, still it being thanks to dark academy again.. That's quite interesting.. Maybe Hibari needed some darkness..

Great episode, one of the best so far.. ;P Story got very interesting, as well as Hibari and Yagyuu getting character development, as well as we're getting to know more about Snake academy's girls.. Just great episode, really.. ;p
Jun 29, 2021 2:54 AM

Feb 2020
Hibari fell into the dark side. Well, at least for a moment. It was about time for her to get some character development.

Nice Hibari x Haruka moments. They make a great yuri couple, even better than Hibari x Yagyuu.

Suzune a.k.a Rin made her move. The plot thickens.

SerafosDec 4, 2023 1:54 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senran Kagura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Jan 6, 2013

152 by frequency15k »»
Nov 27, 2023 11:32 PM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Mar 24, 2013

76 by bmxkid1319 »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:50 AM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 20, 2013

53 by Figva »»
Mar 25, 2022 6:03 AM

Poll: » Poll: Which Girl is your Favorite

Fail_Man_X - Aug 9, 2021

5 by JonathanSamuelo »»
Dec 28, 2021 7:05 PM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

33 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2021 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.