Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
i loved her speech :)
Mar 1, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Wow... Just wow. That was a beautiful speech. It really touched me... best episode of the series, imho.

Also, that blue guy near the end was sooo creepy xD

And idk what happened at the end with the whole "I hope to see you again" thing o.o
Mar 1, 2013 1:57 PM

Feb 2009
Her speech moved me to tears. I'm glad the people didn't get fool by the stupid politic
Mar 1, 2013 2:01 PM
May 2012
Osm episode again, that speech :3 The ending really made me " What? " Is that Maou talking in the end? oh well we'll find out next episode.
Mar 1, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
It was fun hearing a speech that's actually good in anime.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 1, 2013 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
and this is why i hate religion

bastek66 said:

That must have been Bruce Ironstaunch.

would be soooooo good if the rock hit and fucked up the shitbrain homos face
Mar 1, 2013 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
So much BDSM got me all excited i wish they would have stepped on her head a bit.

But other than that great episode amazing speech, stop being a tool and open your eyes.
Mar 1, 2013 2:54 PM
Nov 2012
Wow hero, were you going to wait until they killed her or something?

As much as some of this episode was really hard to watch,
it was a really good speech and support from the Winter King was an awesome moment!

What was up with the end part though, I didn't quite get that.
Mar 1, 2013 3:01 PM

Jun 2012
Damn what a girl...

Pretty powerful speech from fake Maou and this episode kind of gives an idea what the Church in medieval times up was actually like. Events like this were relatively commonplace during the era of the Spanish Inquistion. Kind of surprised though this speech took up the whole episode but was needed looking back. Now I want to see how the real Maou is doing in her renewal of her Demon King license and such.
Mar 1, 2013 3:09 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome episode, so intense. I was frickin' angry looking at the messenger, and inquisitors hitting the girl.
Best episode so far, the girl's speech was undeniably amazing.
At the end, was it the light spirit, or the previous Maou, I wonder... So many Heroes, same head gear too.
AkagatariMar 1, 2013 3:13 PM
Signature
Mar 1, 2013 3:38 PM

Dec 2011
What an amazing episode!!!!
Her speech moved me to tears.
APPLAUSE!!!!!

5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2013 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
Makes me want to go atheist. Nah, not really. But yeah, religion.

ihateeveryone said:
What a wonderful episode, for once.

I know, right?
Mar 1, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2011
My god the best episode ever!!!! The most inspiration speech ever T__T F*** that church guy!!! He is the heretic. I was so glad Winter King saved her and the townspeople. I was hoping Yuusha to do something. Oh well. This episode went so fast TwT
Mar 1, 2013 4:14 PM
Jun 2008
Nice speech of freedom from the sister maid. I had to almost finish Maoyu just to understand the true meaning of that speech .

xfire011 said:

At the end, was it the light spirit, or the previous Maou, I wonder... So many Heroes, same head gear too.
It was the light spirit (fiery girl) .
Mar 1, 2013 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
Wow @ the cruelty... and the long speech about herself under Maou's appearance. It went differently as planned and Yuusha didn't have his use.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 1, 2013 5:07 PM

Jan 2011
Good to see the Winter King step up to the plate. Looks like we might be about to have a Reformation here--although if Maoyuu's intention is to end conflict this may set it back a bit. There's no war like a religious war, especially when two monotheistic faiths (or an established church and a reform movement) are fighting.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 1, 2013 5:10 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
rodac said:
There's no war like a religious war, especially when two monotheistic faiths (or an established church and a reform movement) are fighting.
Sure, god is real. My god is real. Your god is real. All gods are real. Why you so upset? No need to fight about it.

;)
Mar 1, 2013 5:18 PM

Dec 2011
That speech was very powerful :)
Loved the episode!
Mar 1, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
Cratex said:
rodac said:
There's no war like a religious war, especially when two monotheistic faiths (or an established church and a reform movement) are fighting.
Sure, god is real. My god is real. Your god is real. All gods are real. Why you so upset? No need to fight about it.

;)

and another polytheist weighs in ;)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 1, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome episode, i wasnt ready for this epic speech...so intense and real.
Mar 1, 2013 5:55 PM

Jul 2009
wow... doki doki
Mar 1, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2009
Easily the best episode of this series thus far. My only hope is that the anime continues at this level. Previous episodes have ranged from so-so to disappointing.
Mar 1, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
Religion sucks.

Still i have to say my light for this show was glowing very Dim but for once it had a amazing episode such a powerful speech shit was deep!.
Mar 1, 2013 6:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
KamiKali said:
Tears anyone, i hope it wasn't just only me that was affected by the speech

No, you're not the only one. That was one hell of a moving speech T_T
For some reason, the insect thing reminded me of Kafka's Metamorphosis XD Still, the maid was definitely did a great job in opening other people's eyes as well as the King's,
Mar 1, 2013 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
This was a fantastic episode. Makes up for the last couple in my book.
Mar 1, 2013 6:56 PM

Apr 2008
Mnn, first let me say that I enjoyed it. Like many others have said, this episode finally felt like something happening. It wasn't as detached as the previous.

That said, it was sort of awkward. They built the atmosphere beautifully, but it was to the point that it was more wanting her words to be revelatory than the conclusion actually being that interesting. I was hoping she was really going somewhere with the speech. The atmosphere came at a more direct price too. While the feeling was just right, it's ridiculous on closer inspection to think that they would whip her mercilessly for missing a step then just allow her to give a speech with minimal interruption. There's no way she would have been given the chance, and the indignation was far too weak and late.

Moving away from the speech, that seal eye thing and glowing woman (light spirit?) at the end were certainly out of nowhere. With just 3 episodes to go I can't imagine the conclusion will be satisfying.
Mar 1, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2012
WTF Hero just jerking off on the rooftop making Winter King save the girl..
Mar 1, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, they just started whipping her, and I wasn't prepared.

Nice speech, certainly can evoke some emotions that's in all of us.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 1, 2013 7:23 PM

Feb 2012
This anime scored quite a few more points for me after this episode. Kinda sucks though that Maou is getting all the credit for her actions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2013 7:31 PM

May 2010
What a beating :( i wanted to see at least of of those dude die. >:(
Mar 1, 2013 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
I was at the verge of jumping in the screen to punch that damn priest in the face.
God, that speech from the maid was the best thing i saw for quite a time.
Mar 1, 2013 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
The first episode of this anime in which I was really engaged.
Love the character moments rather than the boring fantasy plot.
Mar 1, 2013 8:27 PM

Apr 2010
I'm moved by this amazing episode and her speech. My favorite part was when the spectators threw rocks at the Church's dogs.

It's like I'm watching an anime about how the human race should have moved forward from 500 years ago. Minus the demons.

Mar 1, 2013 8:32 PM
Sep 2012
Hello! This is my first time delving into posting actively on MAL but i felt that i should post my response to this episode.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is not a typical genre that you see alot. Though it has very strong similarities to Spice and Wolf on the romance level.

Finally we get to touch upon the true meaning and significance this series is attempting to tell. Being told be the right person and the power behind simply words that can stir emotions in almost anyway. It makes one reflect on our own lives and how we live it.

Overall this episode to me was by far the best episode to date.

For those who are confused or upset by the lack of action of the Hero it is mostly due to him realizing she is fighting in her own way... feeling powerless in a conflict that doesn't necessarily involve her. As a person who has learned of the kindness of the Demon King and Hero she has broke her shackles of being defeated as a "insect" or slave.

Cant wait for whats to come!
Mar 1, 2013 8:34 PM

Sep 2012
Akamitsu said:
It's like I'm watching an anime about how the human race should have moved forward from 500 years ago. Minus the demons.
This is the whole theme of this LN, a light-novel take, with all the entertaining elements that youngsters nowadays are receptive like fantasy or moe, on an accelerated telling of human society development that touches on technology, commerce, education, religion, war, ethnic and class discrimination etc.

Anyway, we now see how the maid's serf background came back as an important element in story development and started something that perhaps even Maou has not planned on yet: Serf Emancipation will start to spread now.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2007
Valerant said:
For those who are confused or upset by the lack of action of the Hero it is mostly due to him realizing she is fighting in her own way... feeling powerless in a conflict that doesn't necessarily involve her. As a person who has learned of the kindness of the Demon King and Hero she has broke her shackles of being defeated as a "insect" or slave.!

I agree.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 1, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
whoa, definitely an epic speech, I even teared a bit, although the guy from de church just heard her speak most of the time instead of stopping her (what was his intention), anyway that was a great episode.
Mar 1, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
Hydnlife said:
What a beating :( i wanted to see at least of of those dude die. >:(

those shithead fucks deserves worse then death
so cruel and inhumane that they would beg for the sweet release of death
Mar 1, 2013 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
Epic speech, definitely the best episode so far.
Mar 1, 2013 9:40 PM
Oct 2010
fucking awesome. told those church douchers whos boss.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 1, 2013 9:42 PM
Jul 2011
That was legendary on so many different levels.

Really gave us a reminder to reflect on how we are living our lives.
Mar 1, 2013 10:19 PM

Feb 2013
Wow that speech episode was amazing, now that the older sister maid has shown every1 what she can do I wonder what lies in store for her
[/url]
Mar 1, 2013 10:27 PM
Jun 2008
Valerant said:

Cant wait for whats to come!
Speech like that would bring blood,death and war~~ ... I don't think they will just run off just like that. =P
Mar 1, 2013 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
Best ep, the flogging was hard to watch :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 1, 2013 11:48 PM

Apr 2012
It probably was not the Church's greatest idea to let someone they claim to be a heretic deliver a long, persuasive speech in front of a large crowd.
Mar 1, 2013 11:52 PM

May 2012
JohnGalt89 said:
It probably was not the Church's greatest idea to let someone they claim to be a heretic deliver a long, persuasive speech in front of a large crowd.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 2, 2013 12:15 AM

Nov 2010
But who are the guys at the end(demons I pressume)?
Mar 2, 2013 1:26 AM
Jun 2008
JohnGalt89 said:
Well,the inquisitor was the one who told the girl to speak up whatever she want.It was rude to interrupt lol
Anyway, the inquisitor prepared some stone to the crowd and he was expecting the crowd to throw stone at her. I think he was shock at the response as well .
Mar 2, 2013 2:00 AM

Sep 2008
JohnGalt89 said:

Nobody has ever challenged the church's authority before. This was a shocking surprise.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 2, 2013 2:57 AM

Aug 2008
This speech was already quite dull in manga but here I just skipped over most of it. There's something wrong with scrip or directing in this series. I just don't care what is happening and everything seems so forced. Original is really good but anime is so mediocre I'll forget it shortly after it's over. Just as I feared, another great story wasted by adaptation that shouldn't exist.

Brigandi said:
and this is why i hate religion
katsu044 said:
Religion sucks.
You're either stupid or really stupid. Last two episodes were about how this is purely political move and you're still spouting nonsense like this. Where these idiots come from...
AntanaruMar 2, 2013 3:05 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

464 by lorwne »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.