Forum Settings
Forums
xxxHOLiC Rei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad that they are back... including Yuuko!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 2, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2007
Ch.1 looks more like spinoff or reboot, as opposed to direct continuation? Not sure I'm reading that. I may be mistaken though, as clamp in general likes to mindfuck their readers ^^
Mar 3, 2013 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
livid said:
Ch.1 looks more like spinoff or reboot, as opposed to direct continuation? Not sure I'm reading that.

Watanuki's sudden "headache" right after Yuuko mentioned the thing about (human) wishes tells me quite differently.
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Mar 3, 2013 6:51 AM

Mar 2012
I don't know... I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. I was hoping for some more substance, not just it going back to how it was.

^Above: What do you mean?
Mar 3, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2013
So glad Yuuko is back, wohoo!

Them coming back should've had a better entrance, pretty sure they'll make up for it along the way though:)

Watanuki's headache jumped out at me too for some reason
Mar 3, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
>A customer is here.

Fuck ya, series is back.
Mar 3, 2013 7:28 AM

Dec 2007
Maybe it's early to start with the crazy theories and all but...
I have a feeling this is all a dream. That egg that Doumeki didn't use in xxxHolic, maybe it was used by his grandson... what do you think?
Mar 3, 2013 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
CLAMP is off doing another one of their semi-doujins... I guess that they have some vacation to pay for or the like...
Mar 3, 2013 9:17 AM

Jul 2011
I'm so glad, but I wish it was more than 20 pages.
講廢話,被撞到.
Mar 3, 2013 9:31 AM

Dec 2008
YUUKO! YUUKO! YUUKO! YUUKO'S BAAAAACK!!! ;_____________________; <3333 YUUUUKOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;___________________________;

inb4itsalladream.

"A customer is here." HOLIC IS BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! With 200 different questions...but...ITS OK! That's CLAMP for you!

bialovesanime said:
Maybe it's early to start with the crazy theories and all but...
I have a feeling this is all a dream. That egg that Doumeki didn't use in xxxHolic, maybe it was used by his grandson... what do you think?

Well, the series ended with him saying it wasn't time yet as Watanuki was still holding on. Who knows.
sarroushMar 3, 2013 9:40 AM
Mar 3, 2013 12:09 PM

Oct 2008
Great idea, bringing back characters who previously caused a deep emotional trauma and act like nothing happened.
I do love the original concept in this manga with all the "supernatural detective duo" stories, but I'd still rather have Clamp actually continue the series from where they left off than make a doujinshi-like spin-off. I really hope they'll get back to the plot :(
But I'll be reading anyway, cuz Yuuko's back and I love her too much to drop this!
Mar 3, 2013 2:25 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I did miss the natural batter of those characters but you can't just ignore everything that has happened and have an easy start like that. At least, inform the readers if this is a continuation or some reboot.

I do get the feeling of a continuation but I'd rly prefer some bigger hints than a headache and just 20 pages! I do wonder if Watanuki is so alone he's hacing delusions :<

Oh well, even if this is just random instances with a bit of a plot, I won't mind. I'm kind afraid to see how worse they can make it after that horrid ending in the original manga so this sounds just perfect x.x
Mar 3, 2013 2:25 PM

Dec 2010
Aaah, I'm so glad they're back <3
Actually, when I heard they were going to do a sequel I was a bit disappointed. I loved Holic's ending, and I thought a sequel would've ruined it (what if they randomly revive Yuuko out of nowhere?! Please, no! I expect some more from mangaka like them...).
But well, I liked this "good old times-style" first chapter, it's nice to see Yuuko again. Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd prefer it to be just a spin-off than a sequel...
Mar 3, 2013 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
I'm glad that they are back too, but that was a weird way to re-start the manga. I think this chapter was only a "past memory" or even a dream. Hoping it gets better in the next chapters.
bubblegumraveOct 31, 2021 7:59 PM
Mar 3, 2013 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
YUUUUKOOO...... though for sure it's some kind of illusion.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Mar 3, 2013 7:59 PM

Oct 2011
loved seeing this back (one of my favorites by clamp who are among my favorite mangaka), but what the hell? no continuation from the ending of the original series......no answering of where yuuko-san disappeared to and will she come back.....very frustrating - maybe later?
Mar 3, 2013 9:29 PM

Dec 2007
I'm guessing Watanuki wished for time to rewind at the expense of his memories (again). That can't be good.

Or wished for Yuuko to come back, and the only way for her to return is if time is rewound or something.

I'm getting headaches too.
Mar 4, 2013 4:27 AM

Dec 2008
Yes!! Yuuko Ichihara is BACK!!

However, if I know CLAMP, this is definitely a continuation of the original xxxHOLiC. I think Watanuki inadvertently has done the same thing that Clow Reed did when Yuuko originally died and he wished for her to open her eyes again.

Watanuki's wish seems to have turned back time, but I bet there's going to be a hefty price. Hopefully not in exchange for his own life.

Can't wait for the next chapter!!
Mar 4, 2013 5:57 AM

May 2011
It's good to see Yuuko and the gang.
Mar 4, 2013 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
why did they even bother ending the other one...clearly nothing's changed.
Mar 4, 2013 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
I am eagerly anticipating the mindfuckery.
Mar 5, 2013 12:22 PM
Mar 2013
People really think this is just a reset button? I highly doubt it, for these reasons:

1. The color splash page references Watanuki's wish from Rou to see Yuko again,
2. Watanuki's eyes are back to normal, meaning if this is a reset button, it would negate one of the most important events for his character development.
3. Doumeki can enter the shop, which did not happen until after Watanuki fell out the window
4. Watanuki's personality is not quite as volatile as it used to be, and certainly not as volatile as it was prior to the eye incident. Note how affectionately he responds to Yuko's requests (If it makes you happy then I don't mind), and also note that Yuko and Doumeki both pick up that something is different about him (you've been killing the comedy recently)
5. Mokona is absent
6. Watanuki has a headache/dizzy spell in response to Yuko speaking of "things happening in accordance to wishes"
7. The opening page itself is speaking of illusions, death, and wishes, which only bring to mind Yuko and the wishes made for her to live/come back even though she'd died.

I'm pretty sure CLAMP has something mindscrewy up their sleeve for this.... but for now, have chosen to open the story with something more lighthearted like a good-old-fashioned customer for the wish shop.
ninja_wolfMar 5, 2013 2:58 PM
Mar 8, 2013 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
first of all so glad xxxHolic is back.

but yea like everyone i was wondering is this a re start or continuation or spinoff.

what i got from page14 Yuko's comment about Watanuki killing the comedy recently got me thinking right away like hmm that's unusual,
then page 19 that headache buzz he got after Yuko's speech
and also this talking about everything going round to a humans wish(instead of the old nothing is a coincidence saying)
confirmed for me that yea this is a continuation and rather then any of the other.
Mar 24, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
I am really glad to see they are back!
Thanks for the referenes ninja wolf that is helpful at first I thought it was a spin off not a continuation but now I'm not sure, but I'm sure I will love it cause I already loved this chapter.
Oct 23, 2013 11:35 AM

Nov 2007
Yuuko and Watanuki and Doumeki are BACK! <3 So glad.
My heart is soo happy! haha. :))

So, Rei means RETURN?
is that a hint? Watanuki RETURNED to the time where Yuuko was with him? ohhh~ anyways, no need to bother for now. enjoy this first. :D
Nov 24, 2013 7:24 AM

Sep 2012
Dam, why they ton't explained how it happened, how Yuuko got back, & how so meany things changed

More topics from this board

» any news?

_xxXHediolic_ - Feb 22, 2023

16 by MitsukiAkashi »»
Dec 18, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC: Rei Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

4 by UfolyCloud »»
May 23, 2022 4:10 AM

» Is xxxHolic no more?

asei - Apr 24, 2021

7 by Aleph199X »»
Apr 20, 2022 11:44 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC: Rei Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2017

10 by asei »»
Apr 24, 2021 2:47 AM

» So what happened to xxxHOLIC: Rei anyways?

Fuyu2001 - Apr 26, 2019

9 by crescensXG »»
Jun 8, 2020 4:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.